Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,822 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

The Trinity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Trinity (2052 Views)

The Trinity Confusion: God The Father,The spirit of God,The Son of God.. / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / The Trinity And Identity Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Trinity by asainco(m): 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2021
I want to ask a question about the trinity.. As Christians do we worship Jehova or/and Jesus. I ask, because the bible said in 1corinthians 8:6 there's only one God and we go to him through Jesus. But in some gospel songs we sing about worshipping Jesus, whilst some songs we sing about worshipping Jehova. While some times we pray to Jesus instead of through him. Furthermore since we worship Jehova and Jesus(sometimes) why can't we worship the Holy spirit since he his part of the trinity?.
Ps, please read to understand. Thanks.
Re: The Trinity by jantman(m): 2:25pm On Sep 05, 2021
@asainco

We are not worshiping Jehovah. We christian worship the one and only true God- Jesus Himself.

He said,
The Father and I are one. If you have seen me, you have seen the father.

I am in the father and the father is in me.

In John 17; He said, righteous father, keep them safe by the power of your name, the name you gave me

Who's name?- the name of JESUS

Check this link below for an answer

https://www.nairaland.com/6366642/trinity-explanation-god-head

1 Like

Re: The Trinity by haddeylium(m): 2:41pm On Sep 05, 2021
asainco:
I want to ask a question about the trinity.. As Christians do we worship Jehova or/and Jesus. I ask, because the bible said in 1corinthians 8:6 there's only one God and we go to him through Jesus. But in some gospel songs we sing about worshipping Jesus, whilst some songs we sing about worshipping Jehova. While some times we pray to Jesus instead of through him. Furthermore since we worship Jehova and Jesus(sometimes) why can't we worship the Holy spirit since he his part of the trinity?.

You sef! Are you not confused?
Till date , trinity is still a mystery. Actually, it depends on how an individual was taught about.
Some based their explanation on Ice block others on Eggwhite, yolk and shell. These will actually influence individual approach to his God in worship.

What makes it more confusing is that the Bible does not support the idea of a trinity.
If we accept the pure sayings of the Bible, the trinity is not a problem nor confusing, because it does not exist.
Thank you wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Trinity by BassReeves: 3:36pm On Sep 05, 2021
asainco:
I want to ask a question about the trinity.. As Christians do we worship Jehova or/and Jesus. I ask, because the bible said in 1Corinthians 8:6 there's only one God and we go to him through Jesus. But in some gospel songs we sing about worshipping Jesus, whilst some songs we sing about worshipping Jehova. While some times we pray to Jesus instead of through Him.

asainco:
Furthermore since we worship Jehova and Jesus(sometimes) why can't we worship the Holy Spirit since He his part of the trinity?.
John 10:30-32
'30I and the Father are One [a primary number in essence and nature].”
31Again the Jews picked up stones to stone Him.
32Jesus answered them, “I showed you many good works [and many acts of mercy] from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?”
33The Jews answered Him,
“We are not going to stone You for a good work, but for blasphemy, because You, a mere man, make Yourself out to be God.
'

The easiest, simplest, uncomplicated and most direct way to understand your ' .. why can't we worship the Holy Spirit since He his part of the trinity?' sic question is that, firstly and impotently to note, no where in the Bible has the Holy Spirit ever has it mentioned that the Holy Spirit is or was explicitly worshipped.

Secondly, the Holy Spirit is our connection to the Godhead and one of out many functions of the Holy Spirit, is to distribute spiritual gifts of God that empowers us believers with how, when and where to worship God and/or Jesus.

Its important to remember that, in Acts 1:4, Jesus commanded the disciples, not leave Jerusalem until the Father sends them the gift He promised, just has they've heard Jesus spoke to and discussed with them about in the past. Jesus, said wait for the Holy Spirit to come, He never there nor ever at anytime later, said worship or pray to the Holy Spirit.

Now on closing, worship is a lifestyle to live, and with the infilling and influencing of the Holy Spirit we are enabled to worship God because the Holy Spirit gives us the means (e.g. through the fruit of the Holy Spirit and/or the manifestation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit) to successfully live the lifestyle of worshipping God.

