Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,202 members, 7,818,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress (19593 Views)

My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) / Building A 4 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 7:44pm On Sep 19, 2021
We started the second phase of the electrical work.

We bought cables.

1.5mm
2.5mm
4mm
And about 2 more (i will update the dimension once i remember).

The total cost for the cables is 385,000 Naira.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by clark0: 4:53pm On Sep 22, 2021
Erums:

I'm in a delima...i building in an small estate, where everyone around me is using stone coated roof, I intend to use steptiles on my 3/2 semi detached bungalow.. What would you advise, would it look odd in thier midst?

I would suggest you use a stone coated roofing sheets, it is less cheaper than 0.5MM long span roofing sheets.. In order to avoid being shortchanged, get someone who you could pay 3K to help take the measurements. However, let him know before hand that you are not contracting the job to him that way he would give you the exact measurements. It’s best you buy the roofing sheets from sellers around you especially a factory.

P.S. Stone coated roofs have 50 years warranty.

3 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by Geeman2006: 7:18pm On Sep 22, 2021
ojasweb:
Before installing the white POP on the veranda, we mount a burglary on top of the veranda for additional security.

Please put me through! When you mean additional security on the veranda, is it to guard against from thieves who usually gain entrance from ceiling outside the house?
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 7:44pm On Sep 22, 2021
Geeman2006:

Please put me through! When you mean additional security on the veranda, is it to guard against from thieves who usually gain entrance from ceiling outside the house?

Exactly. It is much easier to gain entrance through the veranda if there's no burglary installed. So we mount the burglary before installing the POP.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by Geeman2006: 8:17pm On Sep 22, 2021
ojasweb:

Exactly. It is much easier to gain entrance through the veranda if there's no burglary installed. So we mount the burglary before installing the POP.

Ok.. Thanks. I've learnt something new today.
Kudos on the progress of your building.. I'm Enjoying the thread.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by Franky826: 10:30pm On Sep 22, 2021
Your house is so fine. Congratulations
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by bizzibodi(m): 10:50pm On Sep 22, 2021
ojasweb:
By the way, i have done the first phase of the plumbing and electrical work before the plastering.

I have just got the quote for the cables, totaling 385,000 Naira.

I will post more update as we progress.

Thanks for reading.
#385k for cable only?6 bundles of #10k each should go round na.

3 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by bizzibodi(m): 10:53pm On Sep 22, 2021
ojasweb:

We bought cables.

1.5mm
2.5mm
4mm

PLS do well tell us d qqty of cables & price tag.
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by bizzibodi(m): 10:57pm On Sep 22, 2021
ojasweb:

A determined thieves will break through d external walls also.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 11:36pm On Sep 22, 2021
bizzibodi:

A determined thieves will break through d external walls also.

They won't need to break the wall if the doors are left open.
As long as you can close the doors, then it makes sense to also block other easy access areas.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 11:38pm On Sep 22, 2021
bizzibodi:

#385k for cable only?6 bundles of #10k each should go round na.

See the attached image

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ITbomb(m): 6:21am On Sep 23, 2021
Reminds me of when I was doing my soakaway
https://www.nairaland.com/5677913/building-septic-soakaway-13-days

E get some quotations you go see for nairaland, to build go scare you

You can build a simple house without breaking the bank,
For building, foundation, roofing and finishing cost most and they depend on your taste

3 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 8:07am On Sep 23, 2021
ITbomb:
Reminds me of when I was doing my soakaway
https://www.nairaland.com/5677913/building-septic-soakaway-13-days

E get some quotations you go see for nairaland, to build go scare you

You can build a simple house without breaking the bank,
For building, foundation, roofing and finishing cost most and they depend on your taste

How much does it cost you to finish the sokaway and when?
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by bizzibodi(m): 8:53am On Sep 23, 2021
ojasweb:

They won't need to break the wall if the doors are left open.
As long as you can close the doors, then it makes sense to also block other easy access areas.
They will only break d wall if they cant break d door,I have seen them break through a 12ft fence & house wall bypassing d gate & entrance security door.
May a hanging calabash of juju will scare them off. grin grin grin
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 9:07am On Sep 23, 2021
bizzibodi:

They will only break d wall if they cant break d door,I have seen them break through a 12ft fence & house wall bypassing d gate & entrance security door.
May a hanging calabash of juju will scare them off. grin grin grin

Now you get my point. They will only break the wall if the door can't be broken. Imagine if the door is easily broken. The same thing, if their's no burglary mounted before the POP installation, the only need a hammer to break in. But with burglary, it becomes tougher.

