Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Security: Don't Just Lock Your Smart Phones But Do These Too.. E Get Why - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Security: Don't Just Lock Your Smart Phones But Do These Too.. E Get Why (892 Views)

Parents, Stop Leaving Your Kids At Your Shops E Get Why. / Lock Your Sim Cards WARNING. / Man Who Was On His Way To Lock A Church Among Those Killed In Kaduna Crisis(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security: Don't Just Lock Your Smart Phones But Do These Too.. E Get Why by cliqtips: 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hello pals,
Following many reports and this news I read this morning about a lady whose account was used to collect loan after stealing her Phones according to her brother's report which can be found here:
https://www.nairaland.com/6739561/armed-robbers-used-sisters-bank/1#105571536

I think for security reasons, people should lock their SIM cards not only their smart phones.

When a thief can't access your smart phone(s) because he/she can't crack your Phone PIN lock or face/thumb recognition.

They'll surely remove your sim card from the phone (Of course, they only need your SIM card to access your bank details) by inserting it in another phone.

Now, let say you have your SIM Card locked as well.

The person has just 3 attempts to unlock your SIM card and if he/she fails, the network will automatically BLOCK your SIM card for you (that sound cools, right ?)

That is like a 2nd tier security measure if you ask me.

One more thing, I don't know if this would make sense to you as well, get a Prepaid card or a Virtual card or always hold an ATM card that is NOT linked to your main account, e get why grin

So, You can always transfer money to those other cards when you are going out to get some thing or going for shopping grin grin
I mean let's say your ATM card got missing or stolen, you would be rest assured that it is not the ATM card linked to your main account (Salary account or business or as the case may be for you).

Does this make sense to anyone ?

I think these tips should help somebody.... Kindly SHARE if it makes sense sha

Cc Seun
Mynd.d44
lalasticala

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security: Don't Just Lock Your Smart Phones But Do These Too.. E Get Why by Bola146(f): 4:07pm On Sep 07, 2021
Exactly

2 Likes

Re: Security: Don't Just Lock Your Smart Phones But Do These Too.. E Get Why by culf: 4:14pm On Sep 07, 2021
Good advise

1 Like

Re: Security: Don't Just Lock Your Smart Phones But Do These Too.. E Get Why by Treasure17(m): 4:30pm On Sep 07, 2021
These can at least prevent intruder from having access to your data. People should embrace this idea.

1 Like

Re: Security: Don't Just Lock Your Smart Phones But Do These Too.. E Get Why by Sundaypaul12345: 4:44pm On Sep 07, 2021
Nice idea OP
Re: Security: Don't Just Lock Your Smart Phones But Do These Too.. E Get Why by cliqtips: 4:52pm On Sep 07, 2021
Thank you..
Sundaypaul12345:
Nice idea OP
Re: Security: Don't Just Lock Your Smart Phones But Do These Too.. E Get Why by cliqtips: 4:52pm On Sep 07, 2021
I know right..
culf:
Good advise
Re: Security: Don't Just Lock Your Smart Phones But Do These Too.. E Get Why by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 07, 2021
Op, kindly explain how to lock the sim, thank you
Re: Security: Don't Just Lock Your Smart Phones But Do These Too.. E Get Why by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 07, 2021
What of me that have forgotten my Sim pin code and have one trial left?
Re: Security: Don't Just Lock Your Smart Phones But Do These Too.. E Get Why by haslaw(m): 6:45pm On Sep 07, 2021
Very sound advice. I was a victim of such crime when a pickpocket stole my Samsung mobile phone. The phone was locked but the SIM card wasn't and the evil thief was able to empty my bank account
Re: Security: Don't Just Lock Your Smart Phones But Do These Too.. E Get Why by cliqtips: 7:11pm On Sep 07, 2021
it depends on your SIM network

Please what network are you using ?
ifyken:
Op, kindly explain how to lock the sim, thank you
Re: Security: Don't Just Lock Your Smart Phones But Do These Too.. E Get Why by cliqtips: 7:11pm On Sep 07, 2021
wow.... sorry about your loss
haslaw:
Very sound advice. I was a victim of such crime when a pickpocket stole my Samsung mobile phone. The phone was locked but the SIM card wasn't and the evil thief was able to empty my bank account
Re: Security: Don't Just Lock Your Smart Phones But Do These Too.. E Get Why by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 7:14pm On Sep 07, 2021
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: Security: Don't Just Lock Your Smart Phones But Do These Too.. E Get Why by haslaw(m): 8:37pm On Sep 07, 2021
cliqtips:
wow.... sorry about your loss

Thanks so much bro.. The effect of the SIM card was a lot more than that of the phone.

(1) (Reply)

Who brought Methamphetamine to my Country? / This Is How Weapons Are Supplied To Criminals In Some Part Of Africa / Boy 9 Years Old Shot Sister 13 Years In The Head And Died As Boy Gave Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.