Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! (35858 Views)

See What Wole Soyinka Wrote About Fashola(pic) / The Truth About Fashola's Success / What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! Pt 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by nobaga: 5:41pm On May 25, 2011
Please understand.

Eko Ile is doing his job the best way he can. He gets paid to do it and may not even be a Lagosian. Just wait until opportunity comes up in his State.

Eko Ile, well done. O kare, omo e a so oko fun e. With all the debt you left your children if you are a Lagosian,
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 5:43pm On May 25, 2011
Photos of Adams Oshiomhole in Old and New pictures of Schools

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by AjanleKoko: 5:44pm On May 25, 2011
nobaga:

Please understand.

Eko Ile is doing his job the best way he can. He gets paid to do it and may not even be a Lagosian. Just wait until opportunity comes up in his State.

Eko Ile, well done. O kare, omo e a so oko fun e. With all the debt you left your children if you are a Lagosian,

Rivers Assembly grants approval for N100bn loan.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 5:45pm On May 25, 2011
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by edicolove: 5:45pm On May 25, 2011
I see your reply. I’m not one to criticize especially if the person is doing a great job and Fashola is doing a great job! Mega cities by their very nature have inherent problems that other places don’t have. There is no other place in Nigeria that can be compared to Lagos due to the stress on infrastructure. Period.

Fashola seems to be on the right track to solve real critical challenges affecting the people of the state like; unemployment, education, healthcare, traffic congestion, pollution, housing to rid areas like Makoko, security, power, etc.

I think we should shower him with accolades to make him strive even harder!

I respect you posts because it is devoid of name calling and insults. when people cant argue rightly, they resort to insults. So lets look ate the indices you have put out,

unemployment = 45% in my book
education = 30%
healthcare 55%
traffic congestion = 90%
pollution = 60% - the beautification project has helped this a lot
housing = 25% he hasnt done much here
security = 40% This is getting really bad as there has been a sharp rise in raiding of estates by robbers
Power = cant rate him here. still in the pipeline
Roads = 50% - Would have giving him a really good score here if I were judging by VI roads. But the mainland is still very bad
Infrastructure = 60% but i think he has done more repairs here than building of innovative and creative stuff
Good leadership = 90%. this is where I score him the most. He has been able to carry everyone along and is a good builder of bridges just like GEJ.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 5:45pm On May 25, 2011
Goalkeeper Fregene Expresses Gratitude To Gov Fashola

Goalkeeper Fregene Expresses Gratitude To Gov Fashola

LAGOS - Nigeria’s former international goalkeeper, Peter Fregene, has expressed gratitude to Gov. Babatunde Fashola of Lagos, for facilitating his surgery at a private hospital in Lagos, “when all hope was lost.’’

Fregene, who had been bedridden for more than eight years, dispelled rumours that he had a stroke when he spoke with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Lagos. He said Fashola’s gesture to bring him to Reddington Hospital, Lagos, also revealed the nature of his ailment, which he traced to an injury he sustained in an international match between Nigeria and Guinea in Conakry in the 1970s.

“I must express my profound appreciation to Gov. Babatunde Fashola of Lagos for making it possible to be still alive today. Without his humanitarian gesture, maybe I would not have been alive.“I had been bedridden since 2001 although the problem with my back started in the 70s during a match between Nigeria and Guinea in Conakry.

“My last employer, NEPA, even arranged for my treatment in Ibadan. I was on admission at the Ibadan hospital for three months, but the hospital failed to diagnose the problem.

“My wife had to call Odegbami to inform Nigerians that I was dying after exhausting our resources.
“It was Odegbami who brought my case to Gov. Fashola’s attention. The governor sent a medical team from Lagos to Sapele to examine my condition.

“I was flown to Lagos from the Warri airport by air bus,” Fregene said. The 61-year-old goalkeeper explained that it was at the Reddington Hospital that his ailment was correctly diagnosed through Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) screening.

“All the members of Peter Fregene’s family would ever remain grateful to Gov. Fashola for this life-time assistance, because his intervention came when we had lost all hope. “I must also thank Odegbami and Tetteh for always coming to our aid whenever we called on them. It was Odegbami who brought our case to the governor’s attention.

http://www.nigerianobservernews.com/01032009/01032009/sundayobserver/sports/sportsnews7.htm
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 5:49pm On May 25, 2011
Afanna, Adams Oshiomole and Fashola drink from the same spring of wisdom and allow themselves to wander in its light. Mind you, Edo State is of SW. Ani, you don't get it, pictures from Akwa Ibom and all those . Don't u get it ni, abi.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 5:50pm On May 25, 2011
Gov. Fashola Commissions First Of Its Kind State Digital Mapping/geographic Info.

