Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? (16447 Views)

Why Does God Allow Evil People To Prosper And Good People To Suffer / One Thing To Prosper In All Things - Joseph Prince / The True Way To Prosper And Live A Successful Life As A Christian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by HEAVEN4444: 1:51pm On Sep 05, 2021
wicked people live long in wicked countries but die quick in good countries. because in wicked countries evil angels are needed to teach people lessons. those wicked people especilly wicked leaders are evil angels. its not too many of them so they must live long to maximise their job description.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by Zhahovic(m): 1:53pm On Sep 05, 2021
It baffles me too but the answer lies in Romans 9:15
For God said to Moses, “I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose.” ...
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by makjo900: 2:15pm On Sep 05, 2021
Zhahovic:
It baffles me too but the answer lies in Romans 9:15
For God said to Moses, “I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose.” ...

Yet new borns, innocents etc die like cockroaches while wicked ones live long. But somehow that god is said to be just, only phools believe that nonsense
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by Sparklinglyte(m): 2:22pm On Sep 05, 2021
That's the reason they said god no be man
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by PearlFid(f): 2:26pm On Sep 05, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Ever since the fall of Man in the beginning, it became erroneous and somewhat ungodly to measure the success of a man by how long he lived or the worldly things and possessions he acquired on Earth.

The best yardstick of success is God's approval and respect.

For instance, wicked Cain lived longer than Abel, but Abel was more successful than Cain because he was accepted by God but Cain was rejected.

Enoch who walked with God was said to have lived a shorter life than those who live longer in his day, but he was more successful than them, because he was accepted by God but those who lived longer were rejected. It was even said that he was not because God took him.

Jesus lived a short life on Earth, yet He's the most successful man that ever lived.

As for riches or worldly possessions, the rich man was a monumental failure despite being rich, while the beggar Lazarus was a confirmed success despite being poor, because Lazarus was accepted by God while the rich man was rejected.

There's another rich man who God called "a fool", why, because he was rich but also a failure despite that he trusted in his riches, because he wasn't rich towards God.

Hence, Jesus warned us to beware of covetousness because the life of a man did not consist in the abundance of possessions he had. Luke 12:15

So the question itself is based on an erroneous assumption, because God sees things differently from the way the world or man sees them, so what you call prosperity and long life may be poverty and short life before God respectively.

God bless.
this is awesome. Happy Sunday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by frowland(m): 2:34pm On Sep 05, 2021
[s]
jesusjnr2020:
Ever since the fall of Man in the beginning, it became erroneous and somewhat ungodly to measure the success of a man by how long he lived or the worldly things and possessions he acquired on Earth.

For instance, wicked Cain lived longer than Abel, but Abel was more successful than Cain because he was accepted by God but Cain was rejected.

Enoch who walked with God was said to have lived a shorter life than those who live longer in his day, but he was more successful than them, because he was accepted by God but those who lived longer were rejected. It was even said that he was not because God took him.

Jesus lived a short life on Earth, yet He's the most successful man that ever lived.

As for riches or worldly possessions, the rich man was a monumental failure despite being rich, while the beggar Lazarus was a confirmed success despite being poor, because Lazarus was accepted by God while the rich man was rejected.

There's another rich man who God called "a fool", why, because he was rich but also a failure despite that he trusted in his riches, because he wasn't rich towards God.

Hence, Jesus warned us to beware of covetousness because the life of a man did not consist in the abundance of possessions he had. Luke 12:15

So the question itself is based on an erroneous assumption, because God sees things differently from the way the world or man sees them, so what you call prosperity and long life may be poverty and short life before God respectively.

