Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site (22800 Views)

I Have Been Robbed By My Workers. Please Help! / Part Time On-site Job / Uchenna Obigwe Exposes How Many Months Workers Are Owed In Abia State (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by Haryordheji(m): 10:17am On Sep 06, 2021
Hello sir. I deal in fabrication and installation of aluminum windows and doors. My works are very neat and top notch. Kindly assist as u can reach me on 08137303859.
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by ITbomb(m): 10:17am On Sep 06, 2021
I'm planning to pay a friend 10k to supervise roofing job for me. Almost voluntary job but I just wan encourage am as time is money and him go use fuel go site.
He is currently free and had two of his properties roofed last year.
Nigeria is just fvrkin crazy with dishonest peeps, religion is just rubbish

1 Like

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by greatiyk4u(m): 10:22am On Sep 06, 2021
Senoiret:
I was awarded the project , I'm a graduate architect with few years of experience, so this is sort of like my first break into working independently

Ok, see this as part of learning and experience acquisition, there is no other better of getting experience if not by doing.

You can now carefully select your team from them putting into consideration their expertise in getting the job done and integrity.......put more effort in selecting those who are good at getting the job done and less effort on integrity as that can be easily change by strict measures......speaking from experience

I wish you well in your journey to career development and success
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by Senoiret(m): 10:23am On Sep 06, 2021
Thank you all for your candid advice, actually I'm a graduate architect and this is one of my big break with this contract from a friend who decided to reward me with my loyalty about few years ago when he was travelling to the UK..

I know I'm 22 and it can be annoying when people do this to you, I wouldn't like to develop a negaholic attitude to people who work for me at the same time I wouldn't encourage people stealing from me, this project is ongoing at Ibadan, and I'm half way complete with the project, I'm a crazy person and fierce ooo thought but my experiences over the years has made my behavioural realtionship with people on the low not to really show that side at all kus if I mad finish like this, I fit rake innocent people join.... There won't be time for any more smiling faces and restrictions are more enacted now, I've definitely learnt a lot or two from you all, thank you for your candid advice.
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by Senoiret(m): 10:24am On Sep 06, 2021
Thank you sir...
greatiyk4u:

Ok, see this as part of learning and experience acquisition, there is no other better of getting experience if not by doing.

You can now carefully select your team from them putting into consideration their expertise in getting the job done and integrity.......put more effort in selecting those who are good at getting the job done and less effort on integrity as that can be easily change by strict measures......speaking from experience

I wish you well in your journey to career development and success
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by clog(m): 10:26am On Sep 06, 2021
Senoiret:
Half of my workers are mid range over 48-55, and constitute the set of people who like to cheat me , I've been extremely nice to my workers in such a way you'll always love to work with me, I pay them promptly , sometimes cook for them and made sure they see enough gain when buying materials aside from their workmanship fee....

There's this carpenter that has been working for me over 2 weeks, he seemed cool at first and sweet coated whenever he dishes me daily report about his work and how well coordinated he works, I decided to give him a trial in the first place but the first work he did was so unsatisfactory he got me angry , someone over 40 years older than me, I gave him money to get nails for me which he never bought for the work , when I requested for the pack of nails he bought he gave me unreasonable excuses... And he was someone who was literally begging to get the job misbehaving to me....

as if that's not enough, I caught my bricklayer with a vehicle to the site loading over 4 bags of cement into the little van they brought, I wish I could record the shock all over his face and the way he was stammering .. And decent guy who I thought was reasonable enough to handle things for me, I sacked the motherfucker, the new one I employed is even worse, he thinks I'm a small buy kus I'm 22 and maybe he's feeling Intimidated by the portfolio of work I'm handling....

so many instances I can't even mention, after showing them love and care, allowing them to eat even when you are paying them well, they'll go at any length to rip you off...

please always open your eyes ooo, most of these worker's but not all are fond of acting crazy and take people they work for granted on site, they feel they are always smarter than. everyone else in the room and know how to cheat their way around you.... we have to do better and more as human, greed is unnecessary a d won't define breakthrough .moment for anybody...

I will like to have your contact. Pls get to me on oeighto six 2 tripple7 two nine six

smiley
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by Senoiret(m): 10:28am On Sep 06, 2021
If you are in Ibadan and you would like to help in referring a tiler, a false ceiling or pop artisan, and crazy bricklayer who are crafted with excellent skills , you can send me an email.....
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by naijacreativeha(f): 10:28am On Sep 06, 2021
quote author=Senoiret post=105498305]Half of my workers are mid range over 48-55, and constitute the set of people who like to cheat me , I've been extremely nice to my workers in such a way you'll always love to work with me, I pay them promptly , sometimes cook for them and made sure they see enough gain when buying materials aside from their workmanship fee....

