Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,689 members, 7,831,133 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? (1602 Views)

Post Songs Play By Your Parents When Reminiscing About Growing Up As A Kid. / A Racial-marriage Problem! / What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by menike(m): 5:35am On Feb 12, 2006
[b][/b][color=#770077][/color]  

Growing up in the States and understanding the customary racial discrimination among Whites and Blacks , I must say I was thought to fear myself (Blacks) cuz my parents wud ask us not to snitch, hang with bad G's, talk or mess wit white folks cuz they're trouble  etc .

Examples : My GrandPa wud say  "Never follow a white man to the woods if U are black cuz if he gets missin , U are doomed "

So I wonder today, How racial are U or your parents ?
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by luvu567(f): 5:43am On Feb 12, 2006
Im not racial at all. I use to be discriminative of white people but now cuz i actually got to know some white people i really dont care about the skin color. But I know my parents (like most nigerians) are almost racist without even knowing it.
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by vichel(m): 6:58am On Feb 12, 2006
Am not racial in any way at all, i like all people, no matter where u come from. But am a little skeptical of older white people. Say from probably 50-above, because in their day racism was very prone, and there is a strong possibility that two out of every five u meet is still racist, and their young ones must have been brain washed to Hate too undecided
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by Chief2B(m): 8:35am On Feb 12, 2006
My father was an extreme racist. Being raised in the southern US, it's something that I have tried to live with all these years. I guess the breaking point was when I was in school I had one of my black friends come to the house to help study for a test. My father refused to let him in the house. Then he proceeded with an hour lecture on the evils of "black people". I left home when I was 17 and haven't looked back. I have my own home now and any of my friends are welcome regardless of what "color" they are.

@vichel
Don't worry, I don't trust the older white people as well, and I'm white and 45! But I think that your numbers are off. Here in the south it's more like 4 out of 5 that are still a racist!
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by menike(m): 9:34am On Feb 12, 2006
Chief2B:

My father was an extreme racist. Being raised in the southern US, it's something that I have tried to live with all these years. I guess the breaking point was when I was in school I had one of my black friends come to the house to help study for a test. My father refused to let him in the house. Then he proceeded with an hour lecture on the evils of "black people". I left home when I was 17 and haven't looked back. I have my own home now and any of my friends are welcome regardless of what "color" they are.

@vichel
Don't worry, I don't trust the older white people as well, and I'm white and 45! But I think that your numbers are off. Here in the south it's more like 4 out of 5 that are still a racist!

I gat into problems wit the Cops thru a Caucasian (My best pal) - Y'all I was just tryin' to help the Dude move to his new Crib n' that was sometime in 2001 . As we got to his crib , Damn "Bang " I hit somshit , It was a Fence (To pull the long curtain down) . The Cops showed up nd began dem stupid question like " Mister were U drunk ?" I replied Nah . He called my White friend and asked him if He knew me , I swear that PUNKASS "WHITE TRASH" told the Cop he had never seen me , that he met me along the road and asked me to help him . Y'all kno wat comes after , Shit it was HELL

@ Vichel
Bro U wud hurt urself more than U xpected if U keep flossin wit dem Guys . Be careful
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by Bisanke(f): 10:28am On Feb 12, 2006
I'm not racial 2 anyone. But when they start wit me its on b cause i don't take shit. Especially those old white folks that b at the store,every time i try 2 help them out when something drops out of there hand or something they always have an attitude or even say somethin bad 2 me and that pisses me off but when i remember that there old i say sir/mam u did'nt have 2 talk 2 me like dat b cause i did'nt deserve that insult and if they say something back i walk off. And i'm sayin this because i live in Atlanta and there's lots of people down here who have racism issues. That we have 2 go through everyday. But except that i'm still kool wit everybody.
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by Hotstepper(f): 7:27pm On Feb 12, 2006
am not racist at all, i get along with whoeva understands me so i gat no problemsss with dat,
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by Free(f): 9:48pm On Feb 16, 2006
oooh ma father he doesnt like akata people, at all
he will rather be in the mist of whites than black
but as for me i like everrrrrrybody, but i could be just a lil
racial at times "just a lil"
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:46pm On Feb 16, 2006
i aint racial at all afterall it's whts inside a person dt really counts
bt wait a sec i tot it ws da whites who were racist 2 blacks i didnt knw blacks were also racist 2 whites
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:49pm On Feb 16, 2006
@free
u a white?
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by Free(f): 10:59pm On Feb 16, 2006
gurl hell nah black african and proud ,
where u get da white from?
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:03pm On Feb 16, 2006
i tot u were white cuz u said ya pops didnt like blacks
why dsnt he like blacks if he's 1 himself?
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by Free(f): 11:08pm On Feb 16, 2006
u see here
he think that all akata ppl are da same,always up to the same old shiit
1, sagging pants
2. the way they talk
3. hip hop
yep he can prejudice, he likes some them akata
the ones who dress nice and speak good engrish .
come to work on time , blah blah blah
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by rhino: 11:16pm On Feb 16, 2006
these rascists are bastards! growing up in a deadly and high risk area of Liverpool in the Uk.the only way you can survive this rascism is to be patient with them but dont u ever take any f*** from them.
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:20pm On Feb 16, 2006
i aint eva gonna take a shit frm any1
bt ma bro u need 2 be strong ooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy
u no dese white ppl da least tin den dey dey spite 4 ur face inside/slap ur cheek
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by rhino: 11:42pm On Feb 16, 2006
@rhodalyn, dont u ever take any shit from this ppl because they like taking advantage especially here in north.but u have to be very careful about da way u defend yourself cos u know they will always have the numerical advantage.when i remember the story of anthony ealker, i always feel like crying because the guy lives just some doors away from me
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by Rhodalyn(f): 11:48pm On Feb 16, 2006
wht happened 2 anthony?
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by rhino: 11:55pm On Feb 16, 2006
@rhodalyn which area of Uk are u that u dont know wat happened to that nice nigga in huyton, merseyside(liverpool) during last summer.the guy waz axed to death by Joey barton's brother.but thank god the culprits were sent to life in jail.Do u now recollect.
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:04am On Feb 17, 2006
im in dis ''al whites place'' known as exeter
no blacks jst loadz n loadz of whites i wish i were in london were dere re loadz of blacks
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:04am On Feb 17, 2006
no blacks jst loadz n loadz of whites i wish i were in london were dere re loadz of blacks
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:05am On Feb 17, 2006
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:05am On Feb 17, 2006
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:07am On Feb 17, 2006
sorry 4 dat ma pc ws fooling
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by menike(m): 4:37am On Feb 17, 2006
Free:

u see here
he think that all akata people are da same,always up to the same old shiit
1, sagging pants
2. the way they talk
3. hip hop
yes he can prejudice, he likes some them akata
the ones who dress nice and speak good engrish .
come to work on time , blah blah blah

I get dat 4rum ma Dad sumtimes

rhino:

these rascists are bastards! growing up in a deadly and high risk area of Liverpool in the Uk.the only way you can survive this rascism is to be patient with them but don't u ever take any f*** from them.

Words !! Dawg
I remember when I gat ma Job at MURDERINC RECORDS , Damn I thought it was intimidatin ' but I found out that If you're Black, Sumtimes they aren't Racist or shit they just tease on U till U "Belong" and the "Trust" wud be there.

Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by EdwardWil(m): 10:44am On Feb 24, 2006
I am not a member of a race. If you are a member of a race you are a "racist". There is no purpose for being a member of a race except to practice "race-ism" and racism is white supremacy. Now what does that tell you? I am a non-white person. A non-white person can't practice racism (white supremacy).
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by retro(f): 6:23pm On Mar 16, 2006
Edward Wil:

I am not a member of a race. If you are a member of a race you are a "racist". There is no purpose for being a member of a race except to practice "race-ism" and racism is white supremacy. Now what does that tell you? I am a non-white person. A non-white person can't practice racism (white supremacy).
Say WHAT? HAHA. Do you even know what racism is? How ignorant your post is.
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by mamaput(f): 10:38am On Mar 20, 2006
I must confess that i am.
But more a domestic racist.
I always tell my kids not to marry a man from country were they will not be able to trace their kids if the man kidnaps them.
They should not go with a boyfriend that has a different culture from them.#
But kids don't listen.
When my daughter told me her boyfriend was from lipsrsealed(so as not to offend anyone) i just taught ho my god they beat their wives and lock them up in the village. The go stabbing people.
Well i was open enough to meet him . I like him and they are together for over a year.
But i notice that he is also traditional in his own way. I have made it clear to my daughter and she knows because she gets a taste of it once in a while,
he is not aggressive or anything like that but his family is watching her.

Funny think happened once in the Bus .
One of his uncles was checking for tickets when he got to me , he told me he was the uncle to my daughters B. friend and did not check my ticket.

AM at a stage were i just what her to know what she is in for if she marries him.
then they are more like Arabs.
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by mamaput(f): 10:41am On Mar 20, 2006
I forgot they have even taken her to their place (Village).
But they are all keeping an eye on her what she dose and were she goes.
But apart from that i don't care who is how or what is what.
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by kadafi(m): 9:44pm On Feb 24, 2008

Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents?
« #3 on: February 12, 2006, 08:35 AM »

!

We need more people like you in this world
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by mohawkchic(f): 5:16am On Feb 25, 2008
~Never had any talks w/ my parents/heard them voice out any racial opinions but i suppose given my Mum Was The product of An Interracial Marriage{grandad was Irish}there was never that stereotype/discrimination growing up!!

~As an Adult however am all too aware that not everyone is Tolerant~Its a shame this disease cant be Eradicated cry

~I C Nuffin Special about One Race Over The Other At All ~

~It will be so cool if there was Racial Hamony in the World~ Free Of All Forms Of Discrimination~ Wut R The Chances Of That Happening wen even in the Prisons{America's Hardest Prison,on Nat. Geo} its a rule to Live By staying w/ your own kind undecided A man cud get shanked for peeing in the Wrong Race Cubicle~using the wrong shower/sink!!~ sad that!!
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by almondjoy(f): 6:57am On Feb 25, 2008
Parents: Tribalists yes, racist no!

They have dealt with more tribes in Nigeria than other races of the world. 

Although ma dad constantly referred to the "black skin being cursed" when I was younger.  I have come to understand what he meant by that statement.

Me: Depending on the prevailin' circumstances, I have ma "legitimate racial and tribal prejudices"! We all do!

If the shoe fits. . . . . . .
Re: How Racial Are You Or Your Parents? by iice(f): 8:36am On Feb 25, 2008
Nah ma parent's are not. . .they are very cool grin
Me?. . .yes but no grin grin

(1) (Reply)

A Heavily Pregnant Mother Jumped To Her Death / My Wife Pls / Why Would You Have Your Child Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.