Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,340 members, 7,822,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 (43379 Views)

2022 Internally Generated Revenue, Top 3 Per Zone / Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) Among Nigerian States In 2022 / 10 Richest States In Nigeria Based On Internally Generated Revenues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 08, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

Abuja is in the northwest? I now understand what the other guy was trying to say.

On what basis was the IGR calculated or derived ? Since the Federal government released statistics on vehicular movement on major federal highways and some roads are higher than Lagos / Ibadan expressway and some higher than 3rd Mainland Bridge that I know such statistics are political.

Census data are also political.

That record is political and not correct . They should allow States to collect VAT to expose them.

There is a particular record in that report that I don't know how they got that amount as IGR for 2020 .

States should be allowed to collect their VAT. The Abuja people cannot be spending States labour.

1 Like

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 08, 2021
Biafman:

CAN YOU PLEASE SUPPORT THE DIVISION OF YOUR CONTRAPTION CALLED NIGERIA AND THE CREATION OF BIAFRA SO WE WILL STOP BEING PARASITES TO YOU? IMAGINE ALL THE IGR YOU WILL KEEP FOR YOURSELVES ALONE?

Have you ever seen me been against the division of Nigeria? If Nigeria divides or not, is not my major concern

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:35pm On Sep 08, 2021
YorubarLord:
Yet you rush to the Yoruba slums like the economic refugees y'all re. Keep wailing
Lagos ranks amongst worst cities to live in for nine straight years grin grin

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by chigator2: 3:35pm On Sep 08, 2021
ThatFairGuy1:
Lopsidedness.

Thank God your senses were returned to you enough to modify and delete the rubbish statement you made about Igbos being leeches.

When we say most Nigerians hate Igbos but pretentiously act otherwise, you call it victim's mentality, how did this harmless and unrelated statistic become centered on Igbos ? I guess you have a simple mind well let me inform you.

The statistics didn't report that Yorubas in Lagos generated this or Fulanis in Kano generated that. It gave figures of which a lot of human factors contributed to. Even in Lagos, Dangote Group owned by a Northerners generates the Lion's share of the plate.

SE having a relatively lower IGR isn't tantamount to parasitism because there is no proven correlation in that regard. And this status is resultant to numerous factors including corruption, prevalent business model in the region, low compliance amongst others.

To conclude, every state in that list aside Lagos , receives more from the FG than it generates, making them all leeches (in your context) , some bigger leeches than the rest (likely where you categorize).

I firmly believe that if some states in SE begin to collect the FG's share of revenue, a handout won't be necessary because I clearly remember a time when Anambra was the only state operating on zero debt.

3 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by NinjaMetahuman: 3:35pm On Sep 08, 2021
BLAISECAMPAORE:

South West minus Lagos N142b is still less than North-West's N147 Billion without Abuja and this is despite the insecurity. Lagos's biggest taxpayer is still from the NW (Dangote).

Without Lagos as walking stick, SW only beats the South East and war-torn NE.
olodo rabata

Without Lagos, states in South west will be 5 and north west will be 7

And they still close to north west despite that..

Remove Abuja from north central and let's see what's left despite that they will still have 6 states left

You should be ashamed of your own stup1dity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Enyimbafc: 3:37pm On Sep 08, 2021
GNature:

I was going to write this until I saw your post. God bless you mightily.

The IGR from Lagos is contributed by mostly yorubas, no contest.
DO U MEAN YORUBAS CONTRIBUTE THE HIGHEST IGR IN LAGOS THROUGH SKULL MINING OR BY BROWN ROOFS,MUD HOUSES AND SLUMS.
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Mrexcell(m): 3:40pm On Sep 08, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
You're so daft boy grin

We no beg Dangote to do business in Lagos state, there was a time unity bank relocated their HQ to Abuja, no one in Lagos gave a dam about it.

Lagos is in the South West, you can kill yourself if you're not happy with it.

Your wailings starts and end on Nairaland.

