Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,983 members, 7,810,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) (923 Views)

Assassins Chase. Happy New Year 3D Animation For The Fans... Enjoy! / High End System Configuration For 3d Animation / 3D Animation Training Course In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by Franzinni: 12:07pm On Sep 08, 2021
Ok here we go, today I got up on the other side of the mat and started feeling like flexing. So this thread is a flex ... simple

What is it about ?

Yeah straight to the monkey business I reckon.

I am eyeing the unlisted position as the EZE one buruburu worldwide of 3d animation, nairaland chapter and to do that I must first show that I am formidable and capable so to put it all to rest I will create a professional 3d animation showing my process from start to finish all in one day ... "correction 1 dayish", got other sturvs to sort out in preparation for the coronation ... God help me because I don make too much mouth already. And my cancel button no dry work so fits 12:05pm and I am starting .......now !
Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by Franzinni: 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2021
3d animation is a heck of a lot of work but when there is a will there is a way ... we kick off with the idea... And for today we will be creating a 10sec 3d character animated advert for a peanut snack business

Prep and inspiration

I will post picture for the pack that I will use as inspiration .. the company is called uncle Frankie and they have an old looking man smiling on the pack ... when I saw it my spider sense switched on and I saw an opportunity to workout my creative muscles and let you be the judge...

1 Share

Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by Franzinni: 12:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
Next the sketch, like said earlier, I don't like the wrinkled old uncle Frankie on that pack "like it's my business smh" and I started a sketch of my own it's petty wrough but it shall guide the force to fulfilment here is a look at what I came up with and I will detail the why as well.

Software :-Autodesk sketchbook pro

2 Likes

Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by Franzinni: 12:34pm On Sep 08, 2021
One of the most important part of character creation is appeal, so let make uncle Frankie appealing ... with the sketch done, we go straight to storyboarding which to be honest my plan is just to have the character jump into frame, do a little wave and then drag out a pack of peanut and then end up in the thumbs up pose.. subject to change so don't crucify me if it changes but generally the storyboarding will look like this ...

1 Like

Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by TheStrongest: 1:57pm On Sep 08, 2021
Keep em coming

1 Like

Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by Franzinni: 2:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
TheStrongest:
Keep em coming
yes sir...
Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by Franzinni: 2:17pm On Sep 08, 2021
Never despise the little beginning... is the name of the next image, it is an image of the modelling of the head of uncle Frankie under serious panel beating ... you see a 3d modeller is a digital panel beater I must confess... because our aim is the same ... to push and pull till it the intended result is accomplished ... we are still a long way from the goal...

Software : Autodesk Maya 2022 I wonder how we are living in the future in software universe but anyway, this are the first look of uncle Frankie and I warn you... don't judge now till Its all done and dusted...

1 Like

Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by Franzinni: 2:42pm On Sep 08, 2021
So it keeps getting better ... Just like life ... getting better and better ... at this point I can see the major shapes fall in place and also for the sake of animation I need to make sure all the crease lines and facial contours are represented for a believable performance ... or The character will be livid but can't express it haha ... with a messed up face lol!

1% progress

Next post will be further down the line don't want to bore with with minute by minute ojuju kalaba!

1 Like

Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by Franzinni: 3:23pm On Sep 08, 2021
When I said further down the line, this is what I meant ... The panel beating dey enter!

1 Like

Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by Franzinni: 4:22pm On Sep 08, 2021
Phew it's good to challenge yourself once in a while ... The rough model of the head is done I will start with the body so as to not over complicate the head before I run out of steam ... And then not be able to do the body well ...

Anyway this is the head after stage one using traditional box modelling techniques in Maya

1 Like

Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by Franzinni: 5:45pm On Sep 08, 2021
Yeah apologies for the camera quality ... I am kinda in a rush and can't really spend time making it petty with regards to the pictures ... but once we get to texturing ... I will have to upload clean renders instead.

Thanks for understanding!!! After you nah you!!

Alright back on track, I have gone ahead to build the body to the stage the head was and also I went ahead and modeled the hands and shoe (pictures below ) wanted to get to the texturing as fast as I can but better go ahead and polish the model a little more ... If I ever want the crown to fit my Enormous head!

1 Like

Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by TheStrongest: 12:46am On Sep 09, 2021
You're doing great brother. Following keenly

1 Like

Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by Franzinni: 7:10am On Sep 09, 2021
TheStrongest:
You're doing great brother. Following keenly
thank you for the encouragement.. it goes a long way for me.

1 Like

Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by Franzinni: 7:15am On Sep 09, 2021
Good morning y'all, yesterday was a blast and I am exited for today ...it's gonna be a great day!

We left off right at this point but I will want to mention the fact that the character is in two halves at the moment as that is a very effective way of modelling especially Box modeling like we are doing here ...but I will have to join them as we will be traveling to another software ...

Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by Franzinni: 7:42am On Sep 09, 2021
Ok Maya has served us well, now time to go for some sculpting, Maya has the ability to sculpt too, but I prefer a dedicated packages for that like Mudbox, sculptris, 3d coat and their father ... zbrush.

And uncle Frankie nor be small boy so we send him straight to zbrush next ... but before that, here is what he looks like at the end of this stage of the process.

He got a tie and some designer belt going for him

Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by TheStrongest: 10:03am On Sep 09, 2021
What is your system specs? These softwares no be beans softwares o
Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by Franzinni: 11:49am On Sep 09, 2021
TheStrongest:
What is your system specs? These softwares no be beans softwares o
it's an msi steath pro...

But don't let the system fool you bro you can do a lot with any laptop nowadays

1 Like

Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by Franzinni: 11:52am On Sep 09, 2021
Alright on to the next software ...

Zbrush. I am exporting an obj from Maya to zbrush normally I should have it completely UVed before export but since I will be roundtripping, I can do it when I come back to Maya ... but ideally it should be done in Maya ... or better still let me not be lazy and do it right away ... will post pics
Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by Franzinni: 3:56pm On Sep 09, 2021
Well I took a short cut ..seeing that this project is draining my time I just went ahead to texture in Maya straight and this is how it looks

Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by Franzinni: 3:57pm On Sep 09, 2021
Next rigging .. for that I will use blender it seems to have a nice rigging system
Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by dauntless15(m): 6:58pm On Sep 09, 2021
Franzinni:
it's an msi steath pro...

But don't let the system fool you bro you can do a lot with any laptop nowadays
pls outline the specs, I'm on the verge of purchasing a laptop for this very reason, it'd help if you tell me your specs.
Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by Franzinni: 8:31pm On Sep 09, 2021
dauntless15:
pls outline the specs, I'm on the verge of purchasing a laptop for this very reason, it'd help if you tell me your specs.
let me just snap it

Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by dauntless15(m): 10:16pm On Sep 09, 2021
Franzinni:
let me just snap it
Thanks, the one I'm buying has GTX1650 core i5, dunno which is higher between the two but I hope it's manageable.
Re: Let Me Show You How It's Done(3d Animation) by TheStrongest: 7:43am On Sep 10, 2021
Franzinni:
let me just snap it
This one na beast bro. Rendering is the koko, and this machine can handle it

(1) (Reply)

Ux/ui Designer/ux Researcher / Learn Cartoon Animations. / Data Recovery:i Need Urgent Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.