Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

I Need Your Help,i Just Got Scammed - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Your Help,i Just Got Scammed (681 Views)

My Friend Got Scammed By Side Chick – Ossai / How I Got Scammed Of 10k By Lavita Ricca Investment / Photo Of Lesbian Couple That Just Got Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Help,i Just Got Scammed by Slimdan360: 12:37pm On Sep 07, 2021
Good morning Nairaland family
So today is actually the worst day of my life.
I woke up this morning and received a call from someone who claims to be Mr John and works with UBA, he told me about my atm pin that was supposed to be sent to me and that he was from UBA to help me do that,well to cut the long story short,he transferred all the money from my account and am in serious pain.
What I noticed from the call was that this guy knew me and am certain that my information was leaked to him by my bank as I have observed the way the staffs of this UBA branch do converse with scammers. He knew I recently opened my UBA account and that I was told to expect an ATM pin or come back to the bank if I don't receive one so am certain one of the bankers are involved.
I know there are a lot of learned and experienced people here so I need your advice on the next step to take and the appropriate authority to report these UBA staffs to.
I would appreciate if anyone can help me get the details of this bastard as this is his number

Pls mods help me move to front page so as to get more opinions and advise
Re: I Need Your Help,i Just Got Scammed by OhMyGodWtf: 12:39pm On Sep 07, 2021
Go report to the branch manager, but how careless of u with all the information passed about bank scams , u self too lose abeg

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Help,i Just Got Scammed by SavageBoy: 12:41pm On Sep 07, 2021
Slimdan360:
I woke up this morning and received a call from someone who claims to Mr John and works at UBA, he told me about my atm pin that was supposed to be sent to me and that he was from UBA to help me do that,well to cut the long story short,he transferred all the money from my account and am in serious pain.
What I noticed from the call was that this guy knew me and am certain that my information was leaked to him by my bank as I have observed the way the staffs of this UBA branch do converse with scammers. He knew I recently opened my UBA account and that I was told to expect an ATM pin or come back to the bank if I don't receive one so am certain one of the bankers are involved.
I know there are a lot of learned and experienced people here so I need your advice on the next step to take and the appropriate authority to report these UBA staffs to.
I would appreciate if anyone can help me get the details of this bastard as this his is number

Which story are you cutting shortundecided

You've been warned before:
Banks will never request anything from you via a phone call

4 Likes

Re: I Need Your Help,i Just Got Scammed by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:42pm On Sep 07, 2021
another one bites the dust.... when are you people gonna learn?!?!?!?!
Re: I Need Your Help,i Just Got Scammed by Bluezy13(m): 12:43pm On Sep 07, 2021
I don't understand...
Don't cut no story short... How exactly did he scam you

I just want to rate your ignorance if it is deliberate or you are truly ignorant which I doubt.
Although I am really trying hard not to call you a f00l.

Just go to the bank and report.
Threaten them with efcc, central bank, etc.
It is your money and the officer that opened that account for you is a prime suspect.
Re: I Need Your Help,i Just Got Scammed by Slimdan360: 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2021
OhMyGodWtf:
Go report to the branch manager, but how careless of u with all the information passed about bank scams , u self too lose abeg
This is actually my first account and I was told to wait for my ATM pin to be sent to me or come back to the bank only for this man to call me this morning asking me if I am not so and so(called my name) that recently opened an account with UBA and is yet to receive my ATM pin.
Well I was really stupid and that I can't deny but the deed has already be done and I need solutions to remedy it.
If the bank manager is in this same branch then I don't trust him as he could also been an accomplice to the scammer,pls I need another option
Re: I Need Your Help,i Just Got Scammed by Slimdan360: 12:50pm On Sep 07, 2021
Bluezy13:
I don't understand...
Don't cut no story short... How exactly did he scam you

I just want to rate your ignorance if it is deliberate or you are truly ignorant which I doubt.
Although I am really trying hard not to call you a f00l.

