Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,777 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C (31379 Views)

France Bans Muslim Students From Wearing Abaya Dress In State Schools / Heatwave HELL In Europe As 'lucifer' Heat Dome Sweeps Continent(Pics, Video) / More Than A Billion Seashore Animals Cooked To Death In Canada Heatwave(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by Holiness2100: 8:16pm On Jun 17, 2022
BURNING HEAT: France BANS outdoor events as parts of the country hit 40C as record-breaking heatwave sweeps Europe with a number of hospitals 'at capacity'

A punishing heatwave broke a string of records in France today which banned outdoor events as a heatwave swept across Europe.

Temperatures were seen to hit around the mid-30s in Spain and France today - expected to hit the 40s in most areas - while the mercury has topped 44C in Montpellier and 46C in Bilbao.

The French health minister said it has also seen 'hospitals at capacity, but keeping up with demand' as the 'earliest heatwave ever recorded' in 75 years hit.

In Gironde, southwest of France, public events outdoors have been banned 'until the heatwave ends'. Indoor events at venues without air-conditioning are also prohibited, but private celebrations, such as weddings, are still allowed.

Meanwhile schoolchildren in the 12 ‘red alert’ areas were told to stay home, and care home residents were rotated through air-conditioned rooms.

'Everyone now faces a health risk,' local official Fabienne Buccio told France Bleu radio.

In Spain, forest fires burned up to 7,000 hectares (17,300 acres) of land in the northwest Sierra de la Culebra region today, forcing some 200 people from their homes.

'Avoid over-exposing to the sun, hydrate and take care of the most vulnerable so they don't suffer from heat stroke,' was the advice from Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez in Madrid.

The UK recorded its hottest day of the year today with temperatures reaching over 30C - expected to climb to 34C - in the early afternoon, forecasters also said.

'This is the earliest heatwave ever recorded in France' since 1947, said Matthieu Sorel, a climatologist at weather authority Meteo France.

With 'many monthly or even all-time temperature records likely to be beaten in several regions,' he called the unseasonable weather a 'marker of climate change'.

In France, special measures have been taken in care homes for elderly people, still marked by the memory of a deadly 2003 heatwave.

Buildings are being sprayed down with water to cool them and residents are being rotated through air-conditioned rooms.

'We're taking even more care than usual with the old folks. It's tough for them. They're often alone, worn down physically and unable to act independently,' said Sarah Jalabert, a nurse making home visits in the Tarn department.

'I'm 86 years old, I was born here, but I think this is the worst heatwave I've ever seen,' Jacqueline Bonnaud also told the AFP news agency in the southern city of Toulouse.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10927673/amp/France-BANS-outdoor-events-parts-country-record-breaking-40C-heatwave-sweeps-Europe.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by Holiness2100: 8:17pm On Jun 17, 2022

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by Righteousness2(m): 8:48pm On Jun 17, 2022
When I see the reactions of people to the Heat, I begin to imagine what people in Hell right now are going through.
No wonder, the rich man begged and pleaded with Father Abramham to ask Lazarus to dip his finger in water to cool his tongue.

Folks we are in the last seconds of the Last days. Also understand that the Breath in you is not in your Power.

Settle the Matter of your Eternity by coming into a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ.
Hell Fire is not a Place to be.
JESUS Christ is Coming Quickly.

90 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by Benki003(m): 9:53pm On Jun 17, 2022
Why cold de kill person for Africa shocked shocked.

Sha I don't dream about such weather conditions it's freaking scary

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by Searchingvictor: 9:17am On Jun 18, 2022
Nice 1

Lord, I need 40k today. Send me helper

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by OneKinGuy(m): 9:17am On Jun 18, 2022
h

1 Like

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by cRobo: 9:17am On Jun 18, 2022
tongue
Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by Two02: 9:17am On Jun 18, 2022
In Qatar the temperature can hit 50°C as to say this isn't a sign of the end time according to my righteous comrade up there undecided. Global warming is real folks plant more trees, the government should reduce the emission of green house gases that deplete the ozone layer. Lets try to go green by making use of green energy like solar, wind and hydroelectric energies.

