Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Bandit Crisis: Presidency Not On Same Page With Military - Shiekh Gumi Opens Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bandit Crisis: Presidency Not On Same Page With Military - Shiekh Gumi Opens Up (521 Views)

"Watch Your Utterances" - DSS Warns Shiekh Gumi, Others Over Mamu's Arrest / Shiekh Gumi: What IPOB, Sunday Igboho Have Done To Southern Nigeria / Sheik Gumi Opens Up On Buhari’s Mistakes, Atiku, Blood On Jonathan’s Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bandit Crisis: Presidency Not On Same Page With Military - Shiekh Gumi Opens Up by stephanie11: 9:28am On Sep 06, 2021
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

Islamic Cleric, Shiekh Ahmad Gumi has given some insight into why the Bandit/Killer Herdsmen crisis rocking the nation still persists.

Gumi, in a statement on Monday, seen by POLITICS NIGERIA disclosed that the Nigerian Presidency and the military were not 'on the same page' when it comes to handling insecurity in the country.

He wrote: "I have met many of the bandit leaders to see a way out of this gridlock. I have talked to the political class and security agents. Except for an exception, most state governors want a peaceful resolution of the conflict. The Police and other security outfits have also realised the enormity of the problem."

"But, unfortunately, the presidency for what appears to be political gullibility and the military for budgetary reasons as they are the most beneficiary of conflicts of this nature doesn’t seem to be on the same page.
This conflict can be resolved by active engagement of the government with the agitators."

"Just as we saw how ENDSAR agitation was swiftly managed after an initial scandalous failed military confrontation, was peacefully resolved by the government, likewise, the herdsmen crisis can be."

https://politicsnigeria.com/bandit-crisis-presidency-not-on-same-page-with-military-shiekh-gumi-opens-up/

Re: Bandit Crisis: Presidency Not On Same Page With Military - Shiekh Gumi Opens Up by PlayMaker14: 9:36am On Sep 06, 2021
I don't think this “revelation” is coming as a surprise to many sensible Nigerians.

The Presidency, just like a shy teenager deeply engrossed in love, have a soft spot for bandit and will go at anyone trying to clamp down on banditry.

It is quite sad that a morally bankrupt Sheikh Gumi is now seen as the mouthpiece of banditry affairs in the country and can give us detailed and secret information on how the Presidency and the military are not on the same page as regards Insecurity in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Bandit Crisis: Presidency Not On Same Page With Military - Shiekh Gumi Opens Up by Flyingngel(m): 9:59am On Sep 06, 2021
Gumi tried to curry favour from APC government by acting as a middle man in the Bandit- APC Government negotiation but when those ones bypass him, he now start saying thing the way it shld be.
This drama is unfolding slowly.
Re: Bandit Crisis: Presidency Not On Same Page With Military - Shiekh Gumi Opens Up by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 06, 2021
Oh wow.

Not Gumi comparing the EndSars protesters to bandits forghursake #facepalm
Re: Bandit Crisis: Presidency Not On Same Page With Military - Shiekh Gumi Opens Up by Valkrie: 10:22am On Sep 06, 2021
stephanie11:
POLITICSNIGERIA.COM

Islamic Cleric, Shiekh Ahmad Gumi has given some insight into why the Bandit/Killer Herdsmen crisis rocking the nation still persists.

Gumi, in a statement on Monday, seen by POLITICS NIGERIA disclosed that the Nigerian Presidency and the military were not 'on the same page' when it comes to handling insecurity in the country.

He wrote: "I have met many of the bandit leaders to see a way out of this gridlock. I have talked to the political class and security agents. Except for an exception, most state governors want a peaceful resolution of the conflict. The Police and other security outfits have also realised the enormity of the problem."

"But, unfortunately, the presidency for what appears to be political gullibility and the military for budgetary reasons as they are the most beneficiary of conflicts of this nature doesn’t seem to be on the same page.
This conflict can be resolved by active engagement of the government with the agitators."

"Just as we saw how ENDSAR agitation was swiftly managed after an initial scandalous failed military confrontation, was peacefully resolved by the government, likewise, the herdsmen crisis can be."

https://politicsnigeria.com/bandit-crisis-presidency-not-on-same-page-with-military-shiekh-gumi-opens-up/

The question people should be asking is what is really the conflict and what are they even agitating for?

What possibly could Tauregs and fulani criminals from Niger,Chad, Mali and elsewhere could be agitating for in Nigeria....?
Re: Bandit Crisis: Presidency Not On Same Page With Military - Shiekh Gumi Opens Up by Racoon(m): 10:38am On Sep 06, 2021
It will never be well with Gumi, military & presidency. They all got blood on their hands.
Re: Bandit Crisis: Presidency Not On Same Page With Military - Shiekh Gumi Opens Up by henkey: 11:27am On Sep 06, 2021
I keep hammering it, both Gumi, President, & Northern governors know every Information on how to crush the bandits. Rather given them hope on innocent citizens.
How can he compare Endears protest with bandits/kidnappers/murderer.
I felt for the innocent Southerners.

(1) (Reply)

Honourable Sunusi Mohammed C Decamped To PDP From APC, PDP NYA Rejoice / Dele Momodu:joining APC Will Not Be A Problem For Me,i Never Insult Buhari / Pro Buhari Solidarity Front Held Protest In New York for Nigeria Unity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.