Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? (20277 Views)

Graduate Begs For N18,000 Job On Facebook / N100,000 Job Or Five Million Naira Cash? / With 13 Years Experience, Will You Accept An N85,000 Job Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Yusufnairaland2: 5:34pm On Sep 09, 2021
Your 40k in ilorin is far far better and more valuable than 85k in Anywhere in Akwa Ibom.. I stay in Eket. A few mins drive to Oron. I am speaking from a position of authority. Nothing is in this state. Everything is expensive. They don't even have good power supply in Oron. Eket is fair in term of light. But I will advise the person to stay back o. I swear to God I can't wait to get out of this place.
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Tbasicme: 5:35pm On Sep 09, 2021
kbams241:
Government worker in Ilorin,irregular staff at oron.. Government work is more secured don't let your village people confuse u

My thoughts exactly. A bird at hand is better than 1 million in the bush.
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by AutoChick4U(f): 5:35pm On Sep 09, 2021
micellgevity:
Pls, for those know about Oron, what is the life like there?
A friend got a call from his brother to come and work in Maritime Academy Oron. But he is sceptical about it.

Though, here in Ilorin his salary hardly lasts 3 days before he is broke again. He already built his house and married.

In Oron, he will be appointed as irregular staff, as they call it, though, he will later be converted to regular staff after some time.

There is no much difference between irregular and regular staff salaries.

The question now is should he go, is 85 thousand naira salary worth it in Oron? For those who know about maritime academy, pls, your input is needed.

E.g. the actual salary of level 8, security, social life, cost of living and quality of life, hostility from the indigens etc. I forgot to say there might be accommodation.

Tell him to leave his comfort zone and move to oron Asap. See opportunity fa
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Babaheekmat: 5:37pm On Sep 09, 2021
Disturb:
Tired of seeing these sort of topics all the time....Mods should stop being stupid and bringing such topics to front page.... It's annoying seeing grown ass men who can't make decisions for themselves

You wear the shoe...you know where hurts not us

Why you dey vex na
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Yusufnairaland2: 5:37pm On Sep 09, 2021
Dangotey:
Asides accommodation and sex Things are generally expensive in akwaibom(eket as a case study). And the funny thing is that you don't have more options to pick from. The intrinsic value of 85k in akwaibom is tentamout to 50k in the south weat
Accomodation too is expensive. It's a bleeped up state.
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Babaheekmat: 5:37pm On Sep 09, 2021
Yusufnairaland2:
Your 40k in ilorin is far far better and more valuable than 85k in Anywhere in Akwa Ibom.. I stay in Eket. A few mins drive to Oron. I am speaking from a position of authority. Nothing is in this state. Everything is expensive. They don't even have good power supply in Oron. Eket is fair in term of light. But I will advise the person to stay back o. I swear to God I can't wait to get out of this place.

I pray he sees this oOoOO
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 09, 2021
xpressionx:
THERE IS NO BASIS FOR COMPARISON,MY ONLY PRAYER IS THAT ENJOYMENT SHOULD NOT KILL YOU IN ORON.
FRESH FISH
FRESH BABES
CHEAP HOUSE
ACCESS ROAD TO UYO
AQUA/MARINE LIFE.

OP JUST DONT FORGET YOUR PARENTS
grin

Lol, I served at Eket.. After service, I didn't want to go back to base. The only reason I left there was because my roomie (corp member) empty all my savings.
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Prettychild(f): 5:45pm On Sep 09, 2021
Abeg where una dey see this vacancies na. Abeg help me. Thanks
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Chithauri(m): 5:46pm On Sep 09, 2021
Disturb:
Tired of seeing these sort of topics all the time....Mods should stop being stupid and bringing such topics to front page.... It's annoying seeing grown ass men who can't make decisions for themselves

