Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car (43144 Views)

Abuja To Delta: I Didn’t Steal Car, Only Test-Driving – Suspect / Man Laments As Hoodlums Destroy His Car, Steal Car Parts (Video) / Robber Who Tried To Steal Car Near Diamond Bank In Awka Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 09, 2021
ba7man:
You totally ignore the hoodlums that killed him to rant and blame the govt.

Nigerians now give criminals a free pass just feed their addiction to blaming the govt. That's no longer normal.

The govt is messed up in the head but that doesn't mean showing solidarity with criminals.

He can be shot and killed in the U.S too.

No, I don't excuse the hoodlums. That's a straw man

The truth is, if welfare for medics had been better , he may not have had to do uber and thus gotten exposed to the hoodlums.

You apc guys better start delivering. You sound like the PDP guys back in the day.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Polyol(m): 7:56am On Sep 09, 2021
Trusth101:
This is really sad, RIP to the dead,once it's 10pm I advice Uber drivers to stop working,the country is not safe anymore

Mhen even if it's safe, 6pm is it for me.

If you check now you'll see that he went offline to amass more money.

We need to dey careful even we dey find this money. May his soul RIP.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by naturefellow(m): 7:57am On Sep 09, 2021
authority2006:

Wrong and totally wrong! Were you told he was one of the striking doctors? Learn to read and comprehend!

When you blame someone for something, blame him or her for the right reason and make sure you are correct. By doing that, you don't end up looking foolish and stupid at the same time
i retracted my comment before quoting me. Thanks!
Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by ba7man(m): 8:00am On Sep 09, 2021
Modrov:

No, I don't excuse the hoodlums. That's a straw man

The truth is, if welfare for medics had been better , he may not have had to do uber and thus gotten exposed to the hoodlums.

You apc guys better start delivering. You sound like the PDP guys back in the day.
He was resuming a job the next day, he wasn't stuck being an uber driver for life so his situation was already looking up, not hopeless like you think it was.

I'll focus my hate on the criminals instead, while pressuring the govt to act on their activities........... not sit back and overlook criminals to blame the govt without providing solutions.

Complaints and criticisms are one of the easiest things to do in life.

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Johel(m): 8:02am On Sep 09, 2021
HenryThegreat1:

https://punchng.com/passengers-strangle-lagos-doctor-turned-uber-driver-steal-car/

People get mind sha....Do I say God closes his eyes to the wicked and permits the devil to deal with good ones??...All this things doesn't make sense anymore...I rather die poor than stealing or killing to get money.
Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Trustedpronet: 8:05am On Sep 09, 2021
hedonido:

You mean Okada man just walked up to you and slapped you for no reason?

You never hustle for street before so you won't understand the street madness
Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Olam09(m): 8:06am On Sep 09, 2021
Set of people that will start shouting yoruba nation now! Not knowing they are the bandits there self

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by 2kurupt(m): 8:07am On Sep 09, 2021
Chai! RIP to the young doc, and condolences to his family. cry

Death penalty to those thieving bas.tards straight
Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Born2Breed(f): 8:07am On Sep 09, 2021
This life... May his gentle soul rest in peace.

May the killers never know sleep until they meet their death.
Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by KunleyY19(m): 8:11am On Sep 09, 2021
Blitzerz:
I just want to notice an observation.

Why is it that most agberos and criminals in Lagos are Yoruba Muslims?

I think it's the same way bandits in the North are northerners and cultist/criminals in the east are also easterners. So the criminals in every region are a representative of the predominant tribe/religion in that area.
Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by hotseat: 8:14am On Sep 09, 2021
Did I hear "medical doctor'?

is there anyone still in doubt that Nigeria is already a failed state?

Man must wack na im put you for road!

Rip, doccy!

1 Like

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by DaCharis2016: 8:14am On Sep 09, 2021
All these boys of 2000's seem possessed of the devil. I wonder how they come up with the idea of killings for money.

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Johel(m): 8:15am On Sep 09, 2021
EmperorTolson:
What baffles me most is the age of those suspect, 27, 23 and 20.
What'd have push those young lad into this.
Heart of many people are evil.