God bless.
[/s]
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by fykes(m): 2:44pm On Sep 05, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
there is no god. randomness of life's happening is the reason many wicked people live longer. it's simply lottery that doesn't take into consideration your behaviours

A fool says in his heart...
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by jibrilELsudan: 2:45pm On Sep 05, 2021
SAME REASON HE ALLOWS PASTORS TO STAY ANNOITED DESPITE THEM FVCKING ALL THE FEMALE MEMBERS INCLUDING MARRIED WOMEN AND UNDER AGED GIRLS IN HIS CHURCH.
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by xproducer: 2:49pm On Sep 05, 2021
Omooba77:
Why do God Allow Wicked Men to Prosper and live Long?
Example King Saul, Pharaoh, Mannaseh, the son of Hezekiah.

------------

But for the grace of GOD, there go we! Therefore, we "judge not" (Matthew 7:1), though we objectively consider.

The heart of all mankind is wicked since the fall in Eden and only GOD, by His grace - clothing a person in His righteousness makes one righteous - in and only through Himself in the Person of the Lord JESUS, The CHRIST... having done all the work to justify and thus save from damnation and destruction. “The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?" - Jeremiah 17:9

Yet know that the unsaved / "wicked" will continuously exhibit wickedness - "Therefore by their fruits you will know them." - Matthew 7:20

"Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!" - Matthew 18:7

Those who belong to GOD sin less and grow in grace (John 1:16, 2 Timothy 2:1)

Ultimately, GOD is the Judge and Justifier of men!

The Tragedy of the Wicked, and the Blessedness of Trust in God - Psalm 73:1-20
A Psalm of Asaph.
73 Truly God is good to Israel,
To such as are pure in heart.
2 But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled;
My steps had nearly slipped.
3 For I was envious of the boastful,
When I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

4 For there are no pangs in their death,
But their strength is firm.
5 They are not in trouble as other men,
Nor are they plagued like other men.
6 Therefore pride serves as their necklace;
Violence covers them like a garment.

7 Their eyes bulge with abundance;
They have more than heart could wish.
8 They scoff and speak wickedly concerning oppression;
They speak loftily.
9 They set their mouth against the heavens,
And their tongue walks through the earth.

10 Therefore his people return here,
And waters of a full cup are drained by them.
11 And they say, “How does God know?
And is there knowledge in the Most High?”
12 Behold, these are the ungodly,
Who are always at ease;
They increase in riches.

13 Surely I have cleansed my heart in vain,
And washed my hands in innocence.
14 For all day long I have been plagued,
And chastened every morning.

15 If I had said, “I will speak thus,”
Behold, I would have been untrue to the generation of Your children.
16 When I thought how to understand this,
It was too painful for me—
17 Until I went into the sanctuary of God;
Then I understood their end.

18 Surely You set them in slippery places;
You cast them down to destruction.
19 Oh, how they are brought to desolation, as in a moment!
They are utterly consumed with terrors.
20 As a dream when one awakes,
So, Lord, when You awake,
You shall despise their image.
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by akdjr(m): 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2021
Perhaps what they told you about God is �% lies�
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by hopefulLandlord: 3:05pm On Sep 05, 2021
fykes:

A fool says in his heart...
there's no god. I however didn't say it in my heart. I said it out loud

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2021
Tanjiro:
Karma is so real man. Pay close attention to the things you do, good or bad, and you'll see they all come back to you in similar circumstances.

I need your help
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 05, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

I need your help

It's urgent
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by ojtech8291: 3:19pm On Sep 05, 2021
joyfullyjoyous:
Perhaps he wants to give them enough time to turn from their evil ways.
Grace of God is sufficient for everyone, God shows his mercy to all because his way is not the way of men.
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by belovez(m): 3:25pm On Sep 05, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.

Thanks for this Clear response

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by Nicoddemus(m): 3:27pm On Sep 05, 2021
KingDash:
God don't exist

I use God to do my business. I can decide to sell or not to sell by using God. Just one testimony.....

God exists my brother
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by Olumaeme: 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2021
Because God does not exist.

Also, 99.999% of prayers by 'GOOD PEOPLE' are not answered.
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by Image123(m): 4:30pm On Sep 05, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

Makes you the biggest fool. The fool says in the heart, the bigger fool types it, the biggest fools say it loudest. Gerrit.
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by hopefulLandlord: 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2021
Image123:

Makes you the biggest fool. The fool says in the heart, the bigger fool types it, the biggest fools say it loudest. Gerrit.

