Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) (80437 Views)

Don Jazzy's Mother Is Dead (Pictures) / Breast Cancer: Sarah Harding Is Dead (Pictures) / Actress Chizoba Bosah Is Dead - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by Holiness2100: 1:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
The Wire' star, Michael K. Williams, 54, is found dead of suspected heroin overdose in his Brooklyn penthouse

The Wire star Michael K. Williams has been found dead of a suspected heroin overdose inside his luxury Brooklyn penthouse.

The 54-year-old was discovered unconscious and face-down in the living room of his Williamsburg apartment by his nephew on Monday afternoon, a law enforcement source told The New York Post.

A doorman subsequently called 911 claiming Williams was 'unresponsive' and 'felt cold'. Medics rushed to the scene, but declared the actor dead at 2:12pm.

Williams' nephew went around to the apartment complex to check up on the star, who reportedly hadn't been heard from in several days.

Heroin was said to be found on the star's kitchen table, and drug paraphernalia was allegedly discovered elsewhere in the apartment.

A police source told The Post: 'No foul play is indicated. [There was] no forced entry, and the apartment was in order.'

However, Staci DuPont, who is married to the nephew who found Williams' body, told DailyMail.com that she did not believe reports the death was drug related.

'That's not factual. We don't have anything more to say at this time,' she stated.

She went on to pay tribute to Williams, saying 'He meant everything to us. He was a wonderful, beautiful, loving person. He'd give you the shirt off his back. He was always there to help anybody who needed him, whether family or friends. It's a great loss to us.'

Williams was best known for his role in the hit HBO series The Wire, which ran from 2002 to 2008. However, he also won praise for his role in last year's drama, Lovecraft Country for which he is currently nominated for an Emmy Award for Best Supporting Actor.

The Emmys are scheduled to be held on September 19 - and Williams was a hot favorite to take home the gong.

Another of his nephews, Arvance Williams, told DailyMail.com that his famous uncle was excited about jetting to Los Angeles to attend the awards show in less than two weeks time.

'I was just with him. I just bought him some fabric so he can go to the Emmys, to put under his blazer. He just got nominated for an Emmy, and he was going to LA, so he was real excited about that,' Arvance Williams stated.

Williams shot to international fame playing gay stick-up man Omar Little in The Wire. President Barack Obama once described The Wire as his favorite show and Omar as his favorite character.

HBO released a statement following news of Williams death, which read: 'We are devastated to learn of the passing of Michael K. Williams, a member of the HBO family for more than 20 years. While the world is aware of his immense talents as an artist, we knew Michael as a dear friend who was beloved by all who had the privilege to work with him. We send our deepest condolences to his family for this immeasurable loss.'

Williams is survived by an adult son named Elijah.

The star was last linked to actress Tasha Smith, who last shared a snap of herself with Williams late last year.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9963685/amp/The-star-Wire-actor-Michael-K-Williams-dead-New-York-City-apartment.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by Holiness2100: 1:24pm On Sep 07, 2021

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 07, 2021
RIP OG
Never try to be like the Most High

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by Righteousness2(m): 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2021
Condolences to His Family!

You may Have all the Fame
You may Have all the Wealth
You may be this or you may be that,
But if you Don't Have JESUS Christ, all you are or you Have put together are Nothing .
If you Depart this Earth without JESUS, you have Wasted your life.

162 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by dacblogger: 1:57pm On Sep 07, 2021
Las Las,we will all die someday...
I can't wait for that day,suffer too much for this life abeg

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by Waakanda: 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hmmn... another one gone... RIP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by Raalsalghul: 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2021
Shit!

Rest in peace Michael Kenneth Williams.

1 Like

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by slawormiir: 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Rest in peace to a niggar....

To all my real niggarrrrs.....getting high is good...

But don't try to get high enough to become the most high

Because no matter the dope substance we take into our system.....we can never be the most high
Only jah(God) is the most high

133 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by Pussyassasin(m): 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
RIP
Meanwhile who else noticed that Righteousness always comments on holiness2100 posts?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
Heroin was said to be found on the star's kitchen table, and drug paraphernalia was allegedly discovered elsewhere in the apartment.
What a pity
May he Rest in peace.

SAY NO TO DRUGS guys.
It kills you before your time and bring tears to the eyes of your loving parents.
You know how much they love you aight?

So drop that drug habit NOW.
PEACE OUT ✌

Oluomo90:
O my God..., One of my favourites.. RIP to the dead
Oluomo, sorry for your loss.
It's so sad �

8 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by olatade(m): 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
I’m going to have to rewatch The Wire.

Loved him in Boardwalk E. Such sad news.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by Kaljart: 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
RIP to him

1 Like

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by Sonnobax15(m): 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2021
lipsrsealed
Say no to drugs.........

Them say highness dey give inspiration,but them forget say na wetin dey sweet guyman still dey kill am lipsrsealed

Slawormir,take note of this..............No single gain for highness.....The only benefit is that e go only dey help you dey cut your life span
short small small...

Rip to him..

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by salbis(m): 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
May his soul find rest with the Lord.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by Kingluqman(m): 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
Nigga dey do drug.. rest on if you wish to rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by Bvlgari: 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
Rip ma nigga...i loved the movies u stared in

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by Oluomo90(m): 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
O my God..., One of my favourites.. RIP to the dead

2 Likes

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by Whazar(m): 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
another man down
Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by BigDolph(m): 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2021
Rip bro

1 Like

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by Gullah: 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2021
Receive the life of Christ
There is no higher life
There is no greater life than in Jesus
A head full of information
Hand full of money without Jesus
Is an empty life
Only them that believe in Jesus
Have eternal life
Receive Jesus today

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by lalajnr(m): 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2021
I don't know y most of this celeb dey do drugs and be promoting indecent things for this world for naija here our celeb na go advise you to do yahoo and join cult self it's a big shame very big one

Them suppose to help to enlighten the masses

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by lolaxavier(m): 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2021
Phewwwwwww
Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by Justinlean02(m): 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2021
RIP Man

1 Like

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2021
nawaoooh RIp to him
Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by Flamees(m): 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ok

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by Ancecoker(m): 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
wink
Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by phazotron(m): 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
dacblogger:
Las Las,we will all die someday...
I can't wait for that day,suffer too much for this life abeg

Me too!

1 Like

Re: Michael K. Williams Found Dead (Pictures) by ipobarethieves: 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wentworth Miller 'Michael Scofield' Is Gay / Tacha: Why Teebillz And I Parted Ways / Lesbianism: Biodun Okeowo And Wura Gold Accuse Each Other [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.