Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:26 AM

Tapping Sound From Engine Hood. Car Wont Start The Next Day - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tapping Sound From Engine Hood. Car Wont Start The Next Day (484 Views)

Squeaky Noise From Engine Belt Area In Toyota Camry 2013 / Two Seconds Rattling Sound Coming From Engine On Cold Start .... / Metal Grinding Sound From Engine Compartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tapping Sound From Engine Hood. Car Wont Start The Next Day by Napolyon1201: 4:50pm On Sep 08, 2021
Hello Nairalanders auto gurus,

I have a Toyota Camry 2009 that suddenly lost accelerating power on motion. I managed to drive it to my mechanic’s workshop. Before I could get to the mechanic’s shop, the engine had started giving a tapping sound from the hood ( the camshaft area).
My mechanic detected a worn cap on the camshaft and replaced it. The sound went away for a few hours and started sounding on and off intermittently. I drove the car home from work and the car refused to start the next morning up till this moment.
My mechanic is recommending I change the cylinder head which is on the high side. I’m confused.

PS: No warning lights on the dashboard. The oil level is not low.

Kindly advise
Re: Tapping Sound From Engine Hood. Car Wont Start The Next Day by Napolyon1201: 12:33pm On Sep 09, 2021
Napolyon1201:
Hello Nairalanders auto gurus,

I have a Toyota Camry 2009 that suddenly lost accelerating power on motion. I managed to drive it to my mechanic’s workshop. Before I could get to the mechanic’s shop, the engine had started giving a tapping sound from the hood ( the camshaft area).
My mechanic detected a worn cap on the camshaft and replaced it. The sound went away for a few hours and started sounding on and off intermittently. I drove the car home from work and the car refused to start the next morning up till this moment.
My mechanic is recommending I change the cylinder head which is on the high side. I’m confused.

PS: No warning lights on the dashboard. The oil level is not low.

Kindly advise
Re: Tapping Sound From Engine Hood. Car Wont Start The Next Day by MOTIONTECH(m): 8:18am On Sep 12, 2021
How far with your car?
Re: Tapping Sound From Engine Hood. Car Wont Start The Next Day by Dozieson(m): 8:50am On Sep 12, 2021
We need update here to get knowledge of what happened and the solution

(1) (Reply)

Update Ontoyota Camry 012 / United States Visa Application / INNOSON To Establish New Vehicle Manufacturing Plant In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.