Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE (50158 Views)

2013 Volkswagen Passat 2.0L VS 2014 Toyota Camry LE 4dr / 2012 Bmw 5 Series Vs 2010 MB E350 Vs 2014 Honda Accord? / HELP! 2013 Vs 2014 Toyota Highlander. Which Is More Rugged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by Topmaike007(m): 2:30pm On Sep 09, 2021
duality:

So you've not seen in 2012 model? I've seen ooo
I haven't seen.. When they tell you guys should buy better oem Una no go gree na made in Inewi Una go dey find

2 Likes

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by duality(m): 2:35pm On Sep 09, 2021
Topmaike007:
I haven't seen.. When they tell you guys should buy better oem Una no go gree na made in Inewi Una go dey find

I've seen plenty.
Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by airsaylongcome: 2:37pm On Sep 09, 2021
Sambab:

Not all Honda have wheels problem, it's only Honda Accord that has wheel or body joint problem... Honda City and Honda Civic are not having any problem with legs or body joint.

When people don't research, they make very stupid sweeping generalisations. I remember driving an Audi A4 B7 with problematic CVT tranny. Actually the CVT design for that year model was faulty globally. Does that then mean that Audis have tranny issues? People wey never buy keke go dey cap careless cappings

9 Likes

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by friendl: 2:39pm On Sep 09, 2021
nurey:

All these only you grin funny comparing accord with camry

You no know wetin you dey type ,which problem Honda get ?
Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by Aaaaarghmed(m): 2:41pm On Sep 09, 2021
Camry is for aged people.i can buy it for my grandama

4 Likes

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by dadabashua1(m): 2:44pm On Sep 09, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
Camry is for aged people.i can buy it for my grandama
lol,my brother, we that have the two rides understand what you are talking about...baba no be lie accord sweet pass Camry well well,truth be told cheesy

9 Likes

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by captainking(m): 2:47pm On Sep 09, 2021
laiza:
The Honda has better fuel efficiency but durability and speed the Toyota 2014 is the best. It was designed for better performance than the previous model and it was specifically made in the year Japan was hosting drag racing tournament. That car brain box has 14 pins, it is not just a car, that is a machine. But if you can't maintain it best go for the Honda because it costs a lot to maintain and be mindful of the wheels of the Honda as all Honda cars have that problem.
You wrote a lot wrong things out there...
Chiaa

2 Likes

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by SATANlST: 2:47pm On Sep 09, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
pls stop commenting on car comparison.you call that camry a machine!!!!.you definitely dnt knw anything about cars
all of una wey know should post na,
all of u are just criticizing him without stating any point. nigerians can be annoyng o
Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by Kobicove(m): 2:48pm On Sep 09, 2021
adanny01:

Abeg, visit Kano.

You will understand you are talking of one part of Nigeria.

The number of cars on Lagos roads alone are 10times the number of cars on the roads of Kano therefore Lagos is a better representation of the population

3 Likes

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by dadabashua1(m): 2:49pm On Sep 09, 2021
Kobicove:

The number of cars on Lagos roads alone are 10times the number of cars on the roads of Kano therefore Lagos is a better representation of the population
haaaaaaa bros...I've you been to kano before? 10 times...my God.

7 Likes

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by kolaaderin: 2:52pm On Sep 09, 2021
laiza:
The Honda has better fuel efficiency but durability and speed the Toyota 2014 is the best. It was designed for better performance than the previous model and it was specifically made in the year Japan was hosting drag racing tournament. That car brain box has 14 pins, it is not just a car, that is a machine. But if you can't maintain it best go for the Honda because it costs a lot to maintain and be mindful of the wheels of the Honda as all Honda cars have that problem.
I was expecting someone to make mention of the wheel of Honda, That suspension Issue mainly affected Honda Accord models from the Babyboy generation to discussion continue, I.e 1999 to 2007 Honda Accord. Honda Civic has no such suspension issue likewise other models of Honda, Like Pilot, Oddysse and City.
This Stereotyping against Honda has really affected the sales of Honda In Nigeria, else Honda Has a better reliable engine than the Toyotas.
As for my choice on this, I will pick the accord 10 times over the camry, i really dont like that 2012/2013 camry, the 07 camry looks way better that that shit.

13 Likes

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by freezyprinzy(m): 2:54pm On Sep 09, 2021
LaSenior:
cheesy

I like honda accord if not for the leg issues

Honda fades away very much quickly compared to the Camry

When it comes to interiors design and dashboard buttons leave it for Honda dem dey finish work for that side, enter inside honda for night the dashboard go be like aircraft cockpit.

