Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,452 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 (43372 Views)

2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone / Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) Among Nigerian States In 2022 / 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by BusinessDream: 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2021
mikeapollo:

VAT should be shared between the FG and the states!

Lagos was made what it is today by FG investments in Lagos!
I can even understand Rivers, because it has oil. Lagos had NOTHING if not for FG investments in the state that made it a commercial hub. Now, LASG wants to pretend as if they are the brains behind the current status of the state as a commercial or economic hub.
Revenue from other parts of the country (especially oil money) was used to develop Lagos. In the same vein, some of the revenue from Lagos (after it had been developed by the FG into a commercial hub generating huge revenue and VAT) will be used to develop other places. until when every other state is developed to a level

People should stop the crass ignorance, hypocrisy and selfish thoughts!
The VAT should be shared between FG and states. For instance, how could Lagos claim ownership of VAT from operations (e.g. import duty) at the seaports and airports that were constructed 100% by FG?
How many major roads in Lagos were constructed and are being maintained by the state government?
Lagos state built their SEAPORT long before Nigeria existed. Maybe airport but you see that seaport, they built it. It was only upgraded by FG.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by NairaMaster1(m): 5:01pm On Sep 08, 2021
BLAISECAMPAORE:

Eye opener indeed.

Interestingly also, without Lagos revenue (contributed by Nigerians from all regions), South-West IGR would be just N142 billion putting it 4th below the North West, North Central and South-South.

It's same everywhere : Remove Abuja (All region), Kano (All region) you have same statistical effects.

Check again.
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Naijabad: 5:02pm On Sep 08, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
You're so daft boy grin

We no beg Dangote to do business in Lagos state, there was a time unity bank relocated their HQ to Abuja, no one in Lagos gave a dam about it.

Lagos is in the South West, you can kill yourself if you're not happy with it.

Your wailings starts and end on Nairaland.

The SE dey drag position with the NE

Shame no even catch your useless sef grin

You guys in the South East are also a parasite. Without the FG, Igbo states will be in the league of Niger Republic and Chad grin

If this is true, why not allow them leave Nigeria?
You guys have no brain. If Igbos leave Nigeria, the revenue you post in SW will drop significantly.

Go and figure this out.

1 Like

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 08, 2021
Naijabad:

If this is true, why not allow them leave Nigeria?
You guys have no brain. If Igbos leave Nigeria, the revenue you post in SW will drop significantly.

Go and figure this out.

Who is stopping you from leaving Nigeria bro? Go and read about the steps the Scottish took when they were trying to leave the UK.

I have no time and patience for daft boy like you. You want to leave, yet Una dey vote APGA, APC and PDP... Please carry your rubbish comot my front.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by TEDHorsePower: 5:04pm On Sep 08, 2021
The most economically viable states in Nigeria

Lagos, Rivers, Ogun, Oyo, Anambra States

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Jackson105: 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2021
post=105613742:

Dumbo pain over what

Pain because of, hugu debt, bad roads or brown roofs in your region

My state is blessed with huge gas deposit, Anambra now oil producing state, blessed with commerce and indigenous industrialists, with 21st century cities, massive projects going in my state, not owing workers,also ranked low in debt grin please what is your state that will make me envy according to you

How come your brothers don't have a life until they travel outside your so called 21st cities and go to ragos and other states.

Useless barren landlocked mud republic!

Keep deceiving Yourself.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Jackson105: 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2021
Biafman:

CAN YOU PLEASE SUPPORT THE DIVISION OF YOUR CONTRAPTION CALLED NIGERIA AND THE CREATION OF BIAFRA SO WE WILL STOP BEING PARASITES TO YOU? IMAGINE ALL THE IGR YOU WILL KEEP FOR YOURSELVES ALONE?

Just shvt up

You should all go to your landlock barren region, leave Lagos and other states, you don't need permissions to do that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by pandax: 5:23pm On Sep 08, 2021
post=105613742:

Dumbo pain over what

Pain because of, hugu debt, bad roads or brown roofs in your region

My state is blessed with huge gas deposit, Anambra now oil producing state, blessed with commerce and indigenous industrialists, with 21st century cities, massive projects going in my state, not owing workers,also ranked low in debt grin please what is your state that will make me envy according to you

My Brother, with the kind of salient investment happening in Anambra today, the state will be returning nothing less than 10bn IGR per month in about 5 years time at most
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Newton85: 5:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
BLAISECAMPAORE:

Eye opener indeed.

Interestingly also, without Lagos revenue (contributed by Nigerians from all regions), South-West IGR would be just N142 billion putting it 4th below the North West, North Central and South-South.

