Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,761 members, 7,820,649 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. (2075 Views)

Tales Of Virgin Birth In Various Pagan Traditions How Come? / Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival / Daddy Freeze: Celebrating Christmas, Is Celebrating A Pagan God's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by sonmvayina(m): 8:34am On Dec 23, 2021
The deep anxiety of Christians is often revealed in their desperation to convince themselves they aren’t just new-fangled pagans who stole everything from other religions. The virgin birth is a classic example and the fact-challenged ill-logic of trying to deny.

Other pagan deities were also born miraculously of virgins, making the birth of Jesus nothing new in the history of world religions. Horus, Osirus, Mithras, Dionysus, Krishna, and others all fit this description. In fact, as it is often claimed, there are also heroes and historical figures like Ion, Romulus, Asclepius, and Alexander the Great who were believed to be the generation of gods and virgin women.

Or Joseph might just be the father..

Naahhh, it's all roman/Greek mythology..

4 Likes

Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by orisa37: 9:20am On Dec 23, 2021
What really is your Problem? Are jealous of JESUS being The Best Documented of all Miracle Births?

JESUS CHRIST THE RIGHTEOUS IS THE ANOINTED CHARACTER FOR HUMAN RIGHTEOUSNESS.

3 Likes

Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by orisa37: 9:52am On Dec 23, 2021
What really is your Problem? Are jealous of JESUS being The Best Documented of all Miracle Births?

WE HAVE MANY RAPED VIRGIN BIRTHS IN NIGERIA THAT ARE UNSUNG.
Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by sonmvayina(m): 10:33am On Dec 23, 2021
orisa37:

WE HAVE MANY RAPED VIRGIN BIRTHS IN NIGERIA THAT ARE UNSUNG.

Yea...well documented myth...

1 Like

Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 23, 2021
sonmvayina:

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they’ve been fooled.” Mark Twain

How can people believe these for years without starting to realise that they've been fooled:

Matthew-27-52-53
52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.
53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

4 different accounts of The Resurrection in the 4 gospels and no one actually saw the Resurrection taking place.

In Matthew: Mary Magdalene and the other Mary saw an angel.
In Mark: Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome saw a young man.
In Luke: The women saw 2 men.
In John: [Notice there was no angel or young man. Here it was just Mary Magdalene, Peter and the other disciple]
"Mary Magdalene went to the tomb". "So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple". "Then Simon Peter came along behind him and went straight into the tomb". "The cloth was still lying in its place, separate from the linen". "Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside". "Then the disciples went back to where they were staying"
Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:25pm On Dec 23, 2021
What a pity?
Millions on this section will claim they are followers of Jesus of Nazareth.
But here is a thread rubbishing Jesus' birth as recorded in the Bible.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, thanks to JEHOVAH the true God, let them come and defend their faith if truly they believe in the gospel accounts! smiley
Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by orisa37: 12:33pm On Dec 23, 2021
sonmvayina:

The rest are apocryphae to KJV.
Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 23, 2021
Why would GOD do the same thing the sons of God who were fallen angels, were doing? Why would GOD just come into Mary like the sons of God which GOD was not happy with? Christians reboot your brains.

Genesis 6:4
King James Bible
4The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of mankind, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

1 Like

Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by Dtruthspeaker: 2:09pm On Dec 23, 2021
MindHacker9000:

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they’ve been fooled.” Mark Twain

How can people believe these for years without starting to realise that they've been fooled:

Matthew-27-52-53
52 and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.
53 They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people.

4 different accounts of The Resurrection in the 4 gospels and no one actually saw the Resurrection taking place.

In Matthew: Mary Magdalene and the other Mary saw an angel.
In Mark: Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome saw a young man.
In Luke: The women saw 2 men.
In John: [Notice there was no angel or young man. Here it was just Mary Magdalene, Peter and the other disciple]
"Mary Magdalene went to the tomb". "So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple". "Then Simon Peter came along behind him and went straight into the tomb". "The cloth was still lying in its place, separate from the linen". "Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside". "Then the disciples went back to where they were staying"

"A fool will always confess that he is indeed a fool, when at last his supposed intelligence has brought him pain, suffering and anguish".

Without going into the greater world even here in Nairaland, it is seen that people do not often give the same testimony, however the substance of the story is clear.

Thus, it is expected that fools will always choose Suffering and Death and do not know that a Living dog is always better than a dead lion.
Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by Dtruthspeaker: 2:19pm On Dec 23, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
What a pity?
Millions on this section will claim they are followers of Jesus of Nazareth.
But here is a thread rubbishing Jesus' birth as recorded in the Bible.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, thanks to JEHOVAH the true God, let them come and defend their faith if truly they believe in the gospel accounts! smiley

Haven't i always told you, you are Satan's child?