Nah, a fool only says it in his heart. A wise man says it out loud

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by Image123(m): 4:53pm On Sep 05, 2021
hopefulLandlord:

Nah, a fool only says it in his heart. A wise man says it out loud

There's hope, at least you do agree that it takes a fool to say it at all.
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by Taroshi(m): 5:28pm On Sep 05, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
there is no god. randomness of life's happening is the reason many wicked people live longer. it's simply lottery that doesn't take into consideration your behaviours

This is a hard truth that others won't want to swallow. Kudos! Well said.
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by Bifwoli: 5:39pm On Sep 05, 2021
DropsMic:

I guess the 1200 years of Trans-saharan and the 400 years of Trans-Atlantic slavery was our fault then... Thanks for enlightening me
Of course it your faults...you didn't make guns,didn't make warships ,gun powder and you were very very divided as tribes making you easy targets.
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by DropsMic(m): 5:40pm On Sep 05, 2021
Bifwoli:
Of course it your faults...you didn't make guns,didn't make warships ,gun powder and you were very very divided as tribes making you easy targets.

I believe we humans are capable of great change.. One day you will start reasoning.
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by solofresh(m): 5:47pm On Sep 05, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.
You are getting things mixed up
Living longer and becoming more successful are two different things
There are people that are very wicked and more successful and there are still living life, and there are very kind people that are now dead and not rich or successful.what can you say about that
My brother forget sentiment.When your time don reach,e don reach be that,And no force or miracle can stop it
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by solofresh(m): 5:51pm On Sep 05, 2021
KingDash:
God don't exist
If you are saying God don't exist,then what brought the existence of human in the first place

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by ajl: 6:15pm On Sep 05, 2021
If you are all close to or understand your traditional knowledge, this life wouldn't be a riddle. According to the Yoruba cosmology and Ifa, every human has Ori or Eleda (human essence). Before each person embarked on the "journey" into existence, there are things he/she has agreed with his/her Ori to achieve in life but we all forget all these things once we are born. We often call this destiny or fate. So, a wicked or evil person who has been destined to be rich or to prosper will be because that has been written into his/her life. But also this individual will still have to face karma in this life or another cycle of life. So, let us not wonder when the wicked prosper and neither should one envy them.
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by Ikeh01(m): 6:51pm On Sep 05, 2021
The good one equally prosper and live long.The bad one equally die poorly.
The world is filled up with ups and down.
We all must taste DEATH just one day.
But the question is how do U relate with God?
How do U relate with people?
Your spirituality matters a lot,it remains the gateway to your eternity which is far better than your earthly and material achievement.
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by Akuruoulo(m): 7:33pm On Sep 05, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Since you like people to mind their business..

What gives you the right to tell him to change his username ?

#APROKO
DID I ASK YOU ANY QUESTION?
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by oshorstan(f): 3:28am On Sep 06, 2021
Exactly the same way God is keeping you despite all of your sins like fornication, lying, stealing
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by charlesucheh(m): 5:41am On Sep 06, 2021
Omooba77:
Why do God Allow Wicked Men to Prosper and live Long?
Example King Saul, Pharaoh, Mannaseh, the son of Hezekiah.
I don ask this question tire o!
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by Kvngkester(m): 5:43am On Sep 06, 2021
They are not wicked as you think its just that you re the one judging them... very simple
Re: Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? by Zhahovic(m): 5:48pm On Sep 06, 2021
makjo900:

Yet new borns, innocents etc die like cockroaches while wicked ones live long. But somehow that god is said to be just, only phools believe that nonsense
Let me be my own Phool, while you maintain your own " phoolery "

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman With Issue Of Blood 'Healed' At Dominion City After 11 Years / Buhari Is Victimizing Those That Don't Belong To His Religious Group - CAN Youth / When The Earth Is Round Do We Live Inside Or Outside It ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.