Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:24 AM

Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal (23574 Views)

If Employers Do Not Remove Tax From Source, Would You Pay / 7 Offensive Things Employers Do / What Happened After I Removed The Lies From My CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by AmuRubber(m): 7:08pm On Sep 07, 2021
VTJN:
Thank you for your input
You're welcome, buddy!
Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by tiger28: 7:14pm On Sep 07, 2021
valETA1:
What a principal did to me in her school.
It was all rainy, as I stepped out to submit my long postponed application at a school I've always wanted to work for, if I should ever decide to go teach.

Undoubtedly one of the best secondary schools in my city of residence, from structures to school facilities and staff remuneration, I'll be very careful not to mention name. I made sure I stepped out like a responsible person, in character and in learning. On reaching the school premises, I met a staff who directed me to where I can do the submission and subsequently write my name in the register.

As I was about leaving, I saw a long time class mate, who happened to b a staff of the institution, the last time I saw that guy was in Jss3, so came the normal tradition of greeting a long time pal, exchanging pleasantries in happiness. Unfortunately the Principal who happens to be d owner of the school came out and met us discussing, what then transpired, no one will want such as an experience I'll still share it anyway...
The principal looking very angered came at us, pointed at me, asking who I was, that am discussing with her staff inside the school while he was on duty. (Pls...not that school have resumed o).

She then threw a lot of questions at me, after I told her my motive there. Like where and how I knew my class mate that am sharing the same hair cut which she's always against and have warned him about( my hair cut is a low afro-style,cut, not the long type). she asked abt my type of qualification if its HND or BSC, I replied BSC which according to her still gave me opportunity to borrow more time in d premise. She then demanded she look into my CV. after glancing thru, that's how my interview started, she then requested a Geography question templates from her office.

If they actually told me interview was the day, to be honest, I would av disobliged, thinking am not ready. But at that point I was consumed with anger, I wanted proving to her that though hunger is real in this administration, but it doesn't take away brains. To the best of my knowledge I replied correctly like 95% of her questions, all thanks to their mediocre kind of Geography questions, except the ones I even had to correct them about.

The most annoying thing here is her manner and tone of communication, very disgusting, disrespectful and filled with hate. As if I came to beg. The last straw was, after defeating her question she then brough a map work, and refused giving me a common material like ruler. It was then I told her its not possible.

As I expected she'll fix a date for it so I can come with my tools, for God's sake I came just to submit my application. It was then she started saying a whole lot, that pple like me,just like most of her staffs can't and won't last with her for 2months. Why should I discuss in official hour, (when school haven't resumed, no teaching whatsoever going on). So I demanded she gave me back my file which had my Application letter, CV and photocopied documents in it and left.

My question are these: Employers pls... why do you advertise for workers when actually u]you are sure you don't want to employ.

Why do u think its a favour u do to pple when employing

Did u not start somewhere b4 ur present status.

I must confess, this is an establishment i've loved, still loves and will love to work with if given opporunity, even after the mishap, bt Its a pity I had to witness such, I don't know if to call it ill-luck, BT the scenario have risen the hate in me towards serving sm1, to see, the best in self development in d midst of mediocre/no jobs. I am sad.
I would have left because if this is her attitude NOW, imagine how it will be when you school resumes and you are working there.....call her bluff!. I actually got a job by calling their bluff (seriously) when midway thru the interview ,I told them to stop the interview because with their demeaning attitude Now, I wouldn't want to work for them. The Owner was very impressed with my confidence of standing up for myself and called me back to apologize. He said that's the type of guy he wants .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by zedegit: 7:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
valETA1:
What a principal did to me in her school.
It was all rainy, as I stepped out to submit my long postponed application at a school I've always wanted to work for, if I should ever decide to go teach.

Undoubtedly one of the best secondary schools in my city of residence, from structures to school facilities and staff remuneration, I'll be very careful not to mention name. I made sure I stepped out like a responsible person, in character and in learning. On reaching the school premises, I met a staff who directed me to where I can do the submission and subsequently write my name in the register.

As I was about leaving, I saw a long time class mate, who happened to b a staff of the institution, the last time I saw that guy was in Jss3, so came the normal tradition of greeting a long time pal, exchanging pleasantries in happiness. Unfortunately the Principal who happens to be d owner of the school came out and met us discussing, what then transpired, no one will want such as an experience I'll still share it anyway...
The principal looking very angered came at us, pointed at me, asking who I was, that am discussing with her staff inside the school while he was on duty. (Pls...not that school have resumed o).

