Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

New Strike Looms In Hospitals: JOHESU Gives FG 15-Day Ultimatum - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / New Strike Looms In Hospitals: JOHESU Gives FG 15-Day Ultimatum (11978 Views)

Naira Scarcity: Death Figures Spike In Hospitals / JOHESU Stops Nationwide Strike, Gives FG 15-Day Ultimatum / Strike: "JOHESU is Selfish, They don't know what they want" must read!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Strike Looms In Hospitals: JOHESU Gives FG 15-Day Ultimatum by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 04, 2021
Modrov:

I stopped reading where you said that 'in dubai they don't pay taxes'.

Here is the thing, Dubai is part of the UAE.

1.The UAE has a population of 15 million people, and lives on 3 million barrels of crude per day.

2.Nigeria has a population of 200 million people and lives on 1.4 million barrels of crude per day.

That's why Dubai can get away without paying taxes. They have the cash to do so.

I still stand by my points, especially the point about taxes. If you remember as far as I do, strikes have always been a part of the Nigerian landscape since the 1980's. And they will continue to be unless government and the people learn to make more money.

I also stand by my taxation point. Most African countries are in debt because we think we can earn enough money from selling raw materials. The problem is, the raw materials are at a price that we cannot control. So we get forever broke...and take loans.

If we cannot learn these lessons now, we won;t learn them as separate countries...and there would be a big fight for control of resources. Which is why I DON'T back secession, not because I don't see its merits, but because I know that the new countries would not be in a position to survive without having raw materials to sell...and oil is the most lucrative. (Also, where do we draw the line. ? And no one has answered the minorities questions well)

The reason why you are making fun of me is because you don't like the idea of more taxes, removed subsides, and the hardwork of hilding leaders accountable. And yes, they are no fun, and yes, they don't do much on the justice level. But one thing I know...this fulani crisis won't have happened with a well funded police, a well funded legal system and a well funded rail and road system...and that can only happen with improved taxation , removal of subsidies, and making our rail, power, and petrol sector profitable.

But from your comment on Dubai, you want a society where you get everyhting free...and the thing is, there is no free thing in Freetown. East Germany and the DPRK tried that idea. By the 1990's...East Germany had collapsed and been taken over by the West, and the DPRK went through a brutal famine...and needed aid to get back on its feet.

Nigeria needs to become a less resource dependent country, and also needs to expand its tax base. Take it or leave it.

I stopped reading when you said Nigeria has a population of 200 million people.

Population is a boon to economy, not a barrier. The crude oil producer by Nigeria is way more than that of Dubai. Nigeria has much more natural and human resources than the UAE put together.

What have they done with it.

Maybe you should go and read the last post till the end, unless you're afraid if what you might read there.

1 Like

Re: New Strike Looms In Hospitals: JOHESU Gives FG 15-Day Ultimatum by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 04, 2021
TripleOh7:

I stopped reading when you said Nigeria has a population of 200 million people.

Population is a boon to economy, not a barrier. The crude oil producer by Nigeria is way more than that of Dubai. Nigeria has much more natural and human resources than the UAE put together.

What have they done with it.

Maybe you should go and read the last post till the end, unless you're afraid if what you might read there.

Which is why, if you really read my post...we can take advantage of our massive population by becoming a less resource dependent country...ie becoming an industrial country...which is the ultimate aim of all my yowling on this site.

But the thing is, industrial countries also charge taxes.

You on the other hand want us to make a living from selling raw materials. That's not how countries become rich...they become rich by using their raw materials to produce industrial products for the world.(You admired Dubai for not paying taxes...which is why I came to that conclusion)

Nigeria is poor because we do not use our raw materials...we sell them and import what we should make. And that poverty impacts our ability to police our people, and to maintain law and order...which is why we have crisis.

And you think that would change in your new countries? No. (Biafra was forced into creating its weapons because Nigeria managed to block them from getting their hands on oil revenue.)

