Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! (8747 Views)

Genevieve Nnaji To Star In Chimamanda Adichie’s “half Of A Yellow Sun” Movie / Genevieve Nnaji To Act Movie With Angelina Jolie / Whos your Fav James Bond, Bond Movie And Bond Girl? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by Rimbaldi: 9:54am On May 24, 2011
Source: Nigeriatodayonline
FRIDAY MAY 20, 2011

Nollywood star tipped as

next James Bond girl in a

possible N500 million deal

Genevieve Nnaji’s career in acting may be on the high following speculation in Europe that she may be chosen as the next James Bond girl. ‘’I hear she's tipped to be the next Bond girl’’ Sarah Tetteh of the Daily Mirror in the UK recently said. If the deal materializes, Nnaji who is rumoured to be romantically linked with music star D'banj, may gross up to N500 million in her debut movie. The James Bond film series is a series of motion pictures, based on the fictional character of MI6 secret agent James Bond (code designation "007"wink. The UK M16 is the equivalent of Nigeria's SSS. Earlier films were based on novels and short stories, followed later by films with original storylines. The franchise remains one of the longest continually running film series in history, having been in ongoing production from 1962 to 2010 with a six-year hiatus between 1989 and 1995. The films have grossed just over $12 billion (in inflation adjusted dollars) at the worldwide box office, making it easily the highest-grossing film series ever (well ahead of both Star Wars and Harry Potter, which only appear ahead of Bond if inflation is ignored).

At a recent movie event in France, Hollywood star Robert De Niro was spotted chatting up Nnaji. ‘’De Niro always has an eye for hot talent’’ one pundit said. Reports said the duo had kept in contact since then. Nnaji started her acting career as a child actress in the then popular television soap opera - Ripples at the age of 8. She also featured in several commercials some of which include Pronto beverage and Omo detergent. In 1998 at the age of 19 she was introduced into the growing Nigerian film industry with the movie - "Most Wanted". As an upcoming actress, trying to create a niche for herself, she went through various minor roles seeking for that opportunity for a break through. Her subsequent movies - 'Last Party'; Mark of the Beast; and Ijele (still considered to be one of her best epic performance to date) brought forth an icon to be loved and adored by many. Her name became a household name, her image the desire of every young girl. In 2002 she featured in the movie 'Sharon Stone' and her fame shot beyond the shores of Nigeria to Africa and several European countries.

Nnaji appeals just as warmly to Kenyans and Liberians and South Africans and Ghanaians who avidly watch Nigerian home videos at home and abroad. Nnaji, thus, has led the market into new territories today. She took the extra step of projecting herself beyond Nigeria by having a website constructed back in 2003 and it was arguably the most trafficked Nigerian site on the Internet. In recognition of her immense contribution to the Nigerian film industry, Nnaji has been presented with numerous awards some of which have been in Dublin, London and America. She won best actress of the year in the 2001 City People Awards and in 2005 at the maiden outing of the prestigious African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA). In 2004 a search for the face of Lux was embarked upon and out of several celebrities all over Africa Genevieve emerged with the highest votes. She graced several billboards and television stations with her enduring smile and personality. In 2004, she was contracted by a Ghanaian record label to produce an album which got immense attention locally and in several African countries.

With several movies to her credit, and numerous fans around the world, in 2008, in a bid to give back to society, Nnaji launched her clothing line 'St. Genevieve' which donates a percentage of its proceeds to Charity - Orphanages. 2009 Genevieve made history by being the first Nigerian actress to be profiled on Oprah on "The most popular people around the world." Nnaji is quoted to be the highest paid and most desired actress in Nollywood today. A desire to be in contact touch with her fans after being absent from the web for about 6 years has resulted in the construction of a new site. This affords the actress the opportunity to keep in constant touch with her numerous fans the world over. The site is an interactive one and the heats have been outstanding. Her life personifies the saying "All things are possible if you will only believe." These words describe her: Determined, Focused, Humble and Creative. The best years of her career are still ahead.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by Rimbaldi: 9:58am On May 24, 2011
Go Girl! We dey behind you.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by Bawss1(m): 10:31am On May 24, 2011
If this ever happens then the James Bond franchise has really gone to the dogs. angry
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by denzel2009: 10:48am On May 24, 2011
Bawss1:

If this ever happens then the James Bond franchise has really gone to the dogs. angry

If Eva Green can do it, I don't see why she can't.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by Rimbaldi: 10:59am On May 24, 2011
@Bawss1

How so? I think we should just wait and see her performance when this happens. Let's not judge her yet. Abi shay na because say she be naija babe? Abeg!