She then threw a lot of questions at me, after I told her my motive there. Like where and how I knew my class mate that am sharing the same hair cut which she's always against and have warned him about( my hair cut is a low afro-style,cut, not the long type). she asked abt my type of qualification if its HND or BSC, I replied BSC which according to her still gave me opportunity to borrow more time in d premise. She then demanded she look into my CV. after glancing thru, that's how my interview started, she then requested a Geography question templates from her office.

If they actually told me interview was the day, to be honest, I would av disobliged, thinking am not ready. But at that point I was consumed with anger, I wanted proving to her that though hunger is real in this administration, but it doesn't take away brains. To the best of my knowledge I replied correctly like 95% of her questions, all thanks to their mediocre kind of Geography questions, except the ones I even had to correct them about.

The most annoying thing here is her manner and tone of communication, very disgusting, disrespectful and filled with hate. As if I came to beg. The last straw was, after defeating her question she then brough a map work, and refused giving me a common material like ruler. It was then I told her its not possible.

As I expected she'll fix a date for it so I can come with my tools, for God's sake I came just to submit my application. It was then she started saying a whole lot, that pple like me,just like most of her staffs can't and won't last with her for 2months. Why should I discuss in official hour, (when school haven't resumed, no teaching whatsoever going on). So I demanded she gave me back my file which had my Application letter, CV and photocopied documents in it and left.

My question are these: Employers pls... why do you advertise for workers when actually u]you are sure you don't want to employ.

Why do u think its a favour u do to pple when employing

Did u not start somewhere b4 ur present status.

I must confess, this is an establishment i've loved, still loves and will love to work with if given opporunity, even after the mishap, bt Its a pity I had to witness such, I don't know if to call it ill-luck, BT the scenario have risen the hate in me towards serving sm1, to see, the best in self development in d midst of mediocre/no jobs. I am sad.

Seriously I rejected a job offer due to same air of arrogance. I hate nonsense. They were surprised as we knew I had 100% chance of landing the job, another reason was they demand so much from their staff.
It's like you sold yourself to them for #45k monthly payment.
Your time is theirs to use as they please. Work environment is so tense.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by Oktane: 7:33pm On Sep 07, 2021
descarado:

Don't mind these people.
Na the leaders of tomorrow.

How dare you answer your phone when your boss is briefing.
Very haughty people.
See the problem with Nigeria?

Don't worry,just wait for his further response and you will have a clear picture of his true character trait.
Our individulal qualities can never be truly hidden even when we are on anonymous platform.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by derbykol(f): 8:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
Blackfriday:
Not all private establishment....am proud to say I work with an organization that has one of the best people culture.
Congrats
Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by FakeUnity: 8:51pm On Sep 07, 2021
This country is gone for good, if any of my kids refuse to read a professional course like I did. I'm disowning that kid right there.
Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by labelle123(f): 8:56pm On Sep 07, 2021
That's a typical behavior of an employer
Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by olamoses75(m): 9:15pm On Sep 07, 2021
Unfortunately, you will still repeat that shit when you become a CEO. This is what I saw!
Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by valETA1(m): 9:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
siofra:
This is unacceptable.

That woman is mean, you should be happy you're not going to work under someone like that.

You don dodge bullet.

As simple and easy as its sounds dodging a bullet, hard letting go

1 Like

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by valETA1(m): 9:27pm On Sep 07, 2021
world123:
Most organisations do not want to employ someone who already has a an existing relationship with a staff. So next time, when see somebody you know at a place you intend to work, please look away. Don't even behave like you know them if you really want the job.

