Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike (33129 Views)

3 Nigerians Who Are Not Yoruba But Currently Holding Political Offices In Lagos / Gunmen Burn DSS, FRSC Offices In Nnewi Over Nigerian Flag / VAT: I Feel Your Pain - Wike Tells Masari, Other Supporters Of Status Quo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by manunitedbabes: 7:51am On Sep 09, 2021
grin he is like other state governor that will shy away.... Better pikin
Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by Alabicarolina: 8:10am On Sep 09, 2021
PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!
This is to inform the general public that Dangote Cement has started it's promo for the year 2021.
Dangote Cement now goes for #1,800 as promo price.
Distributors, Companies & Individual can now place their other.
For all kind of construction and building choose Dangote Cement.
For more information call +2348060239323.
Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by Uncleodi(m): 8:18am On Sep 09, 2021
lalajnr:
WIKE is a MAN

Even though he's corrupt or not this guy get balls if we get this kind leaders for south reach ten no shaking

And if na WIKE be president during GEJ turn this vegetable for nor enter office

WIKE NA MAN

Like for WIKE share for Buhari

Kai...I love the man
Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by 2kurupt(m): 9:12am On Sep 09, 2021
Wike has impressed me with this move for once
Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by Splashme: 10:41am On Sep 09, 2021
Gbam
Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by jneutron4000: 11:32am On Sep 09, 2021
[s]
blackpanda:

First of all d tax wike is talking about is not tax from beer. It's tax from oil companies. But that's not the issue. The issue is how do u guarantee that wike will not be more corrupt. Those people chanting victory today will still be the ones to cry when state govt hikes vat to 15% with nothing to show on ground. Remember that the entire state legislature is in d pocket of the governor
[/s]you do not understand what the Wike as well as Lagos state is fighting for,either taxes paid by oil companies or whatever company, FIRS should stop collecting tax anymore, state governments should be the one collecting it simple. If the state government can not account for how the taxes are being used then people from that state can demand accountability. How can I buy pure water in Lagos and the tax I paid on it goes to Abuja? Why rob Peter to pay Paul? That is the very foundation of corruption
Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by blackpanda: 1:21pm On Sep 09, 2021
jneutron4000:
[s][/s]you do not understand what the Wike as well as Lagos state is fighting for,either taxes paid by oil companies or whatever company, FIRS should stop collecting tax anymore, state governments should be the one collecting it simple. If the state government can not account for how the taxes are being used then people from that state can demand accountability. How can I buy pure water in Lagos and the tax I paid on it goes to Abuja? Why rob Peter to pay Paul? That is the very foundation of corruption

u didnt understand my comment before typing epistle. i am not against each state collecting its own taxes. my only issue is that state governments are more corrupt and authoritarian. They will turn it into a tribal thing. I give u 3 months, u will beg govt to revert to status quo
Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by Obdk: 3:57pm On Sep 09, 2021
Buckeyemedia1:
Las las, na still Rivers State money e go take build am back.
with the extra money they will get from VAT
Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by jneutron4000: 4:47pm On Sep 09, 2021
blackpanda:

u didnt understand my comment before typing epistle. i am not against each state collecting its own taxes. my only issue is that state governments are more corrupt and authoritarian. They will turn it into a tribal thing. I give u 3 months, u will beg govt to revert to status quo
state government is corrupt or not, let them manage their resources, if the people know that the local government and the state is solely responsible for their taxes and resources, they will deal with them, instead of Abuja being in charge. This your complain makes no sense because this are the kind of excuses FG gives in other to keep stealing from the people.
Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by blackpanda: 6:55am On Sep 10, 2021
jneutron4000:
state government is corrupt or not, let them manage their resources, if the people know that the local government and the state is solely responsible for their taxes and resources, they will deal with them, instead of Abuja being in charge. This your complain makes no sense because this are the kind of excuses FG gives in other to keep stealing from the people.

Stealing from people how?? FG only get 15% but is tasked with 90% of development. Ask your state govt what they did with all d money they got from FGN. The figures are there
Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by jneutron4000: 7:40am On Sep 10, 2021
[s]
blackpanda:

Stealing from people how?? FG only get 15% but is tasked with 90% of development. Ask your state govt what they did with all d money they got from FGN. The figures are there
[/s]You must be one of those crook that enjoys this Unitary system of government, tell me on the world, which developed or developing country practice this system where the states or Municipalities waits from monthly allocation from the Central government (FG), why should FGN of Nigeria be giving monthly allocation and you expect those that the bad system of government not to be lazyMoney is generated from one local government area, instead of the money to be reinvested back to that locality and certain % to be paid to the centre, it is the other way round, Abuja takes all the money and share it back in that process corruption sets in. You have no point, if a state is generating money and the people of that state knows that their money is not going to any Abuja, they would hold their state government accountable.
Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by Norwichsailor(m): 7:49am On Sep 10, 2021
LegalWolf:
Like I said earlier, wike is playing to the gallery. He is riding on the extreme anti-Norther sentiments prevailing in the south to make these comments.

Please chair him on. I concede that I am from an economically unviable Northern State but so are many people here too. Almost all SE states are unviable. Osun state was almost bankrupt at a point. But keep pushing your agenda
Which agenda? Kindly explain.
Re: VAT: I Will Take Over FIRS Offices In Rivers If Their Bullying Continues - Wike by LegalWolf: 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2021
Norwichsailor:

Which agenda? Kindly explain.
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi Receives Certificate Of Return As Labour Party Presidential Candidate / Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu, Attempts To Force His Way Into Governor's Office / Other Nigerians Should Emulate South-West Political Maturity - President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.