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by obinna5000(m): 1:49pm On May 24, 2011
The role is yet to be confirmed but I'm hoping she gets it at the end of the day.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by Jackieugo(f): 4:59pm On May 24, 2011
I hope she gets the role. Keep on representing Naija!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by 702: 5:06pm On May 24, 2011
so damn pretty kul!!!! G.N rocks!!!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by Pukkah: 5:42pm On May 24, 2011
I wish you well Gene. Keep on working hard at your chosen career.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by sofadj(m): 12:28am On May 25, 2011
Y we go decieve ourself, the only fing b say she won increase her popularity simple bt getting d role is a dream of a dead man, bt all d same I love d strategy of her manager for dis string,
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by OgidiBoy(m): 12:33am On May 25, 2011
I would have preferred Tonto Dike to star as the James Bond girl, Tonto is way more sexy. I'm happy for Genevieve though.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by Bawss1(m): 9:58am On May 25, 2011
Maybe it’s just me but I find it very hard to imagine GN in a Bond movie as a Bond girl. They should cast her as the villain’s girl instead. cheesy First they corrupt the image of James Bond with the blond Daniel Craig now they are considering doing same with the normally sexy Bond girl by bringing in a Nollywood star (and Nollywood has too much of a pedestrian quality, imo). There are certain things that shouldn’t be.

Anyways I know I am biased about the whole thing, but this desecration is too much for me to handle. cool
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by Rimbaldi: 1:18pm On May 25, 2011
sofa-dj:

Y we go decieve ourself, the only fing b say she won increase her popularity simple bt getting d role is a dream of a dead man, bt all d same I love d strategy of her manager for dis string,

Bad belle! Do you have a Phd. syndrome? Whether she gets it or not is immaterial. What really matters is that she is getting international recognition and BTW do you know what it means to be considered to star in the biggest movie franchise of all times? Think again.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by ragdollz: 2:06pm On May 25, 2011
Lol at d IDEA of a Nigerian Bond girl. Hey, Halle Berry made a good(?) attempt as a Bond girl. I love Gene but I don't think she can cope with the acting and action involved. Unless she takes massive acting classes beforehand. Then MAYBE. Only maybe she'll get the part.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by sexylogan(m): 8:12pm On May 25, 2011
i hope she gets it
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by ChiDalu1: 6:04pm On May 26, 2011
OgidiBoy:

I would have preferred Tonto Dike to star as the James Bond girl, Tonto is way more sexy. I'm happy for Genevieve though.

Tonto Dikeh ke? shocked shocked shocked Abeg, Genevieve all d way!!!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by LOLOH: 6:17pm On May 26, 2011
are you guys serious? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by Bawss1(m): 10:39am On May 27, 2011
LOLOH:

are you guys serious? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
May this never come to pass. cheesy cheesy
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by Rimbaldi: 11:27am On May 27, 2011
Bawss1:

May this never come to pass. cheesy cheesy

See beef O! Let me ask you, if it was ZONED to nigeria to produce the next bond girl, who would you rather it be?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by Bawss1(m): 3:29pm On May 27, 2011
Rimbaldi:

See beef O! Let me ask you, if it was ZONED to nigeria to produce the next bond girl, who would you rather it be?
Sure, as long as the candidate isn't from Nollywood.  cheesy
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by OgidiBoy(m): 11:16pm On May 27, 2011
Chi-Dalu:

Tonto Dikeh ke? shocked shocked shocked Abeg, Genevieve all d way!!!

Tonto Dikeh is young and fresh with very good skin, Genevieve is old cargo but still looks just slightly ok lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:59am On May 28, 2011
[size=13pt]Well , i wish her the best and hope she make us proud. . . grin grin[/size]
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by kadman(m): 11:17am On May 28, 2011
God please let this happen, or at least let her be in the running for it. I have said it time after time, Genevieve is the only actress we have who can represent Nigeria or who has the acting chops for the foreign market.