Commissions First Of Its Kind State Digital Mapping/Geographic Information System (GIS)

Press Releases

Fashola Commissions First Of Its Kind State Digital Mapping/Geographic Information System
FG, other States should copy Lagos - Says Prof. Nwilo

Mar 7, 2011 - Lagos State Governor, Mr Babatunde Fashola on Monday commissioned the State Geographic Information System (GIS) describing it as a defining moment in the transformation of the State and the continuation of her progress towards becoming Africa's model city.

The Governor who spoke at the Eko Hotels and Suites venue of the launch added that the GIS will transform the way many of the things in Lagos State are done.

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 5:52pm On May 25, 2011
Lagos gets new Crime-Fighting Bell 412 EP helicopters.

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 5:53pm On May 25, 2011
Lagos Donates Ten Power Bikes to Police

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 5:55pm On May 25, 2011
Fashola Hands Over Additional 10 Armoured Personnel Carriers To State Police Command.

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 5:57pm On May 25, 2011
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by seanet02: 5:58pm On May 25, 2011
Anybody denying Fashola his dues is a M.oron
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 5:58pm On May 25, 2011
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by edicolove: 5:59pm On May 25, 2011
HAHAHAHAHAHA! This is why I think this whole discussion is politics. I know the guy who did the GIS system. He is into GIS and has done jobs for oil companies. He sold his technology to Lagos state, they bought it with over 200 million and the guy has smiled to the bank. Now you call it an innovative system by Lagos state. The system is not even in serious use with all the money that was paid. it might come in handy in the future, no doubt, but for now, it is not very useful.

My biggest problem with all the pictures that have been posted is that they are all regular government daily activities and jobs. I havent seen a visionary project posted. I maintain that the only visionary project Lagos has done so far is the BRT. Even that will still be considered normal business in developed countries but I will consider it visionary in a country like Naija
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 6:00pm On May 25, 2011
LASG Hands Over 100 Patrol Vehicles, 50 Motorcycles To State Security Trust Fund

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by AjanleKoko: 6:01pm On May 25, 2011
edicolove:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! This is why I think this whole discussion is politics. I know the guy who did the GIS system. He is into GIS and has done jobs for oil companies. He sold his technology to Lagos state, they bought it with over 200 million and the guy has smiled to the bank. Now you call it an innovative system by Lagos state. The system is not even in serious use with all the money that was paid. it might come in handy in the future, no doubt, but for now, it is not very useful.

Dude, no offence, but this is some kind of beer parlour talk.
Why didn't you sell this story to newspapers and expose Fashola? Who's going to buy this 'I know this guy all of a sudden'?
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 6:02pm On May 25, 2011
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by seanet02: 6:03pm On May 25, 2011
edicolove:

Yes you know the guy, the guy selling crack beside your shit house.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by olyivy(f): 6:03pm On May 25, 2011
Fashola is trying no doubt BUT most of the projects pictures posted here by Eko (axehole) Ile are not massive projects.

The only one that I have to classify as massive should be the 12.MW plant, others are just buildings and it doesnt cost governments much to erect them.

Another one woulda been the ikoyi bridge but that one is still far from completion even though the fasho-ile guy tried to fool us with models there.

All in all, compared with other governors, he is doing well but putting the massive source of revenue at Lagos state disposal in perspective  dwarfs all we have seen here.

Thats my point. Oya, bring it on Yoruba almajiris!  cool
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 6:04pm On May 25, 2011
Lagos is Working. Fashola is Working.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 6:05pm On May 25, 2011
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Wallie(m): 6:06pm On May 25, 2011
The Government of Cross River seems to be pulling their weight but it in no way detracts from what Fashola is doing. I think it is a good thing that we are seeing a new breed of governors that are more interested in serving their people rather than lining their pockets.

With respect to people saying that Lagos has it easy because of revenue generation. Well, the corollary is also true that all “that” money makes stealing on a grand scale very tempting!
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 6:08pm On May 25, 2011
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 6:09pm On May 25, 2011
olyivy:

Fashola is trying no doubt BUT most of the projects pictures posted here by Eko (axehole) Ile are not massive projects.

The only one that I have to classify as massive should be the 12.MW plant, others are just buildings and it doesnt cost governments much to erect them.

