Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

The Greatest Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Greatest Sin (400 Views)

The Killing Is The Greatest Sin / What Is The Greatest Sin The Bible God Committed? / What Is The Greatest Sin In The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Greatest Sin by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 09, 2021
The greatest sin of Christians is conformity to the world’s system (Rom. 12:2) so they would not appear to be “a peculiar people” or be ridiculed (1 Cor. 1:21; 1 Pet. 2:9).

Stop keeping people from getting to Jesus by the way you live your life.

“I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.” (1 Cor. 10:15).

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Sin by Das1mama: 7:03am On Sep 09, 2021
Is a sin against the Holy Ghost which is unpardonable.
Re: The Greatest Sin by Dtruthspeaker: 7:25am On Sep 09, 2021
justfrankz:
The greatest sin of Christians is conformity to the world’s system (Rom. 12:2) so they would not appear to be “a peculiar people” or be ridiculed (1 Cor. 1:21; 1 Pet. 2:9).

Sorry for annoying you, Christians "Never Conform to ways and dictates of the world"

And many are not Christians, at best they can called "Christ Applicants".

And because of this Application, they think to call themselves Christians whereas, "their Application has not been Accepted by Christ".

So they are exactly as those people who have applied for American visa calling themselves Americans even before their application is granted or denied!
Re: The Greatest Sin by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 09, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Sorry for annoying you, Christians "Never Conform to ways and dictates of the world"

And many are not Christians, at best they can called "Christ Applicants".

And because of this Application, they think to call themselves Christians whereas, "their Application has not been Accepted by Christ".

So they are exactly as those people who have applied for American visa calling themselves Americans even before their application is granted or denied!

The context is a Christian’s manner of life. There are professing Christians that still live like the devil. They do things worldly people do. They go to places worldly people go to.

If a Christian cannot conform to this world, why will the Lord warn us about it in Romans 12:2? “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”

Why did the Lord tell Christians to separate from the world in 2 Cor.6:14-17 “…Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

1 Like

Re: The Greatest Sin by Kobojunkie: 11:14am On Sep 09, 2021
justfrankz:

Conformity to the world's system? undecided

While I understand what you are attempting to say, you err in declaring this the greatest sin when Jesus Christ, the one who is God's Law in the Kingdom of God, did not declare this so. undecided

Those who chose to serve the world over Jesus Christ serve a different master and as Jesus Christ already declared, one cannot serve two masters in the Kingdom of God , so there sin is choosing to serve the world over Him. undecided

Those who however keep people from getting to Jesus Christ are those who teach the doctrines and traditions of men, lies which Jesus Christ explained where an abomination to God, in His name. They are the many false teachers and prophets prophets, blind ones too, out there who deceive people in the name of God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 and Mark 7 vs 1 - 23 undecided

No one is called to emulate the choices of another man. ALL are called to one thing and one thing only and that is continual submission to and obedience of the commandments and teachings of Jesus Christ, the one who is Master over all in His Kingdom. undecided
Re: The Greatest Sin by Dtruthspeaker: 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2021
justfrankz:

The context is a Christian’s manner of life. There are PROFESSING Christians that still live like the devil. They do things worldly people do. They go to places worldly people go to.

That is why I told you that these people are not Christians.

Christ did not these things so if they are following Christ, which is what Christian means, it is therefore not possible that they shall do these things.

Those who do these are never Christians.

And you used the accurate and True word "PROFESSING", exactly as those people who because they have applied for American visa have therefore professed themselves "Americans".

But we all know that they are not.

So is it with these people who do these things, THEY ARE NOT CHRISTIANS.

Christ Followers (Christian) NEVER Do these things, for they are following Christ Who never did these things nor went to those places.

justfrankz:

If a Christian cannot conform to this world, why will the Lord warn us about it in Romans 12:2? “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”

Why did the Lord tell Christians to separate from the world in 2 Cor.6:14-17 “…Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.

These are the Classes and QUALIFYING Exams which Applicants for Christ Followership MUST PASS BEFORE THEY CAN BE GRANTED ENTRY INTO THE MEMBERSHIP OF CHRIST FOLLOWERSHIP exactly as no one can enjoy the benefits and privilege of being a Doctor, Lawyer, Surgeon if they have not "Written" and "Passed" their QUALIFYING EXAMS.

And we have seen many who have called themselves doctors, lawyers, CSO etc but are not.

And they are all called Fakes and are Guilty of Impersonation and the Fraud of Misrepresentation.

Also Any who was Previously Qualified and returned to these things will be expelled from The Membership of Christ when found guilty.

Thus, once again he who is expelled is not a Christian, exactly as expelled students, doctors, lawyers, workers etc are no longer members of the followership from which they are expelled from.

(1) (Reply)

/ You Are Special. / Is SCOAN The Same After The Demise Of T. B Joshua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.