That's why I don't like PDP, APC, and sadly most other parties. They don't think that way. And so do most Nigerians...most Nigerians want to work in an office and collect salary to buy imported goods for the house.
Re: New Strike Looms In Hospitals: JOHESU Gives FG 15-Day Ultimatum by sevenhundred(m): 10:04am On Sep 04, 2021
Modrov:

What stops you from holding your leaders accountable now?

The problem is you guys think that holding your leaders accountable involves saying 'buhari is a failure' (not that he isn't, he actually is a failure).

But do you know who your governors and LG chairmen are?

If you cannot hold them accountable...in addition to Aso Rock...you think things will change in the new country you are claiming?

The thing is, and this is one thing I have noticed...many of the people criticisng Buhari now, kept quiet when GEJ was messing up, likewise, many of the people who were blasting GEJ are now big time Buhari supporters..and parisesingers.

You guys see politics and governance as a means to chop. Not as a means to develop. You want new countries because you want to 'threaten the North' in the same way the North used sharia and islminsim to threaten the South.

All for your pocket.

You don't have to wait till you get ODUDUWA or Biafra republic before you question what your LG OR GOVERNOR is doing about your money. So start doing that now. Don't complain to me. I'm not in government or a Northerner.

Besides, how does new country solve the problem of paying health workers a decent salary? I know you guys...you will fight over oil money to fund your lifestyles. And in years, your new countries would be in debt.
how can you hold any leaders accountable now? when everything is all about tribe and religion? endsars is an example, how many core north participate? all because of tribal or religion affiliations.
Re: New Strike Looms In Hospitals: JOHESU Gives FG 15-Day Ultimatum by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 04, 2021
Modrov:

Which is why, if you really read my post...we can take advantage of our massive population by becoming a less resource dependent country...ie becoming an industrial country...which is the ultimate aim of all my yowling on this site.

But the thing is, industrial countries also charge taxes.

You on the other hand want us to make a living from selling raw materials. That's not how countries become rich...they become rich by using their raw materials to produce industrial products for the world.(You admired Dubai for not paying taxes...which is why I came to that conclusion)

Nigeria is poor because we do not use our raw materials...we sell them and import what we should make. And that poverty impacts our ability to police our people, and to maintain law and order...which is why we have crisis.

And you think that would change in your new countries? No. (Biafra was forced into creating its weapons because Nigeria managed to block them from getting their hands on oil revenue.)

That's why I don't like PDP, APC, and sadly most other parties. They don't think that way. And so do most Nigerians...most Nigerians want to work in an office and collect salary to buy imported goods for the house.

You this guy again with your one Nigeria.

I didn't even know you were the one that I responded to. I thought it was the guy I quoted originally.

I'm not going to engage you in any discussion about Nigeria's unity here.

It is futile. A complete waste of my time as you showed me yesterday.

You are free to hold on to your opinions of what Nigeria can become, even in the face of disintegration.

And I'm sure it is ok if I hold on to mine.

You can keep working hard to preserve the union (i.e if you aren't kidnapped by bandits first)

And we will do our best to balkanize the useless contraption that serves nobody except the West and their cronies.

Good luck. May the better group win.

1 Like

Re: New Strike Looms In Hospitals: JOHESU Gives FG 15-Day Ultimatum by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 04, 2021
sevenhundred:
how can you hold any leaders accountable now? when everything is all about tribe and religion? endsars is an example, how many core north participate? all because of tribal or religion affiliations.

Don't bother...start doing it now.
Re: New Strike Looms In Hospitals: JOHESU Gives FG 15-Day Ultimatum by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 04, 2021
TripleOh7:

You this guy again with your one Nigeria.

I didn't even know you were the one that I responded to. I thought it was the guy I quoted originally.

I'm not going to engage you in any discussion about Nigeria's unity here.

It is futile. A complete waste of my time as you showed me yesterday.

You are free to hold on to your opinions of what Nigeria can become, even in the face of disintegration.

