Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment (5844 Views)

Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C / Killer tornadoes sweep through parts of the United States. Over 50 reported dead / China To Take Over Zambian International Airport For Debt Repayment Default; (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by APCHaram: 9:03pm On Sep 04, 2021
The CCP are the ultimate Soko Loan app.

The CCP is set to take over parts of Montenegro due to that Nation not being able to payback $1bn loan it took from the Chinese EXIM bank to finance a road project to connect rural areas,

The loan was taken in 2015 and up till date no project on site.

What will happen to Nigeria after Buhari leaves and we can't repay the over $3bn used to build a rail line to connect Kano to his cousins in Niger Republic?

5 Likes

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by goodmorning40: 9:08pm On Sep 04, 2021
They are coming for my country Nigeria

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by Totilopussylick(m): 9:09pm On Sep 04, 2021
Montenegro have bitten more than they can chew.

Now they have to pay with part of the country cheesy.

3 Likes

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by APCHaram: 9:09pm On Sep 04, 2021
THIS IS HOW CHINA TAKES TERRITORY

THE CHINESE COMMUNISTS ARE ABOUT TO OWN VARIOUS NAVAL PORTS WHICH THEN BECOME MILITARY PLA NAVAL PORTS

They have already taken over that of Kenya's Mombasa port and that son of a slave trader, Rotimi Amaechi has used Tin-can and Wharf port as collateral to fund Buhari's railway into the deserts.

One day Yaribanzas will wake up to see PLA Warships anchored off the coast of Lagos and in the Lagoon.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by Spechialone(f): 9:09pm On Sep 04, 2021
Ok
Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by APCHaram: 9:13pm On Sep 04, 2021
Can I suggest we re-start the slave trade in Igbo comodities if we end up not able to pay what Khalifar borrowed from the chinks to build a railway into the sand dunes of the Sahara when a donkey or camel would have sufficed?

1 Like

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by matify83: 9:14pm On Sep 04, 2021
Crude oil swap as usual and trust the Chinese to build super tankers that would store our crude for decades.

2 Likes

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by gasparpisciotta: 9:17pm On Sep 04, 2021
Economic assassins

With the way things are going, some parts of Nigeria may belong to Beijing in future

4 Likes

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by vedaxcool(m): 9:19pm On Sep 04, 2021
This liar couldn't even quote the entire article just to achieve a predetermined agenda. Unless a loan agreement allows China to take over the territory then it is practically impossible for them to cease a country's territory.

Even in the event a country's default on its loan the infrastructure procured will usually be managed by the Chinese till the loan is amount has been obtained.

This thread is another attempt by liar to further dumb down nairalanders.

9 Likes

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by insidelife22(m): 9:30pm On Sep 04, 2021
they should show me my fathers portion since Nigeria is my father land.

make I sell am before China come.

2 Likes

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by APCHaram: 9:35pm On Sep 04, 2021
insidelife22:
they should show me my fathers portion since Nigeria is my father land.

make I sell am before China come.

Remember when we used to say that they should sell Nigeria and give us our share? Well, Buhari and his band of vagabonds in the APC have since sold and pocketed the entire money

4 Likes

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by OkuFaba(m): 9:36pm On Sep 04, 2021
goodmorning40:
They are coming for my country Nigeria
you see this too?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by APCHaram: 9:43pm On Sep 04, 2021
they have already taken Sri Lankan and Kenya's ports, planning to take Afghan airbase, two Pakistan islands and port city, multiple Ither islands. If this goes on ,most small economic nations will be 'selling' their territories off to china. The debt trap policy is REAL with the CCP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by vedaxcool(m): 9:43pm On Sep 04, 2021
[s]
APCHaram:

Yaribanza Zombie, Amaechi said the loan agreement with China was under a guarantee of Nigeria losing parts of her sovereignty.

What is Sovereignty? It is where the govt of a Nation loses the right over its territorial jurisdiction and it even includes fiscal and monetary policy as dictated by the lender.

[/s]

Obviously this guy is not educated.
For the benefit of those who want to be educated. Countries across the world have what you call Sovereign Immunity, meaning a company or individual cannot sue a country in the jurisdiction of another country. So if you want to sue Nigeria government, you will have to sue FG in Nigerian courts.
Companies who lend money to government or investment agreement usually demand the government waive the Sovereign Immunity clause. This is to pave way for such company to be able to sue such country in the jurisdiction of another country take for example the P& ID scam or the sunrise scam where the companies sued Nigeria in. UK and French courts respectively. It allows such companies if they win their case to be able to effect judgement against such country.
No country will sign of its sovereignty especially territory to another country. Even if China takes over assets such as ports in many countries it has provided loans to they will eventually return such assets once they have fully liquidated the debt owed to them.

