Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals (29535 Views)

Kubiat Akpan's Lawyer Blames Police For His Torture and Death / Autopsy Reveals Uwa Was Raped As A Virgin - Edo Attorney General / Chima Ikwunado’s Tortured Body For Autopsy As Police Release Corpse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:16pm On Sep 06, 2021
The autopsy report invalidates the claim by the police that the student died of illness.

Preliminary report from an autopsy conducted on Monday has revealed that a university student who died in police custody in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria’s South-south, was tortured.

Kubiat Akpan, 28, a fresh graduate of architecture, University of Uyo, was arrested by the police on August 29, while he was sitting out with some friends at a popular store in Uyo.

He was reported dead some hours later, tortured by some police officers, his lawyer, Inibehe Effiong, said.

The autopsy report invalidates the claim by the police that the student died of illness.

“The suspect (Mr Akpan) said he was sick. He was taken to the police clinic for treatment but gave up the ghost in the process,” the police spokesperson in Akwa Ibom State, Odiko MacDon, said in the statement on Saturday.

Mr MacDon said the late student was being investigated for robbery and cultism, a claim the lawyer, Mr Effiong, said was false.

A pathologist with the University of Uyo Teaching Hospital, who performed the autopsy, said there were visible bruises on the body which indicated torture.

A PREMIUM TIMES reporter witnessed the autopsy.

The lawyer, Mr Effiong, including an investigating police officer, Udeme Ebong, as well as a man identified as Ene Inyang, said to be an uncle to the late student, were present during the autopsy.

“There are signs of torture on this body, not one, not two. There are also signs of blunt head injury. Someone can have a blunt head injury from an accident, whereas the injuries here are torture-related,” he said pointing at the bruises on the victim’s left arm.

From the mortuary’s record book, sighted by a PREMIUM TIMES reporter, the police team who deposited the corpse lied to the mortuary attendant that the student died in Nsit Ubium, a local government area outside of Uyo where the student actually died.

The attendant said the men who brought the corpse did not identify themselves as police officers.

“It was the next day that some people who said they were from the police came to take photographs of the corpse,” he said.

Mr Effiong had said on Saturday that it was irresponsible for the police spokesperson, Mr MacDon to accuse late Mr Akpan of being a robbery suspect.

“The statement by Odiko MacDon, as far as I am concerned, must have been issued under the influence of alcohol,” he told PREMIUM TIMES.

There was never a case of armed robbery or cultism against the deceased at any time.

“This was just a young boy who was picked up randomly by the police for reasons they are yet to disclose to us, taken into custody and tortured to death,” the lawyer added.

The Nigerian police, over the years, have become notorious for torture and extra-judicial killing, one of the underlying problems that led to the historic #EndSars protest across Nigeria last year.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/483404-nigerian-student-who-died-in-police-custody-was-tortured-autopsy-reveals.html

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by Bola146(f): 9:16pm On Sep 06, 2021
cry And people are just relaxed marrying these killers They killed innocent and glorious children of someone else and they want to see their children doing good? God forbid!!!!! These killers are already cursed!!!! All their wives should go into serious prayers because karma is a bitch!!!! The woman they killed her child can't pray for them, never!! Useless people in uniforms undecided

170 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by Lifetime01: 9:17pm On Sep 06, 2021
Too bad

4 Likes

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 06, 2021
This is d reason I don't pity any policeman killed by civilians. My annoyance is not just the killing, but the cover up lies by the police that he was sick, and was under investigation for possible cultism, armed robbery. From now on I support killings of policemen by u.g.m 100%

154 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by Treasure17(m): 9:20pm On Sep 06, 2021
Believe the Nigerian police at your own peril. Sad one.

82 Likes

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by slawormiir: 9:22pm On Sep 06, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Too bad....

I don't know if it is possible to disband the Nigeria police force

Because with the way things are going now....I think disband is the only solution

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by Nwodosis(m): 9:24pm On Sep 06, 2021
Being alive in Nigeria is a great testimony!

45 Likes

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by Humanoid01(m): 9:27pm On Sep 06, 2021
This country is a shame to human existence. Imagine the stupid lie that yeye police spokesman told to cover their unprofessionalism and inhumanity.

“The suspect (Mr Akpan) said he was sick. He was taken to the police clinic for treatment but gave up the ghost in the process”

Can you imagine the hogwash?

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by Totilopussylick(m): 9:55pm On Sep 06, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Too bad....

Because with the way things are going now....I think disband is the only solution
Without the police, it would have been worst.

Even though the bad egg among them makes it look like it bad which is common world wide.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:57pm On Sep 06, 2021
Totilopussylick:
Without the police, it would have been worst.

