Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

I Think I Laundered Money Unintentionally....help!!!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Think I Laundered Money Unintentionally....help!!!!! (952 Views)

I Think I Might Have A Case Of Money Laundering / Anambra Crimes: Princess Was Obiano's Mistress,Laundered Cash For Ex Gov,Wife / Hushpuppi Allegedly Laundered Funds For North Korean Hackers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think I Laundered Money Unintentionally....help!!!!! by Tomzy649: 8:02am On Sep 09, 2021
I use to help people fund betting account online. It goes like this they contact me with info such as how much they want to deposit the betting website(1xbet etc) and I give them an amount am going to charge and they transfer to me and I help them find.
So one of my customers mailed as usual claiming she wants to deposit 100k gave her account details and I saw alert of a million naira she claimed it's a mistake I should help her return 900k I did then I transfered 100k to my opay to help her fund ,she went offline so I didn't get the bet id.
Afternoon I logged in my banking Mobile and it's Freezed ,called customer service was told it was a fraudulent transaction
Then I contacted her (she had cleared our chat by now) and transferred the 100k back to her that I don't want a part in this
She said it's her boyfriend money that she was arrested she had paid the money back ,but my account is still Freezed and am so scared to go to the bank any body with advice
Re: I Think I Laundered Money Unintentionally....help!!!!! by WalkinggBenson: 8:06am On Sep 09, 2021
As a retired money launderer, I think . . .

1 Like

Re: I Think I Laundered Money Unintentionally....help!!!!! by TheGiftedOne(m): 8:13am On Sep 09, 2021
You should have an account officer that you could open up to first before showing up. I think a court affidavit as disclaimer might suffice. I'm not sure though.

1 Like

Re: I Think I Laundered Money Unintentionally....help!!!!! by ogyunging(m): 8:20am On Sep 09, 2021
Omo.
Dem don nak u akpako.
Before you go to the bank, confirm the details and identity of your customer and her supposed boyfriend with convo details. Na Dem go fit help our Niger Area banks unfreeze your account. Na LOCAL be the game bro. The girl can lie for Africa. Cheers

1 Like

Re: I Think I Laundered Money Unintentionally....help!!!!! by Imustnottalk: 8:36am On Sep 09, 2021
Go to bank you have nothing to be scared of as far you are not involved
Re: I Think I Laundered Money Unintentionally....help!!!!! by epondudu: 9:04am On Sep 09, 2021
Make sure you get in touch with your account officer before you step into that bank or else Nigerian police would have slapped tomorrow out of your remaining life before handing you over to efcc.
And should in case they mandated you show up get a lawyer.

1 Like

Re: I Think I Laundered Money Unintentionally....help!!!!! by MufasaLion: 9:16am On Sep 09, 2021
Contact your attorney, collect enough evidences of your transaction and texts before you step in that banking hall.
Re: I Think I Laundered Money Unintentionally....help!!!!! by Tomzy649: 11:10am On Sep 09, 2021
Guys am just 19 where would I get a lawyer
Also do you think I should just go to another bank and open an account with them
Re: I Think I Laundered Money Unintentionally....help!!!!! by bigpicture001: 11:13am On Sep 09, 2021
God help us in this country against fraudulent bad boiz...

This is exactly y big firms don't collect transfers....
Re: I Think I Laundered Money Unintentionally....help!!!!! by Xhuntra: 1:02pm On Sep 09, 2021
Tomzy649:
Guys am just 19 where would I get a lawyer
Also do you think I should just go to another bank and open an account with them

you cannot open another account without getting caught. BVN is the same across all boards. They will know its you
Re: I Think I Laundered Money Unintentionally....help!!!!! by olaoti51: 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2021
sad
Re: I Think I Laundered Money Unintentionally....help!!!!! by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 2:32pm On Sep 09, 2021
@Tomzy649
This story is not quite clear.

Don't u ve evidence of where u trfd the 900k to her?
And ur chat with her was via wch chanel that makes it impossible for u to retrieve the chat even when she deleted it from her end.

U can't open a new acct cos the lien would be on ur BvN
Re: I Think I Laundered Money Unintentionally....help!!!!! by Tomzy649: 4:01pm On Sep 09, 2021
Orlaoluwayimika:
@Tomzy649
This story is not quite clear.

Don't u ve evidence of where u trfd the 900k to her?
And ur chat with her was via wch chanel that makes it impossible for u to retrieve the chat even when she deleted it from her end.

U can't open a new acct cos the lien would be on ur BvN
I transfered the 900k back to the account number she gave me instantly, I have the receipt on my mobile Banking app I also have the receipt for the 100k I transferred to her through opay
The chat was on telegram she cleared for both parties am not even sure if she is a she
Re: I Think I Laundered Money Unintentionally....help!!!!! by Kajaard: 4:04pm On Sep 09, 2021
Tomzy649:

I transfered the 900k back to the account number she gave me instantly, I have the receipt on my mobile Banking app I also have the receipt for the 100k I transferred to her through opay
The chat was on telegram she cleared for both parties am not even sure if she is a she

Go get a lawyer. Your BVN has been flagged meaning your account remains frozen and you cannot open any bank account with any bank controlled by the CBN in Nigeria.
Re: I Think I Laundered Money Unintentionally....help!!!!! by fergieboy: 7:04pm On Sep 09, 2021
You loosed Guard

You could have transfer back to the account she transferred the money from

And not providing you another account to transfer to

That’s where you could have known something is not right
Re: I Think I Laundered Money Unintentionally....help!!!!! by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 9:10pm On Sep 09, 2021
Tomzy649:

Ensure u keep the receipts of the account u trfd the money to.

I hope the acct is not all this one time acct.

Whether that or not engage a lawyer but if practically impossible try go get contact of ur acct officer or a banker in the bank seek their opinion on what to do and ensure u do that fast cos delay may be more dangerous.

If those options are impossible for u to do look for an educated elderly person that is bold not someone that would easily fidget to go with u to the bank and request to see one of their ogas preferrably d Mgr. and explain what happened with the receipt of the acct u trfd to.

I pray the case ain't a case of kidnapping/robbery.

U urgently need to go to the bank in other to ensure lien can also be placed on the recipient's acct hopefully all the money won't ve been withdrawn.

(1) (Reply)

Hospital Close Down After Nurses Complains That Invisible Creatures Raping Them / Mechanic Village In Uyo Boils As Igbo Community Clashes With Indigenous Workers / Company Gifts Zimbabweans Traveling from SA With Questionable Cooking Oil (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.