Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven (1822 Views)

How A Christian Can Be Free From Condemnation After Committing Sexual Sins / Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / Elections Will Be Free And Fair – Pastor Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by alaper: 12:58pm On May 23, 2011
The classical explanation of the phenomenon of 'sin' is that God gave us 'free will' to choose between good and evil, but man has chosen to exercise that freewill wrongly. I am just curious whether people who end up in heaven will still be able to exercise freewill, or will they all be robots forever? If people in heaven are going to be robots forever, it doesnt look like an interesting place to me. cheesy cheesy cheesy If there is freewill, that means it will still be possible to make wrong decisions in heaven shocked shocked shocked Can you then 'sin' in heaven? The more you look at this heaven idea, the more ridiculous it looks!! cool cool cool
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by fxmajor6: 5:11pm On May 23, 2011
Remember the words of Jesus: "thy will be done as it is in heaven" in heaven there is still free will because fallen angels where all living in heaven but by an act of free will they decided to become rebels. Since heaven is a place where God's will is done then sin cannot reside in heaven because God cannot behold sin. That is why sinners will not go to heaven, just like the fallen angels who cannot live in heaven, every man has sinned and fallen through Adam's mistake in eden. Satan the fallen angel that influenced Adam's fall will not be in heaven to tempt anyone. To correct the fall of man Christ died on the cross so that every man who by free will believes in Christ should be saved. Once you are saved you can now live in heaven because the fall is corrected. God has taken a further step to give everyman who is qualified to live in heaven His own kind of life, this a life that cannot sin it is called Zoe. Adam didnt have Zoe and up till now no angel has Zoe, i can boldly tell you that every human who is qualified to live in heaven will not be able to sin because Zoe the sinless life of almighty God will be given to them. Believers in Christ are partakers of the divine nature by the Holyspirit who lives in them.
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by mazaje(m): 5:34pm On May 23, 2011
Martian:

Zoe? Christianity is evolving right before our eyes!!!!!

LWKMD. . . . . . . . .
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by Sweetnecta: 8:07pm On May 23, 2011
Zoe. Subhannallah. This is funny, in a hahshaha Zoe way.
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by Image123(m): 11:11pm On May 23, 2011
There'll be no devil in Heaven or temptation to sin. Plus Heaven's future is already written down by the omniscient God.
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by thehomer: 11:20pm On May 23, 2011
Image123:

There'll be no devil in Heaven or temptation to sin. Plus Heaven's future is already written down by the omniscient God.

Which shows that as usual, God has failed to do his work perfectly. In the original heaven, the devil himself was there and had to be thrown out with lots of angels. God has decided to set himself up for another failure by placing deathrow inmates in his heaven.
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by Image123(m): 7:53pm On Oct 16, 2011
Wow, just saw this thread again. The will of God is done in Heaven, not any other will. The will of God is what we need, the will of God is good for us. There's no temptation to sin in Heaven.
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by thehomer: 8:03pm On Oct 16, 2011
Image123:

Wow, just saw this thread again. The will of God is done in Heaven, not any other will. The will of God is what we need, the will of God is good for us. There's no temptation to sin in Heaven.

But the devil sinned in Heaven. How was he able to do this without temptation?
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by mazaje(m): 8:11pm On Oct 16, 2011
thehomer:

The mythology just doesnt make any sense. . . . .
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by Enigma(m): 8:13pm On Oct 16, 2011
thehomer:

Trolls try to disrupt, destroy, or change discussion groups to fit their own agendas. . . .Trolls are pinheads.
These trolls like to visit and try to disrupt our happy forum. Their lowly reason for existence is to post provocative, hostile or annoying messages. They claim they are here to discuss, but in fact are just here to cause trouble. Trolls have an exaggerated sense of their own importance. Trolls will frequently use a persecution defence when they are asked to cease their anti-social behaviour. When someone asks them nicely to stop posting their negative comments, they claim innocent intent and will scream censorship. They will claim they are being singled out because of their unpopular viewpoints.

