Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,798 members, 7,831,583 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food (5922 Views)

I Will Use Juju To Fight You — Pastor Prince Roland Tells Wife / Oga Sir!!! Even If She Offends You, Eat Her Food. / Wife Breaks Husband's Head For Complaining About Her Food (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by TheWolfen(m): 5:51pm On Sep 07, 2021
Buy us time nah?

When one is always busy with work. Who got time for such hectic extra work of making akara?

salisuammy:
Why can't you guys make your own akara?
Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by AutoChick4U(f): 5:52pm On Sep 07, 2021
T0T0fucker:

bros as in her Akara doesn't meet when the sun is high like 9am... but always finish around 7 to 8.

Everytime my mom goes to buy, she spends close to one hour waiting, due to earlier customers that came before her.

as she fries, the one in the pan has already been bought.

customers are so much, she didn't employ anyone to assist, just her alone. (guess she don't want them to know her secret

she intentionally make the Akara limited for customers, she don't fry pass a certain quantity ( is that what the juju people told her?)

drinking pap and akara, has been a norm in our family, even with all this observations my mum still goes there to buy from her.
She no get competition that's why. Make like 3 women open shop, she go sit up
Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 07, 2021
Op u dey go work so? Buying Akara early morning, won't you late for work.

1 Like

Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by Depressed101: 6:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
T0T0fucker:
sorry for my english.but I can't just help it.
i come from a family that loves eating Akamu and akara every morning, so the lady that'used to do in our streets we noticed hers it's not peppering enough, it tasteless.

until this year february my mom came across a woman that sells in another street.the first time she bought it the aroma of the Akara was nice, and when we finally ate it..it was good.until it became a habits.

sometimes my mom goes to this woman selling point, Akara has finished around 8,o clock am.
we later noticed this woman does the quantity of the Akara small.. like she has a limit, she was told to sell everyday, and she can't do pass that.
she doesn't sell pass 7 to 8am.
she doesn't sell on Wednesday

but what got us surprised today is when I went there to buy over 40 people where waiting for This woman Akara.
and more still coming.
I had to wait for an hour plus to reach my turn

some are even begging her to give them 100naira own she's said it's finished already, meaning the ones in the fire has already been paid for.

I feel this is not normal, I managed to buy 200naira own because of my mom.
but I just can't help to think.

does this woman use juju.

lalasticlala, mynd44, seun
why does no one ask if failure is juju but are quick to ask if someone is using juju when they suddenly become successful... Are you sure you are not a witch, were you expecting her to fail in the business? What sort of evil question is that, you just confess that her akamu is better than the other woman's, what other explanation do you need.. You are a bad belle.. And it's not good

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by Lamanii22(f): 7:19pm On Sep 07, 2021
sharpwriter:

Was it now proven later that your dad's akara seller was a witch?

Yes... Her son died in the process ... She confessed.....

1 Like

Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by ahnie: 7:27pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ola17:

Haba, what if she has other side hustles that needs her attention?

What if she makes limited quantity so that it will finish on time to allow her attend to her other hustles?

Romanoff abi Na KennyG, keep an open mind.
Hello sorry to intrude...she made a very valid point.
Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by sharpwriter(m): 7:28pm On Sep 07, 2021
Lamanii22:

Yes... Her son died in the process ... She confessed.....
shocked your news na confirm be dat o.... I m interested in this story, but don't let me probe you further.

Hope she no talk say dat her palm oil for frying na blood grin

And wetin your dad talk after she gat exposed and confessed? cheesy
Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by Ola17: 7:35pm On Sep 07, 2021
ahnie:

Hello sorry to intrude...she made a very valid point.

Her points are quite baseless as they aren’t grounded in facts. The woman has developed a business model and is sticking to it.

There has been situations whereby people concoct this kind of stories just to get rid of their competitors.

2 Likes

Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by Lamanii22(f): 7:35pm On Sep 07, 2021
sharpwriter:

shocked your news na confirm be dat o.... I m interested in this story, but don't let me probe you further.

Hope she no talk say dat her palm oil for frying na blood grin

And wetin your dad talk after she gat exposed and confessed? cheesy

My mom said this to my dad "shey o ri aiye e bayii.... My dad can eat out eehn.... There's one particular Amala my dad used to buy from iyana ejigbo, super Amala and plenty meat... My daddy is omo ita... He can eat outside jeeeez guy man had money then....

If I mention the area, someone might remember the woman.... The whole of estate used to buy akara from there... Except from my mom sha ...

Of course... The palm oil is blood.... Life is super spiritual....

2 Likes

Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by ahnie: 7:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
That's my line of business.
Op said,the woman only sells for one hour which in the first place is fishy!

There are days bad market would show it ugly head...I believe the woman wud just pack her unsold akara and go home....ooops I forgot it's always a sold out.

Op also mentioned about her having huge patronage as in people queuing to buy from her....which isn't any thing new.she knows her onions in the business.

