Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,142 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress (19402 Views)

My Room Transformation Progress With Cost Breakdown(Photos) / Building A 4 Bedroom Bungalow In Benin (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Construction Of 6self-contain Hostel Frm Start To Finish With Cost Saving Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by Erums(m): 10:13pm On Nov 06, 2021
Ojasweb.. Pls how did uu go abt ur pop?
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 10:42pm On Nov 06, 2021
Erums:
Ojasweb.. Pls how did uu go abt ur pop?

The white or those pillars and windows.
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by Erums(m): 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2021
ojasweb:

The white or those pillars and windows.

The ceiling pop.. Like what's de labour charges.. And also for the window and pillars... Amdo you provide materials or they do?
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 11:00pm On Nov 06, 2021
Erums:

The ceiling pop.. Like what's de labour charges.. And also for the window and pillars... Amdo you provide materials or they do?

I bought the materials myself once they give me the list of what are needed.

The workmanship for the white POP is 1,500 per sqm.

The pillars and windows workmanship was priced. I did them separately.

The interior has 10 pillars and 5 arc.
The workmanship for the POP of the pillars and arc was 45,000 Naira.

The Veranda pillars and arc was 35,000 Naira for workmanship.

The windows POP was 3000 Naira per each big windows, and 1,500 Naira per each small windows.

I hope this helps.
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by Erums(m): 11:07pm On Nov 06, 2021
ojasweb:

The windows POP was 3000 Naira per each big windows, and 1,500 Naira per each small windows.

I hope this helps.

Thank u somuch
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by Erums(m): 10:15am On Nov 10, 2021
ojasweb:

I hope this helps.

Goodmorning... Im back again

How do you determine what dey really need.. For example, what square meter does a bag of cement cover.. How can you determine the amount of bag you need.. Cos I'm getting inflated calculations... Pls assist
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 12:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
Erums:

Goodmorning... Im back again

How do you determine what dey really need.. For example, what square meter does a bag of cement cover.. How can you determine the amount of bag you need.. Cos I'm getting inflated calculations... Pls assist

I don't really know the square meters a bag of cement can cover. But if you have enough time to monitor your work, you might be able to cut down on their inflation.

My nature of work allows me to have time to monitor. I stay with them any time there's critical work.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 7:29pm On Nov 10, 2021
Today we tested the electrical work.

I am so impressed with the work this young guy did.

Total cost for the electrical is approximately 920,000.

(tapping light from pole, fencing lights and lightbulbs excluded).

Here are some of the things i liked about his work:

1. Provision of amplifier to connect DStv view from main sitting room to the private sitting room and the rooms.

2. Provision of distribution box for solar. With this, solar electricity won't distribute light to areas with heavy consumption.

3. Provision of 3 ways light bulbs controls in the rooms, and provision of charging port in the bed area.

4. AC wiring for all the rooms and sitting rooms.

And some other things i think I can't describe yet.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by southsouthking(m): 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2021
Nice job u're doing sir, i pray God give u more strength.

please sir can you give a rough estimate about how much was spent on the paraphet?
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 1:25pm On Nov 12, 2021
southsouthking:
Nice job u're doing sir, i pray God give u more strength.

please sir can you give a rough estimate about how much was spent on the paraphet?

Approximately 450,000 for the parapet.
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by seanwilliam(m): 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2021
ojasweb, do you suggest molding block or buying the block ( time for supervision and money is not the problem ) which one do you think is better ?

I have 100s of questions lol I hope you will have time to answer me . But let’s start from there pls
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by seanwilliam(m): 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2021
Can I see the plan also bro ?

And like how many blocks do you think will finish 4 bedroom
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 7:12pm On Nov 19, 2021
seanwilliam:
ojasweb, do you suggest molding block or buying the block ( time for supervision and money is not the problem ) which one do you think is better ?

I have 100s of questions lol I hope you will have time to answer me . But let’s start from there pls

Molding the blocks is better. This way you have a rest of mind and guarantee quality. Buying is not cheaper, yet the quality will likely be far less than when you mold.

Just make sure you supervise the molding and wetting properly.
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 7:14pm On Nov 19, 2021
seanwilliam:
Can I see the plan also bro ?

And like how many blocks do you think will finish 4 bedroom

I think we used about 5,000 blocks.

I don't have the soft copy of the plan, though the sketch i attached on the first few posts in this thread is very similar to the final plan.
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 11:14am On Nov 25, 2021
We have started sinking the sokaway.

The workmanship fee is 35,000 Naira.

After the sinking, we will do the floor, cast a beam then cover it.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by Tsuccesssquare: 12:19pm On Nov 25, 2021
ojasweb:
We have started sinking the sokaway.

The workmanship fee is 35,000 Naira.

After the sinking, we will do the floor, cast a beam then cover it.

Nice one.

Total of how much did you spend on the soak away?
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 12:30pm On Nov 25, 2021
Tsuccesssquare:

Nice one.

