Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,734 members, 7,837,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

What Is The Best Long-lasting Contraceptive Method Suitable For Me? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Best Long-lasting Contraceptive Method Suitable For Me? (1618 Views)

Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? / What Is The Best Contraceptive Method / I Warned Her Not To Take Oral Contraceptive, Now She Is Pregnant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Long-lasting Contraceptive Method Suitable For Me? by cococandy(f): 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ishilove:

What are the side effects?
to mention but a few

Major side effects:
Most of them cause hormonal imbalances that can lead to.
*weight gain, (all of them)

*subtle or volatile mood changes (nexplanon)

*depression, (nexplanon)

*skin changes (some improve your skin while some make your skin worse. the pill can clear your skin)

* the daily pill increases your risk of developing blood clots. A dangerous occurrence. I dislike the pill personally.

*Depo will stop your periods (I like that grin).

*If you use depo for over two years at a stretch, it will cause your bones to weaken and you’re at risk for idiopathic fractures. So you have to stop when you’re getting close to two years and give your bones time to recover. Depo is my favorite but I always take a break and go to nexplanon before switching back to Depo.

*Nexplanon will make your periods quite irregular (I didn’t like that). You never know what to expect so I always carry a pad. And it’s the worst at mood changes. I’ve never let a nexplanon implant stay up to the maximum 3 years. I just take it out as soon as I’m ready to go back to Depo.

Minor side effects:
Headache
Nausea
Bloating
Constipation
Bla bla bla. basically any small side effect that
other medications can have. They are not really serious and don’t happen often.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Long-lasting Contraceptive Method Suitable For Me? by Ishilove: 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
cococandy:
to mention but a few

Major side effects:
Most them cause hormonal imbalances that can lead to.

*depression, (nexplanon)

*skin changes (some improve your skin while some make your skin worse. the pill can clear your skin)

* the daily pill increases your risk of developing blood clots. A dangerous occurrence. I dislike the pill personally.

*If you use depo for over two years at a stretch, it will cause your bones to weaken and you’re at risk for idiopathic fractures. So you have to stop when you’re getting close to two years and give your bones time to recover. Depo is my favorite but I always take a break and go to nexplanon before switching back to Depo.

*Nexplanon will make your periods quite irregular (I didn’t like that). You never know what to expect so I always carry a pad. And it’s the worst at mood changes. I’ve never let a nexplanon implant stay up to the maximum 3 years. I just take it out as soon as I’m ready to go back to Depo.

Minor side effects:
Headache
Nausea
Bloating
Constipation
Thanks dear. If they lead to hormonal imbalance, then why do gynaes recommend regular ones like Combination 3 and Microgynon to treat PCOS and co?
Re: What Is The Best Long-lasting Contraceptive Method Suitable For Me? by cococandy(f): 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ishilove:

Thanks dear. If they lead to hormonal imbalance, then why do gynaes recommend regular ones like Combination 3 and Microgynon to treat PCOS and co?

Those conditions are already based on extreme hormonal imbalances themselves. Those pills help because they come in and regulate the hormones thus improving symptoms.

But if you’re already at equilibrium with no issues (hormone wise) then it would be disruptive to your natural balance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Long-lasting Contraceptive Method Suitable For Me? by Ishilove: 1:43pm On Sep 07, 2021
cococandy:

Those conditions are already based on extreme hormonal imbalances themselves. Those pills help because they come in and regulate the hormones thus improving symptoms.

But if you’re already at equilibrium with no issues (hormone wise) then it would be disruptive to your natural balance.
What can you say about Combination 3 and Microgynon? Are they like Nex and Depo?
Re: What Is The Best Long-lasting Contraceptive Method Suitable For Me? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 07, 2021
I will never use contraceptives and I won't allow any man to ever use condoms on me.
Re: What Is The Best Long-lasting Contraceptive Method Suitable For Me? by mcdreeezy: 2:04pm On Sep 07, 2021
Iyaebe:
I will never use contraceptives and I won't allow any man to ever use condoms on me.

So how do you intend to space your kids?
Re: What Is The Best Long-lasting Contraceptive Method Suitable For Me? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 07, 2021
mcdreeezy:

So how do you intend to space your kids?
It will be sorted out.Contraceptives and condoms are a no no for me.
Re: What Is The Best Long-lasting Contraceptive Method Suitable For Me? by cococandy(f): 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ishilove:

What can you say about Combination 3 and Microgynon? Are they like Nex and Depo?
These aren’t brands that I’m personally familiar with. I’ve never used them . But like most oral birth control, they are a combination of estrogen-progestin factors that will cause one to stop ovulating hence no egg to fertilize.

They are different because their main active ingredients are a bit different from each other which makes how they work different.

Nexplanon and Depo have different delivery methods because they are not oral.

I believe the two pills you mentioned above have levonorgestrel as their active ingredient (the chemical in plan B and Postinor-2)
Nexplanon has etonogestrel
Depo has Medroxyprogesterone
Re: What Is The Best Long-lasting Contraceptive Method Suitable For Me? by cococandy(f): 2:48pm On Sep 07, 2021
Iyaebe:

Yea it’s a highly personal choice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Best Long-lasting Contraceptive Method Suitable For Me? by Bluntsisi: 4:02am On Sep 08, 2021
cococandy:
to mention but a few

Major side effects:
Most them cause hormonal imbalances that can lead to.

*depression, (nexplanon)

Minor side effects:
Headache
Nausea
Bloating
Constipation
Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Long-lasting Contraceptive Method Suitable For Me? by Bluntsisi: 4:04am On Sep 08, 2021
Iyaebe:
It will be sorted out.Contraceptives and condoms are a no no for me.
please can you explain?
How would it be sorted out?
Is it by DC?
Re: What Is The Best Long-lasting Contraceptive Method Suitable For Me? by Orente21(f): 10:09am On Sep 08, 2021
Bluntsisi:
Thanks so much
Na wa o. These side effects are scary. I heard herbs too help but not too sure. I think condom is still manageable.
Re: What Is The Best Long-lasting Contraceptive Method Suitable For Me? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 7:43pm On Sep 08, 2021
Bluntsisi:
I don't even like him to remove his thing after coming sef.
We stay intact together and wait for the next turn.
So, I don't think withdrawal is what I really need

Lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dealing With Alpha Female - Marriage / Enlighten Me With Your Opinion About My Marriage / Getting Ready For My Introduction Pls Advice!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.