That's the age of foolish pple in recent times alongside those about 50 and above...Most sane ones are between 30 - 48 years,girls in 27,23 and 20 only Wana do olosho,boys at that age only Wana do rituals,yahoo,kill or steal to impress,then when asked by family and friends how they got what they had,they will say "Na God"....Those around 30 -48 years have come to realise alot about life and contentment,they only want to prosper thru legit means,they prefer a good name over money,that's why things are harder for them most..while those around 50 upwards are the crack heads,they can't think straight,always thinking backwards and awkwardly,Na dem full world power and government positions...May God help us in this time we are in.

4 Likes

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by komodapson(m): 8:16am On Sep 09, 2021
EmperorTolson:

I'm marvelled also, the first thought which resonate my mind is their age range. This ills can largely be traced to dysfunctional homes.
If I was to preempt the jury.

27years + ~ 40years(in naija prison)...òmó...I wish they could help me say hi to chidinma also...lol

RIP to the dead...

3 Likes

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by foreshore(m): 8:17am On Sep 09, 2021
Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Lexusgs430: 8:20am On Sep 09, 2021
When you have a health sector is in coma, this are unfortunate scenes that we would keep experiencing.......

Make sure you install a tracking device, on your vehicles.........
Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by federal9: 8:24am On Sep 09, 2021
That was abysmal. Those boys should be treated harshly in their various cells. I wonder what could be going through his mind as they were strangling him from behind.

This world is a wicked world filled with wicked people who have no regards for life.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by hedonido: 8:25am On Sep 09, 2021
And they had to drive to Afrika Shrine to celebrate?

That Femi's shrine has always been a den of all manners of lowlives and hardened criminals. Very odious place. I thought it would be better by now.
Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Toks2008(m): 8:27am On Sep 09, 2021
HenryThegreat1:

https://punchng.com/passengers-strangle-lagos-doctor-turned-uber-driver-steal-car/

A very young innocent man trying to make a honest living.

Rest in peace bro.

Death sentence should be the only judgement...

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by ibtommy(m): 8:28am On Sep 09, 2021
mushystuff:
How unfortunate! I hope they never know peace nor experience any freedom till they draw their last breaths! What wickedness!
Imagine a medical doctor having to turn his vehicle to uber even for one day! If Nigeria didn't happen to him he'd never have had such a gruesome, fatal experience.

God rest hos soul and comfort those left behind

Imagine!!!! For a medical doctor to have decided to take that decision means a lot. May they never know peace for killing such a bright guy. They could have just spared his life?

1 Like

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Lightorder: 8:28am On Sep 09, 2021
EmperorTolson:
they all want to blow overnight like Davido and Wizkid, doing nothing . They don’t learn trade or skills again . Just close to my street yesterday when I stopped at the junction , one of them with golden dyed hair felt that praising me would get him some money off my pocket. The manner I zoomed off would tell him that I could have pushed him over if he hadn’t cleared off my way

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by komodapson(m): 8:29am On Sep 09, 2021
Johel:

That's the age of foolish pple in recent times alongside those about 50 and above...Most sane ones are between 30 - 48 years,girls in 27,23 and 20 only Wana do olosho,boys at that age only Wana do rituals,yahoo,kill or steal to impress,then when asked by family and friends how they got what they had,they will say "Na God"....Those around 30 -48 years have come to realise alot about life and contentment,they only want to prosper thru legit means,they prefer a good name over money,that's why things are harder for them most..while those around 50 upwards are the crack heads,they can't think straight,always thinking backwards and awkwardly,Na dem full world power and government positions...May God help us in this time we are in.

Mehn!!!...you've said it all. I often say to my colleagues, that we that were born in early 80s are the most " unprivileged" among the Nigerian Age strata since independence. It was in 80s that (apparently) Nigeria start to witness decline economically & socially. Name it, Military era was experienced till adulthood compared to kids in mid 90s - Y2K. Education, Health, Finance all abyss.
My heart saddens about this unfortunate incidence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by komodapson(m): 8:31am On Sep 09, 2021
hotseat:
Did I hear "medical doctor'?

is there anyone still in doubt that Nigeria is already a failed state?

Man must wack na im put you for road!

Rip, doccy!