Beloved, we are expected to be filled up with Holy Spirit fuel, not worship the Holy Spirit.

2 Likes

Re: The Trinity by gideonjeta(m): 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2021
asainco:

Humans should not worship holy spirit but only Jehovah God. The trinity concept is not supported in the Bible. Let me address the last part of your question. The holy spirit is not a person. Some Bible verses stated people were 'filled' with holy spirit, that some were "baptized" with it ( Luke 1:41; Matt 3:11: Acts 10: 38). These verses indicate that the holy spirit is God's active force. Jehovah is a separate person, Jesus who is son of God is separate, Holy spirit is not even a person.

3 Likes

Re: The Trinity by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:31pm On Sep 05, 2021
Brothers Haddey and Gideonjeta, i can sense the sowing of the seed what the OP needs now is watering! Today's Watchtower Study smiley

haddeylium:

Till date , trinity is still a mystery. Actually, it depends on how an individual was taught about.
Some based their explanation on Ice block others on Eggwhite, yolk and shell. These will actually influence individual approach to his God in worship.

What makes it more confusing is that the Bible does not support the idea of a trinity.
If we accept the pure sayings of the Bible, the trinity is not a problem nor confusing, because it does not exist.
Thank you wink
Re: The Trinity by BassReeves: 6:01pm On Sep 05, 2021
haddeylium:
He who asks a question(s) is confused for five minutes, while he who does not ask a question(s) remains confused forever.

haddeylium:
Till date, trinity is still a mystery.
If you know, you know that there isnt anything mysterious about trinity. It only turns to be a mystery if you dont know.

haddeylium:
Actually, it depends on how an individual was taught about.

You see from the H2O states diagram above, I can tell you, at what temperature and moment in time a H2O molecule becomes fluid, liquid or water, and what temperature and moment in time H2O becomes, gas, vapour or steam water or even when H2O also what temperature and moment in time it becomes solid ice block. Each stage and/or transformation of the H2O molecule change in states, are distinct from each other, but you never can take it from each of them, that they each aren't H2O.

Now using the changing state of a H2O molecule, I can tell you:
1. At what moment in time did God become Father
2. At what moment in time did the Word, God become Jesus Christ, Son of God
3. At what moment in time were we in the Bible introduced to the Holy Spirit

Unlike the three changing state of a H2O molecule, the 'Eggwhite, yolk and shell' sic, has only two states, and so inadequate to make clear trinity to someone with

haddeylium:
Confusion, is a word we often embrace for an order which is not yet understood and so an order such as, trinity, becomes confusing for many because they dont understand it

haddeylium:
Thank you wink
Genesis 1:1-5
'1In the beginning God (i.e. Elohim) created (i.e. by forming from nothing) the heavens and the earth.
2The earth was formless and void or a waste and emptiness, and darkness was upon the face of the deep (i.e. primeval ocean that covered the unformed earth) The Spirit of God was moving (hovering, brooding) over the face of the waters.
3And God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.
4God saw that the light was good (i.e. pleasing, useful) and He affirmed and sustained it; and God separated the light (i.e. distinguishing it) from the darkness.
5And God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day
'

John 1:1-5, 10-11
'1In the beginning [before all time] was the Word (i.e. Jesus Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.
2He was
[continually existing] in the beginning [co-eternally] with God.
3All things were made and came into existence through Him; and without Him not even one thing was made that has come into being.

4In Him was life [and the power to bestow life], and the life was the Light of men.
5The Light shines on in the darkness, and the darkness did not understand it or overpower it or appropriate it or absorb it [and is unreceptive to it]
10He (Christ) was in the world, and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him.
11He came to that which was His own [that which belonged to Him--His world, His creation, His possession], and those who were His own [people--the Jewish nation] did not receive and welcome Him.
'

It is because we live in a three dimensional world on earth, that the Godhead, in this our terrestrial ecosystem is expressed in three, namely God the Father, the Word Jesus Christ Son of God and the Holy Spirit

