Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Beginners - Learn Android Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Beginners - Learn Android Programming (22295 Views)

Learn Android App Development For FREE Here / Let Learn Android Programming Togather / Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 10:37am On May 23, 2011
I have decided to learn how to write software programs for my android device .  Dont panic if you dont own an android device.  I am sure android has an emulator that can be installed on pc.

Hence i would like share this experience with others on NL who are interested. 

So journey with me  " GOOGLE IS GRADUALLY TAKING OVER THE world

I am sure it will be FUN .   I am also a beginner - but with dedication - everything is possible

Who knows we can develop an Android developer career
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 11:09am On May 23, 2011
In lay man term - Andriod is google's software stack for mobile device ( that includes an operating system and middleware) very similar to the Apples IOS for the iphone. Because these apps for android are based on java. it makes sense for us to learn about java before we dive into the world of Android development.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 11:15am On May 23, 2011
I can teach you android development but first you hav to be good in Java
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 11:27am On May 23, 2011
Fayimora:

I can teach you android development but first you hav[b] to be good in Java[/b]

Thanks - to what level ( Beginner, intermediate or advance )
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 11:37am On May 23, 2011
Do you mean to what level should you kknw java or to what level amma gon take you to on android
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 11:41am On May 23, 2011
Fayimora:

Do you mean to what level should you kknw java or to what level amma gon take you to on android
Knowledge level of Java.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 11:43am On May 23, 2011
Close to being advanced is super. Also before i forget you also needd to be at least a beginner in xml. Have a general knowledge of what's goin on
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 12:15pm On May 23, 2011
Fayimora:

Close to being advanced is super. Also before i forget you also needd to be at least a beginner in xml. Have a general knowledge of what's goin on

Cheers - I guess you will be ready to assist - when problems occur grin
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 12:22pm On May 23, 2011
Sure dude
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by dellnet: 1:41pm On May 23, 2011
Fayimora, so all along you know android sdk and you left me on a course cursing, good.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 2:51pm On May 23, 2011
As mentioned by Fayimore it is essential to understand java concepts before embarking on learning Android. I will try and keep information as limited as possible .  This onus remains on the beginner to do outside of this forum learning of Java.

What is Java. Java is a language and platform originated by sun microsystem.  Sun organised java into three main editions  Java SE, Java EE and Java ME.

jAVA is a language is which developers express source code and the java syntax rules is patterned after the C AND C++  hence if know C/C++  you are halfway there in becoming an android developer.

Some very good books on Java

1. Thinking in Java by Bruce Eckel

2.  Head First Java is great for beginners.

3. Sams Teach Yourself Java 6 in 21 Days
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 4:50pm On May 23, 2011
@Dell_net hahah sowieee ddnt know you wanted to learn android,  sad So what have you done so far?

@blackstat cool but a few points

First if you want to learn Java, I wont advice you go through those books. I hae red them and they arent books for beginners.

*Beginners*
Starting out with Java
Java in easy steps
Java, how to program
The big java

Now when you are done with these,  obviously not all but yeah>>>then you can go into the books blacksta listed.

This is because Java is divided into 3 learning constructs.
Procedural
Object Orientation
Advanced

This is not on official division but that the main thing as thats how I learnt Java.

Good luck to anyone reading this.

Also you MUST have at least a 5/10 knowledge on XML else you are not going to be able to develop *WONDERFUL* apps. XML takes care of layout and UI in android so its essential
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 7:20pm On May 23, 2011
^^

Fantastic points - will check those books
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Seun(m): 12:17am On May 24, 2011
Good thread.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 12:24am On May 24, 2011
Many thanks,
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Pelumiv(m): 1:05am On May 24, 2011
All u programmers have blown my head away. Thanks to all ya especially my Ogas Fayimora,Slyrox2 and GsmXpect. U guys has turn this section of Nairaland to what it was in the days of Neoteny. LETS KEEP IT UP.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Gsmxpert(m): 10:55am On May 24, 2011
qout:\I can teach you android development but first you hav to be good in Java

java is just an option for the android, the official android development is done via sdk, check here

http://developers.android.com/sdk
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 11:15am On May 24, 2011
Gsmxpert:

java is just an option for the android, the official android development is done via sdk,  check here

http://developers.android.com/sdk

Mr Man  - your statement is not entirely factual  -   

The Android SDK provides the tools and APIs necessary to begin developing applications on the Android platform using the Java programming language. - So without java - how do you intend to manipulate the api and tools
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 24, 2011
Well both Faymora and GsmExpert are both right,Java is just the option for the API but C++ can also be used too to build apps,but most of the apps is mainly built with Java,anyway GSMExpert and Fayimora keep up the good work,u inspiring me i have the whole SDK and Device Simulator just curious as to if Android is a viable market in Nigeria before i jump into learning it,cuz its either Qt or Android for me to learn.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Gsmxpert(m): 2:34pm On May 24, 2011
google mirsal, an arabic input app i made with C++ via sdk
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 3:05pm On May 24, 2011
pc guru:

Well both Faymora and GsmExpert are both right,Java is just the option[b] for the API but C++ can also be used too to build apps,but most of the apps is mainly built with Java,[/b]anyway GSMExpert and Fayimora keep up the good work,u inspiring me i have the whole SDK and Device Simulator just curious as to if Android is a viable market in Nigeria before i jump into learning it,cuz its either Qt or Android for me to learn.

Makes sense if JAVA syntax rules was built after C/C++
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Pelumiv(m): 3:58pm On May 24, 2011
Oya na guru's let go, i don dey trip, chei
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 4:20pm On May 24, 2011
The First to cover some java development basics

Tools Needed Part 1

1. Eclispe IDE
2. Netbeans IDE

wORking with jdk ( java development kit ) at the command is probably okay for small projects, However this practice is not recommend for large projects, which are hard to manage without the help of an integrated development Environment (IDE)

An IDE consists of a project manager for managing a project’s files, a text editor for entering and editing source code, a debugger for locating bugs, and other features. Two popular IDEs are NetBeans and Eclipse.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 24, 2011
@Fayimore am surprised that u created an Android app with C++,cuz i know the NDK is quite harder than the regular SDK.nice one am kinda stuck as to which to dive into Qt or Android.it wud have been a good kill if Qt could run on Android Device i know Qt Lighthouse does but its not a stable port yet.need ur input GSMExpert thanx.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 7:06pm On May 24, 2011
I use Java and not c++, NEver tried c++ for android before
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by segsalerty(m): 10:14pm On May 24, 2011
i am liking this thread but dont think i enjoy or want to enjoy Mobile App dev. But, i can start liking it now if u guyz can GINGER me ! cheesy
I wanna learn ooo wink
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 10:15am On May 25, 2011
Moving along  - The plans remains " Develop aN Android App in 3 months " x

I will be using the Netbeans IDE through out this tutorial  - but feel free to try Eclispe IDE

For Netbeans  - download the one that support Netbeans platforms SDK and Java SE roughly about 66MB

http://netbeans.org/downloads/
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 25, 2011
Sweet got the book but will prefer a someone here giving directions. am using Aptana Studio for Android so feel free to continue,eager to learn
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 2:21pm On May 25, 2011
Haha blackstar ddnt knw dat u were gonna teach android. Thought u wanted to learn android and dats y i offered to teach you. Sorry for d confusion
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Beaf: 3:14pm On May 25, 2011
You can create Android apps in C# and good ol' Visual Studio, nothing beats that combination for sheer RAD, quality and code nirvana. There are a plethora of brilliant Mono ports to Android, the one from Novell stands out: http://mono-android.net/
But there's also https://github.com/koush/androidmono.

Guy's, give up dying languages like Java, VB etc.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 3:20pm On May 25, 2011
Dyin languages like Java? C# better for android? 100% disagree!!!!
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Nobody: 3:28pm On May 25, 2011
Ouch Dying languages like Java that seriously sounds Wrong even C# is a copy of Java except you can imagine JVM as your MSIL,even looking at both coding style there are just so similar,but left to me i prefer C# but Java is not dead at all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Opensource 3D Game Participation Call / Help Me Write The Quadratic Equation (almighty Formula) In This Languages / Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.