The SE dey drag position with the NE

Shame no even catch your useless sef grin

You guys in the South East are also a parasite. Without the FG, Igbo states will be in the league of Niger Republic and Chad grin

Three states in the south east are oil producing states the oil revenue generated there is also distributed to lagos and other states in the south west. The south east can never be a parasite region if things are allowed to function as it should be naturally.
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:40pm On Sep 08, 2021
Obamaofusa:

You want them to write it on your face?
Igbos have always been the Parasite of the south but make the most noise...mtchewww
Low IQ oil and gas money contribute 90% of money giving to states monthly
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:41pm On Sep 08, 2021
Obamaofusa:

You want them to write it on your face?
Igbos have always been the Parasite of the south but make the most noise...mtchewww
Dumbo oil and gas money contribute 90% of money giving to states monthly

1 Like

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 08, 2021
Shedking:
So Rivers State is the strength of South South? Cross Rivers State and Akwa-Ibom should be in Same position with Delta State.

Bayelsa can do better in fish farming as even Norway's economy is currently being survived by fish farming and exportation

The report is not fair to Bayelsa which is my adopted State. Until restructuring is done, Bayelsa cannot be fairly treated. Bayelsa is a State on the Ocean. I think only one Local government is on the mainland, the rest is on Island. Infrastructure is needed to link the local government together.

Norway's case is not applicable to Bayelsa. Norway population is less than Lagos Mainland but she makes more money from fishing than what Nigeria is making from crude oil. Norway has more oil than Nigeria, but not relying on oil. Bayelsa is not an independent State, rather, it is an exploited State in Nigeria.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by EXOUSIAng: 3:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
iluvdonjazzy:
The truth remains that the South feeds the North that's all and there's no controversy about it.
The same North that brings all your yams,rice,beans, onions, pepper, tomatoes, potatoes... The list is long?
Talk anyhow make them stop supply of food stuff for one week and y'all starve to death.....
You want independence yet ordinary Onions you can't produce, you are still bringing fromthe North..
I was in my in Abeokuta during the issue at Shasa in Ibadan. 4 balls of tomatoes were going for N100 just because the war torn North refused to supply food.....

Please did you say the south is feeding the North again
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by fregeneh(m): 3:48pm On Sep 08, 2021
LZAA:

grin grin grin grin
You know the truth
Stop crying
SE practically run lagos
Abi na the agbo or owambe una dey do dey raise IGR grin

When you do owanbe you pay vat on all the goods and services. Be guided please

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Anambra1stSon(m): 3:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
I don't understand you guys logic, oil and gas pay the bills and not over bloated IGR, three states in southeast are oil producing states

2 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by bayelsaowei(m): 3:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
babytoun:

Oga are tou sure you have all the facts ?

Have you unbundled the streams that make up the IGR lagos and Rivers are posting?

FG does not dash money to Bayelsa during revenue allocation, what the state gets is a reflection of its contribution to the country's revenue ..

So when shell and other oil giants do exploration in bayelsa but report profits at their administrative head office in Lagos or Rivers state , how to you expect Bayelsa's Igr to grow ?
either way I know bayelsa isn't doing well to grow its IGR in the best way..apart from oil companies within that state what else can bayelsa be proud of as related to aggressive revenue generation. Like I said Bayelsa can push to run state OMLs , build refineries, engage in non oil activities etc...

Summary is states can do well to compete with Lagos no matter what..why can't the niger delta states be safe enough to drag all headquarters of oil companies to the various states.??
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by EXOUSIAng: 3:51pm On Sep 08, 2021
Miracle2020:
God bless El rufai my governor. No even one potopoto state make the first five. Why? I thought they are all billionaires.
Drug money and blood money doesn't add thats why

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by INCREDIBLE007(m): 3:53pm On Sep 08, 2021
insecurity is the reason why benue is in that insolvent list
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by harjay1986: 3:53pm On Sep 08, 2021
stanluiz:
Nonsense!!

IGR IGR yet you can't build roads. You can't pay salaries. Where is the IGr going to ? The IGr of a thing is a media paper propaganda.

The people of ogun state are crying that they don't have roads. All the roads in the state are death traps. Where is the IGR ?

Propaganda will not take you guys anywhere!

that is why we want total control of the IGR assuminga state generating 100 billion only for the federal to give you 20 out of it let every state work with what they generate and see how things will change

1 Like

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by mikeapollo: 3:56pm On Sep 08, 2021
middlebelter:
From the above figure, it is obvious that states like Kano, Yobe, Borno, Sokoto, etc. will find it difficult to survive if we embrace true fiscal federalism.
Ogun state is a privileged state unfortunately the successive Governors have failed to take full advantage of its contiguous location.Ogun should be generating nothing less than N100b IGR pa.