You wear the shoe...you know where hurts not us
shut up. no harm in seeking advice
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Sunkyapogee(m): 5:51pm On Sep 09, 2021
Beloved2016:
Cost of living in iron is relatively ok.im more worried about the contract work at MAN. Im aware the Rector dey fire people any how any how even regular staff. I have a friend who works as a lecturer, the guy dey fear tire. Them dey sign time book and all that. Let him do more facts finding about the contract job first
You sure say your Friend na lecturer there abi na office staff..
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by YourMajesty(m): 5:57pm On Sep 09, 2021
go to Oron straight.
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Udometuk5103(m): 5:59pm On Sep 09, 2021
Maritime Academy is a federal government institution that awards ND and HND. Forget the issue of irregular of a thing, it's everywhere including the Presidency. He should go for it and do his best for review at appropriate time.
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by poiZon: 5:59pm On Sep 09, 2021
EMEKA1MILLION:
Let me give you my suggestion not advice as an ex student of the Academy. Note that the town is not cheap due to the manner sea farers who school there spend money.

If he will be given accommodation inside the school then he can take the offer. Houses outside the school is minimum of 20k monthly.

The prices of goods and services is even considered higher than uyo. The market he'll find things quite expensive compared to what he gets in ilorin.

The Oron town electricity is abysmal, so terrible he'll have to depend charging his phone in the school which runs regular generator during work hour.

He can take the job if they'll give him accommodation inside the school, else that money will vanish within two weeks on managing levels...

Note that the Academy is the most you can get in Oron since there are no sensible companies.
So if u sit i have the midst of 3 beautiful and intelligent oron girls, is that not a sensible company?
No be everytime companies dey pay person, u can also pay companies.

The issue is irregular stuff... If na permanent job, oron is better. 20k a month for house, this one na lie. Unless u r talking of houses that r closed to the school and are kinda sublet monthly to seafarers. If u go down town, houses cheap.
Light might improve now, though its been long i went to oron
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Nackzy: 5:59pm On Sep 09, 2021
85k Job in Oron is better
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by nyzeo(m): 6:02pm On Sep 09, 2021
Come to oron and call me... I bet you won't regret it..
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by id911(m): 6:03pm On Sep 09, 2021
Yusufnairaland2:

Be quiet Mr Man and stop misinforming the lad! Things are bound to be expensive in Eket, Ibono and the surrounding places because of Mobil Oil and other Oil companies operating within the area. Oron is far from Eket and things are way cheaper than Eket where you're staying. There's almost 24 hrs light in Maritime where the guy is going and there's staff quarters there too. The prices of goods and services in Oron are the cheapest in the State and entire food stuffs chain are sourced locally.

Like seriously? How can you compare Eket and Oron?! That's my place and you're not from there so don't ever you say you're speaking from the position of authority. SMH!

5 Likes

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Babastrong(m): 6:09pm On Sep 09, 2021
I can't leave my "wife" or better still family in one state while working in another state even if you gonna give me millions.
op, you said your friend has built his own house, then tell him to use his intelligent to improve his standard of living instead of going to unknown arena.
he can get loan of 2million above in jaiz bank with the property and start good business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by sageb: 6:09pm On Sep 09, 2021
micellgevity:
A friend got a call from his brother to come and work in Maritime Academy Oron. But he is sceptical about it.

Though, here in Ilorin his salary hardly lasts 3 days before he is broke again. He already built his house and married.

In Oron, he will be appointed as irregular staff, as they call it, though, he will later be converted to regular staff after some time.

The question now is should he go, is 85 thousand naira salary worth it in Oron? For those who know about maritime academy, pls, your input is needed.

E.g. the actual salary of level 8, security, social life, cost of living and quality of life, hostility from the indigens etc. I forgot to say there might be accommodation.

things are cheap in Oron
the only challenge he will face is that there are no jobs there and With his 80k in the bag, Oron girls will be flocking around him

1 Like

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by ivoryfile: 6:12pm On Sep 09, 2021
What happens to his family? what happens to the house he already built?
He's got to pay rent in Oron.

Then how was he able to build the house he owns now in Ilorin?

He should answer those questions and he will know what to do.