It is in Genesis 1: 2 above that we see the Spirit of God doing a preliminary surveying of earth before actual creation work that was done by the triune God began, so the bible does supports the idea of trinity, but it doesnt stop and park at trinity's doorstep, as God goes beyond trinity. God is infinite and/or infinity. So trinity is a means to an end, it is not the end of what the Godhead is

1 Like

Re: The Trinity by DappaD: 6:19pm On Sep 05, 2021
But you already proved haddeylium’s point. cheesy

BassReeves:
He who asks a question(s) is confused for five minutes, while he who does not ask a question(s) remains confused forever.
If you know, you know that there isnt anything mysterious about trinity. It only turns to be a mystery if you dont know.

You see the H2O states diagram, I can tell you at what temperature and moment in time a H2O molecule becomes fluid, liquid or water, and what temperature and moment in time H2O becomes, gas, vapour or steam water or even when H2O also what temperature and moment in time it becomes solid ice block. Each stage and/or transformation of the H2O molecule change in states, are distinct from each other, but you never can take it from each of them, that they each aren't H2O.
Now using the changing state of a H2O molecule, I can tell you:
1. At what moment in time did God become Father
2. At what moment in time did the Word, God become Jesus Christ, Son of God
3. At what moment in time were we in the Bible introduced to the Holy Spirit
Unlike the three changing state of a H2O molecule, the 'Eggwhite, yolk and shell' sic, has only two states, and so inadequate to make clear trinity to someone with
Confusion, is a word we often embrace for an order which is not yet understood and so an order such as, trinity, becomes confusing for many because they dont understand it
Genesis 1:1-5
'1In the beginning God (i.e. Elohim) created (i.e. by forming from nothing) the heavens and the earth.
2The earth was formless and void or a waste and emptiness, and darkness was upon the face of the deep (i.e. primeval ocean that covered the unformed earth) The Spirit of God was moving (hovering, brooding) over the face of the waters.
3And God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.
4God saw that the light was good (i.e. pleasing, useful) and He affirmed and sustained it; and God separated the light (i.e. distinguishing it) from the darkness.
5And God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day
'
John 1:15
'1In the beginning [before all time] was the Word (i.e. Jesus Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.
2He was
[continually existing] in the beginning [co-eternally] with God.
3All things were made and came into existence through Him; and without Him not even one thing was made that has come into being.

4In Him was life [and the power to bestow life], and the life was the Light of men.
5The Light shines on in the darkness, and the darkness did not understand it or overpower it or appropriate it or absorb it [and is unreceptive to it]
10He (Christ) was in the world, and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him.
11He came to that which was His own [that which belonged to Him--His world, His creation, His possession], and those who were His own [people--the Jewish nation] did not receive and welcome Him.
'
It is because we live in a three dimensional world on earth, that the Godhead, in this our terrestrial ecosystem is expressed in three, namely God the Father, the Word Jesus Christ Son of God and the Holy Spirit
It is in Genesis 1: 2 above that we see the Spirit of God doing a preliminary surveying of earth before actual creation work that was done by the triune God began, so the bible does supports the idea of trinity, but it doesnt stop and park at trinity's doorstep, as God goes beyond trinity. God is infinite and/or infinity. So trinity is a means to an end, it is not the end of what the Godhead is
Re: The Trinity by BassReeves: 6:26pm On Sep 05, 2021
gideonjeta:
Humans should not worship holy spirit but only Jehovah God. The trinity concept is not supported in the Bible. Let me address the last part of your question.
Matthew 14:33
'Then those in the boat worshiped Him [with awe-inspired reverence], saying,
“Truly You are the Son of God!”
'

Jesus, right from being a baby accepted worship of all manners or kind

gideonjeta:
The holy spirit is not a person. Some Bible verses stated people were 'filled' with holy spirit, that some were "baptized" with it ( Luke 1:41; Matt 3:11: Acts 10: 38). These verses indicate that the holy spirit is God's active force. Jehovah is a separate person, Jesus who is son of God is separate,

Holy spirit is not even a person.
Acts 5:3-4
"3But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit
and [secretly] keep back for yourself some of the proceeds [from the sale] of the land?
4As long as it remained [unsold], did it not remain your own [to do with as you pleased]?
And after it was sold, was the money not under your control?
Why is it that you have conceived this act [of hypocrisy and deceit] in your heart?
You have not [simply] lied to people, but to God.
'

Acts 8:29
'Then the [Holy] Spirit said to Philip, “Go up and join this chariot.'"'

