Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,307 members, 7,954,233 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:04 PM

Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! (4643 Views)

South West Nigeria: Kidnappers Demand N50 Mil Ransom For Ogun Lawmaker's Mum / Ogun Lawmaker To Pay Kidnappers N50m / Ogun Lawmaker’s Wife Kidnapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by aloyemeka1: 10:45pm On May 23, 2011
[size=14pt]Gunmen Kill Lawmaker In Ogun
[/size]

Tragedy struck on Saturday night at Ijebu-Ode in Ijebu-Ode local government area of Ogun State when a former leader of the legislative arm of Odogbolu local government, Hon Korede Osibanjo, was shot dead by people suspected to be hired killers.According to an eyewitness account, the incident occurred at Ijebu-Ode township, near a place called Mosun Café, following a mysterious call received by Hon Korede Osibanjo.Our source said: “Immediately he received the call at around 7pm, he immediately headed to the venue described to him on the phone. It was when he got to the venue that he saw that it was people that meant to kill him that actually called”.
He continued: “These suspected gunmen on sighting their assailant opened fire on him. He had to scamper for safety, but unfortunately they overpowered him and shot him at close range before they sped off in an unmarked Toyota Camry car.”

It was learnt that Osibanjo struggled and attracted attention from passersby, but before help could come he had given up the ghost.
Until about four months ago, Osibanjo was the leader of Odogbolu local government legislative house, representing Imosan Ward and also one of the few members of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) that refused to decamp to the Peoples Party of Nigeria (PPN).
He is survived by an aged mother and one child.

All efforts by LEADERSHIP to confirm the story from the police public relations officer, Muyiwa Ademola, proved abortive as his phone was not available.
But, a senior police officer at Obalende police station, Ijebu-Ode who preferred to speak on the condition of anonymity confirmed the story. According to the police officer, “the family of the deceased reported the missing of Osibanjo at the station at around 3am on Saturday before we finally saw his corpse at Mosun Café in Ijebu Ode.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/general/95850-gunmen-kill-lawmaker-in-ogun.html
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by AndreUweh(m): 11:10pm On May 23, 2011
Amosun the gov-elect has got a lot of job to do especially on security in Ogun state. Too bad.
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 23, 2011
Asassination is one of the legacy of gbenga daniel's 8 years of misrule afterall he killed Dipo Dina.
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by AndreUweh(m): 11:34pm On May 23, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Asassination is one of the legacy of gbenga daniel's 8 years of misrule afterall he killed Dipo Dina.
Please be careful here. It is not certain that he killed Dipo Dina, ni Jesu Oluwa wa.
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by 1025: 11:41pm On May 23, 2011
i love stories like this. it is good to see these men fall down like trees. these idiots that have refused to fix the security of the system are actually the victims.
pls these guys shld try and fall more idiots who think they can steal our funds and still enjoy before us as if they are above the law
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by aloyemeka1: 11:44pm On May 23, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Why should he kill this man after he lost out?. It's not as if the man was the gov elect lest we say he wants another election. Be careful on how you accuse people for something they may be innocent of with your big mouth.
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by aloyemeka1: 11:45pm On May 23, 2011
1025:

i love stories like this. it is good to see these men fall down like trees. these idiots that have refused to fix the security of the system are actually the victims.
pls these guys shld try and fall more idiots who think they can steal our funds and still enjoy before us as if they are above the law

Others love stories like steady power supply in Nigeria, better roads and airports built by Fashola and so on and what you love is killing people?. Are you crazy?
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by AndreUweh(m): 11:48pm On May 23, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Why should he kill this man after he lost out?. It's not as if the man was the gov elect lest we say he wants another election. Be careful on how you accuse people for something they may be innocent of with your big mouth.
WORD.
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by dplordx(m): 4:38pm On May 24, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Please be careful here. It is not certain that he killed Dipo Dina, ni Jesu Oluwa wa.

Then who did? You?
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by AndreUweh(m): 4:42pm On May 24, 2011
dplordx:

Then who did? You?
Yes I did.
Are you happy now?.
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by lucabrasi(m): 4:43pm On May 24, 2011
the man was killed by his cohorts,and the police could start from checking his call logs and those he had dealings with in the last couple of weeks/months
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by dplordx(m): 4:46pm On May 24, 2011
Andre Uweh:

WORD.

You sound so naive. What about payback? Didnt all these losers swore an oath to OGD that they would never betray him come rain or sun shine?
This is how godfathers operate. Once you misbehave, they come after you irregardless of whats happening. Even if the guy won, OGD would still hit him.
Its a shame GEJ wont persecute this man and reward him with some immunity.
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by Kobojunkie: 5:01pm On May 24, 2011
violent:

Your head must be empty, or at best full of shyt!
If murder stories excite you that much, then we can only but join hands in prayer with you that you get to experience such some day!
If you weren't so dumb, then you would have realized that an individual lawmaker has very limited ability to improve the security of a state.  A state's security is controlled by the federal government, even the governor has very limited powers.

