Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,163 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour (34860 Views)

Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan / Lady Swept Away By Flood After Heavy Downpour In Owerri, Imo State (Video) / Aftermath Of Today's Heavy Downpour In Ijeshatedo, Surulere Lagos (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by RPirez: 6:48pm On Sep 07, 2021
Red muddy Savages! grin
Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by toxtimmy: 6:50pm On Sep 07, 2021
Who built the bridge should be held accountable and face the law... So they can also implicate all those that were involved including those in goverment that took bribes throughout the lifecycle of bridge contract award, building of bridge and signoff from the government.

The funny thing is if this had happened in China the owner of the company that built the bridge would take thier own life due to shame.

I just hope no life lost or injury to anyone when this fake bridge collapsed.

Mutder78:
I blame Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 6:59pm On Sep 07, 2021
Cha E!
Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by OdefaGirl(f): 7:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
princeabdul:
they refused to concentrate on their failure hence the constant attack on buhari no northerner, y'all will learn the hard way.

And what do you mean by that little child?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by lexy2014: 7:13pm On Sep 07, 2021
toxtimmy:
Who built the bridge should be held accountable and face the law... So they can also implicate all those that were involved including those in goverment that took bribes throughout the lifecycle of bridge contract award, building of bridge and signoff from the government.

The funny thing is if this had happened in China the owner of the company that built the bridge would take thier own life due to shame.

I just hope no life lost or injury to anyone when this fake bridge collapsed.

it will be difficult to pin d collapse on d bridge on those who built it. from some responses made so far, d bridge was built many years ago. no matter how well built a bridge is, it needs to be maintained. if it isnt maintained, it will become a death trap.

from d pictures, we can see that erosion had eaten a portion of d road that was supporting d bridge. this wasnt a result of d bridge being badly built. just d effect of weather over time hence d need for maintenance of these facilities. that being said, sometimes, d vagaries of weather can make years of maintenance powerless and useless in d face of intense floods

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by ahnie: 7:16pm On Sep 07, 2021
Op there's nothing like uzere-asaba grin.
Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by Chigold101(m): 7:29pm On Sep 07, 2021
princeabdul:
they refused to concentrate on their failure hence the constant attack on buhari no northerner, y'all will learn the hard way.
And you don't know that that road is a federal road.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by Awoo88: 7:29pm On Sep 07, 2021
princeabdul:
Ur sense no complete at all at all. Bridge collapse, ur first reaction na buhari vs those wen dey call out his failure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by koyyess: 7:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
Common road, black man cannot construct properly. Highest they call Chinese and Lebanese folks to do that for them.

Fish heads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by otokx(m): 7:37pm On Sep 07, 2021
Uzere is my maternal home and in the past could only be accessed by boat from Ughelli. That road that goes to Asabase which is on the banks of the great River Niger was an engineering wonder at that time.

Even when I passed there last year, the road was like they built it on sea. If your car should mistakenly leave the road especially in the wet season it is straight into the floodplains of the River Niger.

The road needs rehabilitation by the Federal Government in the dry season but is there any politician aligned at the Federal level?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by toxtimmy: 7:39pm On Sep 07, 2021
If a sub standard bridge is built that does not meet defined engineering standards then no amount of maintainance can save the bridge and the people that use it from calamity one day.

An example is was the soil tested to see if it can sustain a bridge based on geographical factors such as rain or the kind of loads that the bridge can withstand etc?.. if the soil was tested what was the result and recommendations based on test?... Was the recommendation implemented when building the bridge?

Secondly when you build a bridge you are supposed to put an operational or maintainance plan in place for the person that you built the bridge for... I mean you buy a car and the user manual tells you how to do key items and basic info in how to keep your car safe....I'm not an engineer but i am 100% sure of what I am saying based on oyinbo and experienced local Nigerian civil engineers I have spoken to.

Lastly you talk of erosion, so my ask is what engineering standards was used to build bridge considering the area is erosion prone?... As a bridge builder you just don't build bridge unless the prerequisite engineering and geographical task are done with remediation action items implemented during bridge building.