The Holy Spirit is a Person albeit not a Person to be worshipped. Now from Acts 5:3-4, Acts 8:29 etc we see that there is nothing impersonal about the Holy Spirit, as the verses shows that the Holy Spirit has personal feelings because it speaks, is lied to, is grieved etc. Mind you, it, is interchangeably used with He.

2 Likes

Re: The Trinity by BassReeves: 6:29pm On Sep 05, 2021
DappaD:
I exposed the weakness and hollowness of haddeylium's point(s), then after went further than where haddeylium would venture into

1 Like

Re: The Trinity by DappaD: 6:46pm On Sep 05, 2021
Yes you definitely exposed it. **winks sarcastically**
Too bad the theory behind your supposed exposé could not be drawn from Scriptures. And that’s what confusing the OP so rather than help, you’re messing things up the more.

BassReeves:
I exposed the weakness and hollowness of haddeylium's point(s), then after went further than where haddeylium would venture into
Re: The Trinity by BassReeves: 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2021
DappaD:
Yes you definitely exposed it. **winks sarcastically**
Too bad you do sarcasm really very poorly

DappaD:
Too bad the theory behind your supposed exposé could not be drawn from Scriptures.
In spite of the exposé' posted scripture and other bible references, you still are incapable of drawing out the reality of trinity from Scriptures because you're imaginatively bankrupt and totally dependant on force feeding

DappaD:
And that’s what confusing the OP so rather than help, you’re messing things up the more.
The seed has been planted
Re: The Trinity by DappaD: 9:25pm On Sep 05, 2021
BassReeves:
Too bad you do sarcasm really very poorly
In spite of the exposé' posted scripture and other bible references, you still are incapable of drawing out the reality of trinity from Scriptures because you're imaginatively bankrupt and totally dependant on force feeding

I don’t support here being made into a den of arguments. The OP has serious questions regarding his beliefs and none of the people who carry Trinity on their heads have come to quench his thirst.
So let the Trinitarians present their own, and then the ones who believe in just one God(Deuteronomy 6:4) would present theirs so that OP will come to his own conclusions on which teaching is more viable and supported by Scripture.

The seed has been planted

Wow, great! Now let’s see what becomes of it then.
Re: The Trinity by BassReeves: 5:03am On Sep 06, 2021
DappaD:
I don’t support here being made into a den of arguments.

DappaD:
The OP has serious questions regarding his beliefs and none of the people who carry Trinity on their heads have come to quench his thirst.
So let the Trinitarians present their own, and then the ones who believe in just one God (Deuteronomy 6:4) would present theirs so that OP will come to his own conclusions on which teaching is more viable and supported by Scripture.
Well, I dont know anything about 'people who carry Trinity on their heads' sic. What I know is that there is just one God, and that means, numerically speaking, the triune Godhead is one (i.e. Deuteronomy 6:4)

Deuteronomy 6:4
'“Hear, O Israel!
The LORD is our God, the LORD is one [the only God]!
'

There is one God. Numerically speaking there is one God.

It would be similar to however ways DappaD is, fact stands that, there is one DappaD, whether you're DappaD; the person, DappaD; the son, DappaD; the husband or even DappaD, the father etc

Also however DappaD deems to possibly manifest DappaD, whether in writings, words, thoughts or deeds, there still, is one DappaD, only DappaD

DappaD:
Wow, great! Now let’s see what becomes of it then.
You'll soon get to know that every planted seed goes through the tremendous struggle and so the day you plant the seed is not the day for harvest nor the day you eat the fruit.

