Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) (64925 Views)

Don Jazzy's Mother Is Dead (Pictures) / Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) / Actress Chizoba Bosah Is Dead - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by HolinessForever: 3:22pm On Sep 05, 2021
DEEP HEARTBREAK': Girls Aloud singer, 39, dies after breast cancer battle as mum pays tribute to ‘shining star’

The Girls Aloud star was diagnosed with advanced breast cancer last August and underwent a mastectomy and chemotherapy in a bid to prolong her life.

Sarah released a book called Hear Me Out which documented her life as a pop star and chronicled her fight with cancer earlier this year.

Her mum Marie today confirmed the heartbreaking news on Sarah's Instagram alongside a touching picture of the star.

She wrote: "It's with deep heartbreak that today I'm sharing the news that my beautiful daughter Sarah has sadly passed away.

"Many of you will know of Sarah's battle with cancer and that she fought so strongly from her diagnosis until her last day.

"She slipped away peacefully this morning. I'd like to thank everyone for their kind support over the past year. It meant the world to Sarah and it gave her great strength and comfort to know she was loved.

"I know she won't want to be remembered for her fight against this terrible disease - she was a bright shining star and I hope that's how she can be remembered instead.- Marie x".

Friends told The Sun Sarah, who would have turned 40 in November, had passed away at home this morning.

A friend said: “Sarah slipped away with her family around her.

“She was very much loved.”

Tributes have already started flooding in from her showbiz pals.

TV star Fearne Cotton wrote: "Oh my gosh I’m so sorry to hear this. I’m sending your family so much love and strength.

"She was always kind and so much fun to be around. I’m very sorry for your loss. Prayers and love to you."

While Sheridan Smith said: "So sad. What a sweetheart she was. Life is too short!"

HEARTBREAKING DIAGNOSIS
Sarah shared the news of her diagnosis with her social media followers and fans last August.

From then on she kept them up to date with her progress and wrote about her experiences in Hear Me Out, which went on to be a bestseller.

In the book, Sarah wrote about reuniting with her Girls Aloud bandmates Cheryl Tweedy, Kimberley Walsh and Nadine Coyle and said they had become close again.

She also spoke candidly about her experience of living with cancer and told how she had almost died following a battle with sepsis while in hospital.

At the time she wrote: “I’m just grateful to wake up every day and live my best life, because now I know just how precious it is . . . nothing is certain any more.”

Sarah had thought chemotherapy was working until the secondary tumour destroyed her hopes.

CANCER TRAGEDY
She added: “The disease has worsened, as has my prognosis. This tumour is the thing that scares me more than anything because I think it will be the thing that affects me the most.

“I don’t know what it’s going to do, but it’s there. There’s an option for radiotherapy on my skull but I don’t want to go through that and lose my hair at this stage, especially with no guarantees at the end of it.

"It might seem vain thinking about my hair, but my thinking was that if there’s a chance I’ve only got six months, then I’ve got six months.

Losing my hair probably wasn’t going to change that, so if there’s another way to manage the disease or treat it, then let’s do that. I don’t want to feel like I have to spend whatever time I have left hiding away.”

Sarah also wrote about being told how the Christmas just past would be her last and explained she had asked doctors not to give her a time.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/16056487/sarah-harding-girls-aloud-dead-cancer/amp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by Goldbw122(m): 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2021
The rate people die now is so alarming.
God help us. Amen

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by illicit(m): 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2021
Oh I get it lipsrsealed

The world is ending right

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by HolinessForever: 3:23pm On Sep 05, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by Righteousness2(m): 3:33pm On Sep 05, 2021
Condolences to the Family of the young lady.

The Greatest lie from the Seat of satan is
" You are still too young, You Have Plenty of time to get right with GOD"

Listen Folks, if you are waiting till you get to a certain age or time before you get right with GOD, you are doing yourself.
Sudden Death could Happen to anyone at anytime.

Never ever let anything or anyone on this earth Deprive you of your Eternity in Heaven.
Hell is Real!
Heaven is Real!

114 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by Ogilinsaka: 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2021
This monster is bad. Rest in peace Sarah

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by chatinent: 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2021
Life is a mist.
Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by Greatzeus(m): 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2021
Cause we all go anyway, I'ma say goodbye today
Cause it could be any day, I'ma say goodbye today
We've grown in so many ways, but I'ma say goodbye today
Cause it could be any day, I'ma say goodbye today-ayayyyy....DMX( Say Goodbye).

8 Likes

Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by samuel051: 4:26pm On Sep 05, 2021
So any nigga wey don put dat boobs for mouth is already a living dead

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 6:34pm On Sep 05, 2021
Mehn that's life, may her soul rest in peace

4 Likes

Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by DenreleDave(m): 6:38pm On Sep 05, 2021
Many people wey I know know for the world sha..

Rest in peace
Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by tobeye(m): 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2021
May her soul rest well.

6 Likes

Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2021
What a sad news to read.

From all of us @[/b] : May Sarah's soul Rest in Perfect Peace.

To all our darling ladies out there,
Please, ALWAYS check your darling boobs for lumps.
The earlier the better.

[b]#WeDidOurPart.

samuel051:
So any nigga wey don put dat boobs for mouth is already a living dead
Why not keep silent and just read comments instead of embarrassing yourself laidis undecided
People sef

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by EmmaLege: 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2021
really sad news
Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by DropsMic(m): 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2021
We all gon die someday

Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by younglleo: 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2021
chai
Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by ChasinGood(m): 9:50pm On Sep 05, 2021
Rip
Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 05, 2021
Cancer is just too deadly
Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by akanbiaa(m): 9:50pm On Sep 05, 2021
RIP to her
Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by Memphitz357: 9:50pm On Sep 05, 2021
Cancer is a muthafucka!
That's why it's healthy to let guys suck on their titties once in a while. That sh!t helps fight breast cancer effectively.

6 Likes

Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by Shellsploit: 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2021
Death is inevitable..
Even our darling potato head can testify

3 Likes

Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by 24brains(m): 9:52pm On Sep 05, 2021
Cancer is a killer. But don't you think she caught the disease through breast and cleavage exposure? Just judging by the photos sha

1 Like

Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by Disagree37: 9:52pm On Sep 05, 2021
Gone too soon
Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by Dodgers68: 9:52pm On Sep 05, 2021
Buhari is a terrorist

3 Likes

Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:52pm On Sep 05, 2021
May her soul rest in peace.
Good night Sarah.
Re: Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) by pennywys(m): 9:52pm On Sep 05, 2021
cry
She was my course mate that year

May her soul rest in peace

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Regina Askia Has A Message For Nigerians Working In America. / 4999: Zlatan, Naira Marley, Don Jazzy, Wizkid, Bobrisky & Tekno Photoshopped / Nasera Love Kamara Shares Her Topless Photo Online. See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.