Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,882 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS (2410 Views)

Nigerians To Pay VAT For Digital Services – Finance Minister / Governor Wike Threatens To Beat Up Babangida Aliyu / Nigerian Government May Increase VAT To Fund New Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by bobowaja(m): 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2021
dallasi:

Narrative has change as usual...document sources says from world bank as at 2001 still yet you dispute it, that is the narrative. Which revenue were sustain Nigeria before crude oil was discovered?.
Oya bring the link to the source. You don't just send screenshots here and think that will pass. If na by that, I can do one on my pc right now I claim southwest is feeding the whole world and put world Bank as the source.

Give me a link to the paper. That shouldn't be hard right?

Bros, one advise for you. Tell ur leaders up north to sit tight and look inward. You can't have such population and be useless.
Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by Navalsadiq(m): 5:55pm On Sep 08, 2021
DEROX:
IKWERRE by tribe sir mr atachee by force why no SE gov get mind like am if thats what you are tripping at, he even bldly said it at a time that he is ikwerre
but that's an igbo name
Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by dallasi: 5:57pm On Sep 08, 2021
bobowaja:

Oya bring the link to the source. You don't just send screenshots here and think that will pass. If na by that, I can do one on my pc right now I claim southwest is feeding the whole world and put world Bank as the source.

Bros, one advise for you. Tell ur leaders up north to sit tight and look inward. You can't have such population and be useless.

Useless? the North stop importation of cow meat,onion,tomatoes,wheat, corn etc and the Southern nearly explode

Mr. Gbonjubola explained that the bulk of VAT revenue comes from imports as well as, federal government Ministries Departments and Agencies (MDAs) contractors.

He said that in-country VAT revenue from the states was minimal.

According to him, no state government controls any port and that as such, it would be very difficult, if not impossible for sub-nationals to collect VAT.
Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by bobowaja(m): 6:13pm On Sep 08, 2021
dallasi:

Useless? the North stop importation of cow meat,onion,tomatoes,wheat, corn etc and the Southern nearly explode

I thought I was engaging an intelligent mind. You just showed you re below par. You stopped food blockage when you started tears about food destruction in your place. You make onions you have no purchasing power to buy. Bulk of tomatoes and yams comes from middle belts states like Benue and nassarawa.

When you block onions, you actually think Niger will buy cheesy but u get to realize south was only doing you a favour by giving you a free market down here. Las Las no body begged you before you bribed ffk to have a discussion just to safe face from the shame. cheesy

North is nothing. Absolutely nothing without the south. We have the money, the manpower and technical know-how than to be held to ransom by illiterates. That money we have could have helped Benin Republic and Cameroon cos we would have turned to them if you had not quickly stopped the self inflicted madness.

Now, we are only trying to stop vat gotten mostly from South and all of u are already in tears. Gombe is begging south to be his brother's keeper. Masari is in tears, you are crying here cheesy

The question is, who is now the BOSS?
When we are done with you, vat will be the least of your troubles. cool

2 Likes

Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by bobowaja(m): 6:19pm On Sep 08, 2021
dallasi:

Mr. Gbonjubola explained that the bulk of VAT revenue comes from imports as well as, federal government Ministries Departments and Agencies (MDAs) contractors.

He said that in-country VAT revenue from the states was minimal.

According to him, no state government controls any port and that as such, it would be very difficult, if not impossible for sub-nationals to collect VAT.
Custom and immigration are there. They can tax the imports. There is no need for firs. And these states are not even saying they want to be collecting taxes on imports. All they are asking for now is vat which is a special tax on consumption alone. I am not sure you understand but I am not responsible for your education.

Firs is only running blind for now but will succumb to the states that want out. They are not backed by law to collect vat and there is nothing they can do for now. Firs should work with custom and immigration. But I am not sure those one will want to lose their source of revenue to them. Firs will lose this as they did with nitel on stamp duties.
Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by SarkinYarki: 6:22pm On Sep 08, 2021
Bank branches don't pay taxes directly...all that is done from the bank HQ
Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by orisa37: 6:51pm On Sep 08, 2021
Very good.
Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by orisa37: 6:59pm On Sep 08, 2021
Federal establishments in the states don't pay VATS.
Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by orisa37: 7:01pm On Sep 08, 2021
Federal establishments in the states don't pay VATS. They're just FEDERAL ESTABLISHMENTS FOR CORRUPTIONS AND MISGOVERNMENT.
Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by dallasi: 8:37am On Sep 09, 2021
bobowaja:

i knew right away the infantile & incendiary remarks are hallmark of typical southerner.. even when the source of data/information are given you are still begging for the links. That clearly shown some of you did not see the four wall of Higher Education or if at all, your project were written by someone else. Simple "Research Methodology" text book would have help you out.. Always leaving in denials reminiscence of ill BB naija show involving Boma/Tega.(someone Bleep your wife openly you still dey look for proof)

Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by bobowaja(m): 8:46am On Sep 09, 2021
dallasi:

i knew right away the infantile & incendiary remarks are hallmark of typical southerner.. even when the source of data/information are given you are still begging for the links. That clearly shown some of you did not see the four wall of Higher Education or if at all, your project were written by someone else. Simple "Research Methodology" text book would have help you out.. Always leaving in denials reminiscence of ill BB naija show involving Boma/Tega.(someone Bleep your wife openly you still dey look for proof)
This is an authentic documents. So, aboki, tell me where is it that north feeds the south in this document you uploaded? cheesy

I am sure you can't even read the data inside the document. Illiteracy na disease.
Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by bobowaja(m): 8:48am On Sep 09, 2021
dallasi:

This further shows that you are very dull. I asked you for the source of ur earlier nonsense, u ran away to upload another document entirely which doesn't support your claims but did mine. Illiteracy should be replaced with aboki in the dictionary cheesy
Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by dallasi: 8:48am On Sep 09, 2021
bobowaja:

I thought I was engaging an intelligent mind. You just showed you re below par. You stopped food blockage when you started tears about food destruction in your place. You make onions you have no purchasing power to buy. Bulk of tomatoes and yams comes from middle belts states like Benue and nassarawa.

When you block onions, you actually think Niger will buy cheesy but u get to realize south was only doing you a favour by giving you a free market down here. Las Las no body begged you before you bribed ffk to have a discussion just to safe face from the shame. cheesy

North is nothing. Absolutely nothing without the south. We have the money, the manpower and technical know-how than to be held to ransom by illiterates. That money we have could have helped Benin Republic and Cameroon cos we would have turned to them if you had not quickly stopped the self inflicted madness.

Now, we are only trying to stop vat gotten mostly from South and all of u are already in tears. Gombe is begging south to be his brother's keeper. Masari is in tears, you are crying here cheesy

The question is, who is now the BOSS?
When we are done with you, vat will be the least of your troubles. cool

I really pity your reasoning , so Benue & Nasarawa are part of south now.?
1.Benin Republic that open her border to all sundry are they richer than Nigerian in term of wealth infrastructure?
2.Angola with all it oil wealth better?
3.Venezuela with richest oil deposit better?
4.Iraq,Iran,Mexico & host of other oil reach countries better?

The North has been magnanimous all through ,please tell us here how many northern students in UI,UNILAG,UNIZIK etc & compare with their counterpart in ABU,BUK,UINMAID ?

common NNDC you cannot manage with your local thinking assuming mr too know.

Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by bobowaja(m): 8:55am On Sep 09, 2021
dallasi:

I really pity your reasoning , so Benue & Nasarawa are part of south now.?
1.Benin Republic that open her border to all sundry are they richer than Nigerian in term of wealth infrastructure?
2.Angola with all it oil wealth better?
3.Venezuela with richest oil deposit better?
4.Iraq,Iran,Mexico & host of other oil reach countries better?

The North has been magnanimous all through ,please tell us here how many northern students in UI,UNILAG,UNIZIK etc & compare with their counterpart in ABU,BUK,UINMAID ?

common NNDC you cannot manage with your local thinking assuming mr too know.
Benue and nassarawa are middlebelt states you simpleton. And those two states did not subscribed to your madness when you started it, they were busy importing.

You wish so bad that we could beg you that time, don't you? But we didn't, na Una come back as slave to beg even asked for billions for damages. cheesy

As for food scarcity in the south. Common sense should tell you that when there is a supply blockage, there will be scarcity (basic economics). We could have explored neighboring countries who were eager to sell. But your Bubu blocked border cos poverty will kill you all if south no longer patronise north.

I hope you are learning. I am giving u a free economic class.
Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by dallasi: 9:25am On Sep 09, 2021
bobowaja:

This is an authentic documents. So, aboki, tell me where is it that north feeds the south in this document you uploaded? cheesy

I am sure you can't even read the data inside the document. Illiteracy na disease.

what a paradox ! @bold. I said earlier speaking from both side of your mouth
Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by dallasi: 9:31am On Sep 09, 2021
bobowaja:

Benue and nassarawa are middlebelt states you simpleton. And those two states did not subscribed to your madness when you started it, they were busy importing.

You wish so bad that we could beg you that time, don't you? But we didn't, na Una come back as slave to beg even asked for billions for damages. cheesy

As for food scarcity in the south. Common sense should tell you that when there is a supply blockage, there will be scarcity (basic economics). We could have explored neighboring countries who were eager to sell. But your Bubu blocked border cos poverty will kill you all if south no longer patronise north.

I hope you are learning. I am giving u a free economic class.

Point out they are no food sufficient in the south.. So the Economics theory did not tell you populations and food production hold the ace? please tell us the 19 Northern states. and how many your southerners flooding our school in the north.
Mumu

see map below to help you reasoning & brain reset to factory default..

Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by bobowaja(m): 9:45am On Sep 09, 2021
dallasi:

Point out they are no food sufficient in the south.. So the Economics theory did not tell you populations and food production hold the ace? please tell us the 19 Northern states. and how many your southerners flooding our school in the north.
Mumu

No food sufficiency in the south. Have u seen me dispute that? I am not a blind liar like you and ur people.