But honestly I like the way you think as a lot of us no dey think like that hence why Nigeria is where it is today... An example is no where in the report they mentioned the age of the bridge unless I missed it but the point is I want to know why the age of bridge is not mentioned.

lexy2014:

it will be difficult to pin d collapse on d bridge on those who built it. from some responses made so far, d bridge was built many years ago. no matter how ell built a bridge is, it needs to be maintained. if it isnt maintained, it will become a death trap.

from d pictures, we can see that erosion had eaten a portion of d road that was supporting d bridge. this wasnt a result of d bridge being badly built. just d effect of weather over time hence d need for maintenance of these facilities. that being said, sometimes, d vagaries of weather can make years of maintenance powerless and useless in d face of intense floods

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by PreskingPreciou(m): 7:46pm On Sep 07, 2021
[it has a connection linking Umeh, Erowha to East West road running through Bayelsa to Rivers Statequote author=perestroika19 post=105584095]
Was wondering how Uzere inside Isoko South take connect Asaba. Not knowing he meant Asabase. Thanks for the correction. I have been to those places severally. I'm confused on how a road in the hinterland of Isoko villages will be a federal road. Does the road lead to another state? If yes which state? I know one can only connect East West Road through Umeh, Enweh and Igbide from Isoko south[/quote]
Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by Breastfeed: 7:59pm On Sep 07, 2021
Na wa, which kind thing come be this one, I can only imagine hoany people will be affected by this
Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by lexy2014: 8:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
toxtimmy:
If a sub standard bridge is built that does not meet defined engineering standards then no amount of maintainance can save the bridge and the people that use it from calamity one day.

An example is was the soil tested to see if it can sustain a bridge based on geographical factors such as rain or the kind of loads that the bridge can withstand etc?.. if the soil was tested what was the result and recommendations based on test?... Was the recommendation implemented when building the bridge?

Secondly when you build a bridge you are supposed to put an operational or maintainance plan in place for the person that you built the bridge for... I mean you buy a car and the user manual tells you how to do key items and basic info in how to keep your car safe....I'm not an engineer but i am 100% sure of what I am saying based on oyinbo and experienced local Nigerian civil engineers I have spoken to.

Lastly you talk of erosion, so my ask is what engineering standards was used to build bridge considering the area is erosion prone?... As a bridge builder you just don't build bridge unless the prerequisite engineering and geographical task are done with remediation action items implemented during bridge building.

But honestly I like the way you think as a lot of us no dey think like that hence why Nigeria is where it is today... An example is no where in the report they mentioned the age of the bridge unless I missed it but the point is I want to know why the age of bridge is not mentioned.

all u have said hasnt negated a single thing i said. first, for d fact that a bridge isnt maintained doesnt mean that theres no maintenance plan for its maintenance. second, no matter how well a bridge is built, without proper maintenance, it will collapse eventually. third, like i said earlier, under intense rain and flooding, bridges can collapse no matter how well built or maintained. as for d age of d bridge, when was d last time IBB was in office?
Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by Odidigboigbo(m): 8:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
princeabdul:
You see your life? Y

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by toxtimmy: 8:48pm On Sep 07, 2021
Tunnel vision... If you think I was trying to negate anything you've said then there is nothing I can do to help you understand... The funny thing is I commented on your progressive deep thinking but all you are focused on is you are right and I am wrong...same problem that have plagued Nigeria till today.

I'm am sure you have a PhD so I assume you know what root cause analysis is? If you ever want to really solve a problem than do your root cause analysis... That is start from ground zero and walk up to find the problem or problems.

lexy2014:

all u have said hasnt negated a single thing i said. first, for d fact that a bridge isnt maintained doesnt mean that theres no maintenance plan for its maintenance. second, no matter how well a bridge is built, without proper maintenance, it will collapse eventually. third, like i said earlier, under intense rain and flooding, bridges can collapse no matter how well built or maintained. as for d age of d bridge, when was d last time IBB was in office?
Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by perestroika19: 9:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
lalajnr:
oga you haven't been there ones how does Enweh and Igbide connect to the federal road (East West Road) Even Umeh does not connect to East West there market was sited closed to the road but the main town is inside
Your rush to quote stopped you from thinking that there's Enweh junction on East West Road after Evwreni. There's a bar (Wake Up Bar) by that Enwhe junction on the East West Rd. worked all through Isoko land for close to 3 years with my base being Noble Hotel at Oleh. If Umeh doesn't connect East West rd, then I'm sorry I can't help you. Is it not the same East West rd that divided Umeh and the Ijaw speaking town opposite the road before you get to Patani bridge?
Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by slowice(m): 9:03pm On Sep 07, 2021
Everybody here already know who I blame..... Him name start from b

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by lexy2014: 9:10pm On Sep 07, 2021
toxtimmy:
Tunnel vision... If you think I was trying to negate anything you've said then there is nothing I can do to help you understand... The funny thing is I commented on your progressive deep thinking but all you are focused on is you are right and I am wrong...same problem that have plagued Nigeria till today.