Another one woulda been the ikoyi bridge but that one is still far from completion even though the fasho-ile guy tried to fool us with models there.

All in all, compared with other governors, he is doing well but putting the massive source of revenue at Lagos state disposal in perspective  dwarfs all we have seen here.

This is ignorance on your part, other states with 5 million people against Lagos state's 18 million people have larger budgets and spends way way more  than Lagos state and nothing to show for it.

Go read and study about your country, read about the states and how much they have and how much they spend before running your mouth about what you know nothing about.

Other states with smaller poupulation and larger budgets/money than Lagos state should be doing way way more than lagos and everything I/m posting in this thread. Too bad bad bele and tribalism wont let you people learn and progrress.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Wallie(m): 6:13pm On May 25, 2011
edicolove:

I respect you posts because it is devoid of name calling and insults. when people cant argue rightly, they resort to insults. So lets look ate the indices you have put out,

unemployment = 45% in my book
education = 30%
healthcare 55%
traffic congestion = 90%
pollution = 60% - the beautification project has helped this a lot
housing = 25% he hasnt done much here
security = 40% This is getting really bad as there has been a sharp rise in raiding of estates by robbers
Power = cant rate him here. still in the pipeline
Roads = 50% - Would have giving him a really good score here if I were judging by VI roads. But the mainland is still very bad
Infrastructure = 60% but i think he has done more repairs here than building of innovative and creative stuff
Good leadership = 90%. this is where I score him the most. He has been able to carry everyone along and is a good builder of bridges just like GEJ.

Thanks, I appreciate your candor!

Like I said before, Lagos is a megacity and there are a lot of challenges still ahead but when megacities of the world are compared, Lagos ranks 6th in the annual growth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megacity

Fashola still has quite a way to go but he’s well on his way as long as he doesn’t get distracted.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by seanet02: 6:14pm On May 25, 2011
olyivy:

Yeah Lagos and Rivers state collects almost the same budget yearly but have you ever heard the phrase "CHARGED RESPONSIBILITIES" can you also compare the quoted of Fashola with the flyover governors in the east? That is you can understand the Quoted.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 6:17pm On May 25, 2011
Wallie:

The Government of Cross River seems to be pulling their weight but it in no way detracts from what Fashola is doing. I think it is a good thing that we are seeing a new breed of governors that are more interested in serving their people rather than lining their pockets.

With respect to people saying that Lagos has it easy because of revenue generation. Well, the corollary is also true that all “that” money makes stealing on a grand scale very tempting!

How do you justify such ignorant understanding when the same states with just 5 million people have more money than Lagos and they spend more money than Lagos with massive 18 million people and larger responsibility?  It doesn't add up.

Instead of enabling such senseless nonsense, you should be calling them out to justify the spending since they are richer and post higher budgets than Lagos.

Shouldn't these states be doing 2-3 times more than what Lagos state is doing?

What are they doing with all that money?

When are you going to start asking that question
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by EkoIle1: 6:21pm On May 25, 2011
Fashola Hands Over Equipment To Fight Fire In High Rise Buildings.

Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by fadhill: 6:23pm On May 25, 2011
Some fools will say Fashola has foolled them. He has foolled them, because they thought it will be business as usual like in their PDP state. Really, he can only fool them because they are fools.
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Afanna1: 6:30pm On May 25, 2011
Re: What Is The Big Deal About Fashola? Nonsense! by Wallie(m): 6:31pm On May 25, 2011
Eko Ile:

How do you justify such ignorant understanding when the same states with just 5 million people have more money than Lagos and they spend more money than Lagos with massive 18 million people and larger responsibility?  Does it make sense, instead of enabling such senseless nonsense, you should be calling them out to justify the spending since they are richer and post higher budgets than Lagos.

Shouldn't these states be doing 2-3 times what Lagos state is doing?

What are they doing with all that money?

When are you going to start asking that question

Yeah, but calling people out will turn into who has the largest e-penis or at the very least bring the e-thugs out! The truth is that most people on Nairaland can’t seem to argue or make a point without name calling and I’m not ready to be called “brother agba ya”! I’ll leave the calling-out to you as you seem to have a thicker skin or just more in-tuned with their etiquette:-)

But the bottom line on development is res ipsa loquitur (the thing speaks for itself). If people can’t seem to understand that their governments are there to serve them and act accordingly, too bad for them!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Abdullahi Mahuta Shares His Jordan Trip Experience (Photos) / Adopt Visa-On-Arrival Reciprocity Or Face Retaliation: Minister, Tunji-Ojo / Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.