Trolls will only stay when they are fed or given attention. So please do not pet, respond to, or feed trolls. Doing so only results in their prolonged stay.

grin
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by thehomer: 8:21pm On Oct 16, 2011
mazaje:

Yes which is why I really wonder just how fabulous this Heaven will actually be.
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by Enigma(m): 8:25pm On Oct 16, 2011
^^^

Trolls are pinheads.
These trolls like to visit and try to disrupt our happy forum. Their lowly reason for existence is to post provocative, hostile or annoying messages. They claim they are here to discuss, but in fact are just here to cause trouble.
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by Image123(m): 9:04pm On Oct 16, 2011
thehomer:

mazaje:

Sorry, i don't recall any of these in scriptures, are you trying to make trouble here like enigma posited?
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by Daiquiri: 9:40pm On Oct 16, 2011
OP is looking for assurance that there will be no sinning

- The shred of evidence that there will not be sin or sinning in the new Heaven and Earth
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by thehomer: 11:17pm On Oct 16, 2011
Image123:

Sorry, i don't recall any of these in scriptures, are you trying to make trouble here like enigma posited?

My advice to you would be that you look into your scriptures. Check out Revelations 12 and the stories of the Nephilim who were children of fallen angels. I think you should ignore enigma because he will not contribute anything useful to this conversation.
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by Enigma(m): 11:35pm On Oct 16, 2011
^^^

Trolls try to disrupt, destroy or change discussion groups to fit their own agendas. Trolls are pinheads!
  wink

cool
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by Image123(m): 1:09am On Oct 17, 2011
thehomer:

My advice to you would be that you look into your scriptures. Check out Revelations 12 and the stories of the Nephilim who were children of fallen angels. I think you should ignore enigma because he will not contribute anything useful to this conversation.
I checked Revelation 12. There's nothing there about the devil sinning in Heaven. Seems you were just looking for trouble like enigma said. Can you post that specific verse?
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by mazaje(m): 6:20am On Oct 17, 2011
Image123:

I checked Revelation 12. There's nothing there about the devil sinning in Heaven. Seems you were just looking for trouble like enigma said. Can you post that specific verse?

The devil disobeyed Yahweh in heaven and was sent packing according to the story, no?. . . .Is disobedience to God not considered a sin according to the christain hypothesis?
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by Image123(m): 8:19am On Oct 17, 2011
mazaje:

The devil disobeyed Yahweh in heaven and was sent packing according to the story, no?. . . .Is disobedience to God not considered a sin according to the christain hypothesis?
Do not waste time any further. Provide the specific scriptures that state this.
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by thehomer: 8:54am On Oct 18, 2011
Image123:

Really? Read Revelation 12:7,8 and 9. In fact, I'll simply post them below.

NIV Revelation 12:7 - 9:

7 Then war broke out in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back.
8 But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven.
9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray.
He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

As you can see, the devil was cast out of heaven do you think he did something wrong and was cast out? Also, who were the nephilim?

I know you're looking for any excuse to run from this difficult discussion but I think you would need to find a good one.
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 18, 2011
freewill theories are all religions mind control tools. Take note
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by logica(m): 10:05am On Oct 18, 2011
Well . . .? So, after I get to Heaven am I going to be forever singing "Halleluyah" or do I have a choice to sleep all day? Will that constitute rebellion? What will the punishment be then? Will there be punishment? Or I simply cannot do otherwise and forced to sing "Halleluyah" all day? In any case, the contradiction between "Free Will" and the "Omni-potent God" is already problematic enough. "Free Will" or lack of it in Heaven only further complicates the matter.
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by Image123(m): 1:37pm On Oct 18, 2011
thehomer:

Really? Read Revelation 12:7,8 and 9. In fact, I'll simply post them below.

As you can see, the devil was cast out of heaven do you think he did something wrong and was cast out? Also, who were the nephilim?