Thanks, I've seriously learn
Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by valETA1(m): 9:38pm On Sep 07, 2021
kevoh:
OP, biko find one of these online tutoring websites where you can teach and help (foreign) students with Geography homework and get paid in dollars! Master GIS and start doing freelance jobs for people!
Don't let wicked Nigerian school principals and other employers frustrate you with their wickedness! angry angry

Thank you for this piece. But pls... How can I go abt it ? Can I email u ?
Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by valETA1(m): 10:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ruggman:
" I collected my CV and worked away", clap for yourself , You have gotten the job you so much crave for.
You lack humility and courtesy, you only told everything bad about her and you an angel.
Whenever I come across people who easily condemn and find fualt with other people, I always treat them with caution.
The woman's action could be a way of testing your manners, temperament and character as a would be role model and teacher of kids who are impressionable and copycats and you failed from the first word.
Ask yourself if the woman is that bad how come she is running a highly successful business that you envy and wish to work for.
You woefully failed the interview, you must change your manners to qualify to teach and mould young lives.

Because i haven't told u that my long time pal works there as a security ! Am convinced she prepared dishing me out like she consistently does to the guy.
I've also told u if I had an HND I wouldnt av even dared come close to her as confirmed by her very self. Now tell me who's arrogant ? I'll rather wait nature brings what's due me.
For all i care i took d only thing that belonged to me there; my hardearned document.
I was just forewarned, I can never be forearmed.
Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by Hassanmaye(m): 10:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
Tokskob2008:
Situation in the country is making the slightly favoured and well to do misbehave badly. My former boss said I should choose between my mum and the job just because a call from my her came in while he was addressing we the staffs, a job of less than 20k a month o. Well I told him right there in the midst of everyone how stupid he sounds, collected my money and left his stupid school..
Wow God bless you sir
Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by Hassanmaye(m): 10:46pm On Sep 07, 2021
humilitypays:
This is not common with all employers, it is most common with Nigerian female employers and in fact black female employers in general.

I am an employer myself and I give utmost respect to even the cleaner because I believe tomorrow is bigger than anybody. IBB wouldn't have believed that many years later, Terrorist Buhari will become President while he is bed ridden.

OBJ couldn't have believed same.

It is mostly female bosses that show the worst form of attitude to their subordinates and staffs, especially black women, and more rampant among Nigerian women.

This does not absolve Nigerian male employers of being rude to employees, but it is more common among female bosses, when they manage to succeed in life, they become too proud and wicked in heart, the reason for this I don't know.

The worst person to work for in life is a black female boss, you will experience hell on earth. Very wicked creatures.

Sometimes when I observe how my admin officer relates with the rest of the staffs below her, I just shake my head and wonder why Nigerian women are naturally wicked once they feel they are better than others.

Same applies to Nigerian ladies that manage to marry rich men.
What you said is true that gender and wahala, most of them find themselves in good position because of men stupid gender, 99% women got Rich through a Man, either divorce, marriage, or something or family, but that gender work hard and succeed lie lie

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by Hassanmaye(m): 10:47pm On Sep 07, 2021
emonis88:
Well from ur description , the person is a female, I m always weary when doing anything with a female, especially if she holds all d cards, n u r a male. U go hear am.
That gender
Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by 77star: 2:10am On Sep 08, 2021
different comments with different lessons
Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by 77star: 2:26am On Sep 08, 2021
tosinhtml:

Spot on, I went to an Interview where I surprisingly saw my former lecturer at Technical School as one of my Interviewers . He and other seniors interviewed me, I just looked away as if I have never seen him before. Answered all his questions with straight face and seriousness.

I called his phone later greeting him & we laughed, he told me "Boy you are wise" grin
Mehn, this life grin grin grin

wisdom is a must have wink wink wink
Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 09, 2021
placeofallure:
OP, sorry about this. Everything good will come.

This is nothing about the situation of the country. This particular woman is just plain ill-mannered, arrogant and bossy. There's nothing you'll ever do to satisfy such people. They're just difficult by nature.

I work in a private school, I earn 6 figures: it may seem much considering our mentality but you will earn the money. The school is not owned by one person, it's owned by a group of people so no one person can exactly victimise you. The School director, an employee herself, is a grand witch from Oz but I showed her craze. I know my onions, I'm good at what I do, I am thorough and dutiful, highly resourceful. I can't be all of that then you will still witch-hunt me on top. She doesn't like you to look good. That's my offence. She even said it to my face, that here no be bank, imagine! But as soon as I know that she couldn't single handedly sack me, Oh!!!! Even my immediate boss, I dey hold him to ransom anytime he misbehaves.

I like the fact that you collected your documents. Don't ever take shit from anyone. Once you take it, the cycle never breaks. A better opportunity will come.

Omo It's like go to work everyday preparing for indabosky!