Food insecurity in South was mainly caused by maraudering herdsmen who are you kit and kin. Same thing you are replicating in the middlebelt especially on Benue.... Reason why there is a scarcity everywhere these days.

But there is one thing that separates us. We might not be food sufficient but we have money to buy. There are many rich countries in the world that import food, southern Nigeria is not the first. With money comes a lot of options which you people obviously do not have.
Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by bobowaja(m): 9:48am On Sep 09, 2021
dallasi:

what a paradox ! @bold. I said earlier speaking from both side of your mouth
Don't be Foolish. The document you uploaded earlier was a sham. I challenged you and you ran off to bring an authentic one that doesn't support your claim but supported mine.

PS: If you still have memories, you will remember I pointed it out clearly the one you uploaded earlier was a sham. The letterings and paper type was a scam. I later asked you to bring a link to the world Bank data which you are yet to provide. You are not only an illiterate, you are a dirty one!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by bobowaja(m): 9:50am On Sep 09, 2021
dallasi:

Mumu

And for the records. The north have onions to sell because you don't have the purchasing power to buy what you produce. Your people beg on the streets for food while you face south to quickly sell them off. Now, who is food sufficient? The one that have and sold it but his people go hungry and the one that buys with money and get satisfied?

You see, either ways, you are still foolish.
Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by dallasi: 10:57am On Sep 09, 2021
bobowaja:

And for the records. T[b]he north have onions[/b] to sell because you don't have the purchasing power to buy what you produce. Your people beg on the streets for food while you face south to quickly sell them off. Now, who is food sufficient? The one that have and sold it but his people go hungry and the one that buys with money and get satisfied?

You see, either ways, you are still foolish.

Economics voodoo clap hand for yourself ...& your children all over northern schools .. check out all brothels in the Northern part & count the population of your people doing prostitutions. I gave you statistics of most countries with oils and not bed of roses the way you tend to portray but you failed to debunk even one. Did you see the map of Northern Nigeria sent to you.
You are too junior to discuss Nigeria issue with me perhaps am your father age mate.
Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by bobowaja(m): 11:10am On Sep 09, 2021
dallasi:

Economics voodoo clap hand for yourself ...& your children all over northern schools .. check out all brothels in the Northern part & count the population of your people doing prostitutions. I gave you statistics of most countries with oils and not bed of roses the way you tend to portray but you failed to debunk even one. Did you see the map of Northern Nigeria sent to you.
You are too junior to discuss Nigeria issue with me perhaps am your father age mate.
You see how u re now rambling? cheesy

That is what you get when you think aboki made education can make you challenge a southern man to an intelligent fight.
Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by dallasi: 11:17am On Sep 09, 2021
bobowaja:

You see how u re now rambling? cheesy

That is what you get when you think aboki made education can make you challenge a southern man to an intelligent fight.

Hmmmmn i said i be your fada mate,
reespond to issue ..southern man that do not know the 19 northerner state
Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by bobowaja(m): 1:22pm On Sep 09, 2021
dallasi:

Hmmmmn i said i be your fada mate,
reespond to issue ..southern man that do not know the 19 northerner state
See what I now reduced you to cheesy
Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by dallasi: 2:01pm On Sep 09, 2021
bobowaja:

See what I now reduced you to cheesy

Me....?
Simple elementary question you are still consulting your ancestors. 19 Northern state is a herculean tasks for you.
Claiming sabi sabi?
Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by Tinubuadvocate: 2:13pm On Sep 09, 2021
Go and ask him. Some of this state governor just want to fight federal government not because they ready to work but loot public funds.
Navalsadiq:
Ezenyesom wike is that not an igbo name
Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by bobowaja(m): 2:15pm On Sep 09, 2021
dallasi:

Me....?
Simple elementary question you are still consulting your ancestors. 19 Northern state is a herculean tasks for you.
Claiming sabi sabi?
Wetin happen to 19 northern states? cheesy

You like to deceive yourself too much. All we have is core north and middlebelt. Kwara will never be a northern state. When you guys are done with your madaru formulation, everyone will go home.

By the way, I have frustrated you enough illiterate.

Bye cool
Re: Gov Wike Threatens To Shut Down Banks, Other Businesses That Pay VAT To FIRS by dallasi: 2:23pm On Sep 09, 2021
bobowaja:

Wetin happen to 19 northern states? cheesy

You like to deceive yourself too much. All we have is core north and middlebelt. Kwara will never be a northern state. When you guys are done with your madaru formulation, everyone will go home.

By the way, I have frustrated you enough illiterate.

Bye cool

@bold then those questions pose to you are definitely in dream then

(1) (2) (Reply)

Moment Senator Stella Oduah Gifted Aguleri Widow In Laws Striped Naked 1million / 2023: Bola Tinubu Set To Replace Sowu Olu With Another Loyalist / Tinubu Planning On Muslim/muslim Ticket With A Northern Governor - Adeyanju Deji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.