Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Looking Back At The Rich Yoruba History Of Jos North In Plateau State. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Looking Back At The Rich Yoruba History Of Jos North In Plateau State. (256 Views)

Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead / 8 Insults My Yoruba Mother Would Land You Without Looking Back / Flood Sweeps Away Pregnant Woman, Kills Two Others In Plateau State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Looking Back At The Rich Yoruba History Of Jos North In Plateau State. by PROVERBZ(m): 8:50am On Sep 06, 2021
Even tho it does not seem like it anymore, but there used to be a small flourishing Yoruba community right at the center of Jos north.
Yoruba people started immigrating to Jos north the capital of plateau state as far back as the 1840s, Way back. Even before Igbo people started moving from the south east to Jos.

Of course they flourished, were successful. A little investigation by me and I was able to discover that a number of the early modern buildings in the heart of the city (around ahmadu Bello way, terminus) were and are still owned by Yoruba people whoses ancestors built them. For those of you who live in Jos north you would agree with me that that area serves as the central business district of the city.

So the question that should be asked that no one is asking right now is: Why does it seem like there weren't so many Yoruba people in the city of Jos like it used to be now adays? And the answer takes us back to November of the year 2008.

So what happened? I'm going to give detailed analysis of what happened for those. Who don't already know. Just leave a comment of follow the thread so that u get notified when I do.

1 Like

Re: Looking Back At The Rich Yoruba History Of Jos North In Plateau State. by duro4chang(m): 9:05pm On Oct 01, 2021
Dilimi used to be dominated by the yoruba but today hausa/fulani have chased/ killed the yoruba. Yoruba are no more there.

1 Like

Re: Looking Back At The Rich Yoruba History Of Jos North In Plateau State. by AlphaMogul: 8:50am On Oct 13, 2021
PROVERBZ:
Even tho it does not seem like it anymore, but there used to be a small flourishing Yoruba community right at the center of Jos north.
Yoruba people started immigrating to Jos north the capital of plateau state as far back as the 1840s, Way back. Even before Igbo people started moving from the south east to Jos.

Of course they flourished, were successful. A little investigation by me and I was able to discover that a number of the early modern buildings in the heart of the city (around ahmadu Bello way, terminus) were and are still owned by Yoruba people whoses ancestors built them. For those of you who live in Jos north you would agree with me that that area serves as the central business district of the city.

So the question that should be asked that no one is asking right now is: Why does it seem like there weren't so many Yoruba people in the city of Jos like it used to be now adays? And the answer takes us back to November of the year 2008.

So what happened? I'm going to give detailed analysis of what happened for those. Who don't already know. Just leave a comment of follow the thread so that u get notified when I do.

(1) (Reply)

Now Get 100% Genuine Duchi Leather Items & Accessories Online / Website Builder Reviews The Affiliate Genie Is Here / Remodeled Ikot Ekpene Hospital For Commissioning Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.