Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) (24870 Views)

PHOTOS: Help, This Person Is Missing For Over A Month Now / Two Hookers Fight Over A Yahoo Boy In Benin Hotel / 'Oh Dollar Was A Yahoo Boy': Police Arrest Killers Of Juliana Imaga, OOU Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by shegzhkn: 8:28pm On Sep 06, 2021
Lol.
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by gbolswag(m): 8:28pm On Sep 06, 2021
The fact is this generation doesn't want to suffer at all and Nigerian government is not helping the youths....well yes not all of them are into yahoo...but we also have ritualist among them and other people who are into fraudulent acts
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by omoba2012(m): 8:30pm On Sep 06, 2021
TNORWAY:
You guyz should be careful.......the latest update now is via sportybet and celebrity ******......

Make I no talk again.

Bro hit me up 08188612130..
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by millionboi(m): 8:30pm On Sep 06, 2021
Juanmike:
People like me, if you see the way they look at me every time am leaving my abode with my new wagon, full of hate and envy.
what do you do 4aliving

1 Like

Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Deepthoughts: 8:31pm On Sep 06, 2021
LegalRambles:
Once they see a young guy driving a car, dressed in fashion, at home most of the time, using an iPhone, wearing chain, rich and comfortable, they automatically assume he's a Yahoo guy.

Funny enough most old or middle-aged men do this yahoo too. But the Nigerian mentality is that a young person must be wretched because it is not normal even when they are making legit money. And the old means of wealth is justified by their age. What an absolute shit hole!

Do you also profile every young and getting it like that?
please can you for clarity sake explain one instance how a boy of less than 22years can legitimately make it big apart from sports and entertainment?

6 Likes

Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Eriokanmi: 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2021
True. But by their lifestyle and look, you can identify a yahoo boy. I know of a guy who works part time for a geomatic company in the USA online. He had gone twice for their in-person meetings...one in South Africa and the other in LA...he's just 26 years old and single. He owns a house already in Lagos. He also drives a good car but not the lavish type. He keeps normal hair style. You can't call such a young man a Yahoo boy.

10 Likes

Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by smeag0l(m): 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2021
OP, I drive a car, live in a duplex, I work from home for an international company with office in Nigeria, I dress well and I have a couple of friends in same category.Does that mean we're Yahoo boys?

1 Like

Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Winters23: 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2021
LegalRambles:
Once they see a young guy driving a car, dressed in fashion, at home most of the time, using an iPhone, wearing chain, rich and comfortable, they automatically assume he's a Yahoo guy.

Funny enough most old or middle-aged men do this yahoo too. But the Nigerian mentality is that a young person must be wretched because it is not normal even when they are making legit money. And the old means of wealth is justified by their age. What an absolute shit hole!

Who said every young rich guy is a yahoo boy?

But every rich man is a capitalist bitch no doubt!
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by deltateam: 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2021
LegalRambles:

By their bling bling and hairstyle you shall know them. If you go to lounges and see where 17 and 19 years old dey pour champagne like water. What do you think they do? Which legit hustle would make them at that age when they should be in year 1/2 waste money like it grows on trees?

Don't tell me 'forest' before ogun will kee you.

9 Likes

Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by RPG2020(m): 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2021
Where did the money comes down from

A.. Yahoo
B..Bank loan
C.. Google plus
D...Rich patients

Vote start now
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by KingDash: 8:34pm On Sep 06, 2021
TNORWAY:
You guyz should be careful.......the latest update now is via sportybet and celebrity ******......

Make I no talk again.
guy you get mouth oh.
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by abbey621(m): 8:35pm On Sep 06, 2021
LegalRambles:

The difference here is accountability. In advanced countries, your tax record, occupation, how you made your money is there for the public and investigators to see, nobody will harrass you or question your wealth since you are open but in 9ja, you'll see an 18-20 year old living in a house with 2 cars, no degree, no job, no history of taxation but we are to believe money flew down from the sky and accidentally jammed him or her?

Which company do you work for?
What business are you into?
What have you invented?
What do you sell or what services do you offer?

If you are uncomfortable with these questions then your source of wealth is questionable!

14 Likes

Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Habib101: 8:36pm On Sep 06, 2021
That's because they have spoilt things for us, their are so many of Yahoo boys in naija, to the fact that it changed Nigerians mentality, that when u see a young rich person u will assume is a yahoo even without investigating.

1 Like

Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Akinsete19(m): 8:37pm On Sep 06, 2021
Kajaard:

Lack of explosive? tongue

Are you trying to use a bomb somewhere cheesy
grin auto-correct
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Habib101: 8:39pm On Sep 06, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Whether na yahoo boy (young or old) ....or son of a politician.

