Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,341 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola (24164 Views)

Budgit And Tracka: Track All State, Project Allocations And State Of Completion / 5 Popular Nigerians Who Died At The Verge Of Victory (Photos) / Fashola Inspects Ikoyi Bridge Now At 80% Completion. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by seanet02: 5:57am On Oct 08, 2013
By MONSUR OLOWOOPEJO

Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State, yesterday, said the state government had commenced the construction of the route for the cable car project to complement the transportation system in the state, saying, “the project is on the verge of completion.”

Fashola, who disclosed this at the event marking the 2013 World Habitat Day: ‘Urban Mobility,’ at the Alausa Secretariat, Ikeja, said the introduction of the cable car transportation was in line with the global practices.

The governor, who was represented by Commissioner for Transportation, Mr. Kayode Opeifa, described the innovation as vital to achieving the mega city status.

He assured that, “the present administration is committed to activating every means of transportation in Lagos in order to reduce numbers of vehicles on the road, which translates to unhealthy volumes of carbon emissions.”

Fashola noted that the state would soon commission the Blue and Red Rail lines to further increase residents transport options, saying, “when completed, about 1.6 million Lagosians would be transported daily.”

According to him, “at the end of the 2014, the Blue Line of the rail project should begin to transport residents from Mile2 to Marina, a journey of about 13.5 kilometres, in the shortest possible time.

“We are also proud to say that the cable car, a veritable means of fast and unhindered transportation, is on the verge of completion.

“To grow the economy of our dear city of Lagos into one of the model mega cities in Africa, embracing the best practices in the transportation/urban mobility cannot be overlooked.

“Lagosians must accept the concept of transportation as safer and more economical. We must recognise that individual transportation translates to more vehicles on the roads, which translates to an unhealthy volume of carbon emissions.

“Hence, our drive is to provide a combination of transportation that would include road, rail and water-ways. The challenges, however, are formulating more innovative changes aimed at ensuring the sustainability of these policies,” he added.

Speaking on the theme, Fashola said that the theme was apt, boasting that his administration is already working on arrays of affordable intercity modes of transportation to easy the movement of the residents, having realised that over 70 per cent of the residents live in the state metropolis.

Commissioner for Physical Planning, Mr. Olutoyin Ayinde explained that the 2013 theme of the World Habitat Day was not determined by his ministry, but the United Nations, saying, ”the state government state is living no stones unturned to implement the intermodal transportation.

“Our water transportation now moves about two million people daily. The cable car will take off from Apapa and link to Falomo via Lagos Island.

“The visibility study is on and tests are being conducted. Soon, Lagosians would soon experience another transportation experience. The Blue line and the Redline rail projects are on-going and will soon completed. Lagos state is the third in the African continent to achieve urban mobility.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/cable-car-project-verge-completion-fashola

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by seanet02: 5:59am On Oct 08, 2013
Lagos Oni Baje
South West Oni Baje o
Ile Yoruba Oni Baje`

25 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Gbawe: 6:11am On Oct 08, 2013

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by kettykin: 6:13am On Oct 08, 2013
Super story !!!

3 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by iterator25: 6:16am On Oct 08, 2013
kettykin: Super story !!!
wetin your pa don do for this life wey e come sad?

26 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by geeez: 6:19am On Oct 08, 2013
kettykin: Super Success story !!!

iterator25: wetin your pa don do for this life wey e come sad?

The man gave birth to an ever drooling-slowpoke

24 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by seanet02: 6:19am On Oct 08, 2013
Apoda, very senile ediot you are.
Not everybody is a loser like you and your co human eaters.
You will eventually die hating all your life3

18 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Tolexander: 6:20am On Oct 08, 2013
He assured that, “the present
administration is committed
to activating every means of
transportation in Lagos in
order to reduce numbers of
vehicles on the road, which
translates to unhealthy
volumes of carbon emissions.”
this innovation is wonderful cos it will;
1. Reduce the daily traffic congestion.
2. Reduce pollution due to the carbon emissions into the atmosphere.

Eko o ni spaghe o, o spaghetti!

14 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Gbawe: 6:21am On Oct 08, 2013

We thank you. Hopefully, you will get fans to pay attention to your own "super story" let alone idly sit around obsessively waiting for it before you even announce it. Now run along.

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by mayorall(m): 6:28am On Oct 08, 2013
Good. As some people will say, "APC's projects execution is just a way of looting our money", if na like this mak dem dey loot am and make we dey see projects. Na where person they work e dey chop na why dem call am work-chop be that.gringringringrin,

7 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by gregg2: 6:30am On Oct 08, 2013
Bunch of greedy criminals

1) Where is the Lekki International Airport he promised us will be ready by December 2012?

2) What about the Lekki Seaport?

3) Where are the trains we were told he ordered from Canada since 2011?

4) Why is he abandoning the much hyped Lagos - Badagry expressway that he lobbied Fed Govt to handover to him?

5) Why is a state like Lagos still without portable pipeborne water?

