Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress - Properties (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress (19588 Views)

My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) / Building A 4 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2022
Gallybounce:

And also how mush did you spend in total for the Gerard .

I learned it’s now 3900/sqm

What else do I need to buy after buying the total square meters .

Which one is ridges and gutters?
I’m new into this. Pls . help break that down too

I think i already posted the grand total earlier on this thread.
My friend bought it 4,100 psqm last week.
You will need gutter and ridges.
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 12:32pm On Aug 06, 2022
Gallybounce:

Hello bro , just came across your thread
I just finished with the parapet and I think you’re right about being at the site with the workers. The parapet guy quoted 45 bags of cements and 45 cutter rods. Believe me, I bought 45 bags and he only used 25 bags for every thing.. I saved 20 bags already. I bought just 30 length of rods and it’ was enough .

That being said, I’m about to do the roofing and I also want to use stone coated shingles like yours.

My carpenter quotation is beyond my power. He justified it with original woods are expensive .

I want u to do me a favor.

Help me write out breakdown of the woods u used.
( my house is almost same thing as yours).

Even if the measurement is not the same, I’ll buy exactly like yours and if it’s not enough , I’ll buy more. I don’t want this people to overcheat me.. grin

Give me the break down of the wood
How many 2by 3
How many 2by4
How many 2by6
How many 3 by 4
how many bags of nails.

Also is it compulsory for the carpenter to go buy it? How can I avoid buying fake woods?

I’ll be going to get it on Monday hopefully ..

And finally, how can I spot the original stone coated gerard? and is it advisable to go buy directly from factory ??

Finally he charged me 200k for roofing..

Pls help ..

Hi,
kindly go through the entire thread. I have broken down every thing as far as i could remember during my process.

Don't allow the carpenter to buy it.

Also, where are you located?

Does the 200k cover for both the wood work and shingles installation?

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by drBuqi(f): 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2022
Hello how many bags of cement did you use to tile the whole house and how much of other materials too were used?
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 12:58pm On Aug 10, 2022
drBuqi:
Hello how many bags of cement did you use to tile the whole house and how much of other materials too were used?

I think i shared it in the thread already. Kindly check

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by redgem(f): 10:50am On Aug 16, 2022
ojasweb:
After fitting the windows, doors, and burglary, i proceeded with the ceiling for the rooms, toilets, laundry, and the kitchen.

I got 2ft by 2ft ceiling at the rate of 4000 Naira per pack.

I got 30 packs.

I bought wood and nails.

Workmanship was 45,000 Naira.

Please can I see how the ceilings look like?
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by redgem(f): 10:54am On Aug 16, 2022
ojasweb:
After the plastering, i proceeded with the POP work, both the arc, pillars and the white POP.

I bought 40 bags of POP cement. Each bag is 5,500 Naira.

20KG fillers.

Workmanship is per square meters. So total cost of white POP plus the TV stand was 170,000 Naira

For the arc and pillars,

I bought 5 bags of cement and the workmanship was 30,000 Naira.

Each bag of cement was 3,700 Naira.

How many trips of plaster sand and sharp sand did you buy for the plastering?
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by redgem(f): 11:34am On Aug 16, 2022
ojasweb:
Here's a short video of the interior of the building.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYVksVIagSA

Please can you help with the measurements of the rooms, sitting rooms, kitchen, veranda and corridor?

How many cartons of tiles did you use for the floors?

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2022
redgem:

Please can you help with the measurements of the rooms, sitting rooms, kitchen, veranda and corridor?

How many cartons of tiles did you use for the floors?

Rooms:
16 by 14
14 by 14
12 by 12

Private sitting room: 14 by 14
Main sitting room: 16 by 14

Kitchen 14 by 12

Can't remember the rest now.

For tiles, kindly go through the thread. I posted it earlier
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 12:41pm On Aug 16, 2022
redgem:

How many trips of plaster sand and sharp sand did you buy for the plastering?

I think 1 each. but if you go through the thread i believe i posted everything as i was doing it.
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by redgem(f): 12:41pm On Aug 16, 2022
ojasweb:

Rooms:
16 by 14
14 by 14
12 by 12

Private sitting room: 14 by 14
Main sitting room: 16 by 14

Kitchen 14 by 12

Can't remember the rest now.

For tiles, kindly go through the thread. I posted it earlier

I have gone through your thread twice grin...didn't see the number of cartons you used for ground floor tiles. Please if you can remember the number cartons used for each measurements, I'd be grateful.
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 12:54pm On Aug 16, 2022
redgem:

I have gone through your thread twice grin...didn't see the number of cartons you used for ground floor tiles. Please if you can remember the number cartons used for each measurements, I'd be grateful.

Damn, how i skipped that part surprised me.

I spent about 1.2/1.3 on tiling but can't remember the number of cartons.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by redgem(f): 1:03pm On Aug 16, 2022
ojasweb:

Damn, how i skipped that part surprised me.

I spent about 1.2/1.3 on tiling but can't remember the number of cartons.

Okay Sir, thank you for this information and God bless you..
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by austinofo(m): 7:40am On Aug 20, 2022
Nice thread bro, kudos!

So like this, if I want to build a house like yours there I'd be in possession of a total of about N30M?

Please kindly reply so that I know as my hustles go take be.