Is there any difference between you and Satan?

No! Save for the fact that he is your father and very much older than you.

1 Like

Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by Dtruthspeaker: 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2021
MindHacker9000:
Why would GOD do the same thing the sons of God who were fallen angels, were doing? Why would GOD just come into Mary like the sons of God which GOD was not happy with? Christians reboot your brains.

Clearly, as with your kind, you lack basic understanding and comprehension in your reading such that you thought to make this stupid and evil comparison just because you are a evil.

Well the Bible did prophecy that you people will come to speak your blasphemies in the dying days of the world.

And God's Word must be fulfilled.

So thanks for confirming the fulfillment of The Word of The Lord!

1 Like

Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:35pm On Dec 23, 2021
MindHacker9000:

Genesis 6:4
King James Bible
4The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of mankind, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.
I don't want to believe that this moniker and the OP is the same person, so try to be polite while expecting right thinking persons to take you serious.
God has foretold right from the beginning that a son (seed) of a certain woman will crush Satan's head and Satan will have to bruise him by the heel {Genesis 3:15} God also promised that this coming child will be from the lineage of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob {Genesis 12:1-3; 17:18-21} according to God's word none of the imperfect descendants of Adam can take away the sin of another {Psalms 49:7-9} so the one coming can't be one of those born through the usual reproduction process, that's why God's word said he will be born by a virgin {Isaiah 7:14} concluding that he will be called "Wonderful Counselor" "Mighty God" "Everlasting Father" and "Prince of Peace" whose government will never be overthrown but will last forever! Isaiah 9:6-7

So if demons in pagan customs arrange something similar before the birth of Jesus know that they're already aware of the one coming that he is not one of Adam's descendants! Luke 4:34

As regards what led to the global deluge, it was rebellious angels that put on materialised bodies, they made the best looking figures for themselves so that the ladies then can't resist them neither do they asked for their parents before sleeping with this cute looking young men who were highly intelligent and rich.
For your information that was how fornication (sex before marriage) was introduced, before then each man or woman will ascertain the genealogy of their wife/husband to be before having anything to do with him/her.

So it's not the same setting!

Please prove that you're different from the OP by calmly and respectfully replying to this so that we can chat as mature minds! smiley

1 Like

Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:36pm On Dec 23, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Haven't i always told you, you are Satan's child?

Is there any difference between you and Satan?

No! Save for the fact that he is your father and very much older than you.

Thank you! cheesy

Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 23, 2021
@MaxInDHouse
Ask yourself just as an example, if the new testament had come from juju worship in Nigeria after the old testament of juju was taken to Europe by the Europeans while they were ruling Nigeria and then they put a new testament on the juju scrolls they took to Europe claiming the old testament of juju has been fulfilled in the new testament of the juju they have added. But the original juju worshippers in Nigeria will not accept this new testament of juju as they know that it is not the same as their own juju worship.
Who would you agree with out of these two?

MaxInDHouse:

I don't want to believe that this moniker and the OP is the same person
No we are not the same but I very much agree with his posts.

MaxInDHouse:

God has foretold right from the beginning that a son (seed) of a certain woman will crush Satan's head and Satan will have to bruise him by the heel {Genesis 3:15} God also promised that this coming child will be from the lineage of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob {Genesis 12:1-3; 17:18-21}
How is Jesus from the lineage of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob if the DNA of Jesus is checked it will be from GOD and not from Mary as she was not from the lineage of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Check the genealogy it was that of Joseph that was given not that of Mary and as Joseph had not touched Mary Jesus could not have come from that lineage.

MaxInDHouse:

that's why God's word said he will be born by a virgin {Isaiah 7:14}
The Hebrew word is Almah which means a young woman and there is nowhere in Judaism where GOD had promised the Jews that HE will come into a woman and the woman will give birth to HIS child. This is a Roman pagan believe and the Jews know that

1 Like

Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
MindHacker9000:
@MaxInDHouse
Ask yourself just as an example, if the new testament had come from juju worship in Nigeria then it was taken to Europe by the European while they were ruling Nigeria and then they put a new testament on the juju scrolls they took to Europe calming the old testament of juju has been fulfilled in the new testament of of the juju they have added. But the original juju worshipper in Nigeria will not accept this new testament of juju as they know that it is not the same as their own juju worship.
Who would you agree with out of these two?
I had to read this again and again before i could get your point.
The truth is the Jews never accepted any incumbent prophet until he is long gone. And as for Jesus since his case raised a controversy between the religious leaders and their colonial masters (Rome) they fought really hard to bury his case, they were killing his disciples so that the story will not be passed to the next generation of Jews.
So i believe everything that's written in the gospel accounts even if those people aren't ready to accept Jesus' credentials as the promised Messiah till today! smiley

