Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,135 members, 7,849,554 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:35 AM

Kalabari's Are Ijaws - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalabari's Are Ijaws (1587 Views)

Breaking News!! This Tribe In Adamawa State Declare They Are Ijaws!! (photos). / Isi Agu Attire:why Are Ijaws So Jealous Of The Igbos~pictures / The Eastern Obolo And Ibeno Are Ijaws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Kalabari's Are Ijaws by sageb: 10:31am On Sep 06, 2021
opuambe:
minabo wakirke oyë wa gboribusime. proudly ijaw
that is the spirit brotherly Wakirike Gbese
are you from Abuloma?
Re: Kalabari's Are Ijaws by Lubumbashi: 10:51am On Sep 06, 2021
During our three weeks nysc orientation camping in one of the northern states many years ago, we were arguing youthfully cheesy during one of our idle times indoors, people from different backgrounds, religion and ethnicity, north and south from music to sports to babes and then of course it ended in politics and so on. I don't remember what led to what but then a kalabari guy from Rivers state whose best friend in that room was an Ijaw guy from Delta state started vehemently rejecting the Ijaw tag that someone else was putting on him. He stood his ground that he wasn't Ijaw even in the presence of his Ijaw friend. I remember this incident very well because prior to that I didn't even know that Kalabari was related to Ijaw in anyway be it culture or name identity. I thought they were calabar(what we call efik and Ibibio). I am not making this up. It was a memorable highlight of our lively camp arguments that beautiful service year.

1 Like

Re: Kalabari's Are Ijaws by Izuchukwu18(m): 3:32pm On Sep 06, 2021
Ijaw is just like Nigeria where you see many ethnic groups, ijaw is a name that units some Minority ethnic groups like the kalabaris,degema, okrika,Egbema,izon, Adoni people etc so, any of them can decide to go her way, kalabari people have already woken up followed by okrika and adonni people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top IPOB Member Calling For The Killing Of People Who Don't Sit At Home - VIDEO / Osinbajo, Okowa, Olu Of Warri, Pastor Kumuyi, Attend Aso Rock Christmas Carol / Why Hasn't Western World & South Africa Sanctioned Our Oligarchs & Politicians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.