Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,074 members, 7,957,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:40 AM

Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal (23583 Views)

If Employers Do Not Remove Tax From Source, Would You Pay / 7 Offensive Things Employers Do / What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by valETA1(m): 11:33pm On Sep 06, 2021
What a principal did to me in her school.
It was all rainy, as I stepped out to submit my long postponed application at a school I've always wanted to work for, if I should ever decide to go teach.

Undoubtedly one of the best secondary schools in my city of residence, from structures to school facilities and staff remuneration, I'll be very careful not to mention name. I made sure I stepped out like a responsible person, in character and in learning. On reaching the school premises, I met a staff who directed me to where I can do the submission and subsequently write my name in the register.

As I was about leaving, I saw a long time class mate, who happened to b a staff of the institution, the last time I saw that guy was in Jss3, so came the normal tradition of greeting a long time pal, exchanging pleasantries in happiness. Unfortunately the Principal who happens to be d owner of the school came out and met us discussing, what then transpired, no one will want such as an experience I'll still share it anyway...
The principal looking very angered came at us, pointed at me, asking who I was, that am discussing with her staff inside the school while he was on duty. (Pls...not that school have resumed o).

She then threw a lot of questions at me, after I told her my motive there. Like where and how I knew my class mate that am sharing the same hair cut which she's always against and have warned him about( my hair cut is a low afro-style,cut, not the long type). she asked abt my type of qualification if its HND or BSC, I replied BSC which according to her still gave me opportunity to borrow more time in d premise. She then demanded she look into my CV. after glancing thru, that's how my interview started, she then requested a Geography question templates from her office.

If they actually told me interview was the day, to be honest, I would av disobliged, thinking am not ready. But at that point I was consumed with anger, I wanted proving to her that though hunger is real in this administration, but it doesn't take away brains. To the best of my knowledge I replied correctly like 95% of her questions, all thanks to their mediocre kind of Geography questions, except the ones I even had to correct them about.

The most annoying thing here is her manner and tone of communication, very disgusting, disrespectful and filled with hate. As if I came to beg. The last straw was, after defeating her question she then brough a map work, and refused giving me a common material like ruler. It was then I told her its not possible.

As I expected she'll fix a date for it so I can come with my tools, for God's sake I came just to submit my application. It was then she started saying a whole lot, that pple like me,just like most of her staffs can't and won't last with her for 2months. Why should I discuss in official hour, (when school haven't resumed, no teaching whatsoever going on). So I demanded she gave me back my file which had my Application letter, CV and photocopied documents in it and left.

My question are these: Employers pls... why do you advertise for workers when actually u]you are sure you don't want to employ.

Why do u think its a favour u do to pple when employing

Did u not start somewhere b4 ur present status.

I must confess, this is an establishment i've loved, still loves and will love to work with if given opporunity, even after the mishap, bt Its a pity I had to witness such, I don't know if to call it ill-luck, BT the scenario have risen the hate in me towards serving sm1, to see, the best in self development in d midst of mediocre/no jobs. I am sad.

137 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by Yobii(m): 11:48pm On Sep 06, 2021
Much empathy from here while reading through...

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by emorse(m): 12:18am On Sep 07, 2021
The harsh economy has made demigods out of some ***holes. Thankfully though, not all employers are like that.

112 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by Freestainworld(m): 1:23am On Sep 07, 2021
Take heart, that is why I may never work for anyone again

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by mignone(f): 1:44am On Sep 07, 2021
Anyway, I'll say it's a life lesson to you. Remember this when tables turn cos many of such people were once in your shoes.

129 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by valETA1(m): 6:49am On Sep 07, 2021
emorse:
The harsh economy has made demigods out of some ***holes. Thankfully though, not all employers are like that.

I think it has nothing to do with harsh economy, I think these set of pple are arrogant, and have been that way from time immemorial.
I truly believe not all r d same though

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by 5ThChild: 8:32am On Sep 07, 2021
Op valETA1 space your content into 3 or 4 sentences per paragraph. This will aid people willing to read the article no matter how long it is.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by siofra(f): 8:47am On Sep 07, 2021
This is unacceptable.

That woman is mean, you should be happy you're not going to work under someone like that.