And I'm sure it is ok if I hold on to mine.

You can keep working hard to preserve the union (i.e if you aren't kidnapped by bandits first)

And we will do our best to balkanize the useless contraption that serves nobody except the West and their cronies.

Good luck. May the better group win.

K.
Re: New Strike Looms In Hospitals: JOHESU Gives FG 15-Day Ultimatum by Majestickris7: 10:34am On Sep 04, 2021
The thin tire me bro.... I no just understand
freshboi88:

My brother we way dey go work dem no gree pay us again o.....
Re: New Strike Looms In Hospitals: JOHESU Gives FG 15-Day Ultimatum by Zeel007: 10:55am On Sep 04, 2021
Haves83:
Buhari is a failure
nah today you know...he don try my guy
Re: New Strike Looms In Hospitals: JOHESU Gives FG 15-Day Ultimatum by sevenhundred(m): 11:33am On Sep 04, 2021
Modrov:

Don't bother...start doing it now.

doing what? When I have known the end result?
Re: New Strike Looms In Hospitals: JOHESU Gives FG 15-Day Ultimatum by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 04, 2021
sevenhundred:
doing what? When I have known the end result?

Okay, enjoy your Buhari. cheesy

People who do nothing get leaders from APC and PDP to chop their money.

Recently I read about one corper who acted as an election officer for INEC in one of the states. Before the election, all the voters in his area were saying 'Government bad'...guess who they all voted for...the same government and then after they will say 'Election was rigged'.

You guys want money to chop. Development you know not.
Re: New Strike Looms In Hospitals: JOHESU Gives FG 15-Day Ultimatum by sevenhundred(m): 12:30pm On Sep 04, 2021
Modrov:

Okay, enjoy your Buhari. cheesy

People who do nothing get leaders from APC and PDP to chop their money.

Recently I read about one corper who acted as an election officer for INEC in one of the states. Before the election, all the voters in his area were saying 'Government bad'...guess who they all voted for...the same government and then after they will say 'Election was rigged'.

You guys want money to chop. Development you know not.

so, you only think Buhari is the problems? Sorry, I said earlier we have structural issue and only split can solved.
Re: New Strike Looms In Hospitals: JOHESU Gives FG 15-Day Ultimatum by tuoyoojo(m): 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2021
Modrov:

Nigeria is not dead. Nigeria would never die. And yes, I don';t like Buhari and APC too

Nigeria is suffering because we use the wrong economic model. We sell raw materials for $20 billion, and import things worth 30 billion...and go into debt as a result.

Meanwhile the industrialised nations buy our raw materials...and make producits worth $100 billion...and sell part of it to us for $30 billion

And we also spend billions on subsidies, which make it unproftable for refining of oil, and for production of power...because we have to help the poor...by tilitng the country into more and more debt.

We set up businesses to sell imported stuff instead of using our education to make them stuff.

We suppoort people who steal from the country...from the men and women at the top to the people who don't pay their power bills at the bottom

And you think that if we split the country, the problems will go away? When the same things happen at state and LG level?

You complain about Buhari...yet Buhari could only come from a nation of Buharis...which is what we all are.

Better wake up and smell the flowers.

If we split this country...there will be war . Endless war for resources and control of tribes, and so on. There is no African country that has peacefully split.

As I read ur write up, I just weak like dodo

If this country split, small small buharis go Rise to colonize d small small helmets wen go come out because if we split , it would not be into 20 o....na small small helmets everyone go dey struggle to control resources. They go wan sell raw materials and without manufacturing we nor go grow

God bless you for the brief explanation of 9ja problem

1 Like

Re: New Strike Looms In Hospitals: JOHESU Gives FG 15-Day Ultimatum by West2019(m): 7:07am On Sep 05, 2021
TripleOh7:

True. Expensive.
yes too expensive that where buhari government lead us to

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do You Also Experience This? / 'diet Or Die,' World’s Fattest Woman! / Kano Gas Explosion Injures Housewife, Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.