I know you're looking for any excuse to run from this difficult discussion but I think you would need to find a good one.
Good boy, you posted a specific scripture. Unfortunately, i have to help you by saying that passage or any other does not say that the devil sinned IN Heaven. (as an aside, that scripture's future not past like you assume, but you can't understand so let's deal with what you've got). You're talking about the possibilities of man sinning when he gets to Heaven since, according to you, the devil sinned in Heaven.
I should be asking you about nephilims, you're the one coming up with them, abi you be one,lol?
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by thehomer: 4:24pm On Oct 18, 2011
Image123:

Good boy, you posted a specific scripture. Unfortunately, i have to help you by saying that passage or any other does not say that the devil sinned IN Heaven. (as an aside, that scripture's future not past like you assume, but you can't understand so let's deal with what you've got). You're talking about the possibilities of man sinning when he gets to Heaven since, according to you, the devil sinned in Heaven.

Are you serious? Ha ha  grin

This is why you should read the entire chapter. That part shows why Jesus was supposed to come to the earth. Am I also supposed to explain your own Bible to you? Please consult Sunday school teachers for what that passage means.
If that is the future, then the devil isn't on earth right now so where is he? In heaven? Or wait where do you think the devil was before he was sent to the earth with the other demons? Wow.
I really hope other Christians reading this take the time to comment on your fresh and brand new interpretation of the Bible.

Image123:

I should be asking you about nephilims, you're the one coming up with them, abi you be one,lol?

Maybe you should read up on them in your Bible and find out where they came from and what they were doing before Noah's flood. If you're this ignorant of your Bible, then maybe you're not the best person to try such poor defenses of it.

The devil didn't sin in Heaven. That's a new interpretation from another Christian.
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by mazaje(m): 7:31pm On Oct 18, 2011
Image123:

Do not waste time any further. Provide the specific scriptures that state this.

Thehomer has already provided the verse. . .

Image123:

So in the future satan and his demons will lose their place in heaven, eh? Because according to the bible it says they lost their place in heaven, if that is a future event as you claim where then is satan according to christian theology?. . .Why was he sent out of heaven according to the biblical story?. . .Or is satan still in heaven waiting for you future event to happen?. . . .
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by mazaje(m): 7:33pm On Oct 18, 2011
thehomer:

The devil didn't sin in Heaven. That's a new interpretation from another Christian.

Keep making things up along the way is the name of the game, no wonder they can never agree on anything themselves despite all claiming to be inspired by some elusive holy spirit. . . .
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by Image123(m): 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2011
^You both disappoint me. You're no different from the majority of christians that you usually accuse and disdain of living on what other men(their churches and pastors) have fed them from their youth. If you like, don't only read the entire chapter(Revelation 12), read the entire book. Nothing there says that satan sinned IN Heaven. Your assumptions are doing you bad.
BTW, i see you're having a nice time with the asides that was included(on 'future'). i'm not going to talk more on that. The point is that no scriptures say that satan or anyone ever SINNED IN Heaven. Do you even know satan's sin?
Thehomer, what are nephilims o, our bible teacher?
Re: Will There Be 'free Will' In Heaven by mazaje(m): 8:11pm On Oct 18, 2011
Image123:

^You both disappoint me. You're no different from the majority of christians that you usually accuse and disdain of living on what other men(their churches and pastors) have fed them from their youth. If you like, don't only read the entire chapter(Revelation 12), read the entire book. Nothing there says that satan sinned IN Heaven. Your assumptions are doing you bad.
BTW, i see you're having a nice time with the asides that was included(on 'future'). i'm not going to talk more on that. The point is that no scriptures say that satan or anyone ever SINNED IN Heaven. Do you even know satan's sin?
Thehomer, what are nephilims o, our bible teacher?

Why was satan sent packing from heaven according to the story?. . . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can A Junior Pastor Get The Same Grace As His Senior Pastor? / The Theists Guide To Converting Atheists / Born Again Christians Knacking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.