You don dodge bullet.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by phemmyfour: 9:19am On Sep 07, 2021
That's naija for you. That's why all those articles on 101 ways to impress your interviewers doesn't work here

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by amiibaby(f): 9:20am On Sep 07, 2021
Hmmm I wish u success in ur job search

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by chii8(f): 9:26am On Sep 07, 2021
Most times, private school owners feels they are doing you a favour, they want you to worship them and freeze at any time they appear.Mind you, you may even be more qualified than them.The country have no known association that appears to fight for the rights of private school teachers.....

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by world123: 9:46am On Sep 07, 2021
Most organisations do not want to employ someone who already has a an existing relationship with a staff. So next time, when see somebody you know at a place you intend to work, please look away. Don't even behave like you know them if you really want the job.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by Ramanto(m): 11:16am On Sep 07, 2021
These schools are always beautiful from afar. You will get fed up after a month of working with them

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by Richy4(m): 12:17pm On Sep 07, 2021
She got attitude problems... Don't let her disgusting behaviour prevent you from looking elsewhere man, U will get something better than what they have to offer you over there..

Her children will soon search for a job someday, Imagine one of her own coming back to her and reported that someone did this same thing to him/her... some people will never think of Tommorow, she feels that she has arrived...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by ipobarethieves: 1:01pm On Sep 07, 2021
sad sad She's the owner of the school,no wonder.That's how they behave.Even Ur friend that supposed introduced u proper to the mama nah Dunc* aka Sule sad..The mama prefer dumb teacher she go control/press like remote.If u dey Lagos pm me make I take u go chrisland college, Lekki/ the Ambassadors,OTA.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by millionboi(m): 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
Fp 4sale,who go buy
Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by CelestineNelson: 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2021
Humble your self and go back there...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by szczescie(m): 1:04pm On Sep 07, 2021
Pride and lack of sense

Many Nigerians are too proud of whatever they think they have, they are proud of their ignorance, proud of their religion or denomination, proud of their tribe, proud of their good for nothing children, proud of their cheap clothes. Things you did nothing to get. You were just born and found yourself in that tribe, in that religion, in that poor, rich or middle class family.

So they look down on everybody and everything.

And they think Anybody richer than me is an oloshow, ritualist or yahoo boy depending on the person's age or gender While anybody poorer than me is God that is punishing them for their evil or they are just lazy and not smart that's why they are poor.

That's the bad attitude we Nigerians have. That's why we are the way we are.
We act like serving someone in your shop is doing them a favour, employing someone to work FOR YOU is doing them a favour.

We have ZERO quality customer service, "madam if you no wan buy dey go abeg".

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by superCleanworks(m): 1:04pm On Sep 07, 2021
This is one of the nicest ones you will meet out there.
I hope you never get to meet the ones she is far better than.

there are many employers out there with twisted anti-social minds.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by MadeinAso: 1:04pm On Sep 07, 2021
world123:
Most organisations do not want to employ someone who already has a an existing relationship with a staff. So next time, when see somebody you know at a place you intend to work, please look away. Don't even behave like you know them if you really want the job.
True

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by Offpoint1: 1:04pm On Sep 07, 2021
The lack of jobs in the country has made employers God, they believe they're doing you favour working.

Few days ago I read about low turn up of employees in America. There are job vacancies, but no applicants... While it's the opposite in Nigeria.

While, get this beautiful emoji footwear for just 3k only...

Send a WhatsApp message via the number on my signature/profile.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by money121(m): 1:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ok
Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by Tokskob2008: 1:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
Situation in the country is making the slightly favoured and well to do misbehave badly. My former boss said I should choose between my mum and the job just because a call from my her came in while he was addressing we the staffs, a job of less than 20k a month o. Well I told him right there in the midst of everyone how stupid he sounds, collected my money and left his stupid school..

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by GboyegaD(m): 1:06pm On Sep 07, 2021
Because many have made them feel they are doing them a favor by employing them. Besides, in some cases, the adverts are for formalities.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by kevoh(m): 1:06pm On Sep 07, 2021
OP, biko find one of these online tutoring websites where you can teach and help (foreign) students with Geography homework and get paid in dollars! Master GIS and start doing freelance jobs for people!
Don't let wicked Nigerian school principals and other employers frustrate you with their wickedness! angry angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by pedrilo: 1:07pm On Sep 07, 2021
The nigerian employer of labour is a mini god on earth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by Authoreety: 1:09pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ask

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Major Mistakes Graduates Make In Their First Job Interviews / Architect Loses A N3.5m Job For Being A Buhari Supporter / Meet Osahon Ewansiha Hired By Prestofresco In Italy For Preventing Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.