MindHacker9000:

No we are not the same but I very much agree with his posts.
Well he's not polite and respectful that's why i always want to avoid him. So if you're not like him then we can reason together.
MindHacker9000:

How is Jesus from the lineage of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob if the DNA of Jesus is checked it will be from GOD and not from Mary as she was not from the lineage of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Check the genealogy it was that of Joseph that was given not that of Mary and as Joseph had not touched Mary Jesus could not have come from that lineage.
Both Joseph and Mary were from the lineage of King David that's why Luke's account of Jesus' genealogy differs from that of Matthew because Matthew was talking about Joseph being the foster father while Luke was talking from the Jewish point of view that Joseph became son in-law to Mary's father through marriage.
MindHacker9000:

The Hebrew word is Almah with means a young woman and there is nowhere in Judaism where GOD had promised the Jews that HE will come into a woman and the woman will give birth to HIS child. This is a Roman pagan believe and the Jews know that
There is nothing special if the text simply means (young woman) because Jewish girls are expected to marry early therefore there's nothing to emphasize if the text was referring to just a young woman!
Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 23, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The truth is the Jews never accepted any incumbent prophet until he is long gone. And as for Jesus since his case raised a controversy between the religious leaders and their colonial masters (Rome) they fought really hard to bury his case, they were killing his disciples so that the story will not be passed to the next generation of Jews.
So i believe everything that's written in the gospel accounts even if those people aren't ready to accept Jesus' credentials as the promised Messiah till today! smiley  

When the Romans conquered a nation they allowed freedom of religion as they believe the Roman god is stronger and that was the reason they have defeated that nation, so the Romans were not bothered about Jesus as He was not a threat to their occupation of the Jewish nation. 

MaxInDHouse:

Both Joseph and Mary were from the lineage of King David that's why Luke's account of Jesus' genealogy differs from that of Matthew because Matthew was talking about Joseph being the foster father while Luke was talking from the Jewish point of view that Joseph became son in-law to Mary's father through marriage.  

No where was it mentioned that the genealogy of Jesus was that of Mary.
Leviticus 18:6 None of you shall approach any blood relative of his to uncover unclothedness; I am the LORD. (NASB)

1 Like

Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 5:47pm On Dec 23, 2021
Evening good people of nl. Please my life needs ur help. It is a sch fees issue.. I owe 4rm 300level 2nd semester to 500level which will cost me an extra year. Please i really need ur help(s) in offsetting this bill. I also am running here there trying to pull out fundz bt it is nt just nt forthcomin. Ejoor... I promise this is no scam. I'd drop my portal login details for any willing kind hearted fellow..

1 Like

Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by sonmvayina(m): 6:38pm On Dec 23, 2021
MaxInDHouse we have laid to rest the issue of Isaiah 7:14 and 9:6. Why do you keep bringing them up? They are not messianic texts.

In the case of 7:14 the sign was for king Ahaz, it was to assure him that his kingdom will stand the threat posed by Syria and the northern 10 kingdoms. In any case it was almah which simply means a young woman probably Isaiah's concubine .the child in question belongs to Isaiah.
I don't know why you want to pass it off as a messianic prophesy . It is not..

That of 9:6 I have showed you the original Hebrew verse that Isaiah wrote and we saw it was referring to future king Hezekiah. He was already born when Isaiah was prophesying. Please learn to read texts in context and not in isolation. Nobody is a kid here.

Even the passage in Genesis is not a prophesy. I wonder who God was prophesying for? When did God become a prophet? I just wonder how you see these things. God was dishing out judgement on the man, woman and snake. Nothing more.

You learly don't really know anything...as much as you think you do.

2 Likes

Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:01pm On Dec 23, 2021
MindHacker9000:

When the Romans conquered a nation they allowed freedom of religion as they believe the Roman god is stronger and that was the reason they have defeated that nation, so the Romans were not bothered about Jesus as He was not a threat to their occupation of the Jewish nation. 
The Romans ruled over them but the Jews were agitating claiming they're not supposed to be ruled by pagans.
So when Jesus came they believe he supposed to use his God's given powers to free them under Romans dominance but Jesus was just preaching and teaching the people about a kingdom that will not begin operation quickly.
That's why they schemed to make the Roman governor Pontius Pilate sign the execution of this innocent man.

