Stats: 3,153,472 members, 7,819,719 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? (1719 Views)

Erotic Verses From The Bible / Explain These Bible Verses / Nairaland Christians Please Explain These Images. Don't Run Away. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by xproducer: 5:18pm On Sep 07, 2021
AntiChristian:

Abeg which has been fulfilled?

+++

Go do you own research... instead of asking these sort of unprofitable questions.
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by AntiChristian: 5:19pm On Sep 07, 2021
petra1:

its present continuos. It is not an event.

It seem you guys are just guessing. Some said it will happen on the Judgement day. Your opinion is different.
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by AntiChristian: 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
xproducer:

+++

Go do you own research... instead of asking these sort of unprofitable questions.

Give me expo as you get Holy spirit na!
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by petra1(m): 7:56pm On Sep 07, 2021
AntiChristian:

It seem you guys are just guessing. Some said it will happen on the Judgement day. Your opinion is different.

Its kicked into effect from the day jesus rose .

Matthew 28:18
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth

Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by AntiChristian: 8:08am On Sep 08, 2021
petra1:

Its kicked into effect from the day jesus rose .

Matthew 28:18
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth

So how have we non-Christians confess Jesus or bow our knees to him?
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by petra1(m): 8:17am On Sep 08, 2021
AntiChristian:

So how have we non-Christians confess Jesus or bow our knees to him?

Not referring literaryily to human but that all things are subject to the authority of his name . especially Spirits and situations

let everything "Hear ye him"

Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by Jafaar: 9:16pm On Sep 08, 2021
haekymbahd:
which of the lord is Jesus. .is it lord (Adonai) or LORD (Yahwe)
it is the same
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by haekymbahd(m): 11:07am On Sep 10, 2021
Jafaar:
it is the same
Psalm 110
1 THE LORD (God) says to my Lord (the Messiah), Sit at My right hand, until I make Your adversaries Your footstool.

You mean this 2 lord's means the same thing. Hope you know Yahwe was interpreted as The Lord when you see Lord without the definite article "the" does it also mean Yahwe?
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by AntiChristian: 12:15pm On Sep 10, 2021
haekymbahd:
Psalm 110
1 THE LORD (God) says to my Lord (the Messiah), Sit at My right hand, until I make Your adversaries Your footstool.

You mean this 2 lord's means the same thing. Hope you know Yahwe was interpreted as The Lord when you see Lord without the definite article "the" does it also mean Yahwe?

Jafaar is saying 1+1= 1.

Others will still say 1+1+1=1.

Na Christians mathematics we won't understand without the last 1 i.e. Holy Spirit.

Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by Kobojunkie: 5:02am On Jan 21, 2023
AntiChristian:
Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name above all names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord (Kyrios), to the glory of God (Theou) the Father.
Philippians 2:9-11
Will this happen in the future or it is happening at the moment? Every knee can never bow at the mention of Jesus's name! And every tongue will never confess that Jesus is Lord!
1. Jesus Christ has already been exalted to the highest place and given the name above all names. He has His own Kingdom and leads His own followers and sits at the right-hand side of God as we speak. undecided

■As for the part where every knee shall bow, that is to happen when He returns at the resurrection to raise the dead and reign over the entire earth with His multitude — every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that He is indeed Lord over all the earth and Heaven. undecided
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by Kobojunkie: 5:07am On Jan 21, 2023
inumidun2010:
■Well, THE MAD MAN OF GADARA ( Mark 5:1-20) who came in CONTACT with the LORD JESUS CHRIST should be the BEST PERSON TO EXPLAIN... The name JESUS CHRIST is not an appelation , it is an OFFICE embedded with POWER....That PORTION OF THE SCRIPTURE has BEEN FULFILLED and is stilll BEING FULFILLED...
ISAIAH 9:6-8
Isa.9.6 - For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isa.9.7 - Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

The Name of JESUS Is SUPER-ACTIVE in EVERY REALM cos by BY HIM all things were MADE....
John.1.3 - All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Isaiah 9 vs 6 - 8 has not yet to be fully fulfilled. verse 6 has been fulfilled but verses 7 - 8 have yet to be. undecided
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by Kobojunkie: 5:10am On Jan 21, 2023
inumidun2010:
Waoh, it is getting CLEARER... So all these ate meant to prove that JESUS Is INFERIOR to the FATHER right...I'm quite busy now.... I've got loads of SCRIPTURES to inform you that JESUS CHRIST is not INFERIOR to the father
1 John 5vs7
Jesus Christ is not necessary inferior to God, however, Jesus Christ did state that the Father is greater than He. So do not go debating that which is against the Gospel according to Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by Kobojunkie: 5:13am On Jan 21, 2023
haekymbahd:
which of the lord is Jesus.
.is it lord (Adonai) or LORD (Yahwe)
Jesus Christ is Jesus Christ. He is not YHWH — God's Law and Constitution for the State of Israel in the Land of Canaan, and He is not the Adonai. He is Jesus Christ — God's Law and Constitution in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by Kobojunkie: 5:15am On Jan 21, 2023
Jafaar:
it is the same
No, it isn't! undecided
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by Kobojunkie: 5:16am On Jan 21, 2023
haekymbahd:
Psalm 110 1 THE LORD (God) says to my Lord (the Messiah), Sit at My right hand, until I make Your adversaries Your footstool.