But not withstanding, this is not meant to prevent major operation. This is used to deter minor operations that can easily penetrate via the ceiling.

3 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by Erums(m): 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2021
clark0:

I would suggest you use a stone coated roofing sheets, it is less cheaper than 0.5MM long span roofing sheets.. In order to avoid being shortchanged, get someone who you could pay 3K to help take the measurements. However, let him know before hand that you are not contracting the job to him that way he would give you the exact measurements. It’s best you buy the roofing sheets from sellers around you especially a factory.

P.S. Stone coated roofs have 50 years warranty.

Stone coated is cheaper than 0.5mm
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by folmus: 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2021
Interesting!
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by chidi4eze(m): 2:42pm On Sep 23, 2021
Please how much is the rain gutters
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 4:38pm On Sep 23, 2021
chidi4eze:
Please how much is the rain gutters

I have not installed rain gutters. My friend told me i should budget about 400,000.
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 11:42am On Oct 06, 2021
Update:

Towards the ending of September, 2021, i asked the plumber to submit the details of the material needed for the final phase of the plumbing.

The total cost he submitted was 330,800.

On the 5ft of October, 2021, we went to procure the materials and i ended up spending 355,000.

The plumber workmanship is 75,000.

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 1:51pm On Oct 06, 2021
The receipt of the plumbing materials.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by jiday4(m): 2:03pm On Oct 06, 2021
ojasweb:
The receipt of the plumbing materials.

Congratulations sir, may God give you the power and financial will to complete the project ,. Am really learning and using your thread to also guide myself .
Am about roofing my 3bedroom bungalow too on half plot .

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 3:06pm On Oct 06, 2021
jiday4:

Congratulations sir, may God give you the power and financial will to complete the project ,. Am really learning and using your thread to also guide myself .
Am about doing roofing of my 3bedroom bungalow too on a half plot .

Amen, and you too.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by Collins1507(m): 7:39pm On Oct 06, 2021
Congratulations to you bro.
It's not an easy thing ooo.
I know what me and my little 4bedroom bungalow is doing me now.

At a point I said that I WASN'T WELL INFORMED.
I for no enter.

But thanks be to God so far.

5 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by Collins1507(m): 7:43pm On Oct 06, 2021
Please what is involved in the first phase of plumbing. ( For toilet /bathroom, kitchen and wash hand and
*Note --. I have done conduit electrical piping
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 8:07pm On Oct 06, 2021
Collins1507:
Please what is involved in the first phase of plumbing. ( For toilet /bathroom, kitchen and wash hand and
*Note --. I have done conduit electrical piping

The first phase doesn't cost much.
It's also to run the pipes inside the toilet and kitchen so that the tilers can do their work.

3 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by Lampert505(m): 9:05pm On Oct 06, 2021
This is a very nice thread,
May God be with you as you’re about to finish the project....

But how much have you spent so far boss?

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 9:20am On Oct 07, 2021
Lampert505:
This is a very nice thread,
May God be with you as you’re about to finish the project....

But how much have you spent so far boss?

Amen.

It should be plus or minus 14M by the time am done with plumbing and electrical.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by justified007: 11:39am On Oct 07, 2021
ojasweb:

Ceiling for the 3 rooms, kitchent, toilets, and laundry.

White POP for the 2 sitting rooms, corridor, and veranda.

Check the attached video in one of the previous updates.

I am very much interested in this . Can I see the picture of the 2*2 ceiling?
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by justified007: 11:41am On Oct 07, 2021
Icecream4U:
Thanks for your replies. They are really helpful as I'm also building a 4 bedroom flat at mowo busstop badagry side.

Please, you mean you only used 35 bags of cement for plastering the whole house? My engineer is asking for 100 bags o cry

Minus the floor sir . I am sure your engineer must have added the floor to your quotation
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by justified007: 11:45am On Oct 07, 2021
ojasweb:

We bought cables.

1.5mm
2.5mm
4mm

Well done sir .

I will appreciate if I can get to know the quantities of each of the cables because I'm approaching this stage very soon on my build too

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Choosing The Right Foundation For That Project Type & Soil. / Nigerian House Plans: Innovative Architectural Designs With Affordable Budgets / Cheap Land In Festac For Sell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.