Akwa Ibom and Delta can do better. The states should provide more infrastructure to attract private investors. Kogi should make sure AJaokuta Iron and Steel Industry is completed and promised by FGN. Benue, a bridge across Niger/Benue river from Lokoja will certainly boost trade and economic activities in the state if the herdmen will allow it.

VAT should be shared between the FG and the states!

Lagos was made what it is today by FG investments in Lagos!
I can even understand Rivers, because it has oil. Lagos had NOTHING if not for FG investments in the state that made it a commercial hub. Now, LASG wants to pretend as if they are the brains behind the current status of the state as a commercial or economic hub.
Revenue from other parts of the country (especially oil money) was used to develop Lagos. In the same vein, some of the revenue from Lagos (after it had been developed by the FG into a commercial hub generating huge revenue and VAT) will be used to develop other places. until when every other state is developed to a level

People should stop the crass ignorance, hypocrisy and selfish thoughts!
The VAT should be shared between FG and states. For instance, how could Lagos claim ownership of VAT from operations (e.g. import duty) at the seaports and airports that were constructed 100% by FG?
How many major roads in Lagos were constructed and are being maintained by the state government?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by LZAA: 3:57pm On Sep 08, 2021
fregeneh:

When you do owanbe you pay vat on all the goods and services. Be guided please
grin grin grin grin grin
Delusions everywhere grin grin
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Philipxxxx0: 4:00pm On Sep 08, 2021
Miracle2020:
hahahaha. 3 oil producing states? Wonders shall never end. So your people that are running to Kano, maiduguri, kaduna, Lagos, Port Harcourt, sokoto, Abuja etc are they not interested in the oil money?
Mr Man, an unproductive red mud land can never bring anything good.
As you suggested, why are you people afraid of breaking down the country so that each region can be on his own. The same people you are talking down to , want to have their own country and manage it the way they like , but you can die to keep them with you in the same.
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by awoo47: 4:04pm On Sep 08, 2021
[quote author=Batam post=105612615]
Lagos is part of South West Nigeria there is nothing one billion of you can do to reverse it unless another country is formed.[quote] even if anoda country is formed, lagos remains Yorubaland
I don't know y dey re finding it difficult to accept
If biafra happens, will u take d land or shift it to east?
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by rman: 4:06pm On Sep 08, 2021
Kenn55:
The worse thing that has happened to Nigeria is that all the different tribes have not realized that they have all failed.

God bless you!

This has always been my perspective. Everyone failed. Those pointing fingers are failures as well.
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by sunky97: 4:09pm On Sep 08, 2021
So Lagos state will not generate anything abi What are you saying?
BLAISECAMPAORE:

South West minus Lagos N142b is still less than North-West's N147 Billion without Abuja and this is despite the insecurity. Lagos's biggest taxpayer is still from the NW (Dangote).

Without Lagos as walking stick, SW only beats the South East and war-torn NE.
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Parisian: 4:14pm On Sep 08, 2021
So their oil money is not shared to the south east?
Mrexcell:
Bayelsa is not supposed to have the poorest igr in Nigeria if the federal government allows them to be in total control of their huge oil and gas deposits it's very unfair on them making them to look like one of these northern parasite state their oil money is shared monthly to the south west and the north so I don't understand why they should be ranked as the poorest.
Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Standing5(m): 4:17pm On Sep 08, 2021
the move to make state n charge of VAT is a good one. You cannot be burning schools in one part of the country and be using the profit and tax from another part that embraces education to the point of attracting foreign students to fund those rejecting education.
they equally destroy alcohol but want alcohol tax. why not tax bandits and terrorist since the are equally illegal businesses in Gombe?

1 Like

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:19pm On Sep 08, 2021
[quote author=awoo47 post=105615354][/quote]

Serious I don’t understand the dumb logic over bloated IGR, please how does internal generated revenue in your state contribute to my state, FIRS tax Nigerians doing businesses in your domain not by tribe, trade is second highest contributor to Nigeria gdp, and we know Igbos are leading in that sector in Nigeria.