42 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 6:34am On Oct 08, 2013
Cable car ke? I can't afford to miss the jolly good ride. Who no like better things? cheesy cool

Eko Oni Baje O! grin

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by iterator25: 6:35am On Oct 08, 2013
berem: Cable car ke? I can't afford to miss the jolly good ride. Who no like better things? cheesy cool

Eko Oni Baje O! grin
village girl

7 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 08, 2013
iterator25: village girl
You are entitled to your comment. I don't give a damn!

7 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by texazzpete(m): 6:46am On Oct 08, 2013
2 million people transported daily via water? I find this figure hard to believe.

Fashola is doing an Ok job though. Sometimes it's almost easy to forget his poor record in health care and the pitiable state of roads in some of the less celebrated areas in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Omexonomy: 6:47am On Oct 08, 2013
South west E-cockroaches and E-thugs i hail una.
You people have succeded in polluting nairaland with ur stup1d smelling character and smelling mouth that smells like a 5o years rotten egg.
Mods please call them to order though i know it is their culture to insult who ever disagree with them
iterator25: wetin your pa don do for this life wey e come sad?
geeez:

The man gave birth to an ever drooling-slowpoke
seanet02:

8 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Omexonomy: 6:48am On Oct 08, 2013
texazzpete: 2 million people transported daily via water? I find this figure hard to believe.

you never see anything dem sabi lie.

13 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Omexonomy: 6:53am On Oct 08, 2013
gregg2: Bunch of greedy criminals

1) Where is the Lekki International Airport he promised us will be ready by December 2012?

2) What about the Lekki Seaport?

3) Where are the trains we were told he ordered from Canada since 2011?

4) Why is he abandoning the much hyped Lagos - Badagry expressway that he lobbied Fed Govt to handover to him?

5) Why is a state like Lagos still without portable pipeborne water?

what about the dieasel generator he promise to install to supply his office and home electricity.
For asking these kwestions be prepare for the insult that will be thrown at you.

3 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Tolexander: 6:54am On Oct 08, 2013
Omexonomy: South west E-cockroaches and E-thugs i hail una.
You people have succeded in polluting nairaland with ur stup1d smelling character and smelling mouth that smells like a 5o years rotten egg.
Mods please call them to order though i know it is their culture to insult who ever disagree with them
tu quoque!
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Adejoro74: 6:54am On Oct 08, 2013
No pictures no show. We do not want to see designs but true photos. Fasola is a liar cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by kettykin: 6:55am On Oct 08, 2013
seanet02:

Why are you quarrelling with me because of some photoshop Document which any good computer operator can produce in few minutes

2 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by kettykin: 6:59am On Oct 08, 2013
seanet02:
If you can name any country that has successfully deployed cable car as a means of mass transportation then I can withdraw my statement

8 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by agbameta: 7:01am On Oct 08, 2013

As we hear about and and witness progress and stories everyday all over the SW, we don't hear anything from your villages combined, not even bore hole story, all we get is hatred, anger and bitterness everyday.

Talk about eternal curse and punishment.. It's very hard not to feel sorry for you people sha..

7 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by honeric01(m): 7:10am On Oct 08, 2013
berem: Cable car ke? I can't afford to miss the jolly good ride. Who no like better things? cheesy cool

Eko Oni Baje O! grin

Death sentence
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 08, 2013
Omexonomy: South EAST E-cockroaches and E-thugs i hail una.

Fixed.

10 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 08, 2013
sorry. Just take your medications and find a cool place to lay your head. ...you can try sleeping under a shady tree.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by kettykin: 7:23am On Oct 08, 2013
agbameta:

As we hear about and and witness progress and stories everyday all over the SW, we don't hear anything from your villages combined, not even bore hole story, all we get is hatred, anger and bitterness everyday.

Talk about eternal curse and punishment.. It's very hard not to feel sorry for you people sha..
I can only say that I pity the first would be victims without life insurance policy cover of this super story project if ever at all it is not a scam by some very clever politicians capitalising on the gullibility of members of their constituency.

4 Likes

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Omexonomy: 7:40am On Oct 08, 2013
Tolexander: tu quoque!
you will be forgiven for not been able to communicate in simple english.

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Omexonomy: 7:43am On Oct 08, 2013
Why did you edit my post For ur own good i am not from south east
*556#:

Fixed.
Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by dridowu: 7:47am On Oct 08, 2013
Lagos = Goodnews
Eko oni bajeeeeeee
O baje tiiiiiiiiii

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 08, 2013
Na wa 4 dis APC guys oh...so person no fit atleast talk of una projects..na waoh..haba..na so una dey peruse newspaper sites the find bad news to take discredit PDP..nobody dey complain..una neva enter power una don dey bite like dis wen una enta perdon no go fit talk im mind o....abeg make no body abuse me cus i just dey talk my mind

1 Like

Re: Cable Car Project On The Verge Of Completion – Fashola by Tolexander: 8:04am On Oct 08, 2013
Omexonomy: you will be forgiven for not been able to communicate in simple english.
but you won't be forgiven for being ignorant!
Go and read Hosea 4:6!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

$1m Found In Alex Badeh's Wardrobe - Witness Exposes Ex-Chief Of Defence Staff / Obasanjo: APC Government Intimidating Judges Ahead Of Elections / Amaechi Loses As Court Declares Igo Aguma From Rival Faction Rivers APC Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.