What's fishy is customers fighting and exchanging banters(0moh something is wrong)

Now I speak for myself...I do have shipdroppers running errands for me most Saturdays as I ve complimentary cards distributed and get orders most Saturdays,worst is sanitation days.

I must all chip this in.... reasons why most akarapreneurs lack customers is their altitude.when you're jovial,kind, respectful and treat your customers like ROYALTIES expect massive sold out.

The Gospel truth is....most people go the extra mile just to sell their wares which in the end isn't pleasant.

3 Likes

Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by thejourney200: 8:06pm On Sep 07, 2021
Perhaps, she has mastered the art and realizes the more she finishes on time, the more people come. That is just a strategy to keep her customer, make a quantity that will finish on time, grant her the profit she needs, and do the other stuffs she has lined up for the day.

Since you do not know her family demands, there is no need trying to hypothesize her trade. You may want to have a conversation with her to know why she needs to finish and rush home early.

2 Likes

Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by odysey: 8:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
T0T0fucker:
sorry for my english.but I can't just help it..

I don't think it's juju
First not enough people sell acara in the area, second it's sweet, I knew a lady like that years ago, it's breakfast so we're always Chopin akara and it's only her that's close by what do you expect, if hers is finished we go a bit father
Point been she's most likely pure
Same thing for food sellers with crowd if your food is good them go rush you
Na wen e bad and rush dey naim comma dey

1 Like

Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by Bodydiialect57: 10:10pm On Sep 07, 2021
Artificial scarcity.

Make a desired product scarce and the demand for it will soar.

2 Likes

Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by Malawian(m): 10:55pm On Sep 07, 2021
If there is Juju in the Akara, how does the Juju survive the hot oil?

Remember what okunerere does to juju?

1 Like

Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by Wisedove(m): 3:23am On Sep 08, 2021
I know of someone like that with plenty customer but limited pap and akara, I later found out that she always collect everything for her business on credit everyday and the gain from her business is almost gone immediately after the day's trade business she is a single mother of three children that are schooling

2 Likes

Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by DukeNija(m): 3:55am On Sep 08, 2021
Bodydiialect57:
Artificial scarcity.

Make a desired product scarce and the demand for it will soar.

Doesn’t explain why the competition doesn’t sell at all. There’s another woman who doesn’t sell.
Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by cococandy(f): 4:06am On Sep 08, 2021
Romanoff:

If it is really grace, why does she only sell for one hour daily, excluding Wednesdays and why does she make limited quantity?

Her time is worth money.
If you make your merchandise exclusive, people rush to buy it. Exclusivity drives profit.
That’s why one leather bag can cost $100 and another costs $15,000 and people are waiting in line for the $15,000 bag for years until it’s their turn.
People want what others can’t easily get.

3 Likes

Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by cococandy(f): 4:08am On Sep 08, 2021
T0T0fucker:

bros as in her Akara doesn't meet when the sun is high like 9am... but always finish around 7 to 8.

Everytime my mom goes to buy, she spends close to one hour waiting, due to earlier customers that came before her.

as she fries, the one in the pan has already been bought.

customers are so much, she didn't employ anyone to assist, just her alone. (guess she don't want them to know her secret

she intentionally make the Akara limited for customers, she don't fry pass a certain quantity is that what the juju people told her?)

drinking pap and akara, has been a norm in our family, even with all this observations my mum still goes there to buy from her.
@bold, probably Because she cannot come and go and kill herself grin

2 Likes

Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by sharpwriter(m): 4:17am On Sep 08, 2021
Lamanii22:

My mom said this to my dad "shey o ri aiye e bayii.... My dad can eat out eehn.... There's one particular Amala my dad used to buy from iyana ejigbo, super Amala and plenty meat... My daddy is omo ita... He can eat outside jeeeez guy man had money then....

If I mention the area, someone might remember the woman.... The whole of estate used to buy akara from there... Except from my mom sha ...

Of course... The palm oil is blood.... Life is super spiritual....

cheesy Those Papas, na their way. Mine Papa too likes outside food.

Chai, so most of your estate people don chop bloody akara cheesy cheesy. Hilarious grin

1 Like

Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by puppie017: 4:19am On Sep 08, 2021
T0T0fucker:
too much stress in making Akara, Before you go wash the beans.

pay transport to a grinding machine

pay transport back home.

groundnut oil and time involved in frying it.

when we can Just decide to buy #500 own....

though we make the Akamu by ourselves.

make I nor lie the woman Akara dey sweet, but those observations, and what I saw yesterday.... make cold catch me...see quarrels brewing between her customers.

while people passing at the roadside are looking what's goin on there.

funny thing the other woman that sells around, her tray of Akara stays till 12pm.
Buy from the other instead

1 Like

Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by Nonexisting1: 7:52am On Sep 08, 2021
When you are very good at what you, people will think you use juju. The woman maybe a civil servant who has passion for akara and doesn't depend on it for livelihood. What will she do to always meet up with her other engagements if not to do the akara as little as she can handle and sell within a short period of time. Again, it may just be her passion or she may still be testing the waters in that kind of business before launching it in a big way with salespeople and all that.