Check again.
Shut up! Lagos is a cosmopolitan state just like Rivers and Kaduna. I wonder why your nonsensical "contributed by Nigerians from all regions" piffle doesn't apply to both Rivers and Kaduna? Lagos is South West, deal with it!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Newton85: 5:29pm On Sep 08, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
You dull hypocrite, you remove Lagos from South West, but leave Abuja for North Central grin

Lagos is in the South West, so find another mumu talk, talk.

Without Lagos, let's compare the 5 South West states to that of the South East.
Even apart from Abuja, Rivers and Kaduna are also cosmopolitan states like Lagos (though to a lesser extent, obviously). I wonder why his kind don't apply that boring "all Nigerians contributed to Lagos" hogwash to both Rivers and Kaduna?

3 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by lamentor78(m): 5:32pm On Sep 08, 2021
From the above we can see that North west and North East are parasites
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Newton85: 5:32pm On Sep 08, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
You're so daft boy grin

We no beg Dangote to do business in Lagos state, there was a time unity bank relocated their HQ to Abuja, no one in Lagos gave a dam about it.

You guys in the South East are also a parasite. Without the FG, Igbo states will be in the league of Niger Republic and Chad grin
Oh, the guy is an Eboe? Why is he bragging with the IGR of Northern States and not his South East region then? Is he so ashamed of South East's IGR?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Newton85: 5:36pm On Sep 08, 2021
post=105579123:

You guys keep celebrating IGR on paper

Serious I don’t understand the dumb logic over bloated IGR, please how does internal generated revenue in your state contribute to my state, FIRS tax Nigerians doing businesses in your domain not by tribe, trade is second highest contributor to Nigeria gdp, and we know Igbos are leading in that sector in Nigeria.
Even if they are celebrating IGR on paper, your region is still not attractive to non-Eboes na? I mean, even as I'm writing this, thousands of your people are trooping out of Eboeland to the South West like homeless refugees.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Newton85: 5:38pm On Sep 08, 2021
stanluiz:
Nonsense!!

IGR IGR yet you can't build roads. You can't pay salaries. Where is the IGr going to ? The IGr of a thing is a media paper propaganda.

The people of ogun state are crying that they don't have roads. All the roads in the state are death traps. Where is the IGR ?

Propaganda will not take you guys anywhere!
The number of your people in that Ogun State alone is more than the total number of Yorubas in Eboeland. I wonder why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by geemd434: 5:45pm On Sep 08, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
You're so daft boy grin

Shu********t up your mouth
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:45pm On Sep 08, 2021
And Kano is not duly represented..
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Newton85: 5:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
At this point, if Eboes had their way, they'd yank Lagos out of the South West. These people never waste anytime to put Lagos' woes on the entire South West, but when it's time for the South West to rightly claim Lagos' glory and achievements, then you'll see them bleating like goats about some nonsensical "remove Lagos from the South West!" Remove it from the South West and place it in Arochukwu? Silly bunch!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Newton85: 5:48pm On Sep 08, 2021
Kenn55:
The worse thing that has happened to Nigeria is that all the different tribes have not realized that they have all failed.
Well, I can't argue with this though.
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Newton85: 5:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
LZAA:

grin grin grin grin
You know the truth
Stop crying
SE practically run lagos
Abi na the agbo or owambe una dey do dey raise IGR grin
If you run Lagos, why doesn't that show in you people's IGR at home na?

3 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2021
Newton85:
Even if they are celebrating IGR on paper, your region is still not attractive to non-Eboes na? I mean, even as I'm writing this, thousands of your people are trooping out of Eboeland to the South West like homeless refugees.
See your region grin

2 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Newton85: 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2021
PROUDIGBO:

You’re really pathetic! That’s all what this thread is about.....comparing your sad self to Igbos! You gauge your progress in life by how well you think you’re doing against a people you have cheated, marginalised, stolen their hydrocarbon-rich territories and ganged-up to deny presidency....yet you still feel you’re ok!?
The Eboe persecution delusion and victim pimping has started again.

2 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Newton85: 5:53pm On Sep 08, 2021
Gabkosh:
How much is abia owing her workers?
These people are such a funny and amusing bunch. That clown clown left Abia that's owing workers' salary for 20 months to be concentrating on Osun? Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Newton85: 5:53pm On Sep 08, 2021
Coldie:

5states alone despite the marginalisation generating such money compared to other regions with 6 or 7 states?

South east try abeg
Sorry, which marginalization? Who's marginalizing you?

1 Like

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Newton85: 5:54pm On Sep 08, 2021
RPirez:

Dis okoro savage don come here again to dey cry... grin
Lmao!