I believe what @1025 is trying to say is that, it is good to see that these men are now falling victim to their own ineptitude.

Formerly, it seemed only innocent civilians fell victim to the high crime rates in our society. We hired these legislators to get things right but they have mostly chosen to instead focus on enriching themselves, and not caring about the people. So whenever it hits them, it is not out of place to smile and believe, well, hope that the incident would be a wake up call, of some sort ,for those still alive, to get to work securing the people as they were supposed to in the first place.
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by anishe(m): 5:08pm On May 24, 2011
So sad. I can imagine the situation of things for his immediate families. The onus in on the Nigerian Police to investigate and bring the perpetrators of this dastardly act to book.
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by ufumes(m): 5:13pm On May 24, 2011
Its a pity, but what are hired killers doing with FORMER local Government Leader?
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by rookie(m): 5:38pm On May 24, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I believe what @1025 is trying to say is that, it is good to see that these men are now falling victim to their own ineptitude.

Formerly, it seemed only innocent civilians fell victim to the high crime rates in our society. We hired these legislators to get things right but they have mostly chosen to instead focus on enriching themselves, and not caring about the people.  So whenever it hits them, it is not out of place to smile and believe, well, hope that the incident would be a wake up call, of some sort ,for those still alive, to get to work securing the people as they were supposed to in the first place.

I'm afraid, this isn't the case with our unfortunate leaders. To them, a "wake up call" only means steal more money to afford personal armored cars, and body guards etc. This is their understanding of security.
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by karis: 5:57pm On May 24, 2011
There is always more to most of this happenings than meets the eye,
Shady deals, power tussles, all sorts, most times only the killer and the killed can tell what is really up,
the law of sowing and reaping cannot be ignored either undecided
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by adebio: 6:06pm On May 24, 2011
We have 2 b very careful what we say at times. One is clueless about what actually happened until a thorough investigation is carried out. You can pass judgement anyhow.
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by prefers555: 6:32pm On May 24, 2011
@1025, ur comments are not only callous, but cruel. Imagine if the child and bereaved mother are reading ur comments. I can imagine u would laugh loud u did nigeria a good favour. I guess not. I think u should withdraw ur statement. We are not suppose to make in-human statements especially when it involves grieving families.
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by hackney(m): 7:01pm On May 24, 2011
All the lawmakers should be assasinated.
the entire houses of assembly and senate too should be assasination targets for all groups.
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by dayokanu(m): 7:10pm On May 24, 2011
PDP at work again
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by vislabraye(m): 7:28pm On May 24, 2011
Wild wild West. . . Its been long since we heard of assasination.
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by violent(m): 8:29pm On May 24, 2011
my comment was deleted, wtf?
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by cvibe: 8:35pm On May 24, 2011
These people still killing each other, thought election was over
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by 13volts(m): 8:45pm On May 24, 2011
the dude shud be blamed for his own death, imagine following orders from a mysterious call
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by tpia5: 8:47pm On May 24, 2011
scary.
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by lanrujay(m): 9:35pm On May 24, 2011
seriously i need to make this clear!
This man Gbenga Daniel is a terrible man!
I used to be in one of his numerous political thuggery camps then he is dangerous with the commissioner of sports whose nickname is OZONGULAR he basically recruits "EYIE" confraternity guys to do his deadly acts!
these are no allegations i have the proof in the book i am compiling i am a reformed man now!
he cant deny all these!
I wish his the Nigerian police would act bravely on the letters sent to them since the january 2011!
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by Koikoi(m): 10:08pm On May 24, 2011
although i'm not in support of these killings, i must say that the bigger fishes are getting away with their loots. dmark's gunning for more loot and so are a lot of others who are actually milking this country dry. these are the ones who should get the slug and not an unknown lg boss. sad!
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by popoyeh(m): 10:52pm On May 24, 2011
God, pls take control of the situation in my state.
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by HighChief4(m): 11:28pm On May 24, 2011
We feel bad when they die, but while alive and in power we condem them. So many more looters leaders have to be killed for Nigeria to be a successful state, but its unfortunate that the lower ones are being killed. May his soul RIP
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by gbolozy: 12:17am On May 25, 2011
well,,,only GOD knows what happened,,,but if na for the truth to come out, FORGET IT, TOO MANY UNSOLVED HIGH PROFILE MURDERS still full ground ooo,,, police hands full.
Re: Ogun Lawmaker Assassinated! by aloyemeka1: 6:46am On May 25, 2011
OGD is the God of Ogun. That is why he rearranged GOD as OGD.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Of The Updates In Osun Local Govt Area Result.. / Buhari:Amaechi, Ngige and Onu to become ministers without portfolio- Vanguard / Northern Senators Forum: “we Will Go Our Separate Ways If Fulani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.