Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Vista Issues With Oracle 10g - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Vista Issues With Oracle 10g (4116 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Oracle 10g Installation On Solaris 10 / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vista Issues With Oracle 10g by Gomez(m): 8:52pm On Jul 20, 2007
i just bought a new acer aspire with vista home premium edition and when i tried to install Oracle 10g on it
i got OS incompactibility error and it is becos of the oracle that i bought the machine.
if i upgrade to ultimate version will it solve the problem or should i downgrade the machine to XP?
thanks.
Re: Vista Issues With Oracle 10g by smartsoft(m): 5:27pm On Jul 21, 2007
bros abeg remove that sucking OS it gives problem alot and downgrade to XP that is still the best thing and wait were do you get your opracle10g CD from hope it complete sha.
Re: Vista Issues With Oracle 10g by Dynast(m): 12:04pm On Jul 23, 2007
How many partitions do you have in your HDD
Make sure you have up to 4 partitions or sth like that Oracle will not run on a single partition HDD
The other partition on ur machine is a backup HDD
Also you shld upgrade ur VIsta to Enterprise or pROFFESSIONAL Edition

Just my penny
Re: Vista Issues With Oracle 10g by Gomez(m): 3:28pm On Jul 23, 2007
i have two partitions but i dont think is a partition problem.
on the upgrade stuff i really do i get original vista ultimate or enteprise i m quite far from lag?
Can i install XP on a different partition in the same machine that runs vista home?
having two of them working in the same computer?
Re: Vista Issues With Oracle 10g by A40(m): 6:25pm On Aug 19, 2008
@Gomez
You can either downgrade to an XP or get the Oracle 10G release 2 version that would work on Vista.I must warn you though Oracle on Vista is a mess
Re: Vista Issues With Oracle 10g by amasha(f): 8:41pm On Aug 21, 2008
I think Oracle on Vista is ok. Thatz wat i use since it was totally impossible for me to get Linux on my laptop even when i used a Virtual Machine so i just decided to use the Vista Version and im loving it. Its almost the same as using it on Linux.
Re: Vista Issues With Oracle 10g by A40(m): 3:57pm On Aug 22, 2008
amasha:

I think Oracle on Vista is ok. Thatz what i use since it was totally impossible for me to get Linux on my laptop even when i used a Virtual Machine so i just decided to use the Vista Version and im loving it. Its almost the same as using it on Linux.
Its not like its bad but its way better on XP there are some little hitches here and there especially when you are using SQL Plus
Re: Vista Issues With Oracle 10g by amasha(f): 5:41pm On Aug 22, 2008
dts true!! bt its still ok tho
Re: Vista Issues With Oracle 10g by A40(m): 2:22pm On Aug 23, 2008
@Gomez
So simply put just look for a 10g release 2 and it should be ready to roll on your Vista

@amasha
Do you have problems on your System? especially when you are trying to edit commands on your SQL Plus or is it just me?
Re: Vista Issues With Oracle 10g by amasha(f): 9:23pm On Aug 23, 2008
well i just started having problems 2day n its pretty annoying.About SQL*PLUS, i have problems editing commands. When i try using the hr account it keeps telling me that its locked when its not.
Re: Vista Issues With Oracle 10g by Bassie(m): 7:27am On Aug 24, 2008
There's a Work around to intall Oracle 10g on Vista, but chances are that it's behaviour would be totally unpredictable, working at one time perfectly and at another time messing up totally.As Options,why dont you try downgrading your OS or get the oracle 10G update for Vista. Of my two options, i think the former will be the best to take.
Re: Vista Issues With Oracle 10g by A40(m): 4:27pm On Aug 29, 2008
@amasha
I told ya cheesy.Its normal sha you would get pretty used to it with time as for your HR i dont know wassup with that my HR is working fine i only have issues with my EM and the fact that i cant open the performance and admin windows
Re: Vista Issues With Oracle 10g by amasha(f): 7:12pm On Aug 29, 2008
i hope ur not trying to laff at me?? angry, i'll uninstall it and install it again, i hope it works well this time because im really pissed and im preparing to write my exams in a wk
Re: Vista Issues With Oracle 10g by A40(m): 7:10pm On Sep 02, 2008
@FreemanMic
True talk

@amasha
Ahh Ahh Mademoiselle why on earth would i do that?Hmm uninstalling and installing might give you problems but go for it if you have to do it the problem is if your cd is not original you are bound to have one or two problems here and there
Re: Vista Issues With Oracle 10g by sureboy1: 1:48am On Sep 07, 2009
Pls can sm1 assist me, i installed oracle on vista on my oracle OS, but cannot launch the browser,the GUI as well as launch isql. if any soln pls mail me
on omogidi4real@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Is SAMSUNG Service Center @ Oshodi In Lagos? / International Organisations That Give Out Money Or Laptop For Free / Latest 9mobile Free Browsing Cheats Settings For Opera Mini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.