My work here isnt to 'see what becomes of it' but my work is to see that the seed is planted. You’ll soon learn that sometimes it’s just enough to plant the seed, leave room for questions, then walk away and let the flower, at its own pace, grow on its own

1 Like

Re: The Trinity by haddeylium(m): 12:04am On Sep 16, 2021
BassReeves:

Do you know see how illogical all these sound?
It's so clear that the concept of 'Trinity' is just a lame attempt to reconcile the bible with the unapproachable pantheistic deity of the Greek philosophers and diety.
It cannot exist any more than a circular triangle can exist. cheesy

The trinity doctrine would always be a subject of grand humor

Re: The Trinity by haddeylium(m): 12:07am On Sep 16, 2021
DappaD:

Atleast he's not proving his own concept of trinity with quantum spin and Maclaurin theorem
I've seen all these cheesy
Re: The Trinity by BassReeves: 5:02am On Sep 16, 2021
haddeylium:
Do you know see how illogical all these sound?
It's so clear that the concept of 'Trinity' is just a lame attempt to reconcile the bible with the unapproachable pantheistic deity of the Greek philosophers and diety.
It cannot exist any more than a circular triangle can exist. cheesy
Show me where you've ever come across or found a three headed H20
God is not symbolically three-headed. God is never illustrated as being three-headed
Do you now see how illogical you sound? Smh

haddeylium:
The trinity doctrine would always be a subject of grand humor
You would find trinity notion always be a subject of grand humour to you because you're as clever as the Devil and likely prettier.

1 Like

Re: The Trinity by livingchrist: 6:23am On Sep 16, 2021
asainco:
John 5:23
That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

We worship both the father and Son
John worship Jesus.

Revelation 5:12
Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

Note: the holy spirit cannot be worshiped separately as a person because he does not have a distinct name from the father and the son.

1 Like

Re: The Trinity by BassReeves: 7:39am On Sep 16, 2021
livingchrist:
5:23
That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

John worship Jesus.

Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

Note: the holy spirit cannot be worshiped separately as a person because he does not have a distinct name from the father and the son.
Ephesians 4:30
'And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.'

3But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit
and [secretly] keep back for yourself some of the proceeds [from the sale] of the land?
4As long as it remained [unsold], did it not remain your own [to do with as you pleased]?
Why is it that you have conceived this act [of hypocrisy and deceit] in your heart?

I agree with all you wrote hence why I liked the post, but I will complement it with saying the Holy Spirit albeit is not worshipped, which is correct, it and/or He, however, is a person, because the Holy Spirit can be grieved, can be lied to, teaches us, tell us things like where to go or where not to go, reveal things thus, leads us go in certain directions, empowers us with gifts etc. Does all these just as any normal human being would do albeit on a supernatural level than humans would or are capable of doing.

Lastly, notice in how when Acts 5:3-4, in verse 3 said the Holy Spirit was lied to, later on verse 4 qualified who or what exactly is the Holy Spirit, meaning that verse recognised the Holy Spirit to be God

1 Like

Re: The Trinity by asainco(m): 7:55am On Sep 16, 2021
livingchrist:

John 5:23

John worship Jesus.

If we can not worship the Holy spirit why then is he in the trinity?
Re: The Trinity by haddeylium(m): 8:16am On Sep 16, 2021
livingchrist:

Didn't that dispute what trinity means?
Isn't the holyspirit co-equal with other two? Why deprive the holyspirit of your worship ?
Re: The Trinity by haddeylium(m): 8:25am On Sep 16, 2021
asainco:

I think the basic answer you might be looking for is the offered by Jesus himself here:

Luke 4:8 NW — In reply Jesus said to him: “It is written, ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”
Re: The Trinity by BassReeves: 9:51am On Sep 16, 2021
asainco:
If we can not worship the Holy spirit why then is He in the trinity?
Though the Holy Spirit has the attributes similar to a human being as a person, the Holy Spirit has never anywhere in the Bible seen or read to have been worshipped. This is the important reason why we can not worship the Holy Spirit.