There's this carpenter that has been working for me over 2 weeks, he seemed cool at first and sweet coated whenever he dishes me daily report about his work and how well coordinated he works, I decided to give him a trial in the first place but the first work he did was so unsatisfactory he got me angry , someone over 40 years older than me, I gave him money to get nails for me which he never bought for the work , when I requested for the pack of nails he bought he gave me unreasonable excuses... And he was someone who was literally begging to get the job misbehaving to me....

as if that's not enough, I caught my bricklayer with a vehicle to the site loading over 4 bags of cement into the little van they brought, I wish I could record the shock all over his face and the way he was stammering .. And decent guy who I thought was reasonable enough to handle things for me, I sacked the motherfucker, the new one I employed is even worse, he thinks I'm a small buy kus I'm 22 and maybe he's feeling Intimidated by the portfolio of work I'm handling....

so many instances I can't even mention, after showing them love and care, allowing them to eat even when you are paying them well, they'll go at any length to rip you off...

please always open your eyes ooo, most of these worker's but not all are fond of acting crazy and take people they work for granted on site, they feel they are always smarter than. everyone else in the room and know how to cheat their way around you.... we have to do better and more as human, greed is unnecessary a d won't define breakthrough .moment for anybody...

smiley[/quote]
Get a quantity surveyor on site , you can call me for consultancy, I will give you a breakdown of all the material needed for your site work and amount to pay workers at each stage, get a security guard on site to take record. You won't have problems again. Whatsapp me on 09036346989. For a breakdown of materials and labor needed on site
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by 9niceguy(m): 10:29am On Sep 06, 2021
Senoiret:
Half of my workers are mid range over 48-55, and constitute the set of people who like to cheat me , I've been extremely nice to my workers in such a way you'll always love to work with me, I pay them promptly , sometimes cook for them and made sure they see enough gain when buying materials aside from their workmanship fee....

smiley

It's really pathetic....

Anyways! I am into Electrical Engineering. I will be glad if given a trial.
I can as well supervise your project for you in case you are not available.

08104224686 is my contact
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by highoctane: 10:30am On Sep 06, 2021
Senoiret:

smiley
You are a typical Nigerian
Na Godoooo
Lefam for God
Why not call the police in, when you have caught thieves.
Lefam for God nowuuuu!
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by Frales6(f): 10:30am On Sep 06, 2021
that's why you need a project manager,he will be the one to answer for everything,he has people he works with and monitor them
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by jditimiya(m): 10:31am On Sep 06, 2021
Boss my advice is small for you, remove business and pleasure no matter what. Yes they will see you so young and doing well for yourself but stand on your feet and even if is to arrest one of them as an example do it so that the fear will be in them that you are no no-nonsense person. But still act human and respect those who seek for respect.
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by Kayyus09(m): 10:32am On Sep 06, 2021
Senoiret:

smiley

Employ a supervisor/general manager/store keeper, through formal means. A disciplined manager will take care of that mess.
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by ssegs5(m): 10:46am On Sep 06, 2021
Brother am a civil engineer and I will appreciate if we can work together, I also stay in Ibadan. 07055533902
Thanks
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by YeyeGbami: 10:46am On Sep 06, 2021
Stop been unnecessarily nice. People (Nigerians) would see you as mumu.
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 06, 2021
I have the solution for you!
Let me install a CCTV system for you, you'll be able to monitor your sites from anywhere in the world.
These cameras can easily be dismounted and installed elsewhere if need be

Do let me know how to reach you.

Senoiret:

smiley
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by chukzyfcbb: 10:57am On Sep 06, 2021
It's because of issues like this that makes some people decide to buy a house instead coz integrity is hard to find these days.
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by emecheboy2(m): 10:58am On Sep 06, 2021
E be like say you get plenty free money to dash out.
Senoiret:

smiley
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by davies(m): 10:59am On Sep 06, 2021
Senoiret:

Corruption has eaten so deep into us as a nation that every individual wants to play smart not knowing that guy man no dey guy guy man cos we all gat the scope na integrity keep us where we dey at the moment no be by fast means

smiley
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by mmsen: 11:02am On Sep 06, 2021
I avoid hiring middle aged people because they often have very bad habits that they refuse to acknowledge as bad habits.