I'm am sure you have a PhD so I assume you know what root cause analysis is? If you ever want to really solve a problem than do your root cause analysis... That is start from ground zero and walk up to find the problem or problems.

am glad that u no d problem that has plagued nigeria till today. in addition to that problem, u forgot to add grammar, unnecessary grammar. hope u agree? sometimes less is more
Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by lalajnr(m): 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2021
perestroika19:

Your rush to quote stopped you from thinking that there's Enweh junction on East West Road after Evwreni. There's a bar (Wake Up Bar) by that Enwhe junction on the East West Rd. worked all through Isoko land for close to 3 years with my base being Noble Hotel at Oleh. If Umeh doesn't connect East West rd, then I'm sorry I can't help you. Is it not the same East West rd that divided Umeh and the Ijaw speaking town opposite the road before you get to Patani bridge?
that Enweh junction belongs to Unenurhue whatsoever an Urhobo village
Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by perestroika19: 9:41pm On Sep 07, 2021
lalajnr:
that Enweh junction belongs to Unenurhue whatsoever an Urhobo village
Exactly. Unenurhue, but the road still leads to Enweh and people were warned severally not to pass there during Enweh and Igbide fight. Do you now believe I've been there or not? Even beyond the whole of Isoko
Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by perestroika19: 9:44pm On Sep 07, 2021
PreskingPreciou:
[it has a connection linking Umeh, Erowha to East West road running through Bayelsa to Rivers Statequote author=perestroika19 post=105584095]
Was wondering how Uzere inside Isoko South take connect Asaba. Not knowing he meant Asabase. Thanks for the correction. I have been to those places severally. I'm confused on how a road in the hinterland of Isoko villages will be a federal road. Does the road lead to another state? If yes which state? I know one can only connect East West Road through Umeh, Enweh and Igbide from Isoko south
Now I understand. Thanks.
Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by drololaaof: 9:47pm On Sep 07, 2021
This is showing the efficiency of our so called supervisory engineers and our local contractors. The worst are the road repaired by Federal road maintenance agencies (Ferma) undulating and failing with portholes shortly after such repairs. Owena in Ondo state along Ondo -Akure road is a good example less a month it is failing already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by toxtimmy: 11:00pm On Sep 07, 2021
Stay humble my friend .. stay humble.

lexy2014:

am glad that u no d problem that has plagued nigeria till today. in addition to that problem, u forgot to add grammar, unnecessary grammar. hope u agree? sometimes less is more

Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by toxtimmy: 1:57am On Sep 08, 2021
Stay humble my friend... The worst kind of humans are those that blame everything but themselves when the effed up... Try and read next time.

lexy2014:

Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by Crossroad1(m): 5:28am On Sep 08, 2021
princeabdul:
they refused to concentrate on their failure hence the constant attack on buhari and northerners. y'all will learn the hard way.
Mr mumu, it is a federal government project
Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by lexy2014: 7:05am On Sep 08, 2021
toxtimmy:
Stay humble my friend... The worst kind of humans are those that blame everything but themselves when the effed up... Try and read next time.

Can u show me d blame u referring to? U just confirmed my point about "unnecessary grammar".
Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by toxtimmy: 10:04am On Sep 08, 2021
If you like stick your head where the sun never shines... At the end of the day it is still your head and your smell.

lexy2014:

Can u show me d blame u referring to? U just confirmed my point about "unnecessary grammar".
Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by lexy2014: 11:45am On Sep 08, 2021
toxtimmy:
If you like stick your head where the sun never shines... At the end of the day it is still your head and your smell.

we still saying d same thing about "unnecessary grammar".
Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by toxtimmy: 12:20pm On Sep 08, 2021
“Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have the answers" ~ Socrates

lexy2014:

we still saying d same thing about "unnecessary grammar".
Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by lexy2014: 12:30pm On Sep 08, 2021
toxtimmy:
“Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have the answers" ~ Socrates

based on d Socrates quote, if u arent learning from me, what does that make u?
its still boils down to what i said about "unnecessary grammar".
Re: Uzere-Asaba Expressway Bridge Collapses After A Heavy Downpour by toxtimmy: 12:50pm On Sep 08, 2021
Glad you learnt something from Socrates today.... Your next lesson is to learn how to see your nose without a mirror... That I can't teach you though even if I had gone to grammer school I still can't grammar that for you cause even Einstein cannot put block into a come head.

I bet you will respond to this because you can't see your nose even though it's on your head and just under your eyes.

I dare you will reply and if you don't that means you agree you have a block head.

lexy2014:

based on d Socrates quote, if u arent learning from me, what does that make u?
its still boils down to what i said about "unnecessary grammar".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kekwaru Ngozi Mary Gets Free Canada Permanent Residency After Returning $70,000 / Accident Involving Cattle And A Truck In Benin City (Graphic Photos) / Pictures Ten-Lane Idongesit Nkanga Avenue In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.