It is a pity morons whose IQ barely surpasses that of a pig will resort to lies and distortions to fool a lazy audience who have no will to check any claim being passed on.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by APCHaram: 9:53pm On Sep 04, 2021
[s]
vedaxcool:

Obviously this guy is not educated.
For the benefit of those who want to be educated. Countries across the world have what you call Sovereign Immunity, meaning a company or individual cannot sue a country in the jurisdiction of another country. So if you want to sue Nigeria government, you will have to sue FG in Nigerian courts.
Companies who lend money to government or investment agreement usually demand the government waive the Sovereign Immunity clause. This is to pave way for such company to be able to sue such country in the jurisdiction of another country take for example the P& ID scam or the sunrise scam where the companies sued Nigeria in. UK and French courts respectively. It allows such companies if they win their case to be able to effect judgement against such country.
No country will sign of its sovereignty especially territory to another country. Even if China takes over assets such as ports in many countries it has provided loans to they will eventually return such assets once they have fully liquidated the debt owed to them.

It is a pity morons whose IQ barely surpasses that of a pig will resort to lies and distortions to fool a lazy audience who have no will to check any claim being passed on.

[/s]

Article 8(1) of the loan conditionalities signed by Buhari with China.

The clause described the loan as COMMERCIAL. That is a loud qualification in public international law.

It reads "The borrower hereby irrevocably waives any immunity on the grounds of sovereignty or otherwise for itself and its property in connection with any arbitration proceedings pursuant to Article 8(5) thereof with the enforcement of any arbitral awards pursuant thereto, except for the military assets and diplomatic assets."

What it simply means is that if the borrower defaults in repaying, and the lender takes the borrower to arbitration to decide how the loan would be recovered, the borrower can't plead it is a sovereign state and won't be subject to the jurisdiction of the arbitral panel.

Meaning: Nigeria waived her immunity to China when recovering bad loans.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by clarocuzioo(m): 10:11pm On Sep 04, 2021
okoo
Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 04, 2021
Hopefully the Northern politicians are not secretly ceding all the South properties to themselves, in case of Nigeria breaking. I don’t trust them.

4 Likes

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by Saifullah01: 10:31pm On Sep 04, 2021
I will comment later
Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 04, 2021
APCHaram:
[s][/s]

Article 8(1) of the loan conditionalities signed by Buhari with China.

The clause described the loan as COMMERCIAL. That is a loud qualification in public international law.

It reads "The borrower hereby irrevocably waives any immunity on the grounds of sovereignty or otherwise for itself and its property in connection with any arbitration proceedings pursuant to Article 8(5) thereof with the enforcement of any arbitral awards pursuant thereto, except for the military assets and diplomatic assets."

What it simply means is that if the borrower defaults in repaying, and the lender takes the borrower to arbitration to decide how the loan would be recovered, the borrower can't plead it is a sovereign state and won't be subject to the jurisdiction of the arbitral panel.

Meaning: Nigeria waived her immunity to China when recovering bad loans.

All what you're saying here is what Vadaxcool explained to you.

3 Likes

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by Tedpgrass: 10:35pm On Sep 04, 2021

Vedaxcool and APCHaram both state there will be a Chinese takeover of facilities - be it temporary or permanent..

That in my mind is quite worrisome...

If ports have been taken over in Sri Lanka, Pakistani islands, Southern African countries to mention a few..... .

That looks like a pseudo-military constellation in making for easy deployment.

That frankly is worrying.

As the host Nation becomes a complicit aggressor unknowingly!!!!

2 Likes

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by APCHaram: 10:40pm On Sep 04, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
All what you're saying here is what Vadaxcool explained to you.

So how is that not ceding sovereignty to China that which is in the Federal Executive list?
Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by APCHaram: 10:42pm On Sep 04, 2021
Tedpgrass:

Vedaxcool and APCHaram both state there will be a Chinese takeover of facilities - be it temporary or permanent..

That in my mind is quite worrisome...

If ports have been taken over in Sri Lanka, Pakistani islands, Southern African countries to mention a few..... .

That looks like a pseudo-military constellation in making for easy deployment.

That frankly is worrying.

As the host Nation becomes a complicit aggressor unknowingly!!!!