MindHacker9000:

No where was it mentioned that the genealogy of Jesus was that of Mary.
Leviticus 18:6 None of you shall approach any blood relative of his to uncover unclothedness; I am the LORD. (NASB)
You don't get it.
Read Matthew's account of Jesus' genealogy @ Matthew 1:1-16 then compare to Luke 3:23-38 you will notice that it was only form Abraham to David that both had the same names but afterwards the lineage changed because both Joseph and Mary descended from David in Bethlehem Ephrata!
As for the law at Leviticus 18:6 Joseph and Mary can't be regarding as blood relations any more since they not from the same father or mother.
Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:09pm On Dec 23, 2021
sonmvayina:
MaxInDHouse we have laid to rest the issue of Isaiah 7:14 and 9:6. Why do you keep bringing them up? They are not messianic texts.

In the case of 7:14 the sign was for king Ahaz, it was to assure him that his kingdom will stand the threat posed by Syria and the northern 10 kingdoms. In any case it was almah which simply means a young woman probably Isaiah's concubine .the child in question belongs to Isaiah.
I don't know why you want to pass it off as a messianic prophesy . It is not..

That of 9:6 I have showed you the original Hebrew verse that Isaiah wrote and we saw it was referring to future king Hezekiah. He was already born when Isaiah was prophesying. Please learn to read texts in context and not in isolation. Nobody is a kid here.

Even the passage in Genesis is not a prophesy. I wonder who God was prophesying for? When did God become a prophet? I just wonder how you see these things. God was dishing out judgement on the man, woman and snake. Nothing more.

You learly don't really know anything...as much as you think you do.

The problem you and i always have is the way each of us interpret what we read in the Bible.
I can't impose my own interpretation on you to which i'm entitled.
So hold onto your own interpretation while i hold onto my own, no wahala! smiley
Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by sonmvayina(m): 9:18am On Dec 24, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The problem you and i always have is the way each of us interpret what we read in the Bible.
I can't impose my own interpretation on you to which i'm entitled.
So hold onto your own interpretation while i hold onto my own, no wahala! smiley

Really?? MaxInDHouse how, really.

Nah, why are you holding on strongly to what is wrong and unprofitable in God's eyes.

Come back to his Torah..
If you are scared you will loose your family and friends . God will send you good ones. I am always here for you. I can even give you my phone number and Facebook ID. But first thing first, come out of idolatry.
Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by sonmvayina(m): 9:25am On Dec 24, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The Romans ruled over them but the Jews were agitating claiming they're not supposed to be ruled by pagans.
So when Jesus came they believe he supposed to use his God's given powers to free them under Romans dominance but Jesus was just preaching and teaching the people about a kingdom that will not begin operation quickly.
That's why they schemed to make the Roman governor Pontius Pilate sign the execution of this innocent man.
Sanni Abacha killed Ken Saro Wiwa, when we all know he was innocent. Assuming Jesus was real and innocent killing him shows he has got nothing to do with God. God Messiah must accomplish what he has ordained for him to accomplish. This fact alone should convince you that Jesus is a nobody. God never said anything about a second coming. Paul never said anything of such. So you might have to rethink your beliefs.

You don't get it.
Read Matthew's account of Jesus' genealogy @ Matthew 1:1-16 then compare to Luke 3:23-38 you will notice that it was only form Abraham to David that both had the same names but afterwards the lineage changed because both Joseph and Mary descended from David in Bethlehem Ephrata!
As for the law at Leviticus 18:6 Joseph and Mary can't be regarding as blood relations any more since they not from the same father or mother.
But genealogy is ONLY transferred from father to son. How is Jesus related to Joseph? You always try to find a way to make sense out of nonsense...lol
Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:33am On Dec 24, 2021
sonmvayina:

Really?? MaxInDHouse how, really.
Nah, why are you holding on strongly to what is wrong and unprofitable in God's eyes.
Come back to his Torah..
If you are scared you will loose your family and friends . God will send you good ones. I am always here for you. I can even give you my phone number and Facebook ID. But first thing first, come out of idolatry.