Just go to the bank and report.
Threaten them with efcc, central bank, etc.
It is your money and the officer that opened that account for you is a prime suspect.
I don't want to threaten, I want to do it, how can I report to effc and central bank and how much should I be expecting to spend
Re: I Need Your Help,i Just Got Scammed by OhMyGodWtf: 12:54pm On Sep 07, 2021
Slimdan360:

This is actually my first account and I was told to wait for my ATM pin to be sent to me or come back to the bank only for this man to call me this morning asking me if I am not so and so(called my name) that recently opened an account with UBA and is yet to receive my ATM pin.
Well I was really stupid and that I can't deny but the deed has already been done and I need solutions to remedy it.
If the bank manager is in this same branch then I don't trust him as he could also been an accomplice to the scammer,pls I need another option

Oh God , sorry about ur experience, it was master minded. The manager might not know about these , its mostly between lower staffs and security men

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Help,i Just Got Scammed by Xenry: 12:59pm On Sep 07, 2021
Lol.
This is my own experience. I created a thread about it then. Shine your eyes next time cool.

Xenry:
So, I opened an account in a Keystone bank recently and I went there yesterday to complete the registration and collect my ATM card.
Now, some idiots are calling me to try to scam me. They would call and ask me if I'm Mr — —, and then ask if I have withdrawn money with the ATM card, and then proceed to get my ATM details, claiming that they are calling from the bank.
I first received their call yesterday, and I tried to play them and give them fake ATM details, but they noticed what I was doing along the line, and cut the call after saying that I was unserious and that they will block my account, blah blah blah...
Today again, another one called. He started with the same annoying question: are you Mr — —? Have you withdrawn money with your ATM card? And that they want to activate it, they then went ahead to ask me to get the card and be ready to give them it's details. I then told them that if there's any problem with my Bank ATM card, that I will personally go to the bank and fix it myself, they replied, "but we are calling from the bank, Sir." Then I told them, "I don't give a fùck whether you are calling from the bank or not, just stop disturbing me with your calls," and his last reply before cutting the call was, "Your papa, you be fool, god go punish you."
Mehn, how can I effectively handle these people when next they call? I need to troll them; I tried to give them fake details yesterday, but it didn't work because they noticed it.
Anyways, share your experience with these annoying people.
Re: I Need Your Help,i Just Got Scammed by falcon01: 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2021
How did you fall for this sef!
BUT I've noticed something, I think the bank workers are Connected with this fraudsters. Why? My Momma opened a new account with My sister, both of em got fraudulent call just 1 week after. My brother did same and got same call, 3 friends of mine same thing happened. None of them have recieved a call of that nature prior untill when they opened a bank account, it's either this fraudsters have access to banking data base or The bank staffs give them details of newly opened accounts.
Re: I Need Your Help,i Just Got Scammed by GOFRONT(m): 1:42pm On Sep 07, 2021
And when these fraudulent callers get caught and given a Jungle Justice,

Some people would be like: why kill him just like that?!!....he should have atleast be given a fair trial...

Some would be like: Say no to jungle justice, he is a human just like you.

Some would be like: Why take laws into ya hand?....Let the appropriate Authority handle his case, try him in court then if found gulity, then he should be sent to jail.

Some would be like: Ha!!!.....chaii.....What has he done to deserve this horrible death by burning of tyres hung around his neck.....Man's inhumanity to Man.
Re: I Need Your Help,i Just Got Scammed by Cerebellum: 1:52pm On Sep 07, 2021
Eweeh... cry
Re: I Need Your Help,i Just Got Scammed by omotoshodontee1: 2:04pm On Sep 07, 2021
U need to enter the branch that open d account and activate Wehrey mode..no follow them speak English ooo
Re: I Need Your Help,i Just Got Scammed by bmdmix11: 3:14pm On Sep 07, 2021
even d short story doesn't say how u were scammed
Re: I Need Your Help,i Just Got Scammed by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 07, 2021
Slimdan360:
I woke up this morning and received a call from someone who claims to be Mr John and works with UBA, he told me about my atm pin that was supposed to be sent to me and that he was from UBA to help me do that,well to cut the long story short,he transferred all the money from my account and am in serious pain.
I would appreciate if anyone can help me get the details of this bastard as this is his number

How old are you? Uv been warned severally not to reveal ur atm pin to anyone even if such person claims to be the MD of a bank. Abeg don't disturb us

(1) (Reply)

Juju Or Love? What Would You Call This? / Bbnaija: [VIDEO] She Is A Marketer – Whitemoney Says After Angel Deliberately Fl / A Lady At Akure,lagos,ilorin Searching For Serious Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.