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by shogz89: 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2021
babytoun:

Oga are tou sure you have all the facts ?

Have you unbundled the streams that make up the IGR lagos and Rivers are posting?

FG does not dash money to Bayelsa during revenue allocation, what the state gets is a reflection of its contribution to the country's revenue ..

So when shell and other oil giants do exploration in bayelsa but report profits at their administrative head office in Lagos or Rivers state , how to you expect Bayelsa's Igr to grow ?
Shell is a corporate entity, they pay tax to FG and not Lagos state they can only remit paye to Lagos for their Lagos based staffs.. Most of their employee are in rivers and bayelsa..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by BusinessDream: 4:38pm On Sep 08, 2021
Miracle2020:
which part of the south? Even the people that own the oil are not bragging like these children of jezabel.
FYI... Anambra used to have the LARGEST gas reserve in Nigeria and recently, I was informed that it is Imo. I am sure you read the news about Imo having won its court case to reclaim communities from Rivers that rightly belong to them and the oil wells there. Doesn't this explain that South East lands were cut to join what you call "the owners of oil" land?

Even your brother who was my roommate was shocked when he found out that Anambra has oil lol... but make una continue. Anything to make Igbos look small makes you guys feel orgasm but unfortunately, it is not working... grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Felimax(m): 4:39pm On Sep 08, 2021
sabreal:

Hence, Lagos earn an average of N59bb monthly.
By the timeLagoss start collecting vat directly, we looking at N70b monthly..

If alpha beta/tinubu continue collecting 10%, that is N7b for 1 person. It is not for any project or local government oooiii. Apart from other leakages not recoded

Lagosians, na so una go continue dey suffer by a non indigene oo

I was there, at Aluasa, i don't like talking about Lagos again since i am no longer there. One thing is, Tinubu is Lagos and Lagos is Tinubu. My prayer is that the country should be restructured and when that happens we will know how far and how small Lagos is. There is nothing you have in Lagos that cannot be trippled in each of the Southern states. The beautiful part of it is that Lagos is already saturated and when my people eventually wakes up, well, i have said enough.

3 Likes

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by winterfell007(m): 4:40pm On Sep 08, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
You know that you're telling a very big lie.
Corporate Organizations My Foot.
[s] You're A Big Fool.. Sheey You Know That??[/s]
Guy you're embarrassing me seriously. You making it look like igbo people are silly and hateful. That guy you're quoting is right. More than 50% of IGR of Lagos comes from PAYE. Even LASG deducts salary from my payslip. Instead of you to fight the real enemies up north, you are facing yourself. How dumb can you guys be?? undecided undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by nzeobi(m): 4:41pm On Sep 08, 2021
dwas:

This is where I have problem with most of our brother from South East. You alway believe your contribution of tax make Lagos what it is.
So sorry, it's not so at all.
Tinubu make Lagos IGR what it is today by creating enabling business environment.
In the near future, Lagos IGR will be x3 of what it is today because of inflow of foreign investment it attract.

When Tinubu was planning LFTZ and Eko Atlantic, little did the like of you know that more prosperous business is coming to Lagos. And the more the business the more the tax.

If your contribution was what make Lagos what it is, how come the total population in the East, which is far more than the whole Easter people living in Lagos, contribution not more than that of Lagos alone. My brother think.

Oga Lagos has always been the center of excellence and the richest state in Nigeria because it has the only functional port and former capital. It has nothing to do with tinubu.

If Lagos handles their tax properly it should be 3 times what it is today.

Abi when did osun igr not grow since aregbe is a tinubu disciple

1 Like

Re: Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 by Jackson105: 4:42pm On Sep 08, 2021
vibratingpenis:

Tell your terrorist government to grant us our freedom na so that we can carry our parasite body go or are you scared of something?

Shut it, carry your parasitics body to your landlock and barren land, what are you all doing in Lagos and all over Nigeria? Or you need permission to do that?

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu's Supporters Slapped And Beaten By Ambode's Loyalists / Buhari Withdraws Diplomatic, Official Passports From Ex- Governors / Reno Omokri: Buhari And Trump Call Will Boost US/Nigeria Relations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.