The interior fixtures Toyota can't give you in Camry model 2010 , honda Will give give it to you in accord 2008 model

Second value leave it for Toyota
Durability leave it for Toyota
Honda fades away than the Camry? Really ? Toyota with plastic interior? The Toyota is boring i used it for 6months sold it and bought the accord,the accord is a better car.

8 Likes

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by gagadey(m): 2:54pm On Sep 09, 2021
You see this Honda, na fine car ooo!

But think about the maintenance first bro. Its expensive to maintain from what I know.
I have never been a fan of Toyota. I nvr use toyota for my life. But i presently want to sell my Mazda SUV and get a toyota so i can have peace of mind.
Maintenance for other cars in Nigeria sucks. Nor be say the money nor dey, but i nr come dis life to maintain only motor.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by 247orile: 2:58pm On Sep 09, 2021
Toyota for life....
Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:00pm On Sep 09, 2021
Honda is Bae if you like speed. Don't know sh*t about Camry but Honda has always been Bae and I always leave Camry behind on the road

4 Likes

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by Sholaco: 3:00pm On Sep 09, 2021
laiza:
Hahahahahaha this your comparison cheesy..be like when I was using golf 3. I dey always say that no car strong reach golf, until God changed the story with Camry

4 Likes

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by Omotaday(m): 3:03pm On Sep 09, 2021
I will take the Honda any time. I almost bought the Camry 2014 last year, the boring interior and inferior speakers discouraged me. It is just like Camry 08 09(Muscle), big body, nothing special.

The accord has better fuel consumption, better interior, side mirror camera and low maintenance. More classy than the Camry.

When are we going to compare Accord 16/17 to its counterpart in Toyota? grin I can speak with my full chest on that one grin

12 Likes

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by 1Alex: 3:07pm On Sep 09, 2021
LaSenior:
cheesy

I like honda accord if not for the leg issues

Honda fades away very much quickly compared to the Camry

When it comes to interiors design and dashboard buttons leave it for Honda dem dey finish work for that side, enter inside honda for night the dashboard go be like aircraft cockpit

The interior fixtures Toyota can't give you in Camry model 2010 , honda Will give give it to you in accord 2008 model

Second value leave it for Toyota
Durability leave it for Toyota
leg issues stopped with the 2007 Accord. (Discussion continues)

1 Like

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 09, 2021
Na rich people plenty for this thread.Abeg make una cut small soap for me.Make I send my aza for a token?Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by Emmanuel909090: 3:13pm On Sep 09, 2021
I have used both cars, they are all good.
I doubt honda has better fuel economy, i think the camry does, and for acceleration after a stop, it all depends on your car in particular because my Es 330 has that delay untill i fixed it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by OfficialDJ: 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2021
yungz:

funny, you open mouth call camry xe a machine sad

so what’s now this ones
are those camry cars?
What concerns a lexus lfa and a bmw x series with ordinary camry?

1 Like

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by Maxvasia(m): 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2021
DukeNija:
As someone who has used both cars, I consider myself more than qualified to respond from a user standpoint.

Camry 2012-14
(Pros)
1. Soft suspension, less bumpy ride ( Lexus like)
2. Fast passing power at cruising speed
3. Very reliable
4. Okay fuel economy

Cons
1. Less responsive acceleration from stop
2. Lackluster handling and driving dynamics
3. Confusing infotainment system especially the Bluetooth connection and blurry screen
4. Boring interior (I had the XLE)

Honda Accord 2013-15
(Pros)
1. Fast acceleration from stop
2. Quality and more luxurious interior (EXL)
3. Excellent fuel economy and even better with the ECON button available in all options.
4. Good infotainment system, clearer and more user friendly screen
5. Better safety features like the blindspot camera which is soooo important in Lagos. Lol

Cons.
1. Harsher ride and suspension(You feel more road bumps than the Camry)
2. More road noise especially at cruising speed
3. Slightly less reliable than the Camry

NB: I sold the Camry and bought the Accord. I was never in tune with the Camry as a driving enthusiast. The Accord is a match made in Japan.
My wife and Dad prefer the Camry.
This is my honest opinion cos they’re both excellent cars.