He was a medical personnel(radiographer) and not a medical doctor.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by ibtommy(m): 8:34am On Sep 09, 2021
xpressionx:
Uber and Bolt drivers have turned to endangered species all because of that 2003 to 2007 toyota corolla model.
Police dey pursue you
VIO dey pursue you
Lastma dey pursue you
Roadsafety dey pursue you
Agbero dey pursue you
Thief/armed robber dey pursue you.
All these ontop one person head.
The street ain't funny man

It's just so unfortunate that we are over hyping cars older than some university students. Bubu-Fula has pushed us 20 years backward to the extent that we now buy old cars at outrageous prices and still go about bragging and celebrating. It shall never be well with Tinubu and other SW leaders who forced this Bubu on us. All those who collected money to vote Bubu will share in their pains,too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Reference(m): 8:34am On Sep 09, 2021
YelloweWest:

I ordered a ride around 2am, I was in labour if not for Uber how I for do?

My daughter always works late atimes till 10pm. She'll leave her car and order Uber because she's too tired to drive....

Playing Russian Roulette with life. Actions have consequences. What is that job truly worth.?

1 Like

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by drmikeadams(m): 8:37am On Sep 09, 2021
xpressionx:
Uber and Bolt drivers have turned to endangered species all because of that 2003 to 2007 toyota corolla model.
Police dey pursue you
VIO dey pursue you
Lastma dey pursue you
Roadsafety dey pursue you
Agbero dey pursue you
Thief/armed robber dey pursue you.
All these ontop one person head.
The street ain't funny man

U sabi bro...na so I got to pick up point on a bustop at Lagos island ,na him I c three riders (guys) with bags..I just japa ,no be me una go strangle
Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Blitzerz: 8:39am On Sep 09, 2021
KunleyY19:

I think it's the same way bandits in the North are northerners and cultist/criminals in the east are also easterners. So the criminals in every region are a representative of the predominant tribe/religion in that area.

I didn't use region to qualify in the post you were replying.

Maybe try reading the post using your brain this time.
Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by emmyN(m): 8:39am On Sep 09, 2021
As an Uber driver working late at night, do not carry more than two males at a time, and don't let anyone sit behind you just to be safe
Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by Average9jaman: 8:43am On Sep 09, 2021
Johel:

Dis ur analysis sha... grin

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by teepain: 8:49am On Sep 09, 2021
timefarm:
This is really bad.
How on earth can these young wicked men do this?

After years of study, to enjoy just a little, you didnot allow.

I am not a fan of death penalty but in this case, I have no problem with it for them.

I just told my wife that perhaps bringing back the death penalty for violent crimes would be a good idea.

While I was growing up I recall that many armed robbers were publicly executed and televised to serve as some form of deterrent to potential criminals. Perhaps, that prevented the prevalence of crimes.

Nowadays, the ages of people who commit these crimes are usually between 20 and 35. And government need to do something fast about it.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by yongg: 8:50am On Sep 09, 2021
streetzdreamz:
Only a true thief feels like he owns someone else's property, stealing on its own is a despicable act, killing their victims while in the act is crossing a line I can't really qualify. Take whatever you wanna take, why take his life also? then they go deaf at the moment of reckoning, pleading for mercy and blaming the devil!! these boys don't deserve a court case, an execution best suits them.

Sounds like you've seen Money Heist season 5.
Re: Passengers Strangle Lagos Doctor-Turned Uber Driver, Steal Car by KunleyY19(m): 8:58am On Sep 09, 2021
Blitzerz:

I didn't use region to qualify in the post you were replying.

Maybe try reading the post using your brain this time.

Lagos is part of the western region and you don't expect me to go comparing state by state. Let me rephrase my answer for you. "I think it's the same way bandits in the Zamfara are northerners and cultist/criminals in Imo State are also easterners. So the criminals in every region are a representative of the predominant tribe/religion in that area". You should get the answer this time if your brain too is not upside down like the dove on Redeem's logo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Beats His 8-Month Pregnant Wife To Death In Oyo (Picture) / Vehicles Loaded With Ammunition And IED’s Intercepted In Ikorodu, Lagos / EFCC Nabs 18 Suspected Yahoo Boys (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.