Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Requesting For Redeployment From HR - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Requesting For Redeployment From HR (8158 Views)

Requesting For Intership Training In An Architecture Firm / Journalist Vivian Ottih Suspended Indefinitely For Requesting Salary On Facebook / Nigeria’s Top 50 HR Professionals To Be Unveiled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by Necxs: 6:51pm On Sep 20, 2021
akseun:
Bro, all the best........
Foreign used Fujitsu AH40/G
Corei3
4GB Ram
320GB hard drive
DVD rom
Webcam
58k only
0:8:0:6:0:9:1:3:2:4:9
Your Location?
Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by humility33(m): 7:10pm On Sep 20, 2021
CrystalMax:

I made this move years back and I regret it now.
Don't force things bro, dance to the rythmn life is playing for you.
There is nothing wrong in developing yourself in this 'new' field you have found yourself. Sometimes God strategically position us for a future we have no clue about.
I regret leaving HR all in the name of I want to practise engineering 5years after. Build yourself in this new found path, it might be your escape route for a better life in years to come.
Your COREN et al are added advantage....they are not a waste.

Bro do you understand what they call career fulfilment

Currently I found myself working in an engineering field but in all honesty i dont see myself building a career there wanna be an HR almost done with my certification programs in HR
I try redeploy the last time my HoD refuse let me go... hoping to start applying for jobs outside immediately I am done and currently I am doing some HR volunteer works

There is what they call career fulfilment doing what u have passion for and not just to have a pay check by month end

1 Like

Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by airexx: 7:11pm On Sep 20, 2021
akseun:
Bro, all the best........
Foreign used Fujitsu AH40/G
Corei3
4GB Ram
320GB hard drive
DVD rom
Webcam
58k only
0:8:0:6:0:9:1:3:2:4:9
Location?
35k serious buyer
Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by humility33(m): 7:11pm On Sep 20, 2021
Yankiss:
It will depend on the kind of company. You have to tread with caution. You said it's a private company. Before you go official with your request, approach a knowledgeable and dependable source - if possible, discuss with HR informally and only tender official letter at his advice. Do not sound bored with your current Audit job. Let HR understand you are cool with the job and have always put in your best. But you are curious to know if, with your Engineering degree, you would not prove even better in the department related to your education. Good luck.

This is the best advice OP

Take it
Good luck I pray it proves successful for u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by Patented: 8:06pm On Sep 20, 2021
why not fpcus your energy on getting another Job.
jurgenkloppp:
I have worked in a private engineering company for 6 years. I got in through their Graduate Trainee Program in 2015. On completion of my 1 year training, I was deployed to their Audit department despite being an Engineering graduate. I was shocked, dismayed and depressed as I didn't know how my career will pan out working in Audit department as an Engineering graduate.

Fortunately, I started my Masters in Engineering, few months after my deployment to Audit. This gave me some glimpse of hope and direction in my career as an engineer. I have completed my Masters in Engineering program, registered with the Nigerian Society of Engineers (MNSE), Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) and the Nigerian Institute of Power Engineers (MNIPE). Despite my professional qualifications in Engineering, I do not have hands-on experience in engineering despite being in an engineering environment.

I have spent 5 years in Audit department, of which largely I have not been fulfilled. I want to practise my profession and I also believe I will add more value to the company if redeployed to a Technical department.

Do you guys think approaching the HR to request for redeployment on the grounds that I believe I can add more value to the company is a good idea? If it is, How can I go about it? I will appreciate your suggestions and advice.
Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by CrystalMax: 8:11pm On Sep 20, 2021
humility33:

Bro do you understand what they call career fulfilment

Currently I found myself working in an engineering field but in all honesty i dont see myself building a career there wanna be an HR almost done with my certification programs in HR
I try redeploy the last time my HoD refuse let me go... hoping to start applying for jobs outside immediately I am done and currently I am doing some HR volunteer works

There is what they call career fulfilment doing what u have passion for and not just to have a pay check by month end
You are very correct!
But how do you survive in the present? How do you cope with the current tide? Do you resign from a "not so bad career path" because you are looking for career fulfilment and then leave for an unknown land of joblessness?
I validate his efforts to get Engineering certifications. Nonetheless, I opine that we should enjoy the reality that befalls us, if our efforts is not yielding the desired result. We should enjoy it with the hope of a change, and if it never comes.....having done all we could,we relax!
Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by Danjikanbauchi: 8:22pm On Sep 20, 2021
@ op if the HR is a lady from Edo state pray and make your request official copied through the right communication channels, again if she is a lady from Edo state mmmm, I will join you in prayers.
Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by humility33(m): 9:47pm On Sep 20, 2021
CrystalMax:

You are very correct!
But how do you survive in the present? How do you cope with the current tide? Do you resign from a "not so bad career path" because you are looking for career fulfilment and then leave for an unknown land of joblessness?
I validate his efforts to get Engineering certifications. Nonetheless, I opine that we should enjoy the reality that befalls us, if our efforts is not yielding the desired result. We should enjoy it with the hope of a change, and if it never comes.....having done all we could,we relax!

Change will always come if u refuse to give up

I have made up my mind never to settle for less no matter how long it takes
Will do my part by working hard and then by faith pray and let God do his part

Learn never to settle for less
Be ambitious
Be a fighter and believe in your dreams come what may

Anyone can quit but not me
I am saying this because thats what i believe and I have a do or die attitude

But that shouldn't stop u from giving your best at your current job role but still work hard and pray for what you truly desire

1 Like

Re: Requesting For Redeployment From HR by kazyhm(m): 8:04am On Sep 21, 2021
COREN registering engineers with no practical knowledge.....worse case....an electrical engineer supervising a civil engineer project for COREN registration......den full my organization.

Sorry, COREN certificate is not equal to competency....and does not guarantee value to any team.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shorthand Still Relevant Or Not In Secretariat Career / Don’t Release Our Pay To LG Bosses; They’ll Spend It On Girlfriends – Ebonyi NUT / How Was The First Day Of Your Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.