Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,702 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste (7820 Views)

Construction Of Oyo State 11 MW Independent Power Plant by Seyi Makinde govt(pix / Lai Mohammed : Expect 11,000 MW Of Electricity By 2023 / Gencos Release 4,313 MW Of Electricity To National Grid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by Trust50: 11:03am On Sep 10, 2021
Super story. You'll not only generate, but will also generate and export. Bunch of failures, always ranting about what you'll never be able to achieve

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by Decency2020(f): 11:04am On Sep 10, 2021
Some fools up there are buying into this already. Na today?

Promising government without implementation

Vulture griller will be here to masturbate.
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by Help2020: 11:06am On Sep 10, 2021
Ekakamba:
Good.

Those states with an abundance of waste should follow suit ASAP.

Don't waste your waste. grin tongue
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by dallyemmy: 11:08am On Sep 10, 2021
Nigeria to
Nigeria will
Nigeria is going to
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by Agugbadin: 11:11am On Sep 10, 2021
Let us stop this advertisement and do it first. China will not advertise this kind of small project but here we advertise to gain political points and after 4yrs nothing happens.
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by hotseat: 11:11am On Sep 10, 2021
Wow!

I personally commend the Gandollars man for looking at this positive direction and not some archaic Hisbah stuff!

This is the inward-looking that we all crave for.

Other states should replicate this as soon as possible.

The advantages would be enormous, no doubt.

We just hope it would not end up as a mere academic exercise at the end of the day!

Once again, Governor Gandollars, kudos to you!
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by econome(m): 11:20am On Sep 10, 2021
Cheap! And not surprising!

Because as individual I generate between 800w and 1000w daily with solar system, costing less than 250k.

Without formal training from any institute or industry, but daily online studies for only 30 days.

DONT LET NEPA BILLS SEND YOU BACK TO VILLAGE, SWITCH UR BASIC ELECTRICAL NEEDS TO SYSTEM.

Salatavor:
This is a very important development. I am tired of a nation that cannot handle its waste products...
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by DjTreSixty(m): 11:22am On Sep 10, 2021
Dozie32:
In this Buhari regime?

You mustn't be a pessimist all the time.
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by econome(m): 11:22am On Sep 10, 2021
Cheap! And not surprising.

Because as individual I generate between 800w and 1000w daily with solar system, costing less than 250k.

Without formal training from any institute or industry, but daily online studies for only 30 days.

DONT LET NEPA BILLS SEND YOU BACK TO VILLAGE, SWITCH UR BASIC ELECTRICAL NEEDS TO SYSTEM.

postbox:

Plans are underway in Kano state, Nigeria to produce 150 MW of electricity from waste. This was announced by Capegate Investment Limited, a Nigerian-based company that specializes in Biotechnology and Waste management, approximately three months after it signed a 20-year public-private partnership with the Kano State Government and took over waste management in the state.

Speaking on the aforementioned plans, Bello Abba Yakasai, the company’s Chief Operating Officer (COO) said that next year, they will generate 10 megawatts of electricity and in the next five years, depending on how the typology of waste changes, will yield to 150 megawatts for Kano and Jigawa.

A part of a larger waste recycling plan
According to the Capegate Investment COO, the plan to produce 150 MW of electricity from waste in Kano is a part of a larger plan where the company intends to establish three major industries.

“One of the industries is what we call a transfer station. This is where all the wastes including plastic, metals, and aluminium among others, will be sorted. The sorted out waste will be recycled or transformed into other products. High-density plastic (HDP) and tires would be converted into burnable oil, while low-density plastic would be converted into shopping bags, water bottles, and other relevant products.”

“The next phase is the diversification industry. In here we will be converting biodegradable waste to produce gas and create steel, which in turn, would be processed into turbines to produce electricity. Under this phase/industry, we hope to facilitate the generation of at least 10 megawatts of electricity before the end of next year (2022),” explained Mr. Yakasai.

In the third industry food waste and bio-waste would be turned into organic fertilizer, which is safer health-wise on crops and human consumption.

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2021/09/09/nigeria-produce-of-electricity-waste/
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by suffering: 11:22am On Sep 10, 2021
If the write-up contains “to” then it’s safe to assume the plan is a pipe dream. I’ve lived forty plus years in this country. Optimism is an unwise character trait.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by Naybahood(m): 11:29am On Sep 10, 2021
Me and You know this project ain’t going nowhere.
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by Litmus: 11:45am On Sep 10, 2021
This is a fortuitous post for me since, coincidentally, I’ve had an idea on my mind on how Nigeria States could manage Street Cleaning and ensure that the resultant institution lasts; but, there hadn’t seemed a natural thread to post the idea on Nairaland. Niaraland does not have an Ideas section.

The idea was a simple one, probably done elsewhere (I don’t know); in any case, I was thinking that state governments could create Litter Incinerating Sites were people could take rubbish and litter collected from the streets or anywhere. The Incineration Site would have (Payment Canters) a place were money is paid to individuals that bring in such rubbish/litter. People would be paid according to weight of the rubbish they bring in sacks. What is paid dose not have to be much but good money could be made in relation to the amount of rubbish an individual or groups drag in.