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by seyicodes(m): 9:17am On Jun 18, 2022
May Allah heal their Land and our Land.

17 Likes

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by Innobee99(m): 9:17am On Jun 18, 2022
Despite the challenges in Africa

God, we still thank u

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by Prechgold1180(m): 9:17am On Jun 18, 2022
This righteousness nigga
Nur be everything be end time try Dey read
And stop to Dey make people fear
Gospel of God suppose be love but ur own different
Abeg go get your PVC
Be like nah country wey hard make ur brain change and seems u don try various means to jakpa e nur work u con Dey think say nah heaven go be the only easy place to jakpa go without visa

Pls come out
Get your pvc

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by jericco1(m): 9:17am On Jun 18, 2022
Nigeria don export Sokoto go France angry

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by xynerise: 9:18am On Jun 18, 2022
Seems the Earth is rotating anticlockwise grin

7 Likes

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:18am On Jun 18, 2022
Spain, France, Italy... in all these places the recipe is the same to withstand the heat.

Added to the heat is the severe drought in northern Italy, where it has hardly rained in the last three and a half months.
The Po river, the largest in the country, is three metres lower on average and is turning into an expanse of sand.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by Mercury12(m): 9:18am On Jun 18, 2022
Nawa o.
This life sha.

And cold wan Finnish person here.
Abeg gimme small heat and take this cold

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by Elsueno: 9:18am On Jun 18, 2022
Lol, they call just 40c heatwave?

Them never visited borno & Sokoto, during hot weather these states reach almost 50, on average na 48-49. on none hot days na 30s-40s grin

Chai, oyibos are weak

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by xynerise: 9:18am On Jun 18, 2022
Searchingvictor:
Nice 1

Lord, I need 40k today. Send me helper

Hello, I am your helper. Go and hustle

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by temitope27(m): 9:18am On Jun 18, 2022
Wahala
Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by Moneywirer: 9:19am On Jun 18, 2022
V
Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 18, 2022
Heatwave is a serious problem in most developed countries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by Thryphosa(m): 9:19am On Jun 18, 2022
And now we have cold in Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by Sadheart(m): 9:19am On Jun 18, 2022
Climate change.... Get with it....
46°c to a black man is normal....

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by MansoryMX(m): 9:19am On Jun 18, 2022
Righteousness2:
When I see the reactions of people to the Heat, I begin to imagine what people in Hell right now are going through.
No wonder, the rich man begged and pleaded with Father Abramham to ask Lazarus to dip his finger in water to cool his tongue.

Folks we are in the last seconds of the Last days. Also understand that the Breath in you is not in your Power.

Settle the Matter of your Eternity by coming into a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ.
Hell Fire is not a Place to be.
JESUS Christ is Coming Quickly.

It’s too early for this your nonsense please. Get your PVC

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by isaaclech: 9:19am On Jun 18, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by Searchingvictor: 9:19am On Jun 18, 2022
xynerise:

Hello, I am your helper. Go and hustle

I'll pay you back

2 Likes

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by cococandy(f): 9:19am On Jun 18, 2022
BuT gloBal waRming is a liBeral hOarse

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by Billsclinton(m): 9:20am On Jun 18, 2022
Global warming is real.
Meanwhile, login to www.financebrochure.com and grow yiur money

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by xynerise: 9:20am On Jun 18, 2022
Searchingvictor:

I'll pay you back

You don see mugu Na.

4 Likes

Re: Europe Heatwave: France BANS Outdoor Events As Parts Of The Country Hit 40C by LeakingPen: 9:20am On Jun 18, 2022
Wow

I write Business Plans/Proposals for people at affordable price

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Colin Powell, 84, Dies From Covid / UK Prime Minister, Boris Johnson To Resign Today / US Voters Reelect Tony DeLuca, Dead Lawmaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.