Thank you for this thread.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 6:58pm On Aug 25, 2022
austinofo:
Nice thread bro, kudos!

So like this, if I want to build a house like yours there I'd be in possession of a total of about N30M?

Please kindly reply so that I know as my hustles go take be.

Thank you for this thread.

30M is outrageous.

20M will be enough if you already have a land.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by austinofo(m): 6:05pm On Aug 26, 2022
ojasweb:

30M is outrageous.

20M will be enough.

Thank you. Really appreciate.

Does the 20M include acquiring a land?
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 10:17am On Aug 27, 2022
austinofo:

Thank you. Really appreciate.

Does the 20M include acquiring a land?

Yes, for me.

I bought the land 1.8M

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by austinofo(m): 12:11pm On Aug 27, 2022
ojasweb:

Yes, for me.

I bought the land 1.8M

Such good planning. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by Gallybounce: 10:53pm On Sep 01, 2022
ojasweb:

Hi,
kindly go through the entire thread. I have broken down every thing as far as i could remember during my process.

Don't allow the carpenter to buy it.

Also, where are you located?

Does the 200k cover for both the wood work and shingles installation?

My house is almost same as yours I think both in sharp and size . thank you sir.

I’ve just completed the roofing ,
Everything cost me around 3.3m plus or minus .

I spent 840k for woods ( ayin ), nails, chemical for spraying , knapsack , transportation and workmanship ..
I spent 1.9m naira for 390 sqm of stone coated black Milano plus accessories, transportation and workmanship
I spent 460k for the parapet and workmanship ( these guys did a great job ) .

While the roofing was going on , I felt like I wasted money ( spent around 3.3m to roof 3bedroom ( two sitting room) flat). I Thought I shoulda added small change and buy correct lexus cheesy..
But when it completed omo I’m really really satisfied .. as in I love it so so much . So beautiful .

Another downside is that the area is not yet developed to what I’m used to and it looks odd, bush bush everywhere ., but I don do am I don do am. Tbh na force dem force me o grin grin

Once again , thank you and God bless everyone of us . Amen.. Thank you so much for this insight ,
Others will find this your thread more useful in the future.

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 9:16pm On Sep 02, 2022
Gallybounce:

My house is almost same as yours I think both in sharp and size . thank you sir.

I spent 840k for woods ( ayin ), nails, chemical for spraying , knapsack , transportation and workmanship ..
I spent 1.9m naira for 390 sqm of stone coated black Milano plus accessories, transportation and workmanship

While the roofing was going on , I felt like I wasted money ( spent around 3.3m to roof 3bedroom ( two sitting room) flat). I Thought I shoulda added small change and buy correct lexus cheesy..
But when it completed omo I’m really really satisfied .. as in I love it so so much . So beautiful .

Another downside is that the area is not yet developed to what I’m used to and it looks odd, bush bush everywhere ., but I don do am I don do am. Tbh na force dem force me o grin grin

Once again , thank you and God bless everyone of us . Amen.. Thank you so much for this insight ,

Congratulations elder.
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by gabbrri(m): 6:29am On Sep 03, 2022
Gallybounce:

show us pix
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by rukyboy(m): 11:04am On Sep 03, 2022
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by tizteezy(m): 2:17pm On Sep 03, 2022
Good afternoon Chief Engineers and Architects

Please can someone assist with a good plan sample for a 3 bedroom flat that's not too complex in cost to erect.
Good linkages, lighting and ventilation.
I've seen a couple here on NL but would love to see more recent ideas.
Plot size is 50ft (breadth) by 70ft(depth inside the plot).

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by Harpheez50: 10:15pm On Sep 03, 2022
Call us for your stainless railings
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by Harpheez50: 10:17pm On Sep 03, 2022
ojasweb:

The picture below is the exterior.

I am yet to complete the compound work.

Also i am still going to install railings on the veranda.

We can help to Install railings
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by Vmbature(m): 1:07am On Sep 04, 2022
Congratulations sir.
am happy you completed ur project and moved in, gone through ur thread and must confess i love it and it's really motivating.
hoping to start mine soon.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by Gallybounce: 2:03pm On Sep 18, 2022
gabbrri:
show us pix
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by southsouthking(m): 4:50am On Sep 19, 2022
gabbrri:
show us pix

Hello sir, do you mind quoting me with the parapet guys number please.
I have a job for him.
This is lovely.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by kakakimedia: 6:19am On Nov 22, 2022
This is like 7m plus baba... Congratulations baba
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 5:26am On Nov 23, 2022
kakakimedia:
This is like 7m plus baba... Congratulations baba

way more than that.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by redgem(f): 6:12pm On Jan 26, 2023
ojasweb:
Interlocking production

Which is better and cost effective....making the interlock stones or buying the stones?
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 8:24pm On Jan 26, 2023
redgem:

Which is better and cost effective....making the interlock stones or buying the stones?

Making is better both quality wise and cost.
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by redgem(f): 11:21pm On Jan 26, 2023
ojasweb:

Making is better both quality wise and cost.

Okay....thanks Sir...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

ORIGINAL SURVEY PLAN,BUILDING PLAN DOCUMENT,BUILDING APPROVAL & CONSTRUTION / Choosing The Right Foundation For That Project Type & Soil. / Nigerian House Plans: Innovative Architectural Designs With Affordable Budgets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.