My thoughts then turned to the problem of pollution that these incinerating sites would throw up into the atmosphere. I countered this by reasoning that such pollution just has to be ignored; that compared to the magnitude of Western World’s pollution ours would be negligible. However now that government is proposing exploiting rubbish to generate electricity, the problem may have in this the ideal resolution
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by ComeToJesus: 12:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
postbox:

Plans are underway in Kano state, Nigeria to produce 150 MW of electricity from waste. This was announced by Capegate Investment Limited, a Nigerian-based company that specializes in Biotechnology and Waste management, approximately three months after it signed a 20-year public-private partnership with the Kano State Government and took over waste management in the state.

Speaking on the aforementioned plans, Bello Abba Yakasai, the company’s Chief Operating Officer (COO) said that next year, they will generate 10 megawatts of electricity and in the next five years, depending on how the typology of waste changes, will yield to 150 megawatts for Kano and Jigawa.

A part of a larger waste recycling plan
According to the Capegate Investment COO, the plan to produce 150 MW of electricity from waste in Kano is a part of a larger plan where the company intends to establish three major industries.

“One of the industries is what we call a transfer station. This is where all the wastes including plastic, metals, and aluminium among others, will be sorted. The sorted out waste will be recycled or transformed into other products. High-density plastic (HDP) and tires would be converted into burnable oil, while low-density plastic would be converted into shopping bags, water bottles, and other relevant products.”

“The next phase is the diversification industry. In here we will be converting biodegradable waste to produce gas and create steel, which in turn, would be processed into turbines to produce electricity. Under this phase/industry, we hope to facilitate the generation of at least 10 megawatts of electricity before the end of next year (2022),” explained Mr. Yakasai.

In the third industry food waste and bio-waste would be turned into organic fertilizer, which is safer health-wise on crops and human consumption.

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2021/09/09/nigeria-produce-of-electricity-waste/
undecided

Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by Dozie32(m): 1:16pm On Sep 10, 2021
DjTreSixty:

You mustn't be a pessimist all the time.

Oyibo
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by LofP(m): 2:06pm On Sep 10, 2021
I think the title is misleading. It should be "Kano" not "Nigeria".
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by Kenn55: 2:28pm On Sep 10, 2021
I want to hear "Nigeria has" not "Nigeria to"

We know how it ends.
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by ExtraVioment: 2:29pm On Sep 10, 2021
This is not impressive, it is a drop in the ocean, may I also say, a small speed wishful progress.

At this rate, by 2050, Nigeria will still be in darkness, now tell me how can the angels be locating Nigeria for blessings like they do to well lit countries.
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
Nothing will come of it.
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by Adebaba1(m): 3:45pm On Sep 10, 2021
lexy2014:

did u ask d OP before u said:

lagos should emulate this

and did i tell you that i needed OP's validation before i typed the above
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by lexy2014: 3:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
Adebaba1:

and did i tell you that i needed OP's validation before i typed the above

if u dont need d OPs validation, why then do u think that I need to ask d OP if d project in d story been actualised?
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by Adebaba1(m): 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
lexy2014:

if u dont need d OPs validation, why then do u think that I need to ask d OP if d project in d story been actualised?
And why then do you think you have the guts to ask me that sort of question?
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by lexy2014: 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2021
Adebaba1:

And why then do you think you have the guts to ask me that sort of question?

who are u that i shouldnt have d guts to ask u that sort of question?
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by Gamesmart: 8:20pm On Sep 10, 2021
lexy2014:

The real question is: Tell me what are the achievements of home-based players in CAN, WAFU, ACL etc. that shows they are worthy as the main base for selection to represent Nigeria instead of the foreign-based players.

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by lexy2014: 9:38pm On Sep 10, 2021
Gamesmart:

The real question is: Tell me what are the achievements of home-based players in CAN, WAFU, ACL etc. that shows they are worthy as the main base for selection to represent Nigeria instead of the foreign-based players.

grin grin grin

Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by Niswayne19: 11:57pm On Sep 10, 2021
I love to hear something like this. Waste can GRA rate electricity and it’s good to know Nigeria is taking advantage of that opportunity. Also ikeja electric as made I possible through their upgraded mobile app to pay for electric bill and manage your account without going out. This the download link for Android and iOS. https://www.ikejaelectric.com/mobile-app/?utm_source=Nairaland&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=Power_In_Your_Hands
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by Gamesmart: 12:53am On Sep 11, 2021
lexy2014:

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Produce 150 MW Of Electricity From Waste by Sambab(m): 9:37am On Sep 11, 2021
Adebaba1:
lagos should emulate this...the amount of waste generated by lagos alone can supply electricity for the whole of nigeria. i am sure some people would have pushed it to the government but because of no long leg, the project wouldn't actualize.

You are correct about this

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Prepare Is Southwest ? / BREAKING : Senate President Saraki Finally Steps Down / Gov. Akeredolu Arrives The Assembly Complex For Ondo Budget 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.