Your definition of God and idolatry differs from mine, so what you're seeing totally differs from what i'm seeing.
At least you have MindHacker9000 and others around you as for me i belong to the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses body and soul! smiley

1 Like

Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:38am On Dec 24, 2021
sonmvayina:

Sanni Abacha killed Ken Saro Wiwa, when we all know he was innocent. Assuming Jesus was real and innocent killing him shows he has got nothing to do with God. God Messiah must accomplish what he has ordained for him to accomplish. This fact alone should convince you that Jesus is a nobody. God never said anything about a second coming. Paul never said anything of such. So you might have to rethink your beliefs. But genealogy is ONLY transferred from father to son. How is Jesus related to Joseph? You always try to find a way to make sense out of nonsense...lol
The post you're replying to was meant for MindHarker9000 so are you sure you're not the same person? cheesy
Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by sonmvayina(m): 9:39am On Dec 24, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Your definition of God and idolatry differs from mine, so what you're seeing totally differs from what i'm seeing.
At least you have MindHacker9000 and others around you as for me i belong to the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses body and soul! smiley

Can a 10 years old definition of air be the same as a 400 level chemistry student? Never.
It is same with you and me. I am telling you that Jesus is an idol as defined by the creator in his Torah you are saying it is a lie. Hmmm who has blinded you?

"Do not make the image or likeness of anything in heaven, on earth or under the waters below the earth, do not bow down to them or serve them"....
Jesus is a man, something that is found on earth. He is an idol. What ever he says or represent has got nothing to do with the creator. Why is it difficult to understand??

1 Like

Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:03am On Dec 24, 2021
sonmvayina:

Can a 10 years old definition of air be the same as a 400 level chemistry student? Never.
It is same with you and me. I am telling you that Jesus is an idol as defined by the creator in his Torah you are saying it is a lie. Hmmm who has blinded you?
"Do not make the image or likeness of anything in heaven, on earth or under the waters below the earth, do not bow down to them or serve them"....
Jesus is a man, something that is found on earth. He is an idol. What ever he says or represent has got nothing to do with the creator. Why is it difficult to understand??

You have all the time in world to preach what you know so i wish you luck as you go to make disciples for your God! smiley
Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by sonmvayina(m): 10:23am On Dec 24, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You have all the time in world to preach what you know so i wish you luck as you go to make disciples for your God! smiley

Lol..you will come round...I know you are eager to learn. But I can sense fear..

Don't let it rule over you..

1 Like

Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by sonmvayina(m): 10:24am On Dec 24, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The post you're replying to was meant for MindHarker9000 so are you sure you're not the same person? cheesy

No am not...I am this moniker and 22jumpstreet.

It only shows people are beginning to see through the scam.
Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:28am On Dec 24, 2021
sonmvayina:

Lol..you will come round...I know you are eager to learn. But I can sense fear..

Don't let it rule over you..
No wahala! grin

1 Like

Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:28am On Dec 24, 2021
sonmvayina:

No am not...I am this moniker and 22jumpstreet.
It only shows people are beginning to see through the scam.
No wahala! grin

1 Like

Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 24, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I have noticed that we both share the same views about the New Testament, so it's fine for @sonmvayina to reply to the post you have for me when I don't have the time to get all the facts to respond as it's time consuming for me to bring out all the facts to back up all my responses to you, but you come up with your own assumptions just to keep to your own views. Take your response below as an example, Luke started the Genealogy of Jesus with" 23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli", notice here that Luke did not say the son of Mary, so how was Luke referring to the Genealogy of Jesus through that of Mary? 

Also remember on another thread you mentioned that the saints who were resurrected after Jesus' crucifixion written in Matthew was "a vision of what will happen in the nearest future". Are you for real?

MaxInDHouse:

MaxInDHouse:
Matthew wasn't relating a literal event but a vision of what will happen in the nearest future!
It's a vision of what will happen in the future due to the sacrifice Jesus just made with his own blood. No dead bodies left their graves because resurrection will only take place when Jesus call {John 5:28-29} the one who will make that call is dead so it's a vision not literal event! smiley

1 Like

Re: Virgin Birth: It’s Pagan. Get Over It. by budaatum: 11:47am On Dec 24, 2021
sonmvayina:

The deep anxiety of Christians is often revealed in their desperation to convince themselves they aren’t just new-fangled pagans who stole everything from other religions.

“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a person understands it, they hide it again, and then in their joy went and sold all they had and bought that field." Except in the days the Christian texts were written there was no copyright laws.

sonmvayina:

Naahhh, it's all roman/Greek mythology..
I wonder how many people would have heard of Roman/Greek mythology if not for their Christian education that taught them to read.

What do you think?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Anti-christ: Male Or Female / Goodluck In Redemption Camp / Daniel 12:7 Scatter The Power Of The Holy People. What Does It Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.