Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,953 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. (36617 Views)

Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet / Green Snake Caught Up In Window Net. / Man Strangled To Death By His Pet Snake In Ghana (Photos,video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by Babara1994(m): 3:59pm On Sep 10, 2021
Looks like a nonvenomous snake. Silly comments especially on the first page.
Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by adedayourt(m): 4:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
nwajesus12:
it's a boomslang, not a mamba. Look at that big eyes

Been trying to make the comparison but I really not convinced.

But truth is either a boom or a mamba, they both venomous and deserved to be killed first grin grin

2 Likes

Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by Simeonjoe1: 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2021
adedayourt:

Been trying to make the comparison but I really not convinced.

But truth is either a boom or a mamba, they both venomous and deserved to be killed first grin grin

No that's philothamnus semivaregatus, a non venomous snake, very common in our ecosystem and rarely bites.

1 Like

Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by Simeonjoe1: 4:07pm On Sep 10, 2021
NotFarFrom:

Harmless?

That's a Boomslang. It's not a Bush snake (non venomous) because no black dots on its body.

Boomslang is one of the most venomous snakes on the continent.

Not a boomslang. Just the common green snake. I'm don't think boomslang is endogenous to west Africa

1 Like

Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by cmecproblem(m): 4:14pm On Sep 10, 2021
This green snake likes cars lol many similar stories same green snake.
Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by deewhytee: 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2021
For all those saying it's a poor harmless snake, and ought not be killed, what if the guy had been driving and it suddenly bit him or curled around his leg or entered into his trousers?
Don't you think it could have caused an accident that could take the guy's life?
Btw... that's a very deadly snake that was killed.
I know because they've killed one in my house before...in my bathroom... when we packed newly into our house that was in a new neighbourhood and close to the Army Reservation Land... so snakes and scorpions were our regular visitors before they eventually fenced off the land from our area.

It was one of our neighbours that helped me kill the snake that said it's one of the most dangerous snakes in the world and it strikes its victims four times in rapid succession, and the victims hardly survive the venom.

So abeg, let the OP go and do Thanksgiving in church oo...cus I can't imagine what could have happened if he hadn't been fortunate enough to see it first.

(What if it had curled up under the driver or passenger seat and come out when the guy was already driving on the express??)
(Shudders..!)
Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by cmecproblem(m): 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2021
This snake feeds on ants
Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by Classickj(m): 4:34pm On Sep 10, 2021
MufasaLion:
Serpent grin grin grin

They need to start "Snake In The City" in Nigeria so as to save snakes. sad
I don miss this show
Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by MufasaLion: 4:43pm On Sep 10, 2021
Classickj:

I don miss this show

They still show it on NatGeo Wild and Discovery Family. I really missed TANKED, do you know that show?
Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by Killermamba: 4:46pm On Sep 10, 2021
mdokaba1:
Having parked under a tree for a while with the glasses slightly down, I came back and met this smooth green snake inside the leg room of my official vehicle.

Ofcourse I and my colleague killed it immediately. However, this didn’t go down well with another colleague who argued that it was a harmless snake and we could just have found a way to let it out of the car and into the bush.

Dear snake lovers in the house, was killing this smooth Green Snake the best option?

Its harmless
Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by Localordinary: 4:47pm On Sep 10, 2021
This snake is as venomous as the black mamba. Black mamba and the green snake are cousin's

quote author=mdokaba1 post=105649555]Having parked under a tree for a while with the glasses slightly down, I came back and met this smooth green snake inside the leg room of my official vehicle.

Ofcourse I and my colleague killed it immediately. However, this didn’t go down well with another colleague who argued that it was a harmless snake and we could just have found a way to let it out of the car and into the bush.

Dear snake lovers in the house, was killing this smooth Green Snake the best option? [/quote]
Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by Bjornson01(m): 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
Betece:
This snake is very conjugal and retrospective, even without killing the snake every generator and washing machine nereby will be suffering from tuberculosis.
What I'm trying to imply is, that snake is naked and the privates are outside, killing it will hasten it judgment in heaven shocked
Trust me, I've taken this weed before.
Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by Juliearth(f): 5:06pm On Sep 10, 2021
mdokaba1:
Having parked under a tree for a while with the glasses slightly down, I came back and met this smooth green snake inside the leg room of my official vehicle.

Dear snake lovers in the house, was killing this smooth Green Snake the best option?

If you must park your car under a tree, you should at least secure your car so no creepy reptile can crawl in. Harmless or not, imagine if you had discovered that you had company in the car while in motion, that would have been an elixir to totally lose control and possibly suffer a car crash.
Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by Kingvitalisdiho: 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
All snakes are deadly...killed it is the best option
Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by Maski87: 6:10pm On Sep 10, 2021
These village people sef
Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by alhaji04: 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2021
mdokaba1:

Well your colleague was right, tho I don't know the state you reside but this kind of snake, if you kill it in ebonyi. You are in a serious problem because it is considered to be a god. No be joke o
Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by themanderon: 6:33pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kill all snakes and ask questions later.
Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:25pm On Sep 10, 2021
I have seen this exact snake at below the engine bay bumper area of my car.tried to kill it but It kept retreating inside .I just drove my car like dat
Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by senchibi: 7:45pm On Sep 10, 2021
This snake is harmless. It's a non venous snake
Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 10, 2021
LegendaryArnold:

God knows i wont enter that car again

Fear fear uncle.
We gather dey grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by OcMichaels(m): 8:33pm On Sep 10, 2021
No ever park there again, the mama fit dey bush dey vex for you!
If she catch you.....
Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by Athemisia: 8:42pm On Sep 10, 2021
b3llo:
That ur friend would have put his hand inside the snakes mouth. The end result would determine if the snake is harmless or not.
You wicked gaaan....

Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by Classickj(m): 9:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
MufasaLion:

They still show it on NatGeo Wild and Discovery Family. I really missed TANKED, do you know that show?
Yes
Just one episode
Re: I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. by MufasaLion: 10:06pm On Sep 10, 2021
Classickj:

Yes
Just one episode

Oh, they've stopped the show anyways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gsd Vs Caucasian Dog / 10 Reasons Why People Keep Gsd/Alsatian More Than Other Breeds / A Tale Of How You Were Chased By A Dog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.