Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,590 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Both Bow To Greet Each Other (Photo) - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Both Bow To Greet Each Other (Photo) (71944 Views)

Who Is Historically Superior Among Alaafin Of Oyo,ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Benin? / Blacks Kneel Down To Greet Ooni Of Ife In His Palace, Whites Sit Down / The Moment Ooni Of Ife And Oba Of Lagos Greet Each Other At Tinubu Colloquium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Both Bow To Greet Each Other (Photo) by TAO11(f): 9:21pm On Sep 10, 2021
Christistruth00:
None
Even Jerusalem needs a lot of Work it is Sacred but Holiness no
Holiness requires absence of Sin, perfect Goodness
Interesting to see your semantics game with holiness and sacredness — although they’re synonyms. This is language, NOT theology.

But that is by the way. Avoid the temptation to expend your energy there. Focus it more on the following.

What makes Jerusalem “sacred” (aka “holy” if I let go of semantics)? Who said it is “sacred”?

Peace! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Both Bow To Greet Each Other (Photo) by Christistruth00: 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2021
TAO11:
Interesting to see your semantics game with holiness and sacredness — although they’re synonyms. This is language, NOT theology.

But that is by the way. Avoid the temptation to expend your energy there. Focus it more on the following.

What makes Jerusalem “sacred” (aka “holy” if I let go of semantics)? Who said it is “sacred”?

Peace! cheesy

Ile Ife May be Sacred to Yorubas but it definitely ain’t holy

Jerusalem was the City Dedicated to God and where his Ancient Temple Stood that made it Sacred

Holiness is Perfect Goodness and Ile Ife and even Modakeke ain’t that nice,

A won mejeji o daa

Etanu po ju

Ki Jesu ko si inu Won ni Adura
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Both Bow To Greet Each Other (Photo) by TAO11(f): 9:49pm On Sep 10, 2021
You didn’t answer my question. Please do.

But even at that, I would respond to what you wrote. But please do.

Christistruth00:
Ile Ife May be Sacred to Yorubas but it definitely ain’t holy
Since you’re communicating your words via a vehicle called language (English language here), you must as such understand that you can’t have your cake and eat it. You must respect the language you’ve chosen.

In other words, in the English language (the language you chose for communication), “holy” and “sacred” are synonyms. You cant type “up” (English obviously) and insist that we must understand it as “down”.

So, if you admit Ife is sacred (of course from the point of view of the Yoruba religion), you are by implication admitting that Ife is holy (again from the point of view of the Yoruba religion).

On the other hand, if what you mean by “holy” is from the point of view of religion. Then you must realize that different religions may see things differently.

What you consider “holy” in your religion (e.g. drinking a god’s blood & eating the god’s flesh whether spiritually or physically) may be considered unholy in someone else’s religion. And they have no right to impose their own religious view of “holiness” on such “holy” practice of your own religion.

Peace.

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Both Bow To Greet Each Other (Photo) by Christistruth00: 9:59pm On Sep 10, 2021
TAO11:
You didn’t answer my question. Please do.

But even at that, I would respond to what you wrote. But please do.

Since you’re communicating your words via a vehicle called language (English language here), you must as such understand that you can’t have your cake and eat it. You must respect the language you’ve chosen.

In other words, in the English language (the language you chose for communication), “holy” and “sacred” are synonyms. You cant type “up” (English obviously) and insist that we must understand it as “down”.

So, if you admit Ife is sacred (of course from the point of view of the Yoruba religion), you are by implication admitting that Ife is holy (again from the point of view of the Yoruba religion).

On the other hand, if what you mean by “holy” is from the point of view of religion. Then you must realize that different religions may see things differently.

What you consider “holy” in your religion (e.g. drink a god’s blood eating the god’s flesh whether spiritually or physically) may be considered unholy in someone else’s religion. And they have no write to impose their own religious view of “holiness” on such “holy” practice of your own religion.

Peace.

Do you know that Historically Yoruba religion described Olodumare as the Pure one that was why he was associated with White
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Both Bow To Greet Each Other (Photo) by TAO11(f): 10:02pm On Sep 10, 2021
The following additional reply is because you added the following to your reply after my comment.
Christistruth00:
Jerusalem was the City Dedicated to God and where his Ancient Temple Stood that made it Sacred
This is true only for Judaists, Christians, and Muslims.

The followers of the remaining 4,000+ religions of the world hold that “the City Dedicated to God and where his Ancient Temple Stood” is NOT in any way, shape or form close to Jerusalem.

One of such other religion is the Yoruba Faith, and it holds that “the City Dedicated to God and where his Ancient Temples Stood” is IFE. I hope you get the point now about why you can’t rub your perspective over others. Others have theirs.

Holiness is Perfect Goodness and Ile Ife and even Modakeke ain’t that nice,

A won mejeji o daa

Etanu po ju

Ki Jesu ko si inu Won ni Adura
So, regardless of how you see “holiness” (whether simply as a word in a language, or from the point of view of your own personal religion); IFE is the holiest city of the Yoruba faith, just as Jerusalem is the holiest city of the Jewish faith.

Peace!

3 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Both Bow To Greet Each Other (Photo) by TAO11(f): 10:07pm On Sep 10, 2021
Christistruth00:
Do you know that Historically Yoruba religion described Olodumare as the Pure one that was why he was associated with White
All colors are pure and from God.

Our blood is white. Our skin is white. Our sky is white. Our vegetation is white. The sinless babies’ hairs are white And so forth. All from God. Lol.

But I think you get the point I’ve been making in my foregoing comments.

Peace.

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo & Ooni Both Bow To Greet Each Other (Photo) by Tonim(f): 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2021
Guestlander:

Olodo ni e.

hehe grin

Did you see his school exam results?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) / Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order / Oluwo Of Iwo And Queen Firdaus Step Out Together For The First Time (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.