Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. (5033 Views)

Let Learn Android Programming Togather / What Level Of Java Is Required For Android Programming ? / Beginners - Learn Android Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Joshua3(m): 4:03am On Oct 18, 2012
Hi everybody, i just recently started android programming, and saw how easy it was. i would love to help anyone who is also interested in android begin.

1 Like

Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by kayLion(m): 4:00pm On Oct 18, 2012
bros, abeg am ready, se u go dey lead make i follow?...then, what and what do i need?...thx
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Joshua3(m): 7:12pm On Oct 18, 2012
@ Kaylion i would love to help.
Android has made its development very easy for developers. all you really need are;
1 a computer to write your code with
2 an ide to wrote your code on (i use eclipse and i recommend it.)
3 download the android sdk at developer.android.com
4[b] OR[/b] from eclipse you can configure it to write android.

What you'll need the most for preparation is just INTERNET to get all your tools.
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by GideonG(m): 12:17am On Oct 19, 2012
You need to learn the basics of Java first,
A fair Java knowledge will help you a lot.

I've been doing PHP,MYSQL,CSS,JAVASCRIPT,jQUERY
through out this year and I work almost 20hrs.

I will start learning Java/Android from the
1st of January 2013 just as I did with PHP(1st jan, 12.)

I am born to be an Android developer!

My worry is the time to dedicate in other to learn Python
because I want to replace PHP with Python for my web apps
even though I've started making money with PHP since from
my 7th month of learning.

We will rule Android next year by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Joshua3(m): 3:38am On Oct 19, 2012
Yeah ,Java basics is key .But you could learn that as you move along.

@ GideonG, nice one. i see you're not a newbie in programming, its nice having you around.

Android <Basically its> </Gui> is written with xml, we'll also get to know that better as we go.
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by abes(m): 6:41am On Oct 19, 2012
This youtube playlist (Android Bootcamp Series 2012) will help you

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE08A97D36D5A255F
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Joshua3(m): 6:56am On Oct 19, 2012
@abes Thanks for that info nice videos.

here is another one. i personally use this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtsyrKdPZVw&list=PL9E21BFF408167ED6&feature=plcp
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Joshua3(m): 6:57am On Oct 19, 2012
The Video takes you through the step of getting all you need to start android development.
downloading sdk , eclipse etc....
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by touthtek(m): 8:48am On Oct 19, 2012
Pls I need a php code on hw to send an sms and the sites to get the gateways
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Joshua3(m): 11:04am On Oct 19, 2012
@touthtek

I mean no disrespect, but dis forumm is strictly android oriented. not web design.

Dont divert us please. Thanks

I'm sure theres a web design fforum dat can respond to dat.
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Joshua3(m): 11:07am On Oct 19, 2012
@ kaylion & others

Pls let us know wen u get all d needed tools for android development, so we can begin something here.
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Kennyinusa(m): 11:33am On Oct 19, 2012
Android!!!
A̶̲̥̅♏ a java programmer, α̣̣ŋϑ I have been thinking of developing mobile apps. But †ђξ IDE α̣̣ŋϑ SDK has profoundly been a problem. isn't there any better IDE †̥• Program android than Eclipse, because I ‎​JU̶̲̥̅̊§‎​​​​​​​​t do not like †̥hα̲̅†̥ IDE.

Though I would download both †ђξ SDK α̣̣ŋϑ eclipse IDE today, I ‎​JU̶̲̥̅̊§‎​​​​​​​​t hope †̥hα̲̅†̥ it really does worth it.

Thanks @joshua

Netbeans rules #noni
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Joshua3(m): 12:08pm On Oct 19, 2012
@kennyinusa

About which is better, i cannot say. But from personal use, i prefer eclipse to any other ide.
In eclipse all u have to do is download plug-ins that adapt eclipse to a language, then you go ahead and write.

And you do not do this from your browser but from the ide itself. Its just cool.

You can have just a single eclipse ide and write almost all the languages available on it.
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by netghost: 3:06pm On Oct 19, 2012
Phonegap .. using javascript, css3 and html5
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Joshua3(m): 6:55am On Oct 20, 2012
Good morning everybody.

i want to know who has stated writing android already, so we can share ideas.
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Kennyinusa(m): 3:24pm On Oct 20, 2012
i was unable to download the IDE yesterday, but i am doing that right now. I got a couple of books yesterday that i might upload later in the day. I just hope that the download doesn't fail because am on a very low bandwidth....
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Kennyinusa(m): 5:40pm On Oct 20, 2012
I just finished downloading the Eclipse indigo IDE and android ADT.

Let's start Android............
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Joshua3(m): 5:59pm On Oct 20, 2012
Very good , i have been waiting to start

Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Joshua3(m): 6:08pm On Oct 20, 2012
and please note if you dont have an abdroid phone like ME, you need to get a simulator.

it is to test your applications.

if you get an eclipse ide, you can configure android directly from it and download the simulator.
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Kennyinusa(m): 6:20pm On Oct 20, 2012
J ø $ h ù á:
and please note if you dont have an abdroid phone like ME, you need to get a simulator.

it is to test your applications.

if you get an eclipse ide, you can configure android directly from it and download the simulator.
The problem with me is that my system is rarely connected; I.e. I download wif ma fone, so if u ve any direct download link; me woud so much appreciate.

If the simulator that u are talking about is embedded in the android SDK, then I think that I have it.
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Joshua3(m): 8:26pm On Oct 20, 2012
This is a text i copied straight from developer.android.com

"The Android Developer Tools (ADT) plugin for Eclipse provides a professional-grade development environment for building Android apps. It's a full Java IDE with advanced features to help you build, test, debug, and package your Android apps.

Free, open-source, and runs on most major OS platforms.
To get started, download the Android SDK."

This is why i recommended eclipse from the begining.
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Joshua3(m): 8:32pm On Oct 20, 2012
please go through this , to configure your eclipse:

this is what your ide should look like

Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Joshua3(m): 8:38pm On Oct 20, 2012
click on help on this tool bar.

Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Joshua3(m): 8:45pm On Oct 20, 2012
a drop box shows up. click on "install new software"

Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Joshua3(m): 8:58pm On Oct 20, 2012
a new window should come up . enter the site " android g - http://dl-ssl.google.com/android/eclipse " on the textbox.

the large multi text box should show up some things , choose the api you want and select the necessary tools you want.
if you have already downloaded some things eg sdk and sdk manager. this manager helps you check what and what you don't need.

Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Joshua3(m): 9:00pm On Oct 20, 2012
the icon on the left is sdk manager the one on the right is virtual device manager(emulator)

Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Joshua3(m): 9:01pm On Oct 20, 2012
just post , if you need more asst.

as for a direct link to down load, i'll check and see.
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Joshua3(m): 9:02pm On Oct 20, 2012
I have written how to configure eclipse for android up, scroll up to see it.
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by gsmcoder: 4:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
hope I can find time to be of help to anyone i can be. I have about 300 apps in the playstore.
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Joshua3(m): 4:56pm On Oct 21, 2012
Wow!! please i would really like that. could you give me the name of a few of your apps , so i could check it out.
@gsmcoder
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by JerrySho(m): 7:52pm On Oct 22, 2012
Am also interested in that plzzz
Re: Beginning Android Programming. Come Lets Start Together. by Joshua3(m): 10:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
Hello guys, i'm already going quite far in my tutorials. i need people who are ready to, lets start fast.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Has Multi-Billion Dollar Potential Startup Value If Taken Seriously / Votes Needed For Nigerian Student Whose Software Reduces Infant Mortality Rate / Python Smtp Scanner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.