YHWH is God of Israel whereas Jesus Christ is Law in the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by AntiChristian: 5:52am On Jan 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Jesus Christ has already been exalted to the highest place and given the name above all names. He has His own Kingdom and leads His own followers and sits at the right-hand side of God as we speak. undecided
Did you saw him sit there? So who sits on the left side? And i thought Jesus is one with God yet they are separate on different seats!

■As for the part where every knee shall bow, that is to happen when He returns at the resurrection to raise the dead and reign over the entire earth with His multitude — every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that He is indeed Lord over all the earth and Heaven. undecided

This one is impossible future tense!
Jesus has never lorded anything and will never lord over the world till he dies.
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by Kobojunkie: 6:04am On Jan 21, 2023
AntiChristian:
■Did you saw him sit there? So who sits on the left side?
■And i thought Jesus is one with God yet they are separate on different seats!
■This one is impossible future tense! Jesus has never lorded anything and will never lord over the world till he dies.
1. Do I need to see Him sit there before I can acknowledge what He spoke of this in scripture? undecided

2. We already know well at this point that these things are not to be left to the imagination. According to scripture, We also learn of Jesus Christ that He is not God, the Father, and as such, your assumption is clearly of error. undecided

3. Maybe you confuse your quranic ideas of Jesus with the Jesus Christ who gave Law and mandate to His followers instead. Jesus Christ is the King of the Jews and Israelites to return and reign over all of the earth during the millennial reign. He will reign with an iron fist when He returns as He will preside over Israel abiding by the very same Constitution that God gave to the people through Moses. And as Isaiah made clear, He will not bend the law for any man even then. undecided
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by AntiChristian: 10:46am On Jan 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Do I need to see Him sit there before I can acknowledge what He spoke of this in scripture? undecided
Who sits on the left side, back side and front side?

2. We already know well at this point that these things are not to be left to the imagination. According to scripture, We also learn of Jesus Christ that He is not God, the Father, and as such, your assumption is clearly of error. undecided
Anyways, many Christians believe Jesus is God. A few like you believe otherwise. How is he one with God?

3. Maybe you confuse your quranic ideas of Jesus with the Jesus Christ who gave Law and mandate to His followers instead. Jesus Christ is the King of the Jews and Israelites to return and reign over all of the earth during the millennial reign. He will reign with an iron fist when He returns as He will preside over Israel abiding by the very same Constitution that God gave to the people through Moses. And as Isaiah made clear, He will not bend the law for any man even then. undecided
Which Israel? You mean the same Jewish Israel? Which iron fist, is he not the Prince of peace again? And then Did Isiah mention Jesus anywhere?
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Jan 21, 2023
AntiChristian:
■Who sits on the left side, back side and front side?
■Anyways, many Christians believe Jesus is God. A few like you believe otherwise. How is he one with God?
■Which Israel? You mean the same Jewish Israel? Which iron fist, is he not the Prince of peace again? And then Did Isiah mention Jesus anywhere?
1. No Idea! undecided

2. He is God, but He is not God the Father! YHWH is also God, but YHWH is not God the Father. undecided
https://www.nairaland.com/7110397/gospel-minddump#112519360

3. The term Jews are used to refer to those who are descended from the tribes of Benjamin, Judah, and Levi. Israel refers to even the Jews. Yes, even a Prince of Peace can reign with an Iron fist, and It is in Isaiah that He was dubbed Prince of Peace. undecided
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by AntiChristian: 5:22pm On Jan 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. No Idea! undecided
Alright. But the holy spirit should teach you everything.

2. He is God, but He is not God the Father! YHWH is also God, but YHWH is not God the Father. undecided
https://www.nairaland.com/7110397/gospel-minddump#112519360
How is he one with God? I never said he was God the father!

3. The term Jews are used for those who are descended from the tribes of Benjamin, Judah, and Levi. Israel refers to even the Jews. Yes, even a Prince of Peace can reign with an Iron fist, and It is in Isaiah that He was dubbed Him Prince of Peace. undecided
So who will rule Nigeria when Jesus comes?
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Jan 21, 2023
AntiChristian:
■ Alright. But the holy spirit should teach you everything.
■ How is he one with God? I never said he was God the father!
■ So who will rule Nigeria when Jesus comes?
1. If it matters that much to you, why not find and ask Him yourself? undecided

2. He cannot disagree with God or His Will, hence He is one with God— He is after all the Word out of God's mouth, God's Truth. undecided

3. Who cares? undecided
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by AntiChristian: 5:48pm On Jan 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. If it matters that much to you, why not find and ask Him yourself? undecided
I don't have access to him. You do right?