IMO, the so called 80k will not be upto the value of his current 40k. (That's if this your story is genuine)
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by lolu2019: 6:13pm On Sep 09, 2021
xpressionx:
THERE IS NO BASIS FOR COMPARISON,MY ONLY PRAYER IS THAT ENJOYMENT SHOULD NOT KILL YOU IN ORON.
FRESH FISH
FRESH BABES
CHEAP HOUSE
ACCESS ROAD TO UYO
AQUA/MARINE LIFE.man wey sabi

OP JUST DONT FORGET YOUR PARENTS
grin
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by lolu2019: 6:18pm On Sep 09, 2021
id911:

Be quiet Mr Man and stop misinforming the lad! Things are bound to be expensive in Eket, Ibono and the surrounding places because of Mobil Oil and other Oil companies operating within the area. Oron is far from Eket and things are way cheaper than Eket where you're staying. There's almost 24 hrs light in Maritime where the guy is going and there's staff quarters there too. The prices of goods and services in Oron are the cheapest in the State and entire food stuffs chain are sourced locally.

Like seriously? How can you compare Eket and Oron?! That's my place and you're not from there so don't ever you say you're speaking from the position of authority. SMH!
don't mind the lad.when I am thinking of going back to Ibeno.America in Nigeria.life is simple in Akwa ibom.free light in ibeno.free beach at ibeno.u don't to pay to get access to the beach.transportation is cheap.

1 Like

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by MyChoice1: 6:19pm On Sep 09, 2021
micellgevity:

He should accept oron job, once he settles, he can be shipping crayfish, snails, dry fish, periwinkle etc to his wife who will resell them at illorin...more income on top of the doubled salary

6 Likes

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by lolu2019: 6:22pm On Sep 09, 2021
MyChoice1:

He should accept oron job, once he settles, he can be shipping crayfish, snails, dry fish, periwinkle etc to his wife who will resell them at illorin...more income on top of the doubled salary
o boy,u get sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by kiltoko1(m): 6:23pm On Sep 09, 2021
More money we come across More problem we see... Use your head
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by id911(m): 6:24pm On Sep 09, 2021
lolu2019:
don't mind the lad.when I am thinking of going back to Ibeno.America in Nigeria.life is simple in Akwa ibom.free light in ibeno.free beach at ibeno.u don't to pay to get access to the beach.transportation is cheap.

The thing just tire me for the guy. Even Ilorin wey the OP is managing with 40k is more expensive than Oron.

1 Like

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by lolu2019: 6:28pm On Sep 09, 2021
id911:

The thing just tire me for the guy. Even Ilorin wey the OP is managing with 40k is more expensive than Oron.
he didn't know what he is saying.
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Pacesetter123(m): 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2021
He should go to Oron.After just two years,his casual appointment will be converted to a permanent one.
If he is a degree holder,his salary will be closed to if not up to 200k a month plus oda incentives.
So for you to say there's no much different between salary of irregular staff and regular staff,it means you are ignorant of MAN working environment.As for cost of living, it's relatively very cheap.Accomodation is equally cheaper there.As for security,the area is calmed and cool.Just be friendly with the indigenous people and respect their way of life, you are good to go.

3 Likes

Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by Ikpongiton: 6:35pm On Sep 09, 2021
Quickly go to oron.you will have a swell time.
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by hopexter(m): 6:36pm On Sep 09, 2021
ppogba:

Sikabalabolobora
Eli jipajero.

I can be your treasurer when you finish in two years.

May the bandits not get to you before then in Jesus name. Meanwhile, abeg do feasibility study for a proper site to commence our calling, may the good God guide and protect you my treasurer cheesy
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by samso247(m): 6:37pm On Sep 09, 2021
Oron nor be am jare, let me advise u as an excadet.

If u will stay in the academy, den it's ok, but if u re staying in town, d cost of living is high o. Very outrageous because of seafarers that comes to do one course or d oda. No light in d town, I don't really know about security sha.

Bottom line. If d academy will give u accommodation. Then Oron is a good place, if no accommodation, ur 85k go be like 85naira
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by SarkinYarki: 6:38pm On Sep 09, 2021
If he is not an Oron man he should avoid maritime
Re: N40,000 Job In Ilorin Or N85,000 Job In Oron? by izubext007: 6:41pm On Sep 09, 2021
All this question are irrelevant, asking man for directions will lead u astray, just go on ur kneels and ask for God divine directions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dynamic Resources / Nairaland & Other Internet Sites Are Designed For Fraud - NSCDC / After Being Humiliated In Her Former Place Of Work, She Got A Very Good Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.