[img]https://media1./images/f6aa5871607b1c8f9f05b99b53dab74c/tenor.gif?itemid=18210872[/img]

Thief na thief.....Nigeria is a morally bankrupt society!
I like when you mention son of politician
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by trevorhorace(m): 8:39pm On Sep 06, 2021
You're doomed if you think every young hustler doing well is into fraud. Forget media hype and some music lyrics. There are thousands of legit hustlers out there into

Real estate
Crypto
Forex
Programming
Design
Car dealership
Internet marketing
Oil and gas
Textiles
Gadget sales
Electronics
Auto parts
Technology and technology startups
Etc

2 Likes

Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Kajaard: 8:40pm On Sep 06, 2021
Akinsete19:
grin auto-correct

No wahala my guy cool
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Imustnottalk: 8:40pm On Sep 06, 2021
People who do illegal biz are the ones who lavish money you can't be earning 1million a month and waste 500k for drinks

3 Likes

Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by KingDash: 8:41pm On Sep 06, 2021
BigDawsNet:

You right...when I was still in naija with my bro...
Driving around the city or on interstate trips..you see people giving you the yahoo boy look...even cops at check port will be thinking they have stopped a potential yahoo boy....

Even tho I'm a computer Scientist...yahoo is my last option

When they search and check papers...they look surprised we clean ..and if they even ask...where u did u get these SUv...ma bro go just say...you wanna speak with my dad?...den them go just say "dey go dey go" grin
but codedly una dey go yahoo.. even rich kids dey do yahoo.
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Habib101: 8:41pm On Sep 06, 2021
trevorhorace:
You're doomed if you think every young hustler doing well is into fraud. Forget media hype and some music lyrics. There are thousands of legit hustlers out there into

Real estate
Crypto
Forex
Programming
Design
Car dealership
Internet marketing
Oil and gas
Textiles
Gadget sales
Electronics
Auto parts

Etc

And we meeuuve cool I like your mindset
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by charixel: 8:42pm On Sep 06, 2021
LegalRambles:

Funny enough most old or middle-aged men do this yahoo too. But the Nigerian mentality is that a young person must be wretched because it is not normal even when they are making legit money. And the old means of wealth are justified by their age. What an absolute shit hole!

Not just shit hole but BIG shit hole
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 06, 2021
You go lodge for hotel for a week.Inside that week you don fuk 10 different ladies.No business partners dey find you come your hotel room.Na guys wey una go dey smoke egbo,drink Hennessy vsop of #30k.You come dey drive Lexus ES.Any legitimate business wey you dey do you come dey spend the money like that your business go bankrupt sharp sharp.

2 Likes

Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Habib101: 8:43pm On Sep 06, 2021
gbolswag:
The fact is this generation doesn't want to suffer at all and Nigerian government is not helping the youths....well yes not all of them are into yahoo...but we also have ritualist among them and other people who are into fraudulent acts
The thing is getting scary.
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by humilitypays(m): 8:44pm On Sep 06, 2021
LegalRambles:

It all depends on your dressing style, cycle of friends and way of life.

I say this because by the special grace of God, I am rich, young, drive luxury cars that is considered above people of my age in the Nigerian sense, but it always shock me cos Police hardly stop me, even when they are doing stop and search of almost all vehicles on the road, once they wave and I slow down and they look at me, they just tell me to go.

I dont know if its grace or luck or anything but what makes me believe it has to do with dressing style and attitude is because I also have some young rich friends and when I am in their car, Police dont also stop them and none have told such story.

But this doesn't mean Nigerian Police are saints or good to youths, I am only trying to let you know that the assumption that any young and rich Nigerian is a Yahoo boy isn't applicable to all most times. Way of life, friends and attitude also lead people into making such generalizations

4 Likes

Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Imustnottalk: 8:44pm On Sep 06, 2021
trevorhorace:

Real estate
Crypto
Forex
Programming
Design
Car dealership
Internet marketing
Oil and gas
Textiles
Gadget sales
Electronics
Auto parts
Etc

alot of theses people are Yahoo boys trust me especially those doing crypto they use most of these busineses to cover up

3 Likes

Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Habib101: 8:45pm On Sep 06, 2021
Omicron007:
shocked

I can bet my balls that the guy below me is a......
grin grin grin grin
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Habib101: 8:46pm On Sep 06, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

But the Nigerian mentality is that a young person must be wretched because it is not normal even when they are making legit money. And the old means of wealth is justified by their age. What an absolute shit hole!

Nor mind them....na poverty go kill them

May we niggarrrrs drink all type of tea in this life except pover-tea
Yeeaa and we meeuuve cool
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 06, 2021
smeag0l:
OP, I drive a car, live in a duplex, I work from home for an international company with office in Nigeria, I dress well and I have a couple of friends in same category.Does that mean we're Yahoo boys?
Na lie.Which international company wey you dey work from home and wetin dem dey do?
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Aniboo: 8:47pm On Sep 06, 2021
This same topic we deliberate on the whole day
I come to realize my area here in abj
67% of young dudes here claiming to be working class are into frauds
Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by FunnyDude(m): 8:48pm On Sep 06, 2021
As if yahoo is even easy to do. Go and do yours

5 Likes

Re: Not Every Young Rich Person Is A Yahoo Boy (Opinion) by Habib101: 8:48pm On Sep 06, 2021
[quote author=shogsman post=105556954]The fact is 98% of them are Yahoo boys[/quot]
U don mean it never thought the margin is so wide like that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Busted: Fake AIG Apprehended In Abuja With 11 ATM Cards / Customs Officers Shoot Man Dead In Owode, Ogun State (photos) / Security Officer Shot In The Stomach While Confronting Armed Robbers in Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.