Its all geared towards one thing : Globo Homo and Buhari and their APC have been mandated to bankrupt and turn Nigeria into a failed state through insecurity and hunger to make it a case for a UN Mandated Province, same thing that old Marxist fool Wole Soyinka was advocating for recently,

You see that your Buhari? With the likes of him, no nation need worry about external aggressors.

1 Like

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by SarkinYarki: 10:44pm On Sep 04, 2021
Lol ....Buhari has sold Nigeria

1 Like

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by gnykelly(m): 10:48pm On Sep 04, 2021
vedaxcool:
This liar couldn't even quote the entire article just to achieve a predetermined agenda. Unless a loan agreement allows China to take over the territory then it is practically impossible for them to cease a country's territory.

Even in the event a country's default on its loan the infrastructure procured will usually be managed by the Chinese till the loan is amount has been obtained.

This thread is another attempt by liar to further dumb down nairalanders.

People on NL are by default dumb... A nation that goes around taking debt with no sufficient means of paying back must have away to forego what he acquired with the loan.

IMF and other western creditors are fund of writing off debt so this guys believe it is as usual.
Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by APCHaram: 11:00pm On Sep 04, 2021
gnykelly:

People on NL are by default dumb... A nation that goes around taking debt with no sufficient means of paying back must have away to forego what he acquired with the loan.

IMF and other western creditors are fund of writing off debt so this guys believe it is as usual.

A wise man who happens to be my father once told me that the banks are never your friend and I should do all I can to avoid getting into debt.

Debt has been an instrument of enslavement and conquest from time immemorial and the Chinese have learnt very well from the Jewish masters how to use debt to drive foriegn policy. Even the chokehold Jews have over the western world only came about because of huge debt these nations owe the Jewish banksters.

WW2 was fought because a particular debtor to Jewish banksters refused to pay and so the Jewish banksters got other debtors to him to ensure they collect from Germany.

The Vedaxcool of a Yaribanza Buharist does not even have a clue on how fiat debt has been used to enslave the world.

Let him be deceiving himself that Nigeria can escape the debt trap Buhari has landed us into something to which I was warning in 2014 that Buhari will do.

4 Likes

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 04, 2021
APCHaram:

So how is that not ceding sovereignty to China that which is in the Federal Executive list?
Let me use a port as an example for you.

If the Chinese are to build a port for you, if you're not capable of paying back the loan, they will take over the port and start running it to recoup their money. Once they get their money, they will hand over the port to you.

1 Like

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by christistruth01: 11:04pm On Sep 04, 2021
Zambia threatened to Nationalise all the Assets and refused to Issue Visas to those who wanted to take Control of the Chinese built Port on Lake. Victoria

The Chinese then offered to negotiate an alternative acceptable to both Zambia and China

2 Likes

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by APCHaram: 11:07pm On Sep 04, 2021
kmcutez:
Hopefully the Northerners are not secretly ceding all the South properties to themselves, in case of Nigeria breaking. I don’t trust them.

Ironically, Buhari and his vagabonds in the APC are using debt to keep Nigeria one.

No loan proposal from any thieving governor seeking FG guarantee that lands on Buhari will he not approve,

Why? Because all the moribund useless states that make up much of Nigeria depend on oil receipt revenue to function to which they have all borrowed up to the next 40ys into the future on hope of still getting money from the FG.

Now tell me if an average Osogbo man or Ebonyi whose governors have borrowed heavily with nothing but FG allocations as revenue will want to leave Nigeria and the free oil money?

Are you getting where I am going now?

2 Likes

Re: China To Take Over Parts Of Montenegro Over Failed Debt Repayment by APCHaram: 11:11pm On Sep 04, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Let me use a port as an example for you.

If the Chinese are to build a port for you, if you're not capable of paying back the loan, they will take over the port and start running it to recoup their money. Once they get their money, they will hand over the port to you.

That's pure lies and you know it.

The rail project from Kano to the middle of nowhere in Niger Republic will never pay itself in 100ys if completed and operational.

The Buhari govt is using other assets such as the Lagos Ports and power plants as collateral.

In the case of Kenya, the Mombasa port was not built by the Chinese but was built by the British during colonial era and the money borrowed from China was not meant for the port but for other infrastructure projects across China which the Kenyans offered their key port as collateral to which the Chinese have assumed full control of since Kenya failed to meet her obligations.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Hasn't Heard About This Thing Going On In Uganda? See What 2 Girls Are Doing / U.S. Politics: Presidential Candidate Donald Trump's Greatest Hits! / The UN Officially Declared The Beginning Of World War III

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.