3 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Newton85: 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
post=105618283:

See your region grin
I know you have no shame though. The number of your people living in this Ibadan alone is more than the total number of Yorubas in your region that's very unattractive to foreigners or non-Eboes. Your greatest ever intellectual Chinua Achebe schooled in this same Ibadan. Chimamanda Adichie's father, James Adichie, also schooled in same Ibadan. Many of your intellectuals and successful people also schooled in Ibadan. Even Philip Emeagwali was born and bred in Akure. Dude even claims to be an Akure boy, lol. As bad as South West is, I wonder why your people are scattered all over it like mendicant gypsies and homeless refugees, while only a handful of Yorubas will ever think of going to Eboeland for anything. South West is bad, yes, but it's far better than your unattractive region, that's why your people are scattered all over here and fleeing Eboeland like flies.

5 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Newton85: 6:08pm On Sep 08, 2021
YorubarLord:
Yet you rush to the Yoruba slums like the economic refugees y'all re. Keep wailing
Chai!!! Brutal knockout! This is called FATALITY in Mortal Kombat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by ddippset(m): 6:09pm On Sep 08, 2021
Moferere:
Obviously, this is why a section of Nigeria is against restructuring.

I salute Wike for his courage
Pensioners in Rivers state were protesting years of non payment today.

What will Wike even do with the VAT?

A. Build more flyovers?
B. Donate to Sokoto?
C. Share money around to Fight Secondus?

You salute Wike indeed!
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Coldie(m): 6:09pm On Sep 08, 2021
Newton85:
Sorry, which marginalization? Who's marginalizing you?
South east still try abeg. We dae 1state down compared to states with 7 yet we made that kind of money,

Look at north central, if u minus fact south east beat all the other north central states combined
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by babytoun: 6:10pm On Sep 08, 2021
bayelsaowei:
either way I know bayelsa isn't doing well to grow its IGR in the best way..apart from oil companies within that state what else can bayelsa be proud of as related to aggressive revenue generation. Like I said Bayelsa can push to run state OMLs , build refineries, engage in non oil activities etc...

Summary is states can do well to compete with Lagos no matter what..why can't the niger delta states be safe enough to drag all headquarters of oil companies to the various states.??

So.when the big offices of the oil giants are in lagos and Rivers , where wil the majority of their staff be and where will the personal income tax go to ?
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Newton85: 6:15pm On Sep 08, 2021
mikeapollo:

VAT should be shared between the FG and the states!

Lagos was made what it is today by FG investments in Lagos!
I can even understand Rivers, because it has oil. Lagos had NOTHING if not for FG investments in the state that made it a commercial hub. Now, LASG wants to pretend as if they are the brains behind the current status of the state as a commercial or economic hub.
Revenue from other parts of the country (especially oil money) was used to develop Lagos. In the same vein, some of the revenue from Lagos (after it had been developed by the FG into a commercial hub generating huge revenue and VAT) will be used to develop other places. until when every other state is developed to a level

People should stop the crass ignorance, hypocrisy and selfish thoughts!
The VAT should be shared between FG and states. For instance, how could Lagos claim ownership of VAT from operations (e.g. import duty) at the seaports and airports that were constructed 100% by FG?
How many major roads in Lagos were constructed and are being maintained by the state government?
Dumb clown, the same Lagos that had merchants trading from across the world long before Nigeria existed was made a "commercial hub" by the FG? The same Lagos that had Yoruba returnees from Brazil trading between Bahia and Lagos? The same Lagos of James Pinson Labulo Davies was made a "commercial hub" when Nigeria started to exist as a country? You're a monumental buffoon!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Enyimbafc: 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2021
winterfell007:

Guy you're embarrassing me seriously. You making it look like igbo people are silly and hateful. That guy you're quoting is right. More than 50% of IGR of Lagos comes from PAYE. Even LASG deducts salary from my payslip. Instead of you to fight the real enemies up north, you are facing yourself. How dumb can you guys be?? undecided undecided
OTONDO,ILLITERATE DOES LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT OR PRIVATE ORGANISATIONS PAY THERE WORKERS IN MILLIONS TO GENERATE SUCH HIGH TAX.IGBOS ARE THE PILLARS OF LAGOS HIGH TAX.
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by 2oby: 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2021
BLAISECAMPAORE:

Eye opener indeed.

Check again.

Nonsense.

So u removed Lagos because it is south-east? Lagos wt out other region settlerswill still generate though might not b this much. All IGR is a product of different settlers in each region. Ur analysis is crude.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oduku Reveals Identity Of Niger-Delta Avengers / 2019: Presidential Nomination Forms To Cost N10million / Benue Community Leaders Destroying RUGA Sign Post And Fencing Marks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.