OP, stop cooking for these cretins.
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by Bunsenbun(m): 11:03am On Sep 06, 2021
Senoiret:

smiley
The day an elderly carpenter told me wood tape was 2,000 per metre and I agreed to pay the price,only to later to go out that day in search of finished furniture and found out it was 80 naira per metre,that was the day I locked up. grin
Thank Goodness I had not paid him already
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by femijay8271(m): 11:07am On Sep 06, 2021
ITbomb:
I'm planning to pay a friend 10k to supervise roofing job for me. Almost voluntary job but I just wan encourage am as time is money and him go use fuel go site.
He is currently free and had two of his properties roofed last year.
Nigeria is just fvrkin crazy with dishonest peeps, religion is just rubbish

If you are in Lagos or Ogun State, I can be of help but you go pay me o...if u dey find person wey strict, my whole street can testify to that
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by FODA(m): 11:08am On Sep 06, 2021
Senoiret:

Even if u sleep on the floor for pple to climb,they will still say u did lie down very well,I can't please pple sir,if u have project next time ,I bring electric machine to ur site and make solid blocks for u.

smiley
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by femijay8271(m): 11:10am On Sep 06, 2021
Senoiret:
Thank you all for your candid advice, actually I'm a graduate architect and this is one of my big break with this contract from a friend who decided to reward me with my loyalty about few years ago when he was travelling to the UK..

I know I'm 22 and it can be annoying when people do this to you, I wouldn't like to develop a negaholic attitude to people who work for me at the same time I wouldn't encourage people stealing from me, this project is ongoing at Ibadan, and I'm half way complete with the project, I'm a crazy person and fierce ooo thought but my experiences over the years has made my behavioural realtionship with people on the low not to really show that side at all kus if I mad finish like this, I fit rake innocent people join.... There won't be time for any more smiling faces and restrictions are more enacted now, I've definitely learnt a lot or two from you all, thank you for your candid advice.

Hello bro...employ me as your hmmmmmm....shey na guard or spy, any thing, just to monitor your staffs and the building materials. Idiagbon 2.0
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by saintade01(m): 11:12am On Sep 06, 2021
onoms4luv:
Hunger dey make people dey do rubbish.
Oga stop hiding under "Hunger" to do evil.

It's just pure DISHONESTY AND GREED
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by adexpa(m): 11:14am On Sep 06, 2021
I have had opportunities to work in few engineering department including a site supervisor/engineer and I was able to realize that it's tougher to run business in Nigeria. Aside government policies that made life difficult for business to triumph, labour is a big threat to Nigeria businesses. Every staffs wants to make extra income aside their normal pay and they put up every available strategies to actualize it.
Treating them well by giving them food and talk to them like family is not bad and that is not the problem, but Nigerians are terrible people, one needs extra iron hands to handle Nigerians.
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by Aarenasbaba(m): 11:25am On Sep 06, 2021
A times, giving someone who is older than you a work to do equivalent to doing it urself....
Try engage someone whose age difference of urs and his is not too much.....

Give then frown and mean face a times.... I encounter many of them

Check my signature for ur Aluminum Roofing
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by ahnie: 11:27am On Sep 06, 2021
Exactly what my former workers did to me.np matter how nice you treat them they must find a way to rip you off if care isn't taken probably bring the business to ground zero.

I sacked mine...both of them and shut where they were managing down.
Some people are just plain wicked.

2 Likes

Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by oluyinkavic(m): 11:33am On Sep 06, 2021
Dear Poster,

I understand how you feel, I am a Quantity Surveyor/Project Manager and I have couple of sites that I am managing. Even as at this morning I caught some of my workers stealing electricals cables out of site.

But I will ask you few questions;

Do you have a store you can keep materials?
Do you have a Quantity Surveyor that evaluates and quantify work done in relation to the material request or material used?
Do you have a store keeper or site officer taking account of activities and materials?
Do you have a site Engineer or Supervisor?
Do you hold them responsible if you found them wanting? (like making them pay for what they steal?).

I know theft on site might be difficult to stop but it can be drastically reduced.

Thanks.
Re: My Workers Are Ripping Me On Site by landproglobal: 11:35am On Sep 06, 2021
Senoiret:

smiley
Get professional like LandPro to handle your building projects for you. And you will be glad you did

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! / N15,000 Salary In Ibadan Or N10,000 Salary In Osun? / Peter Tabichi, Kenyan Teacher Wins $1M Global Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.