2. He cannot disagree with God or His Will, hence He is one with God— He is after all the Word out of God's mouth, God's Truth. undecided
So the oneness is not by being physically joined? How is Jesus the word of God coming out of His mouth? God spoke many other words are they also Jesus on thrones?

3. Who cares? undecided
Are you an Israelite or Jew? I need to know who rules Nigeria and by expansion Africa.
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Jan 21, 2023
AntiChristian:
■ I don't have access to him. You do right?
■ So the oneness is not by being physically joined? How is Jesus the word of God coming out of His mouth? God spoke many other words are they also Jesus on thrones?
■ Are you an Israelite or Jew? I need to know who rules Nigeria and by expansion Africa.
1. I have more pressing needs to deal with my access. So go get yours. undecided

2. Who gave you the idea that it was physical, to begin with? He is the Word out of God's mouth — every Word out of God's mouth is the Truth of God. undecided

3. Again, get your own access and ask Him about that which seems important to you. undecided
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by AntiChristian: 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I have more pressing needs to deal with my access. So go get yours. undecided

2. Who gave you the idea that it was physical, to begin with? He is the Word out of God's mouth — every Word out of God's mouth is the Truth of God. undecided

3. Again, get your own access and ask Him about that which seems important to you. undecided

Seems we are left with only 2 as 1 and 3 are not answerable to Christians without the consultation of the holy spirit!

Majority of Christians believe Jesus is one with God. And they've got proof from your scripture.

Jesus is the word of God out of God's mouth! God spoke many words!
How are the other words of God not many Jesuses on thrones?
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by Kobojunkie: 6:06pm On Jan 21, 2023
AntiChristian:
■ Seems we are left with only 2 as 1 and 3 are not answerable to Christians without the consultation of the holy spirit!
■ Majority of Christians believe Jesus is one with God. And they've got proof from your scripture.
■ Jesus is the word of God out of God's mouth! God spoke many words! How are the other words of God not many Jesuses on thrones?
1. undecided
2. And what proof from scripture is that? undecided

3. This isn't rocket science abeg! If every Word out of God's mouth is Jesus Christ, meaning there are no other words out of God's mouth, how can there exist other words of God that are not Jesus? undecided
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by AntiChristian: 8:56pm On Jan 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. undecided
2. And what proof from scripture is that? undecided
Jesus is Emmanuel. He said he is one with God. And John said the word is God.

3. This isn't rocket science abeg! If every Word out of God's mouth is Jesus Christ, meaning there are no other words out of God's mouth, how can there exist other words of God that are not Jesus? undecided
So how many Jesus Christ are on throne at the right side of God?
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On Jan 21, 2023
AntiChristian:
■ Jesus is Emmanuel. He said he is one with God. And John said the word is God.
■ So how many Jesus Christ are on throne at the right side of God?
1. That does not provide conclusive evidence for your claim Jesus Christ is the very same entity as the Father or even YHWH. undecided

2. You tell me because you are the one with the multiple Jesus idea. undecided
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by MightySparrow: 11:12pm On Jan 21, 2023
AntiChristian:

Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name above all names, [b]that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, [/b]in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord (Kyrios), to the glory of God (Theou) the Father.
Philippians 2:9-11

Will this happen in the future or it is happening at the moment?

Every knee can never bow at the mention of Jesus's name!

And every tongue will never confess that Jesus is Lord!

Both now and in future.
If you refuse to bow now, you will still do it in the future.
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by Rosemaiden(f): 1:55am On Jan 22, 2023
AntiChristian:

It's fulfilment is in phases. First the spirit beings now. It's already happening. Then, at the judgement, all knees bow.

`Isa will descend before the Day of Resurrection as a just ruler and fair judge. (Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Q. 43:61)

Tell me, who wouldn't bow to the Ruler of the whole world? And who wouldn't bow when pleading for mercy before the Judge of the whole earth?
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by AntiChristian: 8:28am On Jan 22, 2023
Rosemaiden:

It's fulfilment is in phases. First the spirit beings now. It's already happening. Then, at the judgement, all knees bow.

`Isa will descend before the Day of Resurrection as a just ruler and fair judge. (Tafsir Ibn Kathir, Q. 43:61)

Tell me, who wouldn't bow to the Ruler of the whole world? And who wouldn't bow when pleading for mercy before the Judge of the whole earth?

The tafsir you quote in half didn't say Isa would used the Qu'ran as his constitution, fight the Christians who said he died on the cross and destroy the pig?

Why are all your opinions different if you're truthful?
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by AntiChristian: 8:30am On Jan 22, 2023
MightySparrow:

Both now and in future.
If you refuse to bow now, you will still do it in the future.

This is false! No one will bow!
Re: Who Can Explain These Verses From Paul In His Letters To The Phillipians? by orisa37: 8:35am On Jan 22, 2023
He is just ignorant.

To Believe Is To Doubt! / A Call For Prayer For These Nairalanders- Huxley, Nimshi, Krayola Etc: / Oyedepo:i Owe Noboby Explanation On Yardua's Visit

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64