Even though the bad egg among them makes it look like it bad which is common world wide.
the bad egg's ate the majority,it seems if one join the police there's this demonic blood the inject them with

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by Enoch07: 10:07pm On Sep 06, 2021
He was just one of the hundreds of unlucky Nigerians our police have sent to their early grave. Sad

6 Likes

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by Enoch07: 10:09pm On Sep 06, 2021
Cokahot:
With that kind of beards,dressings,he must have also been a yahoo boy on code and probably the npf nailed him with evidence on his phone or refuse to open his phone and got tortured. Why pass through all that stress when you can but your way out eve if it's 3k,5k,10k. Police will let you go,I just cant imagine myself keeping such beards under buhari regime
Wetin the beards do you?

46 Likes

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by Cokahot: 10:11pm On Sep 06, 2021
Npf main magnet
Enoch07:

Wetin the beards do you?
Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by Ebije1(m): 10:29pm On Sep 06, 2021
Cokahot:
With that kind of beards,dressings,he must have also been a yahoo boy on code and probably the npf nailed him with evidence on his phone or refuse to open his phone and got tortured. Why pass through all that stress when you can but your way out eve if it's 3k,5k,10k. Police will let you go,I just cant imagine myself keeping such beards under buhari regime
stop your assumptions, it is the lowest level of knowledge. Too bad the dead can't speak and there's no justification in torturing someone 'to death'

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by TarOrfeeek: 11:06pm On Sep 06, 2021
Whatever evil we committed to deserve the NPF God should please forgive us.

The level of stupidity and barbarity they display is only rivalled by the Department of State Stupidity.

In this instance they have cut short a human being on the suspicion of theft or armed robbery.

The NPF has never cut short a Fulani Bandits life on the suspicion of their numerous murders.

19 Likes

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by Richy4(m): 11:34pm On Sep 06, 2021
Sorry buddy, It's unfortunate that they ended your life just like that..

I don't even know if someone somewhere will demand for justice on your behalf... in case they don't, They said dead people have power to torment... make your own torment grand... Do not sleep... please torment whoever that was responsible for your death.. make sure they know no peace... take cutlass, hoes, rake, hammer .. what ever equipment/implement U can lay your hands on.. embarrass them daily with epilepsy..., Use hammer, give them daily ST Nickolas hospital migraine ... God!! I'm so angry right now sad...

10 Likes

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by Crenzywilliams(m): 3:29am On Sep 07, 2021
Fish out all the officers involved and try them for murder, I think another endsars 2.0 is slowly loading, and it's time, it's going to be crazy.

12 Likes

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by money121(m): 5:34am On Sep 07, 2021
R.ip
Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by Jestin: 5:34am On Sep 07, 2021
Nigeria police force is the Taliban group we have in the county.

1 Like

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by Nobody: 5:36am On Sep 07, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Too bad....

1.Police abuse is a common thing in many police forces worldwide. Police personnel are not angels or strange beings...they are humans, capable of good and evil in equal measure.

2.What should be done is to investigate the case, and punish erring officers. (As has been done in some recent cases)

3.We could also pass laws that reform the way policemen and women are chosen, and spend more on training, etc. Also, we could get some more money on things like accurate records, etc.

4.We scrap the police force, and we end up creating .....what? Where would we get new policemen and women from? That's right...the same source we got the old policemen and women from

8 Likes

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by Obyangel: 5:36am On Sep 07, 2021
RIP bro, your only crime is being a Nigerian. No respect for human life, let justice take place.

1 Like

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by geesilver(m): 5:36am On Sep 07, 2021
I don't know if it's a generational curses police they never change their ways....... A lot of innocent victims died in their custodies what they would claim most is either a thief or cultist.

3 Likes

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by ALABACONNECT(m): 5:36am On Sep 07, 2021
Just sad sad
Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by GboyegaD(m): 5:37am On Sep 07, 2021
Those who are trying to cover up for this crime will regret it someday in the future.

2 Likes

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by Oysters(m): 5:38am On Sep 07, 2021
That police station should be razed to the ground

1 Like

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by Sunnybay7: 5:38am On Sep 07, 2021
Police is not your friend.

2 Likes

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:39am On Sep 07, 2021
A student that was sick was taken to police clinic and not hospital is a wicked lie.
They should be brought for trial and arraigned for murder but the police spokesman is preventing this from happening.

6 Likes

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by Ubongikouwem: 5:40am On Sep 07, 2021
And we are quite. Curse be upon the people involved, curse be upon the Nigerian police. May their lives, destiny and aspirations ends upruptly . ..

5 Likes

Re: Kubiat Akpan Who Died In Police Custody Was Tortured, Autopsy Reveals by lebienconnu: 5:41am On Sep 07, 2021
I am uncontrollably getting mad as i am typing this. It is high we went totally spiritual on these stupid murderers. They are not different from killer herdsmen or bandits although legalized. Let the station where he died burn. Let the head of the DPO and his wicked minnions roll.

May they not know peace for the rest of their lives. They accused, tried and executed him. May they not get justice for the rest of their stay on earth.

Ahh,

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

meth: Umudioka, Anambra Bans The Sales & Consumption Of Illicit Drugs / Young Man Murdered In Calabar And Dumped On The Road (Graphic Photos) / How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.