This was beautiful to read. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by smeag0l(m): 3:20pm On Sep 09, 2021
I was wondering too. Cos the keg problem for Honda ended in the 2006 series. I drive a honda that's beyond 2010 and I don't experience such. I have friends that do too. Honda accord has better internal aesthetics and fuel economy than Toyota Camry. Even when it comes to speed accord is still slightly ahead. Only the ruggedity of the Camry transmission and engine beats that of Honda accord.
MARKone:

I was getting mesmerized reading your post, till I got to the part you said all Honda cars have leg problem, really?! That means all you gloriously wrote up there about the Camry might be false.

2 Likes

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by dadabashua1(m): 3:23pm On Sep 09, 2021
smeag0l:
I was wondering too. Cos the keg problem for Honda ended in the 2006 series. I drive a honda that's beyond 2010 and I don't experience such. I have friends that do too. Honda accord has better internal aesthetics and fuel economy than Toyota Camry. Even when it comes to speed accord is still slightly ahead. Only the ruggedity of the Camry transmission and engine beats that of Honda accord.
transmission may be yes...but accord beat Camry in engine o,Honda major strength na engine,dem no de follow dem drag that one self... But I agree the transmission Toyota makes stronger ones but engine is Honda.

6 Likes

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by Draxy(m): 3:24pm On Sep 09, 2021
Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by aAK1(m): 3:33pm On Sep 09, 2021
They are both nice cars . The only difference is resale value and it’s just due to Nigerians who believe it’s Toyota or no other car

2 Likes

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by wizi4tyn: 3:36pm On Sep 09, 2021
kunlesehan:

Thanks for this analysis.

Honda it is then. Fuel efficiency over speed.

I strongly doubt that Camry’s ability to beat the accord on the track

Accord has always been the better car especially on the track

3 Likes

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by kunlesehan(m): 3:40pm On Sep 09, 2021
Really?

wizi4tyn:

I strongly doubt that Camry’s ability to beat the accord on the track

Accord has always been the better car especially on the track

1 Like

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by Bluffly: 3:43pm On Sep 09, 2021
laiza:
The Honda has better fuel efficiency but durability and speed the Toyota 2014 is the best.
It was designed for better performance than the previous model and it was specifically made in the year Japan was hosting drag racing tournament. That car brain box has 14 pins, it is not just a car, that is a machine. But if you can't maintain it best go for the Honda because it costs a lot to maintain and be mindful of the wheels of the Honda as all Honda cars have that problem.
Your flaw. Not all Honda car has wheels problem. All cars have. Civic don't pull at least. Those that pull are Accord and Crv majorly
Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by mojounited(m): 3:45pm On Sep 09, 2021

1 Like

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by Tywright: 3:48pm On Sep 09, 2021
U can only compare Honda of 2004 below to Toyota but from 2005 till date Honda is far better to Toyota , I terms of weight, speed , elegance, eco-friendly, luxury e.t.c only who have tried the 2 will know the differences . HONDA ��

3 Likes

Re: 2014 Honda Accord SE Vs 2014 Toyota Camry SE by usamali(m): 3:52pm On Sep 09, 2021
DukeNija:
As someone who has used both cars, I consider myself more than qualified to respond from a user standpoint.

Camry 2012-14
(Pros)
1. Soft suspension, less bumpy ride ( Lexus like)
2. Fast passing power at cruising speed
3. Very reliable
4. Okay fuel economy

Cons
1. Less responsive acceleration from stop
2. Lackluster handling and driving dynamics
3. Confusing infotainment system especially the Bluetooth connection and blurry screen
4. Boring interior (I had the XLE)

Honda Accord 2013-15
(Pros)
1. Fast acceleration from stop
2. Quality and more luxurious interior (EXL)
3. Excellent fuel economy and even better with the ECON button available in all options.
4. Good infotainment system, clearer and more user friendly screen
5. Better safety features like the blindspot camera which is soooo important in Lagos. Lol

Cons.
1. Harsher ride and suspension(You feel more road bumps than the Camry)
2. More road noise especially at cruising speed
3. Slightly less reliable than the Camry

NB: I sold the Camry and bought the Accord. I was never in tune with the Camry as a driving enthusiast. The Accord is a match made in Japan.
My wife and Dad prefer the Camry.
This is my honest opinion cos they’re both excellent cars.

As a car dealer OP pls give this opinion a chance

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Of The World’s Longest Trucks You Will Never See On Nigerian Roads / An Ideal Car For A N80k Monthly Salary Earner. Please advice. / 10 Reasons That Toyota Corolla Was Crowned Nigeria’s Car Of The Year 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.