Besides, why is school director beefing your looks, isn't she supposed to also look really posh as a director herself. She has money as she earns more, so why can't she buy new clothes and dress well. Abi na which kain wahala be this grin
Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by placeofallure(f): 3:11am On Sep 09, 2021
truthsayer009:

Omo It's like go to work everyday preparing for indabosky!

Besides, why is school director beefing your looks, isn't she supposed to also look really posh as a director herself. She has money as she earns more, so why can't she buy new clothes and dress well. Abi na which kain wahala be this grin

Actually, she looks good herself, but you know the feeling when you second guess yourself. Moreso she thinks by my position as an instructor, I'm not supposed to look as good as I look. The Nigerian mentality about teachers is they must appear beggarly, I vow to be different.

Then, I no be Indabosky o, just that I know they can't do without me. Apart from my classroom job, I write head of school reports, na me be head of school? I no even be ordinary head of department. l help to chaperone, I have won many awards and prizes for the school, no other teacher has done that. In my first year, I won the best staff award, I am a top member of many committees, we plan and execute many events, I am the staff secretary, I take minutes, I do their recruiting for them, na me dem dey send go Sanwoolu office o, been there a few times now. Wetin! So if they fall out of line with me, I put them back into place. Chikena!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by siant: 5:16am On Sep 09, 2021
I don't see any thing wrong in the action of the said rincipal.
What I discovered from op narrative shows he is arrongant, proud and lack of good manner. No employer would want to employ such a person like you.
Those who condemn the woman here are doing so because they are in the same shoe with the op, as far as I am concerned!
Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 09, 2021
placeofallure:

Actually, she looks good herself, but you know the feeling when you second guess yourself. Moreso she thinks by my position as an instructor, I'm not supposed to look as good as I look. The Nigerian mentality about teachers is they must appear beggarly, I vow to be different.

Then, I no be Indabosky o, just that I know they can't do without me. Apart from my classroom job, I write head of school reports, na me be head of school? I no even be ordinary head of department. l help to chaperone, I have won many awards and prizes for the school, no other teacher has done that. In my first year, I won the best staff award, I am a top member of many committees, we plan and execute many events, I am the staff secretary, I take minutes, I do their recruiting for them, na me dem dey send go Sanwoolu office o, been there a few times now. Wetin! So if they fall out of line with me, I put them back into place. Chikena!

Cool, now you're talking. I was wondering if her jealousy comes from nowhere. She is worried you are moving so fast and gaining influence that you might take her job in the future.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by chukwunweikeemi(m): 10:32am On Sep 09, 2021
Most of them are not recruiting .They just want those CVs so they can contact the applicants to resume when a teacher leaves.It's a strategy to be in constant supply of teachers,since most teachers will not mind to leave even without notice when they have a better opportunity.
Better If you get a job as a home tutor ,it has the potential to pay more and it leaves you with lots of free time which you can use as you deem fit.
cheers.
Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by apatheticme(f): 8:50pm On Sep 12, 2021
Tokskob2008:
Situation in the country is making the slightly favoured and well to do misbehave badly. My former boss said I should choose between my mum and the job just because a call from my her came in while he was addressing we the staffs, a job of less than 20k a month o. Well I told him right there in the midst of everyone how stupid he sounds, collected my money and left his stupid school..

Like seriously!!!

Ha, that's so mean. Someone's parent cannot call again?? Na wa oh. Better prospects for you bro!
Re: Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal by OyinO: 9:29pm On Sep 22, 2021
descarado:

Somebody making sense.
The guy is so full of himself.

All potential employees love when they are challenged and he did that. Shje also tested his anger management as he is going to handle school children which can make yu go crazy not to talk of parents wahala.

A friend is a teacher in one foreign owned school in Abuja. She wasn't interviewed like proper interview but was brought in to a problem the school was having the day she went to submit her cv and was told to solve it and the oyino left. Cctv was in the room.
She was left with a spoilt rich teenager to calm down. She went home after that day and she was called for face to face interview weeks after. Then she got the job.

Which Oyino?

Abeg, ask ham for me o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Major Mistakes Graduates Make In Their First Job Interviews / Architect Loses A N3.5m Job For Being A Buhari Supporter / Meet Osahon Ewansiha Hired By Prestofresco In Italy For Preventing Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.