Total of how much did you spend on the soak away?

Approximately 500,000 Naira.
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by Tsuccesssquare: 4:46pm On Nov 25, 2021
ojasweb:

Approximately 500,000 Naira.

Wow, is this exclusive of the flooring and beam to cover it?
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by utepu: 7:02pm On Nov 25, 2021
Well done work

post=105657409]Greetings to the Bosses on Nairaland. And thanks to everyone who have contributed meaningfully to the property section of this wonderful forum.

Though i don't usually ask questions related to building constructions, however i have always come here to read some threads when i needed some guides. For example, i spent almost a week reading about steal coated roofing sheets on this forum.

On this thread i will share my construction of 3 bedroom bungalow in Badagry - the expenses and the progress.

I am doing this for two main reasons:
1. To document my progress and easily refer back to the thread in the future.
2. To provide some information to people who might find it helpful.

PS: I am not a professional building engineer and this thread is not meant to ridicule this wonderful profession in anyway.[/quote]
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 7:58am On Nov 26, 2021
Tsuccesssquare:

Wow, is this exclusive of the flooring and beam to cover it?

Since i will still buy granite, cement, and hire skilled workers, it will be approaching 600-650 for everything.
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 7:59am On Nov 26, 2021
utepu:
Well done work.

Thanks
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by Tsuccesssquare: 8:26am On Nov 26, 2021
ojasweb:

Since i will still buy granite, cement, and hire skilled workers, it will be approaching 600-650 for everything.

Many thanks for the response.

God bless your effort.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by MikoB: 11:03am On Nov 26, 2021
ojasweb:

Thanks

Thanks for your information, God bless you! pls can you tell me in total how many pop cement that you have used, I have 3 bedroom, I want to do, thanks
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 11:33am On Nov 26, 2021
MikoB:

Thanks for your information, God bless you! pls can you tell me in total how many pop cement that you have used, I have 3 bedroom, I want to do, thanks

I used 45 bags. but not for the entire house.
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by MikoB: 11:38am On Nov 26, 2021
ojasweb:

I used 45 bags. but not for the entire house.
Thanks for your reply, my engineer gave me a quotation of 100bags,tbe sitting room, 3bedroom the TV stand and the walls, pls can you tell me what the 45bags covered?
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 11:45am On Nov 26, 2021
MikoB:

Thanks for your reply, my engineer gave me a quotation of 100bags,tbe sitting room, 3bedroom the TV stand and the walls, pls can you tell me what the 45bags covered?

The 45 bags cover the 2 sitting room, 1 TV stand, dining room, corridor, waiting room, and veranda.
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by MikoB: 12:01pm On Nov 26, 2021
ojasweb:

The 45 bags cover the 2 sitting room, 1 TV stand, dining room, corridor, waiting room, and veranda.

Thanks so much, he told me, it covers,

the ceiling casting, installation and screedin, wall inside wall screedin and television shelve, the three rooms and the sitting room.
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by motta(m): 12:33pm On Nov 26, 2021
ojasweb:

Egbon i have already stated that i am not a professional builder. I only use my intuition to do the sketch.
yea but am quite sure its not what you eventually used drop the real drawing of what your sketch translated to ..
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 1:35pm On Nov 26, 2021
MikoB:

Thanks so much, he told me, it covers,

the ceiling casting, installation and screedin, wall inside wall screedin and television shelve, the three rooms and the sitting room.

I think the quote is not exaggerated. I just finished the screeding, interior and exterior. Though the contract is awarded to the painter. The total cost for the painting and screeding is 750,000 Naira. Satin paint.
Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by MikoB: 7:08pm On Nov 26, 2021
ojasweb:

I think the quote is not exaggerated. I just finished the screeding, interior and exterior. Though the contract is awarded to the painter. The total cost for the painting and screeding is 750,000 Naira. Satin paint.
OK then, thanks so much, a smart bungalow is expensive oo, going by what you have spent on yours, I still have a 5bedroom duplex that I'm constructing in the same compound with the bungalow, i have done the decking already, and with the way inflation is in naija now, na God go help ooo.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 7:38pm On Nov 26, 2021
MikoB:

OK then, thanks so much, a smart bungalow is expensive oo, going by what you have spent on yours, I still have a 5bedroom duplex that I'm constructing in the same compound with the bungalow, i have done the decking already, and with the way inflation is in naija now, na God go help ooo.

Things are really out of the roof. When i started i was thinking of 9-10M. But the reality is far above.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of 3 Bedroom Bungalow In Badagry - My Expenses And The Progress by ojasweb(m): 11:39pm On Nov 26, 2021
Here's the view after completing the screeding.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A 1 Bedroom Flat And Self Contain Building Plan Drawn With My Phone. / Construction Work In Progress,two Detached Buildings On A Plot@journalist Estate / 4 Bedroom Duplex At Agege Lagos State,design & Constructed By Archaran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.