Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,594 members, 7,816,469 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Beginners - Learn Android Programming - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Beginners - Learn Android Programming (22305 Views)

Learn Android App Development For FREE Here / Let Learn Android Programming Togather / Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 25, 2011
C# actually is easier and has far more better tools for development.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by megaplaza(m): 9:33pm On May 25, 2011
i set up android development platform some days back. Now, i need a project that will help me explore the android world. I only know the basics aand have done small apss like investment calculator, tip calculator and i have enough eebooks for reference. I need an idea on aa project that i shld do. Thanks.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 10:05pm On May 25, 2011
Develop a mini-Payroll system for a company. An application that can be used to pay workers in a company, There should be at least 3 different types of workers. The simulation should be attractive. It should also not be too heavy

If you having probs with UML i can quickly start up one for you which you would have to finish.

Make use of an embedded database

You should have a login system(allows only certain people)

If your application is SUPER or and the simulation is fast using the minimal memory, just send me your paypal email address and you would be £50 richer.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by megaplaza(m): 2:04am On May 26, 2011
fayimora, am in. Will communicate with you and update you. Thanks for the opportunity.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 9:15am On May 26, 2011
Ok goodluck. Your time starts now!!!
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 9:19am On May 26, 2011
Fayimora:

Haha blackstar ddnt knw dat u were gonna teach android. Thought u wanted to learn android and dats y i offered to teach you. Sorry for d confusion

I am learning android and at the same teaching it - so your help will still be required - do you have pdf of those JAVA books you recommended earlier on.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by megaplaza(m): 9:41am On May 26, 2011
fayimora, i am already collecting data on for the requiremenr specification but i have a problem, i noticed that tax issues and net pay calculations varies from one state to another, will it apply to a particular state or region? if no, how do you i make the payment calculation generic as in which formula shld i use, also will the calculation be based on hours worked, weekly, monthly or willl it support all. Am askinng cause i need to build something that shlld be relevant to what you need it for. Thanks.
Megaplaza
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 9:48am On May 26, 2011
Firstly is megaplaza = blackstar

Anyways like i said its a. Mini pay roll system. You might decide nt to add anyfin tax if its too ambigious for you, three types of workers is fine. Also i dnt need the app. Someone asked for somefin to do i i gave him wink
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 9:56am On May 26, 2011
Fayimora:

Firstly is megaplaza = blackstar

Anyways like i said its a. Mini pay roll system. You might decide nt to add anyfin tax if its too ambigious for you, three types of workers is fine. Also i dnt need the app. Someone asked for somefin to do i i gave him wink

No way
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 10:00am On May 26, 2011
Yeah soRry bout that. Just realised am confusing another thread with this one. Was usin ma ipad so ddnt really check
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by megaplaza(m): 10:24am On May 26, 2011
fayimora, ok, thanks will keep in touch as i progress. Though u don't neef, i want the app to be useful and relevant not just an aapp for learning and exploring android.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 1:54pm On May 26, 2011
Well you can start with a mini-one, show someone dat can be interested and den finish up the development. As for me, i mean for now, I develop to explore and perfect skills, The right time for marketing would come

1 Like

Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by megaplaza(m): 5:28pm On May 26, 2011
thanks,
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 7:04am On May 28, 2011
Lesson 1

Before writing any code , i can not over emphasis the importance of understanding the problem domain that you are attempting to model via any programming language.

tip No 1 Using Pseudo code - A compact and informal high level description of the problem domain.

or

Pseudocode is a kind of structured english for describing algorithms. It allows the designer to focus on the logic of the algorithm without being distracted by details of language syntax. At the same time, the pseudocode needs to be complete. It describe the entire logic of the algorithm so that implementation becomes a rote mechanical task of translating line by line into source code.

more here http://users.csc.calpoly.edu/~jdalbey/SWE/pdl_std.html
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by netghost: 10:38am On May 30, 2011
Beaf:

Guy's, give up dying languages like Java, VB etc.

LOL
whats with you and the microsoft framework, i develop in c# but u love the language just too much cheesy

@Fayimora and Blacksta

please go on with the tutor, i want to see some codes
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by denzel2009: 11:05am On May 30, 2011
blacksta:

I am learning android and at the same teaching it - so your help will still be required - do you have pdf of those JAVA books you recommended earlier on.