3 Likes

Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 08, 2021
Most people selling akara are not ordinary especially those that are selling the palm oil own .akara is not something one will wake up one day & decide to sell ,you must join their meeting .

1 Like

Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by djranking00(m): 4:39pm On Sep 08, 2021
T0T0fucker:

according to people, she's been there since last year, but we only got to know her selling spot this february..

bros, you need to see the crowd yesterday, like I said, she' is intentionally making the Akara limited daily.
reasons I still don't know.

it's like she's scared, don't want any to remain at all (maybe they will be consequences if any remains)

bros I repeat, you nor fit meet this woman Akara by 8.30am

There's nothing fetish there business strategy
You said it yourself making akara is stressful the woman dey do within her power reach
Make she empoly people wen go run down her business quality not quantity
Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by T0T0fucker: 5:46pm On Sep 08, 2021
Depressed101:
why does no one ask if failure is juju but are quick to ask if someone is using juju when they suddenly become successful... Are you sure you are not a witch, were you expecting her to fail in the business? What sort of evil question is that, you just confess that her akamu is better than the other woman's, what other explanation do you need.. You are a bad belle.. And it's not good

you must be one depressed fellow like your username.
for you not to understand a simple question... you at the edge of committing suicide, do it fast please.
animal
Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by T0T0fucker: 5:48pm On Sep 08, 2021
odysey:

I don't think it's juju
First not enough people sell acara in the area, second it's sweet, I knew a lady like that years ago, it's breakfast so we're always Chopin akara and it's only her that's close by what do you expect, if hers is finished we go a bit father
Point been she's most likely pure
Same thing for food sellers with crowd if your food is good them go rush you
Na wen e bad and rush dey naim comma dey

if na man involved in this matter, many of you guys would have said it's charm o or ritualist
but since na woman.

no problem.

our society self.
Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by Depressed101: 6:33pm On Sep 08, 2021
T0T0fucker:

[s]you must be one depressed fellow like your username.
for you not to understand a simple question... you at the edge of committing suicide, do it fast please.
animal[/s]
there they go again, reply the message not the moniker... Useless totofucker

1 Like

Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by odysey: 8:04pm On Sep 08, 2021
T0T0fucker:

if na man involved in this matter, many of you guys would have said it's charm o or ritualist
but since na woman.

no problem.

our society self.

I no understand you ooo, some of the best meals I've eaten were cooked by guys infact the best cook I know of who isn't a chef is a guy, leave society out of it
Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by olamidedivotee: 10:45am On Sep 09, 2021
E no mean anything their type plenty for my place in ibadan
Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by oazeez1991(m): 12:26pm On Sep 09, 2021
T0T0fucker:
sorry for my english.but I can't just help it.
i come from a family that loves eating Akamu and akara every morning, so the lady that'used to do in our streets we noticed hers it's not peppering enough, it tasteless.

until this year february my mom came across a woman that sells in another street.the first time she bought it the aroma of the Akara was nice, and when we finally ate it..it was good.until it became a habits.

sometimes my mom goes to this woman selling point, Akara has finished around 8,o clock am.
we later noticed this woman does the quantity of the Akara small.. like she has a limit, she was told to sell everyday, and she can't do pass that.
she doesn't sell pass 7 to 8am.
she doesn't sell on Wednesday

but what got us surprised today is when I went there to buy over 40 people where waiting for This woman Akara.
and more still coming.
I had to wait for an hour plus to reach my turn

some are even begging her to give them 100naira own she's said it's finished already, meaning the ones in the fire has already been paid for.

I feel this is not normal, I managed to buy 200naira own because of my mom.
but I just can't help to think.

There is only one way 2 find out, and that's by asking her. Whatever she tells u would determine whether or not ur suspicion is right or not.

1 Like

Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by T0T0fucker: 3:26pm On Sep 09, 2021
oazeez1991:

There is only one way 2 find out, and that's by asking her. Whatever she tells u would determine whether or not ur suspicion is right or not.

I should ask her if she's using juju?
Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by oazeez1991(m): 3:24pm On Sep 10, 2021
T0T0fucker:

I should ask her if she's using juju?

Lol! Not at all. Rather, about why she choose 2 be frying little akara despite high patronage. Dia r ways u wud ask dat she wud tell u her reason without being offended. Stuff like:
Madam dis ur akara sweet o, no wonder pipu dey rush am, u supoz 2 dey fry plenty so evribdy 4 fit see buy cos dis one wey em customer dey wan fight cos of am.

3 Likes

Re: Can This Woman Be Using Juju To Sell Her Food by Acidosis(m): 6:44pm On Sep 10, 2021
Her akara solid like this abi?? grin

Source: Twitter

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Children Were Spotted Doing At A Party (photos, Video ) / Joint Account With My Spouse? / I'm Married, But... Could This Be My Soulmate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.