At work, all my colleagues constantly make fun of Nigerian movies, then one day one of them came saying she watched a Nigerian movie, she said the quality wasn't good, but the actress was brilliant and said she wanted to know the name of the actress. I immediately knew it was Gene, I googled her picture, and my colleague said yes that is her.

I love this woman.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by ragdollz: 10:33am On Jun 01, 2011
If Genevieve makes Bond Girl. . .if she even makes it on as a frigging EXTRA - I will renounce my citizenship and claim another nation. I mean really!? I love Gen but talk about quantum leap grin grin grin.

The Bond franchise has been so jealously guarded by all levels of white supremacy. It took a while for them to allow a black girl to be a Bond girl, and they've been spreading rumors of a black James Bond for a while. But so many veteran Hollywood actors would kill for a part in James Bond and will never get it. Now you're saying a Nollywood actor has a shot?

HAHHAAHHHAAA> I love ya Genny but don't get your hopes up babe. Start small, do some South African series like Stephanie Okereke did, then go on to act in some small-bit Hollywood movies before even DREAMING of a mega-million dollar motion picture part
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by Bawss1(m): 3:45pm On Jun 01, 2011
ragdollz:

If Genevieve makes Bond Girl. . .if she even makes it on as a frigging EXTRA - I will renounce my citizenship and claim another nation. I mean really!? I love Gen but talk about quantum leap grin grin grin.

The Bond franchise has been so jealously guarded by all levels of white supremacy. It took a while for them to allow a black girl to be a Bond girl, and they've been spreading rumors of a black James Bond for a while. But so many veteran Hollywood actors would kill for a part in James Bond and will never get it. Now you're saying a Nollywood actor has a shot?

HAHHAAHHHAAA> I love ya Genny but don't get your hopes up babe. Start small, do some South African series like Stephanie Okereke did, then go on to act in some small-bit Hollywood movies before even DREAMING of a mega-million dollar motion picture part

I don't think thats true. This is not about appeasing minority groups or so that the various segments of society are represented. It’s about keeping the story in line with what Ian Flemming created. If some people feel they are maligned nothing stops them from creating their own super spy franchise. Even though I’m black I’d hate to see a black James Bond. It just doesn’t sound right no matter how one looks at it.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by izzychap: 4:06am On Jun 03, 2011
Are we talking about a role in Gossip Girls, Abi na James Bond in dream land. Any one wey ebi, go girl no shaken.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by omoekoni(m): 10:30am On Jun 03, 2011
e easy. not in this lifetime grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by Dsense(m): 8:04pm On Jun 03, 2011
@Topic.

Una wan kill am? grin grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by ragdollz: 11:12pm On Jun 03, 2011
Yeh Bawsii they need to stick to the plot n stop trying to please everyone! The die-hard book fans never forgave them for a Blonde James Bond (Daniel Craig) and now we're yakking about a Nigerian-born Bond girl grin. Kudos to her agents for this great publicity stunt grin cos it's obviously a bare-faced LIE grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by Sassykes(f): 2:09am On Jun 05, 2011
Ok this made me crack up, seriously not in this lifetime. She would have to be an ACTRESS first to be considered for the role and who the heck would understand half the crap that comes out of her mouth. Hopeful wishing on her part,
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by efisher(m): 1:33pm On Jun 05, 2011
It would be nice to watch.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To Star As James Bond Girl! by Bawss1(m): 10:12am On Jun 06, 2011
Sassykes:

Ok this made me crack up, seriously not in this lifetime. She would have to be an ACTRESS first to be considered for the role and who the heck would understand half the crap that comes out of her mouth. Hopeful wishing on her part,
cheesy
ragdollz:

Yeh Bawsii they need to stick to the plot n stop trying to please everyone! The die-hard book fans never forgave them for a Blonde James Bond (Daniel Craig) and now we're yakking about a Nigerian-born Bond girl grin. Kudos to her agents for this great publicity stunt grin cos it's obviously a bare-faced LIE grin
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tunde Kelani's Maami. Did You Cry? Who Has Watched? / Who Is The Greater Wizard Between Harry Potter And Merlin? / Nairaland Officially Big: Mentioned In Nigeria New Movie 'blackberry Babes"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.