Nice thread! I can .rar 3 out of those books to you. Dont have java easy steps.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 1:32pm On May 30, 2011
denzel2009:

Nice thread! I can .rar 3 out of those books to you. Dont have java easy steps.

Pls hit me blackst_a@yahoo.com

Cheers
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by denzel2009: 2:09pm On May 30, 2011
blacksta:

Pls hit me blackst_a@yahoo.com

Cheers

Yep done! You should see a link.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Pelumiv(m): 11:31pm On May 30, 2011
denzel2009:

Plz can i get one 2? pelumiv@yahoo.com
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by denzel2009: 11:43pm On May 30, 2011
Pelumiv:

Plz can i get one 2? pelumiv@yahoo.com

Sent
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Pelumiv(m): 11:51pm On May 30, 2011
Thanks boss have seen it. U are d bomb
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 9:19am On May 31, 2011
denzel2009:

Thanks Mate grin
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Pelumiv(m): 9:51am On May 31, 2011
The guy is 2 much.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Nobody: 11:05am On May 31, 2011
tonicloz@yahoo.com
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 11:37am On May 31, 2011
Lol - Before you lot hijack this thread

Continuation of Lesson 1

PseudoCode does not execute on computer but rather it helps the programmer to think out a program before writing the code.

A carefully thought out pseudocode can easily be transformed into a corresponding Java program
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 11:48am On May 31, 2011
Example  1.1 of  Psuedocode

If student’s grade is greater than or equal to 90
     Print “A”
else
    If student’s grade is greater than or equal to 80
              Print “B”
   else
        If student’s grade is greater than or equal to 70
                Print “C”
      else
           If student’s grade is greater than or equal to 60
                  Print “D”
           else
                         Print “F”

JAVA Equivalent

if ( studentGrade >= 90 )
    System.out.println( "A" );
else
    if ( studentGrade >= 80 )
          System.out.println( "B" );
    else
         if ( studentGrade >= 70 )
            System.out.println( "C" );
        else
             if ( studentGrade >= 60 )
                 System.out.println( "grin" );
            else
                    System.out.println( "F" );
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by blacksta(m): 1:44pm On May 31, 2011
Example 1.2 of Psuedocode

Prompt user to enter number 1

Save input to num1

prompt user to enter number 2

save input to num2

Add num1 to num2

save addition of (num1 and num2) to sum

print sum

JAVA Equivalent

import java.util.Scanner;

public class EnterInput {

public static void main (String arg[]){

Scanner input = new Scanner(System.in);

int number1;
int number2;
int sum;

System.out.print("Enter first interger: "wink;
number1 = input.nextInt();

System.out.print("Enter second interger: "wink;
number2 = input.nextInt();

sum = number1 + number2;

System.out.printf(" Sum is %d\n", sum );

}

}

In lay terms pseudo code helps you visualise the solution before coding. grin
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Nobody: 3:04am On Jun 01, 2011
Is Android OS Linux basedIs their OS open source code too??
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by Fayimora(m): 7:39am On Jun 01, 2011
Please note that if you are a beginner you should just use 1 book for now and I advice "Java, How to program". For those that have emailed me you wud realise I ddnt send mopre than 1 book to you. Reasons withheld for now
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by otumfour(m): 8:29am On Jun 01, 2011
I must confess, Charlay! This is 1 smart azz thread.
Blacksta, Fayimora! I salute.
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by 0Edward0(m): 10:18am On Jun 01, 2011
Nice thread, so loving it

@blacksta and @Fayimora pls sand me the books so I can follow up on the lessons
edward.booke@gmail.com

Tanx
Re: Beginners - Learn Android Programming by ishekinah1(m): 10:35am On Jun 01, 2011
Faymorayou are doing a gret job. Could you send the pdf format of Java how to program to me?
My email address is shekinaholaleye@gmail.com
Thanks for your swift response.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's The Best Laptop For Coding / Opensource 3D Game Participation Call / Help Me Write The Quadratic Equation (almighty Formula) In This Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.