The reason why the Holy Spirit is in trinity is because we live and operate on earth in three dimensional, hence why the Godhead is expressed in trilogy, albeit God, in reality, is not limited to three

1 Like

Re: The Trinity by BassReeves: 9:55am On Sep 16, 2021
haddeylium:
Whatever the trinity means to whoever, the Holy Spirit is not worshipped, has not been worshipped, will never be worshipped by true born believers

haddeylium:
Isn't the holyspirit co-equal with other two?
Yes it is co-equal with the other two

haddeylium:
Why deprive the holyspirit of your worship ?
It is because thats the way the cookie crumbles

1 Like

Re: The Trinity by haddeylium(m): 11:05am On Sep 16, 2021
BassReeves:
Whatever the trinity means to whoever, the Holy Spirit is not worshipped, has not been worshipped, will never be worshipped by true born believers
Yes it is co-equal with the other two
It is because thats the way the cookie crumbles

Look at how laughable you sound.
Be true to yourself, does this portray actual reasoning.
'I know the Godhead are co-equal, they're the same person but part of this body shouldn't be worship'

Really? cheesy
Re: The Trinity by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 16, 2021
The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one. 3 in 1. They have different functions but they are one person.

1 John 5:7
[7]For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
Re: The Trinity by BassReeves: 11:28am On Sep 16, 2021
haddeylium:
Look at how laughable you sound.
Be true to yourself, does this portray actual reasoning.
'I know the Godhead are co-equal, they're the same person but part of this body shouldn't be worship'

Really? cheesy
Its beyond your capacity to understand. It is out of your reach to comprehend that the Holy Spirit albeit is not worshipped, which is correct, it and/or He, however, is a person, because the Holy Spirit can be grieved, can be lied to, teaches us, tell us things like where to go or where not to go, reveal things thus, leads us go in certain directions, empowers us with gifts etc. Does all these just as any normal human being would do albeit on a supernatural level than humans would or are capable of doing.

The only Spirit we worship is God, we dont worship the Holy Spirit. God has never instructed anyone to worship the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit has never in the bible, in any shape or form ever being worshipped

Now, let see you duck from replying to these questions
1. How are you empowered? With what do you tap into the anointing and/or connect to the spiritual or supernatural realm with?
2. Do you worship your spirit man? If No, then why not then?

1 Like

Re: The Trinity by haddeylium(m): 12:06pm On Sep 16, 2021
BassReeves:

[b]The only Spirit we worship is God, we dont worship the Holy Spirit. [/b]God has never instructed anyone to worship the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit has never in the bible, in any shape or form ever being worshipped

This is trinity dogma
God the father
God the Son and
God the holyspirit..

Are you saying the holyspirit is not God? cheesy or the dogma is confusing you too
Re: The Trinity by livingchrist: 12:12pm On Sep 16, 2021
BassReeves:
Ephesians 4:30
'And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.'

3But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit

I agree with all you wrote hence why I liked the post, but I will complement it with saying the Holy Spirit albeit is not worshipped, which is correct, it and/or He, however, is a person, because the Holy Spirit can be grieved, can be lied to, teaches us, tell us things like where to go or where not to go, reveal things thus, leads us go in certain directions, empowers us with gifts etc. Does all these just as any normal human being would do albeit on a supernatural level than humans would or are capable of doing.

Lastly, notice in how when Acts 5:3-4, in verse 3 said the Holy Spirit was lied to, later on verse 4 qualified who or what exactly is the Holy Spirit, meaning that verse recognised the Holy Spirit to be God
I said the Holy Spirit is a person but doesn't have a separate name from the father and the Son.
Re: The Trinity by livingchrist: 12:14pm On Sep 16, 2021
asainco:

we worship the holy spirit when we worship the father and the Son.
Re: The Trinity by livingchrist: 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2021
haddeylium:

Isn't the holyspirit co-equal with other two? Why deprive the holyspirit of your worship ?
we worship the Holy Spirit when we worship the father and the Son.
Re: The Trinity by livingchrist: 12:19pm On Sep 16, 2021
Nuttella:
The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are one. 3 in 1. They have different functions but they are one person being.

1 John 5:7
[7]For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. / Please, Let Us Pray For Our Beloved Country- Nigeria / Revd. King Is Back !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.